Nicaragua

If you stayed, ate, or excursioned say it here.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

SCCats

Nicaragua

Post by SCCats »

If anyone has some Nicaragua hints now’s the time (11 days)
ASUHATER!

Re: Nicaragua

Post by ASUHATER! »

Sadly not there, only Honduras hints. Dad lives there now
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

I remember you mentioning that. What part of the country did he end up at?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

He's on Utila, little island off the coast of La Ceiba. About half done building his little beach house down there.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

SCCats wrote:If anyone has some Nicaragua hints now’s the time (11 days)
Do me a favor while you're down there and see if you can get a sense of what remains of the Sandanista spirit. In the early to mid '80s two dear friends of mine were captivated by that genesis and went down there to participate and contribute. I'd be keen to know if to the common Nicaraguan Ortega is still inspirational or if time has done as it usually does to revolution and revolutionaries and made them into a version of the thing against which they emerged. Any of your impressions would be appreciated.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
Do me a favor while you're down there and see if you can get a sense of what remains of the Sandanista spirit. In the early to mid '80s two dear friends of mine were captivated by that genesis and went down there to participate and contribute. I'd be keen to know if to the common Nicaraguan Ortega is still inspirational or if time has done as it usually does to revolution and revolutionaries and made them into a version of the thing against which they emerged. Any of your impressions would be appreciated.
You know what’s happened down here over the last 18ish months, yes?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

SCCats wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:
You know what’s happened down here over the last 18ish months, yes?
I've known of the generalities of earlier unrest (five or so years ago), and just reviewed the specifics of the last 18 months. It's much worse than I remembered. Makes me wonder how I looked past it. Makes me feel old and sad.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I was in the early planning stages of a trip there and have heard that Nicaragua is what Costa Rica was 30 years ago. Sounded good to me, but the recent unrest there spooked me.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion