Maui

If you stayed, ate, or excursioned say it here.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

84Cat

Maui

Post by 84Cat »

Going to Maui for the first time in a couple of weeks for a wedding. Going to be there for 1 week. What must we do? We need relaxation & adventure.
azgreg

Re: Maui

Post by azgreg »

Spent part of my honeymoon there in...................91. The rest was spent on Kauai.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Went to Maui a couple years ago with my wife, first real trip alone since having kids. It was magical and completely re energized our marriage.

Hanging out on the beaches in Lahaina and Wailea, Road to Hana, snorkeling at the Molokeni Crater, drinking plenty of POG and rum.... Can't wait to go back
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

Went to Maui a couple years ago also with my wife and a group of friends. Rented a house up in the hills where you could see the whales breaching. Loved the snorkeling at Molokini, and the Road to Hana. We also spent a day on the water whale watching. Kind of intimidating when they get within a couple feet of you.

The luau in Lahaina was pretty good, although I'd say not as good as the one we went to in Kauai. And I don't remember the name of it, but in Lahaina, there was a magic/dinner show that was pretty good. One of the magicians was from Tucson, said he went to the U of A. I was in row 2 so of course I had to give him a Bear Down. Turns out he went to my high school and graduated a couple years after me. Small world sometimes.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I know it's touristy but we had a blast at the Polynesian Cultural Center.

Which reminds me, we didn't go to Maui, we went to Oahu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Watch out for the sharks.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Chicat wrote:Watch out for the sharks.
Crap, a 60 something year old died yesterday while snorkeling. That was one of the things we were definitely doing along with seeing Haleakalā at sunrise.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

84Cat wrote:
Crap, a 60 something year old died yesterday while snorkeling. That was one of the things we were definitely doing along with seeing Haleakalā at sunrise.
The good news is that this happens so rarely that the odds of it happening again are practically nil. In fact, you probably have a better chance of falling into Haleakala Crater than getting eaten by a shark, so I say skip sunrise, sleep in, and snorkel to your heart's content. That woman saved your life...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:
84Cat wrote:
The good news is that this happens so rarely that the odds of it happening again are practically nil. In fact, you probably have a better chance of falling into Haleakala Crater than getting eaten by a shark, so I say skip sunrise, sleep in, and snorkel to your heart's content. That woman saved your life...
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Going in mid January with my wife and 9 month old daughter and thankfully the in laws.

Any advice on restaurants I think we are staying in kanepoli at hanuaiki???
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

You have to go down the river through the lava tubes. Fantastic time
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Newportcat wrote:Going in mid January with my wife and 9 month old daughter and thankfully the in laws.

Any advice on restaurants I think we are staying in kanepoli at hanuaiki???
Mama's Fish House in Paia is a must. Make sure and get reservations. We also enjoyed Merriman's in Kapalua & had good pizza at Flatbreads in Paia.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Pretty sure we're taking a trip to Maui in the spring, any new information you guys have?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

scumdevils86 wrote:Pretty sure we're taking a trip to Maui in the spring, any new information you guys have?
Unless you have a hankering for Golubtsy wrapped Sarin paste I'd stay the fuck away from Tulsi Gabbard's restaurant.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law