ASU Loses Two Starting Pitchers For The Season

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

TheCatInTheHat

ASU Loses Two Starting Pitchers For The Season

Post by TheCatInTheHat »

They started the season with Cooper Benson, Tyler Thompson, and Erik Tolman as their 1-2-3 starters. They got two starts out of Benson, and three out of Tolman, and now they're both gone for the season, along with Boyd VanderKooi (who hasn't pitched this season), with Tommy John surgery. They've got a fairly deep staff, and it hasn't seemed to have hurt them too much to date, but other than what looks to be a somewhat down (4-10) Cal State Fullerton, they haven't really played anybody yet, either. It'll be interesting to see how the losses impact them as the season wears on with the Oregons, Stanford, UCLA, and our team. Nobody's gone for an excessive number of innings, but three TJ surgeries on a college team makes you wonder a little bit about the off-season regimen.
azcat49

Re: ASU Loses Two Starting Pitchers For The Season

Post by azcat49 »

That is a tough break and agreed, it appears to be program driven. I am so happy we have Yesky. I think we will continue to upgrade our staff each year. Right now we have 4 good starting arms and Flanagan, Vanelle are great in middle/long relief. And Preston Price has been lights out
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion