Places to stay/eat near the Greek Theater

If you stayed, ate, or excursioned say it here.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Places to stay/eat near the Greek Theater

Post by UAdevil »

I'm hitting a concert in LA in September (Porcupine Tree) at the Greek. Any recommendations on places to stay, dine, as well as navigating the Greek itself. Never been to the venue. Stoked.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UAEebs86

Re: Places to stay/eat near the Greek Theater

Post by UAEebs86 »

We just moved my daughter/SIL into an apartment near Wilshire/La Brea which is about 7 miles south of The Greek. We didn't do much fine dining, but we did go to the Bob's Big Boy in Burbank for nostalgia's sake which is a little bit north of The Greek.

For something to do we went down to museum row just down the street. La Brea Tar Pit Museum, LACMA (LA County Museum of Art), Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, Japanese Art Pavilion, etc. are all in that area.

I hadn't been to that part of LA in ages and I forgot how narrow the lanes are on all the roads, and how the right lane sometimes is used for travel and sometimes parking is allowed. Makes driving an adventure.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
EastCoastCat

Re: Places to stay/eat near the Greek Theater

Post by EastCoastCat »

It’s Griffith Park so you are near both Hollywood and the Valley Burbank/Glendale.

You will be driving so you can stay and eat just about anywhere depending on your budget. Maybe Wilshire district to also give you closer access to West LA/Santa Monica and such.