(M) Game 20, Arizona at Washington (2019-2020)

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PieceOfMeat

(M) Game 20, Arizona at Washington (2019-2020)

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Men's Game 20: ARIZONA (13-6, 3-3) at WASHINGTON (12-9, 2-6)
Date: Thursday, Jan. 30
Time: 7:00 p.m. (MST)
TV: ESPN2 (Dave Pasch and Bill Walton)
Radio: Arizona IMG Sports Network (Jeffries & Hansen), 1290 AM 107.5 FM

Game Notes: https://arizonawildcats.com/documents/2 ... atWASH.pdf" target="_blank
Gameday Link: https://arizonawildcats.com/news/2020/1 ... attle.aspx" target="_blank
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

PieceOfMeat

Re: (M) Game 20, Arizona at Washington (2019-2020)

Post by PieceOfMeat »

surely this is a must win game, no?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

PieceOfMeat wrote:surely this is a must win game, no?
Just as ASU was...
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Lose tonight and this board’s conversation is going to be on another level.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Does anyone feel confident about this game?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

DrWildcat wrote:Does anyone feel confident about this game?
Absolutely I do. But I am a turd
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I imagine the players are going to be way too scared to make a mistake, and up getting the Hazzard treatment.

Outside of Dylan Smith and Josh Green anyway, who have free reign to make bad choices with no repercussions.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Well, UDub has lost seven of nine and probably see this week as their last chance to get back on track, so no. Not feeling confident. I think the Huskies probably play with an edge and some desperation that we haven’t been able to match so far on the road.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Chicat wrote:
Well, UDub has lost seven of nine and probably see this week as their last chance to get back on track, so no. Not feeling confident. I think the Huskies probably play with an edge and some desperation that we haven’t been able to match so far on the road.
Yes, but....

Looking at UWs results, they look like a better team than us at finding ways to lose games.

So perhaps we have that going for us???? We can win the battle of who can throw up on their own shoes???
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

WildcatStunner wrote:Lose tonight and this board’s conversation is going to be on another level.
You mean if we go to 0-4 on the road in the PAC, with losses to the 11th and 12th ranked teams in the conference??

Yeah, that’s super melt down.

As it should be.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

UW has lost 5 out of the last 6. Four of those losses, however, were on the road and occurred when they were adjusting to losing Quade Green to grades. Their lone win was an 8 point victory over Oregon State. Their other home loss was 3 points to the Ducks........so its pretty obvious they are much better at home. They also have one of the few players in the league that matches up well with Zeke (Isiah Stewart). Couple that with the fact that they play a competent zone and no, I am not confident of winning this game.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I'm confident of one thing: our continued torment as Cat fans. To accomplish this the law of intermittent reward has to hold true. Our team can't just melt down without winning enough games to keep us in the torture chamber of hope. There simply has to be an unexpected showing sufficient to keep us from removing our dicks from the blender.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

If you're not in Seattle and plan to be at the game, just don't watch it. Better just to look at the result after it's over and decide whether it's worth watching at that point. Short of a miraculous Final Four, I doubt I'll watch another Arizona road game in real time for the rest of the season.

It's a sport. It's supposed to be fun. Wait until this team shows it's capable of becoming a source of enjoyment instead of anguish before you choose to give your time freely to it.

See what it's like to fall asleep and dream placidly when you haven't spent your evening sickening yourself despite knowing better than to make that choice.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Glad the fair weather football fan attitude has bled into basketball
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:If you're not in Seattle and plan to be at the game, just don't watch it. Better just to look at the result after it's over and decide whether it's worth watching at that point. Short of a miraculous Final Four, I doubt I'll watch another Arizona road game in real time for the rest of the season.

It's a sport. It's supposed to be fun. Wait until this team shows it's capable of becoming a source of enjoyment instead of anguish before you choose to give your time freely to it.

See what it's like to fall asleep and dream placidly when you haven't spent your evening sickening yourself despite knowing better than to make that choice.
I DVR every game.

Home games I watch starting about 25 minutes after tip off so I can fast forward through the commercials and halftime.

