84Cat

Re: Game #14 vs Arizona State

Post by 84Cat »

Good guys 2
Hurley's. 0
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Got everything I wanted except the Hurley T.

Happy New Years Cats!!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Too bad Kansas pulled its nuts outta the fire.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Why didn’t Tommy go full Bobby Hurley on that phantom Zu technical? That was a common basketball PLAY. Not at all a foul and certainly not a tech.

Tommy needs to blow a fucking gasket in that situation in my opinion. We’ll see these refs 8-10 more times. Set that damn tone that you do not fuck with our kids!
CatFan1399

Post by CatFan1399 »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:25 pm Why didn’t Tommy go full Bobby Hurley on that phantom Zu technical? That was a common basketball PLAY. Not at all a foul and certainly not a tech.

Tommy needs to blow a fucking gasket in that situation in my opinion. We’ll see these refs 8-10 more times. Set that damn tone that you do not fuck with our kids!
Agree that it was a questionable call. I’ve seen worse where refs just step in separate the players and tell them to chill out. Tommy couldn’t afford a T there. Given time and score, I’m glad he stayed composed.
AzCatFan2

Post by AzCatFan2 »

Winning on the road in is never easy. Bear Down getting it done today. Shot well in the first half, and it carried us. D played well just about all game. Take away the 2nd half transition buckets, and ASu struggled to score all game.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

CatFan1399 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:42 pm
CardiacCats97 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:25 pm Why didn’t Tommy go full Bobby Hurley on that phantom Zu technical? That was a common basketball PLAY. Not at all a foul and certainly not a tech.

Agree that it was a questionable call. I’ve seen worse where refs just step in separate the players and tell them to chill out. Tommy couldn’t afford a T there. Given time and score, I’m glad he stayed composed.
I’m glad he didn’t get T’d up but he seemed to be just nodding along like Zu deserved it. It was total bullshit. I’d say to complain to the conference later but they’ll probably just put a bounty on Lloyd with a trip to Cancun as the payoff.
TheCatInTheHat

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

I get that we played poorly to start the second half and played into their hands. But, we were also mugged consistently and called for phantom fouls when we tried to get remotely physical in response. And the Fox announcers were garbage for not calling it out. Tommy's had a nice early ride so far in the conference, but I wonder how he feels about that stretch? He probably feels his strategy of ignoring it works best in the long haul. And maybe he's right. Meanwhile, before 2022 ended, we beat ASU in football, and we beat them in the other Big Two sport in Tempe. Happy New Year, Scum Devils!
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Casey Jacobsen was garbage today.

*ASSU player takes a contested 32 ft jumper with 20 seconds left on the shot clock*

“I’m not mad at that shot!”

:lol:
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Better then the guy that was talking about UCONN and said they had 15 assists on 12 made baskets.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

We will always struggle with athletic teams that have good springs. Our bigs don't get high off the floor they just know how to play basketball. That will win us a bunch of games but will give us trouble on the road.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

TheCat wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:28 pm We will always struggle with athletic teams that have good springs. Our bigs don't get high off the floor they just know how to play basketball. That will win us a bunch of games but will give us trouble on the road.
This was the main concern heading into the season, at least for me. The three guys we lost to the draft also happened to be our three most athletic players. If Bal improves in the coming weeks, that will be significant. But overall, this AZ roster just doesn't have elite athletes like BM and DT.
CatFan1399

Post by CatFan1399 »

Beachcat97 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:24 pm
TheCat wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:28 pm We will always struggle with athletic teams that have good springs. Our bigs don't get high off the floor they just know how to play basketball. That will win us a bunch of games but will give us trouble on the road.
This was the main concern heading into the season, at least for me. The three guys we lost to the draft also happened to be our three most athletic players. If Bal improves in the coming weeks, that will be significant. But overall, this AZ roster just doesn't have elite athletes like BM and DT.
In addition to their athleticism, two of those three were our two best defenders.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Arizona didn’t make a 3 the last 28 minutes of this game.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

This is where Pelle should step up, but he hasn’t.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CardiacCats97 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:23 pm
Yeah. Pelle's performance this season has been one of the bigger surprises. I really think he preferred coming off the bench.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Beachcat97 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:30 am
CardiacCats97 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:23 pm
Yeah. Pelle's performance this season has been one of the bigger surprises. I really think he preferred coming off the bench.
Don't confuse your (our) expectations with Pelle's development and evolution...

... just fucking cheer for him!!! I think he's gonna do it!!!

BTFD, ARIZONA!!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

His overall shooting percentage is down 6% and his percentage from 3 is down 9%, but he’s only taking .5 more shots per game this year in 7 more minutes of playing time. So it’s not like he’s a victim of the sheer volume of shots he’s putting up.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

That arena is a dump, which is perfect
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong