Official Bracketology Thread

The Cats are on the rise under the leadership of Adia Barnes!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

AZCatGirl

Re: Official Bracketology Thread

Post by AZCatGirl »

Siempre Verde wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:35 pm So happy for the magnificent 7. I’m the only one at Trident 3 who knows.
Hope you cheered loud and made everyone notice.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

AZCatGirl wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:36 pm
Siempre Verde wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:35 pm So happy for the magnificent 7. I’m the only one at Trident 3 who knows.
Hope you cheered loud and made everyone notice.
I did say yes really loudly, but I could have just been excited about my 805, I guess. The guy next to me cared. The bartender looked at me like I had 7 eyes. I’d love to go full lungs so they’d all know, but I have to drive home.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Glad for the girls and especially Adia. This could be Adia's best coaching on and off the court. Things were not going well but Adia got the girls to believe and getting an invite to the Big Dance is the award.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Irish27 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:49 pm Glad for the girls and especially Adia. This could be Adia's best coaching on and off the court. Things were not going well but Adia got the girls to believe and getting an invite to the Big Dance is the award.
Irish, big respect to you because I know you to be a real fan, but could we call them women, please? I doubt you call the guys, boys. Thank you.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Siempre Verde wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:14 pm
Irish27 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:49 pm Glad for the girls and especially Adia. This could be Adia's best coaching on and off the court. Things were not going well but Adia got the girls to believe and getting an invite to the Big Dance is the award.
Irish, big respect to you because I know you to be a real fan, but could we call them women, please? I doubt you call the guys, boys. Thank you.
Ladies is a good alternative as well.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I agree with this sentiment but I also feel like I hear many female college coaches call their players "girls" as well. I've always found that odd.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Looks like we'll be playing Thursday at 4pm Tucson time. Busy day!
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Alieberman wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:51 pm I agree with this sentiment but I also feel like I hear many female college coaches call their players "girls" as well. I've always found that odd.
File that under, we can go there. You can’t? My Jewish late husband could say a lot of stuff, I never will.
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

AZCatGirl wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:35 pm
Ladies is a good alternative as well.
This works! I just find men calling women, girls, to be a smidge demeaning. Again, no offense. That anyone cares about women’s basketball is a plus.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Siempre Verde wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:18 pm
Alieberman wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:51 pm I agree with this sentiment but I also feel like I hear many female college coaches call their players "girls" as well. I've always found that odd.
File that under, we can go there. You can’t? My Jewish late husband could say a lot of stuff, I never will.
Agree!
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Sorry, I meant no disrespect to the players.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Sometimes, even you guys have to admit that NYT isn't all bad!! :roll: :lol:
Women’s March Madness upset picks: Bracket Breakers chooses its 10 most likely first-round stunners

By Peter Keating and Jordan Brenner - Mar 18, 2024

We launched our search for Cinderellas in the women’s NCAA Tournament by developing basic power ratings for this year’s field of teams. With matchups now in hand, we can move on to projecting which teams have the best chance to dance toward a glass slipper in the first round.

We’ll note immediately that the limited parity increase described in our earlier piece has drastic implications for early-round upset chances. There’s more talent flowing into more programs in the women’s game than ever before. But there are still fewer than a dozen teams that can compete for a national title, and maybe another 15 beyond them that are strong enough to belong in the top half of brackets. And the gap between the giants and killers is still pretty vast on the women’s side.

10 most likely first-round upsets

1. No. 6 Syracuse Orange vs. No. 11 Arizona Wildcats

Upset chance: 57.4 percent*

*Arizona and Auburn play each other in a First Four game.
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

I mean crazy things happen this time of year. This group has shown they're as tough and resilient as any team out there. Let's see how far they can go!