Coach Candrea

Post by azgreg »

84Cat

Re: Coach Candrea

Post by 84Cat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Coach, I hear what you’re saying but dude... phrasing...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Was thinking this morning, if Candrea decides to step down and they decide to hire within (former player), here is my top-4:
1)Stacy Iveson- this is of course if she still wants to coach. She has the most experience and won championships at Pima and Yavapai.
2)Kristie Fox-she was named Mountain West Coach of the Year this season.
3)Caitlan Lowe-she has been with Candrea as a coach for 9 seasons. I think whoever takes over will probably be a former offensive player, which is why I have her over Taryne.
4)Taryne Mowatt-in my opinion she would be the long shot of this group.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
BetaCat

Post by BetaCat »

Irish27 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:04 am Was thinking this morning, if Candrea decides to step down and they decide to hire within (former player), here is my top-4:
1)Stacy Iveson- this is of course if she still wants to coach. She has the most experience and won championships at Pima and Yavapai.
2)Kristie Fox-she was named Mountain West Coach of the Year this season.
3)Caitlan Lowe-she has been with Candrea as a coach for 9 seasons. I think whoever takes over will probably be a former offensive player, which is why I have her over Taryne.
4)Taryne Mowatt-in my opinion she would be the long shot of this group.
I’m guessing Coach has a pretty good idea himself who would be the best fit. If he’s had enough of coaching and wants to retire, I wish him well. Although I always wonder what recruits who signed up to play for a legend think about him stepping away.
ekat

Post by ekat »

I honestly think he’s too excited about his freshmen to walk away yet.

Never, ever discount the probability that Robbins will hire exactly the person that Robbins wants, even if it makes absolutely no sense. Candrea’s opinion will be meaningless, much like Tomey’s endorsement of Ken N from Navy was meaningless.

In a perfect world, Candrea sticks around at least one more year to ride past when Robbins’ contract runs out and hopefully isn’t renewed.
BetaCat

Post by BetaCat »

ekat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:32 pm I honestly think he’s too excited about his freshmen to walk away yet.

Never, ever discount the probability that Robbins will hire exactly the person that Robbins wants, even if it makes absolutely no sense. Candrea’s opinion will be meaningless, much like Tomey’s endorsement of Ken N from Navy was meaningless.

In a perfect world, Candrea sticks around at least one more year to ride past when Robbins’ contract runs out and hopefully isn’t renewed.
I believe Candrea has one more year on his contract, so maybe (hopefully!) he lets it play out, even if it’s just one more year.
ekat

Post by ekat »

BetaCat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:45 pm
ekat wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:32 pm I honestly think he’s too excited about his freshmen to walk away yet.

I believe Candrea has one more year on his contract, so maybe (hopefully!) he lets it play out, even if it’s just one more year.
Listening to him talk about Carlie, and Giulia, and Janelle, and Ally, and the rest of the girls waiting patiently behind the super seniors, I have a hard time imagining him walking away. Especially when you hear him say how much he missed the practices, the planning, and everything else last year. He got a taste due to COVID and he’s said he hated the nothingness of last year. So, fingers crossed, he’s not done.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I wonder how much it would cost to rent a a plane to fly over Oklahoma City pulling a sign reading “Please stay Coach until we can figure out a way to remove Robbins & Heeke”
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I don't want to have to post: The Cats had a great softball coach, and then the UofA President got involved.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Pretty amazing just how much he's changed the game.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

36(?) years in the state retirement system is very tempting to retire.
ekat

Post by ekat »

I cannot, to save my life, post a tweet properly, But the U of A just announced Coach Candrea’s retirement. I’m pretty sad, and extremely nervous that the next coach is coming out of Robbins’ File of former patients.

https://twitter.com/ArizonaSoftball/sta ... 5844381696
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ekat wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:09 am I cannot, to save my life, post a tweet properly, But the U of A just announced Coach Candrea’s retirement. I’m pretty sad, and extremely nervous that the next coach is coming out of Robbins’ File of former patients.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ekat wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:09 am I cannot, to save my life, post a tweet properly, But the U of A just announced Coach Candrea’s retirement. I’m pretty sad, and extremely nervous that the next coach is coming out of Robbins’ File of former patients.

When you copy and post the link erase everything from the ? and on.