Game #9 vs Indiana

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dovecanyoncat

Re: Game #9 vs Indiana

Post by dovecanyoncat »

"Putin hired the refs"

This is rich.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:28 pm How 'bout this guy: "Kerr is a butthole and Arizona is pretty much an international all star team. I don't like them."

LOL!
"Butthole" is probably one of the nicer things Kerr has been called.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

AZCatGirl wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:54 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:28 pm How 'bout this guy: "Kerr is a butthole and Arizona is pretty much an international all star team. I don't like them."

LOL!
"Butthole" is probably one of the better things Kerr has been called.
Yeah, all over the two boards I'm lurking on there are some ..... uh, citizens that say shit like "I think we played the University of Balkan Sates tonight." These Hoosier fans are precious.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

The dumbest shit I saw were two people who called Tommy a "d-bag like Izzo or K" and "an asshole" for complaining about missed calls. No one whined more than them. Sore losers.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I like seeing Tommy diverge from the Aw Shucks persona. Big boy basketball is bangin' brutal.

~ Wilhoit's Law
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

scumdevils86 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:35 pm Their fans are so fucking whiny all around me
There were some decent fans around me but there were also a lot of whiny douchebags.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Anyone see Kliavkoff sitting at the end of our bench and jumping up when Ballo got that last bucket for us. Funny to see that
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Just got back to my hotel room.

Give credit to the IU fanbase......they outnumbered us 3-1.

They were also the most whiny fanbase I have seen since Illinois.......they thought the refs raped them on every call.

They also had no sense of humor. When a couple of IU fans behind me kept chanting "I" "U" I asked them if that was their pronouns.....they seemed somewhat offended.

Bal came out of his slump big today.

Game highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p1kdT7DK9I
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Box score

Tubelis!
21 pts, 7 rebs, 3 blks, 1 stl

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... /401483349

Cool to see Bal off the bench with 3/3 = 9 pts
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

What Tommy Lloyd, Oumar Ballo and Kerr Kriisa said after Arizona’s win over No. 14 Indiana in Las Vegas

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... s-postgame
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

At least the Indiana newspapers aren't making excuses

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/c ... 717536007/
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Haha. I jumped onto a couple of IU boards and it was a ton of whining that refs screwed them all over the place - non goaltend call, flop call, moving screens all over the place, Ballo (someone called him a Rhino) clearing out, etc…

But what was really shameful is that some thought the U of A chant was really “USA” inferring a derogatory chant against our International players.

Pathetic.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

dmjcat wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:22 am
It would have put them down 6, but considering how we answered any run it wouldn’t have made any difference.

They add the flop call on the next play actually ended any chance for them even though there was a ton of time left.

Delusional comes to mind. What they are effectively saying is they needed every call to go their way to even have a chance to beat us. Sorry that’s not how it works.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

If it was a shot attempt it was goal tending but they had a guy running up the lane on the left and it really looked like their guy was throwing a lob pass.

If a shot can’t get to the rim it’s not GT and if it’s a pass and not in the cylinder it’s open game. I thought the refs figured it was a pass
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

If they are going to fade away and lose by 14 because of one goaltending then they're just a soft team. Simple as that. Or at least that's what Indiana fans are making them out to be.
Mike Luke's burner account.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:45 am
dmjcat wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:22 am
It would have put them down 6, but considering how we answered any run it wouldn’t have made any difference.

They add the flop call on the next play actually ended any chance for them even though there was a ton of time left.

Delusional comes to mind. What they are effectively saying is they needed every call to go their way to even have a chance to beat us. Sorry that’s not how it works.
The bottom still shot looks like it was not goaltending. Ballo is outside the rim by quite a bit. I understand their frustration but that is not what cost them the game.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

I rewatched the game and it was probably a goaltend, but the flop was a flop and the refs missed plenty of things on both sides including two travels that were on IU made baskets.

Bottom line was that we were too tough and too skilled for them at all five positions. Play that game 10 more times and we win 9 of them. We had an answer for everything they did and never got rattled. Just a great great win.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Looks like goal tending since the shot was on a downward arc and part of the ball appears to be over the rim.

It wasn't a game changer. This was a solid win by Arizona.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

Listen guys. I live in Indiana and married into an Indiana fan base family. All I have heard is complaining about the refs from friends. Was that a goaltend? Yes. Did we score a 3 on the ensuing possession for a 5 pt swing? Yes. Did those 2 plays determine the outcome of the game? No.

Other notes: in law family member said she thinks it’s unfair for Arizona to have that many international players. My wife is very reasonable and never blames refs, she just thinks they are soft. I warned everyone that Arizona would win the battle down low and they didn’t believe me. TJD = Charmin.

That is all.
arizonawildcats

Post by arizonawildcats »

I would love to whup their ass a second time in March.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Indiana Exc-ooisers...

We didn't get the calls - the refs were blatantly biased.
It was a goal tend, it wasn't a flop, every call against Indiana was wrong.
The Arizona coach whines at the refs even though they got all of the calls.
Arizona has too many International players which is unfair.
One of our best players was out - would have been a totally different game if he played.
We would have won if we hadn't started slow and gave up a 17-0 run.

What a bunch of whiney bitches. You got a beat down and lost by 14. If the goal tend happened on the last play down by 1 or 2, I might have a little sympathy. Otherwise, STFU and try not to end up middle of the pack in your conference.

Btw, Indiana has been irrelevant for a while so not sure why they feel like some kind of Final Four contender.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

I think they’re good again for the first time in a while and desperately want to be elite. Then they got their ass whooped and it can’t be that they’re not actually elite. The universe must have conspired to steal it from them.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I understand ref grumbling... we are guilty of it as a fan base consistently..... but we beat the Shit out of IU.

STFU
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Goal-tend? Maybe. All three refs likely saw the play as I did, which the player was throwing an alley-oop pass, and not taking a shot. The refs also have discretion if it's obvious the shot will fall significantly short.

The flop call was likely an accumulation. IU had no answer for Ballo. He dominated down low, and a lot of the fouls Ballo got called, the IU player was in the restricted space. Easy calls for the refs to make. Ballo in the restricted area is almost automatic that he either makes the shot, gets fouled, or both. Fantastic to see Ballo reach his potential and become a force down low.

I also don't get the international player whining. It's within the rules, and no reason why IU can't recruit these same players. That Miller opened up an international pipeline with players like Tubelis, Kerr, and Matherin, and Lloyd is known as a great international recruiter and brought in Ballo, Bal, and Larrson does give us an advantage. Too bad other coaches and programs don't try and do the same.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Bagging on international recruits is the latest iteration of "They have an extra muscle in their legs and they need to stay amongst their own kind to make it fair for us."

~ Wilhoit's Law
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »