Just got back from Croatia and Greece

If you stayed, ate, or excursioned say it here.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dcZONAfan

Just got back from Croatia and Greece

Post by dcZONAfan »

Fuck guys, incredible. All I can say.

Cousin got married in Split, in the cathedral at Diocletian's Palace, no less, then we spent 14 hours on a boat for the reception stopping at Hvar along the way, swimming in an incredibly beautiful cove. Croatia is a top 5 country for me since I moved to Europe, so if you haven't been put it HIGH up on your list of countries to visit.

Also added Santorini and Crete on to the trip at the last minute to meet some friends, and Santorini lived up to all the hype and Crete wasn't too bad either (went to Elafonissi beach and it was the most incredible beach I've ever seen).

Hope you fuckers are getting some international travel in and, if you aren't but would like to, never hesitate to PM me for Europe ideas
CalStateTempe

Re: Just got back from Croatia and Greece

Post by CalStateTempe »

Clutch post dude, would read again.

Sounds like an awesome time.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Would love to go to all those places... but sadly don't have the extra thousands to tens of thousands of dollars.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

dcZONAfan wrote:Fuck guys, incredible. All I can say.

Also added Santorini and Crete on to the trip at the last minute to meet some friends, and Santorini lived up to all the hype and Crete wasn't too bad either (went to Elafonissi beach and it was the most incredible beach I've ever seen).

Hope you fuckers are getting some international travel in and, if you aren't but would like to, never hesitate to PM me for Europe ideas
I just booked 6 days in Santorini for spring break. Got a cheap flight from Dubai, thankfully, as the hotels are expensive as hell. Any recommendations? Should I take any ferries to other islands? I’m mostly there to relax, not really looking to do the Bataan Death March vacation approach.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:Fuck guys, incredible. All I can say.

I just booked 6 days in Santorini for spring break. Got a cheap flight from Dubai, thankfully, as the hotels are expensive as hell. Any recommendations? Should I take any ferries to other islands? I’m mostly there to relax, not really looking to do the Bataan Death March vacation approach.
Naxos is great. It’s a place Greeks go, unlike Mykonos. And Paros is a great day visit from there. You’ll be close to Crete, which is amazing as long as you avoid Knossos. The food in Crete is out of this world. All that said, I’m always inclined to hunker down and go deep and instead of spreading thin and wide. You won’t see anything as visually impressive as Thera. A trip to Akroteri on the other side of the island really isn’t necessary unless you just have to see it for some specific reason. It’s all covered under a projective roof, so it doesn’t have that je ne sais quoi. Unless, of course, you’re French.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Oh that’s great! Yeah,I’ll probably bunker down. I like to be out on the water in boats, so that would be the main reason if decide to do a day trip to another island. Should be fun. I’m sure I’ll be the only single person on the entire island and I’ll spend half my time explaining that yes, in fact I am alone. But screw it, why should only the honeymooners have all the fun?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Since I'm there for work instead of vacation, I'm often alone in Greece. And they do say, "Tell me something. Why are you alone?"

The one thing to be careful of is dinner out. When you ask for the check, they say yes, and bring it an hour later, even if you keep asking. It's part of the culture of giving the diners a chance to smoke and engage in deeper conversation. It's so ingrained that they don't understand they shouldn't do the same in the unfamiliar circumstance when somebody like me sitting alone in a pile of silence, and just wants to get the fuck out of there. So have the big meal out at lunch, when they let everyone eat and leave to get back to work. Make dinner gyros time.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Aha, so basically Euro Plus treatment. :lol:

I’ll keep that in mind. And revel in the fact that the only people more uncomfortable than me in my pile of silence will be the people around me in their concern over my solitude.