The Travel Thread

If you stayed, ate, or excursioned say it here.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Puerco

The Travel Thread

Post by Puerco »

By popular request.

For discussion about your favorite and not so favorite airports, go here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2905

Otherwise, discuss.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Puerco

Re: The Travel Thread

Post by Puerco »

Continuing from the discussion in the Rawle Alkins thread:
dcZONAfan wrote:
Puerco wrote:Barcelona's the best.
Where are you on Switzerland? I'll definitely go there at some point in the next two years, but not sure if I'll do Swiss alps or something else
I'm in Basel, dcZONA. Not much to see here, but I spend a lot of time in Valais, which is spectacular. Great wine down there, mountains are amazing too. Sion and Sierre are the main towns, but there are a lot of small villages and some really posh ones (like Verbier and Zermatt) if that's more your style.

If you want the more local scene, try Gruyere. Really beautiful castle, nice village, and great mountains above it.

As far as the larger towns, Lausanne and Lucerne are my favorites. If you have the time, Lugano and Locarno in the Italian speaking part of the country are amazing. Still the only place I've ever seen snow covered palm trees!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b66_1461630021

DcZONAfan .....would you recommend this in Barcelona as well? ;-).
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Thanks for cleaning up, Chi.