Prescott advice

If you stayed, ate, or excursioned say it here.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Mr.Zebra

Prescott advice

Post by Mr.Zebra »

Hello,

I'm going to be in Prescott for 2 or 3 days in July, with family, and am wondering if anyone can give some advice on family-friendly activities in and around Prescott.

I've been to Prescott only once before--I'm not counting driving through it a few times--but that was only for a quick overnight stay due to a wedding.

Any advice would be appreciated, but lower priced activities would probably take precedence for us--if that makes sense, I guess I mean that we're on a budget here.
UAdevil

Re: Prescott advice

Post by UAdevil »

Love going to Lynx lake. Good fishing. Also, the Sharlot Hall Museum is a must. I also recommend the Black Hole Beer Company. Much to see on Whiskey Row as well.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Mr.Zebra

Post by Mr.Zebra »

UAdevil wrote:Love going to Lynx lake. Good fishing. Also, the Sharlot Hall Museum is a must. I also recommend the Black Hole Beer Company. Much to see on Whiskey Row as well.
Thanks for the advice. I'd heard that Sharlot Hall is a good place to visit, so definitely putting that on my list. Going to check out the details on Lynx lake right now :)
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Mr.Zebra wrote:
UAdevil wrote:Love going to Lynx lake. Good fishing. Also, the Sharlot Hall Museum is a must. I also recommend the Black Hole Beer Company. Much to see on Whiskey Row as well.
Thanks for the advice. I'd heard that Sharlot Hall is a good place to visit, so definitely putting that on my list. Going to check out the details on Lynx lake right now :)
I posted a similar thread on the old board. Got a Lynx Lake recommendation and had a great time there.

I also combined Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary with the lake it sits by. Not sure how budget conscious you are, but it is a smaller, less crowded zoo that has some interesting animals if your family is into that.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Also the most incredibly dry zoo I've ever been too. Some sad-looking animals there.

Watson Lake is nice for boating though.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

catgrad97 wrote:Also the most incredibly dry zoo I've ever been too. Some sad-looking animals there.

Watson Lake is nice for boating though.
I didn't think it was that bad. Didn't see any pacing in patterns, which is a big sign the animals are unhappy. There was a wallaby that looked like he'd suffered a traumatic brain injury and some goats that got really hostile towards my wife, but on the whole, it didn't strike me as that bad.

Watson Lake had a rocky area that was some fun hiking/bouldering.