Road games I check the score at halftime and decide whether I want to watch at all.

That strategy didn’t do a fucking thing for me last week against ASU but it usually works pretty well for my state of happiness.

PHXCATS wrote:Glad the fair weather football fan attitude has bled into basketball
Glad you’ve nominated yourself to be the fan base thought police.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:If you're not in Seattle and plan to be at the game, just don't watch it. Better just to look at the result after it's over and decide whether it's worth watching at that point. Short of a miraculous Final Four, I doubt I'll watch another Arizona road game in real time for the rest of the season.

I DVR every game.

Home games I watch starting about 25 minutes after tip off so I can fast forward through the commercials and halftime.

Road games I check the score at halftime and decide whether I want to watch at all.

That strategy didn’t do a fucking thing for me last week against ASU but it usually works pretty well for my state of happiness.
For reasons I can't take credit for, I walked away from the ASU game when our lead shrank to 17 in the first half. In the second half when I got back, I checked the score first and then decided to stay away. After seeing the final score, I joined my family in laughing through two episodes of Schitts Creek and went to sleep giggling.

In a parallel universe of having watched the game, I would have scared my child with my outbursts at the screen, and finished the evening as a dark shadow that my wife tried not to watch through the corner of her eye. To a man, I ask every one of you to hereby swear you've never been that dark shadow in your house.

When your wife says, "It's just a sport", it's not because she's an idiot. It's because you are.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Longhorned wrote:
For reasons I can't take credit for, I walked away from the ASU game when our lead shrank to 17 in the first half. In the second half when I got back, I checked the score first and then decided to stay away. After seeing the final score, I joined my family in laughing through two episodes of Schitts Creek and went to sleep giggling.

In a parallel universe of having watched the game, I would have scared my child with my outbursts at the screen, and finished the evening as a dark shadow that my wife tried not to watch through the corner of her eye. To a man, I ask every one of you to hereby swear you've never been that dark shadow in your house.

When your wife says, "It's just a sport", it's not because she's an idiot. It's because you are.
See what you’ve done Sean Miller!!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:

I DVR every game.

My wife: “You doing ok?”

Me: “Yeah, I was just watching Arizona blow a 22 point lead to AS-fucking-U.”

Wife: “Uh... yeah. I could hear. In fact, everyone could hear. The neighbors probably think you were beating me.”

Me: “Great.....”
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Yup, nothing goes with domestic violence like yelling at Dylan Smith for missing free throws late in the game.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

"Honey, take your dick out of the blender."

"Fuck off bitch, you're not the boss of me!!"

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Actually, I can't wait for these two WA games. I predict we'll look good in our win against the Huskies but we'll lose in Pullman to a team that eats MREs and hitchhikes to all their road games.

~ Wilhoit's Law
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

dovecanyoncat wrote:Actually, I can't wait for these two WA games. I predict we'll look good in our win against the Huskies but we'll lose in Pullman to a team that eats MREs and hitchhikes to all their road games.
It’ll be something like that.

We’re too good of a team to drop to 0-5 in conference road games.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

SCCats wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:Actually, I can't wait for these two WA games. I predict we'll look good in our win against the Huskies but we'll lose in Pullman to a team that eats MREs and hitchhikes to all their road games.
It’ll be something like that.

We’re too good of a team to drop to 0-5 in conference road games.
Ed Zachery. We're too good for me to pull my dick out of the blender, but I and the program are miserable enough for me to blame it on my wife.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I wish I had a dick big enough to put in a blender. I'd place the blender on the floor, pull down my trousers, and bend over the device with my groin pressed into the lip of the vessel.

whir. whir. whiiiiiiiiiiiir.

"Press the button!" all my neighbors would shout, circling around me in the kitchen.

"I am!"

whir. whir. whiiiiiiiiiiiir.

"What, did they design this thing with the blade at the bottom?"
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

Chicat wrote: I DVR every game.

