Pittsburgh

If you stayed, ate, or excursioned say it here.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Coop Cat

Pittsburgh

Post by Coop Cat »

Heading to Pittsburgh next month. Already have things on the agenda such as Steelers game, Pirates game, Falling Water, Primanti Bros. Looking for other recommendations on things including restaurants & bars.
Alieberman

Re: Pittsburgh

Post by Alieberman »

I don't have any recommendations as I've only been to Pittsburgh once, several years ago, but I do remember not looking forward to my trip because I kind of pictured Pittsburgh to be sort of like Detroit (No offense Detroiters!) but I was totally shocked on how awesome Pittsburgh was. Clean vibrant city, filled with lots of good bars and young good looking people! I went to a Pirates game 1 night and just had a blast. The people there were fantastic and that was when the Pirates were absolutely dreadful.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Pittsburgh is a pretty cool city. I liked the museum at the fort in the middle of the three rivers junction. The museum is a little light on artifacts, but the displays are great if you have the time to read them. I learned a lot about colonial time history, along with indian and French history of the area.

Every sandwich I ate in Pittsburgh was the best sandwich I've had in my life. Yuengling beer is generally very good, but varies a little as it is sometimes flat.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
97cats

Post by 97cats »

my entire family is from Pittsburgh

on my moms side Irish/German and on my dads side Italian immigrants from the early 1900’s.

19 aunts and uncles

love Pittsburgh
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

The trip was pretty damn good. Great sports, great food, lots of walking, did everything that we wanted to do. Will need to got back for a Penguins game for sure.