If you ever find yourself in…

If you stayed, ate, or excursioned say it here.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

If you ever find yourself in…

Post by Chicat »

Terre Haute, Indiana . . . there must be a local ordinance prohibiting locally-owned, non-chain restaurants, so do yourself a favor and belly up to the bar at the Outback Steakhouse. The locals will pointedly ignore you so you can quietly get blasted on fine top shelf liquors like Maker’s Mark. Enjoy!!!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Re: If you ever find yourself in…

Post by Longhorned »

I was wondering about that. I've been stuck in Terre Haute countless times when hungry for lunch. The last time I ended up at McDonalds where some kid rebelled against his grandparents by sticking his finger into his mouth and vomiting all over the table. I was never hungry in Terre Haute again after that.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Next time try the Cracker Barrel. They serve a very mediocre breakfast all day!

So I was pretty drunk when I started this thread but I think my intention was for anyone who either visits or lives in the far flung reaches of this great nation (the Terre Hautes, Wickenburgs, Bangors, or any of the Springfields - ie the “Real America”) to share any hidden gems that will make your time there a little less painful. Unfortunately, Terre Haute had none. I literally could not find one non-corporate restaurant outside of a diner that wasn’t open for dinner and a Chinese takeout place that looked like a rats paradise.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

There was a sports bar in Casa Grande that had probably the best wings I've ever had in my life. Not sure if they're still there. Also, there was an above average Cuban restaurant in Casa Grande but I know it's now defunct. I do like the idea of this thread though.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Ah yes there is a small little winery tasting space in Cottonwood that had a great charcuterie board and wine tasting experience. It was cheap and (as you'd imagine) unpretentious but very good. I was shocked I was in Cottonwood. There's also a nice little French style bakery.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:28 pm Terre Haute, Indiana . . . there must be a local ordinance prohibiting locally-owned, non-chain restaurants, so do yourself a favor and belly up to the bar at the Outback Steakhouse. The locals will pointedly ignore you so you can quietly get blasted on fine top shelf liquors like Maker’s Mark. Enjoy!!!

I remember this poster from the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology they gave out at the college fair when I was a senior.
My roommate in El Paso in the late 80's was an alum.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion