2025 Season Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

2025 Season Thread

Post by Chicat »

For those that don’t want to click…
Baseball isn’t a driver of realignment, but the old Big 12 playing at just nine teams and losing its most prestigious program was going to deal a blow to its competitive strength.

For fans of quality baseball programs that legitimately try to invest in winning, the additions of Arizona and Arizona State are pretty massive.

Arizona:
✅ Stadium capacity is 9,500
✅ 4x National Champions
✅ 18 College World Series appearances
✅ Ninth most wins all-time
✅ Eighth best all-time win percentage

Arizona State:
✅ Stadium capacity is 8,775
✅ 5x National Champions
✅ 22 College World Series appearances
✅ More players in MLB than any other school

These are extremely welcome additions to the Big 12. Combine these programs with Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, and TCU and that’s a pretty sturdy top of the conference that should keep strength of schedule and national perception strong. West Virginia looks to have momentum as a program, Baylor is capable, and UCF has tons of potential if they invest in baseball. LFG
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat49

Re: 2025 Season Thread

Post by azcat49 »

Cats picked to finish 9th out of 11 teams in the last PAC go around. This is unacceptable IMO. I guess we had warnings about the Chipster so I wonder how long the new AD will stomach mediocrity
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

According to this thread title are we just skipping the 2024 season? I guess with that prediction might as well...
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

azcat49 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:30 pm Cats picked to finish 9th out of 11 teams in the last PAC go around. This is unacceptable IMO. I guess we had warnings about the Chipster so I wonder how long the new AD will stomach mediocrity
This team is not finishing in 9th and Chip is not going to be fired after this year. Maybe Willie Bloomquist will get fired since asu's players are not producing like they were expected.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

His pitching coach has been nails. He’s gotta be assistant coach of the year.

Prolly saved Chips ass.