Weekend getaway

If you stayed, ate, or excursioned say it here.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Weekend getaway

Post by azgreg »

Me and the wife are trying to plan a weekend getaway in the next couple of months. Just the two of us to get away from the boys for a few days. All we're looking to do is find a cheap flight to some city and just explore it for a few days. Right now on the top of the list is Portland.
scumdevils86

Re: Weekend getaway

Post by scumdevils86 »

I was going to suggest portland or denver. flights are super cheap on southwest to denver from phoenix especially. and you can get some pretty nice vrbo/rental properties for $100 a night or around that for a small place.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86 wrote:I was going to suggest portland or denver. flights are super cheap on southwest to denver from phoenix especially. and you can get some pretty nice vrbo/rental properties for $100 a night or around that for a small place.
We'rent you just in Portland not long ago? Denver would be good, but we've been there before. We've never been to Portland past the age of 10.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

azgreg wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:I was going to suggest portland or denver. flights are super cheap on southwest to denver from phoenix especially. and you can get some pretty nice vrbo/rental properties for $100 a night or around that for a small place.
We'rent you just in Portland not long ago? Denver would be good, but we've been there before. We've never been to Portland past the age of 10.
Yep! well to be honest we only spent about 5-6 hours in Denver on the day we flew in and the day we flew out but I would definitely recommend it. We spent our time on the coast between Tillamook and Astoria mostly.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Can't say enough about Portland/Oregon coast where scum was (Astoria/tillamook).

Check out alleigiant out of Williams gateway, they have super cheap flights to some pretty cool locales.
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

This is so funny. My girlfriend and I did an escape to Denver for 2 days, 1 night. Landed in Denver at 9:30am on Saturday and took off at 7:45pm on Sunday night. We stayed right at the new Westin at the Denver airport and took the train into downtown Union Station (only 37 minutes). I actually planned the trip b/c I wanted to stay at the new hotel. It was the perfect escape. Even better, I think that Portland is up next!!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Away from kids...Go somewhere where you are going to get snowed in and the the only way to stay warm is under the covers. ;)
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Eloy
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We just became empty nesters and took our first getaway without kids (for a week) to Napa. Flew in to Sacramento, pretty cheap flights. Also managed to get to Yosemite, Tahoe, and some time in San Francisco as well.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

If you're in Tucson Bisbee would be a place to go.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

How is Chicago in May? I'm told I can get a flight on Frontier for about $100.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I've been reading up on these Shanghai tunnels in Portland. Fascinating stuff.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:How is Chicago in May? I'm told I can get a flight on Frontier for about $100.
Awesome. Perfect time to come.

I'm on the Bourbon Trail this weekend. Nashville to Louisville and back. So fucking pumped.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Turns out my wife really wants to go to Cancun.