(M) Game 15, Arizona vs Arizona State (2020-2021)

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

EastCoastCat

Re: (M) Game 15, Arizona vs Arizona State (2020-2021)

Post by EastCoastCat »

Nice win. Hate that we let them back in the game late but overall we kicked their ass up by and down the court.

And trying to objective but I have never seen a team whine so much to the officials - from the coach, to the bench, to the players on the court. Shows to me a cultural lack of discipline but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised where it’s coming from.

Oh, and Fuck ASU.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:24 pm Nice win. Hate that we let them back in the game late but overall we kicked their ass up by and down the court.

And trying to objective but I have never seen a team whine so much to the officials - from the coach, to the bench, to the players on the court. Shows to me a cultural lack of discipline but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised where it’s coming from.

Oh, and Fuck ASU.
If Mathurin had been healthy and played the second half I think Miller keeps the foot on the gas and we blow them out by 40. Instead, Arizona had to play conservative and not push the tempo as much. They needed to work some clock because foul trouble could've become a very real problem late in the game. It's easy to say Miller let ASU back in the game -- but that was a bit of the strategy to avoid the disaster of another injury or T. Brown, Akingo or Terry fouling out early.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:24 pmAnd trying to objective but I have never seen a team whine so much to the officials - from the coach, to the bench, to the players on the court. Shows to me a cultural lack of discipline but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised where it’s coming from.
I thought it was pretty hilarious when Walton and Pasch were ripping Verge Jr. after he committed two very obvious frustration fouls in a row and then he started whining to the refs that he was somehow the victim.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:24 pm And trying to objective but I have never seen a team whine so much to the officials - from the coach, to the bench, to the players on the court. Shows to me a cultural lack of discipline but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised where it’s coming from.
Lots of Duke white boys over the years, with their whining and flopping. Hurley learned well from the master, but he won't get the calls K does.