I do the exact same thing. Definitely makes for more sanity. Yet tonight I am going to put myself through this live!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

baycat93 wrote:

I do the exact same thing. Definitely makes for more sanity. Yet tonight I am going to put myself through this live!
I’ll be thinking about you as I go through my pregame ritual of drinking until my liver hurts.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

My wife got me one of these a long time ago. It's a foam brick. I throw it at the TV a lot.

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

~ Wilhoit's Law
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

We going to need a heavy duty blender with more Cat like colors for this job

baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

Chicat wrote:
baycat93 wrote:

I’ll be thinking about you as I go through my pregame ritual of drinking until my liver hurts.
I will have a shot of tequila in your honor. Plan on being at the bar promptly at 5pst. Just so I am appropriately inebriated in the likely event we have a patented slow start.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:
baycat93 wrote:

Join Longhorned and I in the land of domestic bliss and peaceful sleep tonight, gentlemen. I started DVRing over watching games live with Arizona football in 2018 and have slept the sleep of the just ever since.

Watching that loss at Oregon live was the last straw. No more ruined nights for me. I've got a daughter, three dogs, a huge house and a whole shit-ton of Mandalorian to forever content me.
Last edited by catgrad97 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I don't even have a DVR so what's a poor guy to do?

Hmm, just made me think of something I read. Don't think I have ever seen it, but then again, I never looked.

Today Sling TV added a free DVR to all customers. This DVR is limited to just 10 hours but is free for all Sling TV subscribers. You can still pay $5 a month for 50 hours of DVR storage if you want extra storage. You don't have to do anything to get this DVR it should now be added to your account.Dec 21, 2019

But thinking about it, I would miss the board chatter during the game.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I’m with the fans who DVR the game and decide how much I want to watch. I was never like this a decade ago. I thought when a person gets older the importance of watching sporting events wains. That might be partially true, but I find their are far more options for my spare time. And I can choose to skip the heartbreaks and the emotion that comes with it.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

84Cat wrote:We going to need a heavy duty blender with more Cat like colors for this job

The Women's team fans Bang the Drum! Our Men's team fans Bang the Blender!

~ Wilhoit's Law
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

33 replies before the game even starts has to be a record
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:

I DVR every game.

I can’t figure out if I like Schitts Creek or not.
It I’m on season 4.
Stevie looks like she got Botox and pregnant.

It’s a lot of eyebrows.
But, on the other hand.......
It’s ok, she’s his sister.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

In a hotel room, I'm getting ready to watch the game (in real time) and I'm about to order UberEats for dinner.

What's the best food to eat to ensure an Arizona victory?

I'm feeling either Greek, Italian or Asian.

I'm leaning towards Greek
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Hamburger
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I hated Schitt's Creek, but do like The Good Place so I also have no accounting for good taste in TV shows.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alieberman wrote:In a hotel room, I'm getting ready to watch the game (in real time) and I'm about to order UberEats for dinner.

What's the best food to eat to ensure an Arizona victory?

I'm feeling either Greek, Italian or Asian.

I'm leaning towards Greek
Nico may not agree with not picking Italian.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I felt like I had to learn how to watch Schitts Creek, and then it was hilarious. At first it seemed like an unoriginal premise for comedy. Then I found my inner Canadian.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I think this game will be incredibly tough. You have 3 freshman that have to execute how to attack this zone and you have Zeke with a very strong athlete and shot blocker playing opposite him. Others will have to step up especially Green. Not real confident in this one. We have been hot and cold from the outside so if we are on....no problem ......if not.....toss up.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Oregon did a lot of damage pressing UW. Without Green they don't have many decent ballhandlers. It would be nice to see Miller try to pressure the inbounds on made buckets.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

6-0 start for the Cats.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Smith with two garbage passes so far.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Smith hits his first three and promptly produces two turnovers
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

WildcatStunner wrote:Smith with two garbage passes so far.
Miller is so pissed at Smith that he has now benched Max Hazzard for the game.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

And another turnover.....by Green this time. Is anyone else yelling "get the ball out of his hands" at the TV every time Dylan touches the ball??
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alieberman wrote:

:lol:
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Alieberman wrote:
Haahahah, I just texted my friend something similar.