Game 5, at Maui Invitational, vs Kansas St. (2014-2015)

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cats101

Re: Game 5, at Maui Invitational, vs Kansas St.

Post by cats101 »

catgrad97 wrote:I'm no fan of how our games have been officiated so far this season either, but CatintheHeat nailed it: Arizona's level of play kept KSU close more than any ref's call.

The team will be ready in March, but I think either Gonzaga or UNLV end the non-con win streak. If the Cats are back to dominantly massive, the other teams haven't gotten that email.
It will end before that. Also, UNLV isn't very good, better hope the Cats don't lose to them
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Pitt sucks. Struggled with Samford, lost to Hawaii.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

I truly do not understand what the Cats are supposed to do. So they are 2 inches taller, and 20 pounds heavier than their opponents, they slide their feet, don't reach, and get their bodies in good position. So ... just jump into the Cat defender and you're going to the line. The officials called 4 fouls on the cats inside of 1 minute in the second half, sending SJ to the bench with 4 fouls. If the Cats are not allowed to defend in almost any way, that makes the game much closer than it would have or should have been.

This game was a double digit victory without at least 8-10 phantom calls against the Cats. And that traveling call against Brandon, when he made an incredible move to the basket, left me speechless. Nothing really to say.

Does anyone know if Miller has done something to piss off so many officials?? It is mind boggling.

Go Cats!!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

catgrad97 wrote:I'm no fan of how our games have been officiated so far this season either, but CatintheHeat nailed it: Arizona's level of play kept KSU close more than any ref's call.

The team will be ready in March, but I think either Gonzaga or UNLV end the non-con win streak. If the Cats are back to dominantly massive, the other teams haven't gotten that email.

WTF are you talking about? Arizona's level of play? As in shooting 63% in the second half? As in shooting 53% for the game, and 40% from the arc? As in out rebounding them by 11? As in shooting 71% from the line? As in having more assists and blocks?

What exactly about Arizona's level of play kept KSU close?

If you are going to lament something, make sure you know what the fuck you are lamenting.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

How about another f*cking soft start?

That's what the f*ck I am lamenting. Happy now, or you want to try and explain to me how tonight's performance makes Arizona as good as Kentucky?
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

We're a different team than Kentucky, no point comparing ourselves to them just yet.

Our team is so good that we're almost guaranteed to not get blown out all year, our D is legit and we will either be the ones blowing teams out or it'll be a close game. Goin all Kevin Garnett but SDSU tonight is going to be a fucking war. Cats gonna take it at the end again too, just like vers KSU, we have the experience and wear down, this is what we do.

And good post Catstatic, completely agree. Thats exactly what I was trying to say. Our positioning and rotations on D are great, Miller has taught them well! I love how he harps on D.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

catgrad97 wrote:How about another f*cking soft start?

That's what the f*ck I am lamenting. Happy now, or you want to try and explain to me how tonight's performance makes Arizona as good as Kentucky?

Oh no, a slow start argument. Original.

Not saying we are UK or anything of the sort. We also aren't playing a glorified YMCA team in McKale.

I hope you get your fast start, 100% shooting, career highs from all players and a huge blowout tonight...maybe you won't find something to bitch about.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Defense is great until you can't buy a shot against a team like Wisconsin in the EE.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Defense is great until you can't buy a shot against a team like Wisconsin in the EE.
It seems like in basketball defense will always keep you in the game but it doesn't win championships.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Defense is great until you can't buy a shot against a team like Wisconsin in the EE.
I'm hoping by March Stanley will be the guy we didn't have last year - a player who can get his own shot in crunch time.
-JB
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

UAEebs86 wrote:
I'm hoping by March Stanley will be the guy we didn't have last year - a player who can get his own shot in crunch time.
Love the guys, but we were hoping the same thing for AG and NJ and they both had stinker of a game while that damn Polack played all world.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Love the guys, but we were hoping the same thing for AG and NJ and they both had stinker of a game while that damn Polack played all world.
I don't think we will have to worry about SJ getting the ball off in time.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Merkin wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
I don't think we will have to worry about SJ getting the ball off in time.
I see some selfish tendencies in SJ, probably from being "the man" in high school. I hope he hones in his skill and understands more about the flow of the game, and the right times to distribute the ball.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Olsondogg wrote:Anyone know of the commentators for the final? I can guess McDonough, who is alright...Fraschilla leaves much to be desired...but typically I thought Bilas was at the final...

Not that I'm looking ahead, but we should take care of KSU.
Bilas is doing the UCLA game in the Bahamas right now.
-JB