Game 15, at UCLA (2015-2016)

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

pc in NM

Re: Game 15, at UCLA (2015-2016)

Post by pc in NM »

IMNSHO, we were lucky to be tied and with possession with the shot clock off...

... I think doing anything other than running the clock down to take a shot with one or two seconds for a putback was an indefensible tactic...

... whether CSM called it, or Anderson freelanced, it was an egregious error.

OT was ours to take the game.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

MrBug708 wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
WildcatStunner wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Of course coaches son plays the best game of his career. Super bowls are killer. Well, time to salvage the conference season already against USC.
Hahahahahaah, I can only laugh at you.
Lose at USC and it's a huge uphill climb to have a respectable season.
God you're such a troll
That's pretty much his gimmick on this board
You 2 make a pretty good troll package actually
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

pc in NM wrote:IMNSHO, we were lucky to be tied and with possession with the shot clock off...

... I think doing anything other than running the clock down to take a shot with one or two seconds for a putback was an indefensible tactic...

We were down one. So this whole post is moot.
mytwocents

Post by mytwocents »

PG version of RTs did a DAMN FINE JOB if I do say so myself. Brought em out prob a minute or so too late, that's on me, but they did their job...they will not be abused however, just remember...there's a lot of season to go...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

3goggles wrote:
Irish27 wrote:Just one more game until we get another person back on the bench.
Pitts??? I'd rather have Simon get his minutes!

Seriously. Although Pitts would have done a better job on Alford than Allen.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

pc in NM wrote:IMNSHO, we were lucky to be tied and with possession with the shot clock off...

UCLA had a huge defensive breakdown. Anderson turned to face the basket and basically nobody was guarding him. He had a clear path to the basket and it took a hard foul to stop him from scoring. It's a shame Anderson didn't score the bucket on the play for a potential 3-pt. opportunity. You don't take shy away from that opportunity just to hold until the last shot. You've got an easy chance to take the lead so you do it, no regrets. Anderson didn't make both his FT's (which wouldn't have mattered because of Alford's shot). But if UCLA is trailing on the final play instead of tied, their strategy might be a lot different. It's easy to hoist a long three pointer for a potential game winner when you're tied. Down by 1 I think you need to attack the basket.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

carolinacat wrote:

UCLA had a huge defensive breakdown. Anderson turned to face the basket and basically nobody was guarding him. He had a clear path to the basket and it took a hard foul to stop him from scoring. It's a shame Anderson didn't score the bucket on the play for a potential 3-pt. opportunity. You don't take shy away from that opportunity just to hold until the last shot. You've got an easy chance to take the lead so you do it, no regrets. Anderson didn't make both his FT's (which wouldn't have mattered because of Alford's shot). But if UCLA is trailing on the final play instead of tied, their strategy might be a lot different. It's easy to hoist a long three pointer for a potential game winner when you're tied. Down by 1 I think you need to attack the basket.
Good point. UCLA would have gone for a 2, or more like tried to draw a foul going for the 2 if down by 1.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

WildcatStunner wrote:Bryce Alford slapping the floor, what a toolkit.
I absolutely loved that moment . . . especially because right then he got caught on a screen and totally lost his man. If you're going to slap the floor on defense, you should . . . . oh, I don't know . . . . actually play some defense??? :lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?