Welcome Home Celebration

The Cats are on the rise under the leadership of Adia Barnes!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Welcome Home Celebration

Post by UAdevil »

:idea: https://arizonawildcats.com/news/2021/4 ... ation.aspx

We want to congratulate the team and welcome the Cats back to Tucson! We invite fans to Arizona Stadium to celebrate the team and show support tomorrow, Monday, April 5 at 11:15 a.m.

Event: Welcome Back Event
Date: Monday, April 5
Time: 11:15 a.m. MST | Gates Open at 10:00 a.m.
Entry Gates: Gate 2, Gate 3, Gate 4, and Gate 6 (See this map (PDF) for gate locations at Arizona Stadium)

Parking: Fans should park in South Stadium Garage or South of Sixth Street lots. We ask that all attendees arrive from the south to avoid congesting traffic at the University of Arizona's COVID-19 vaccination P.O.D. located on the University Mall between Cherry and Campbell.
Fan Attendance: Attendance will be limited to 15% capacity in Arizona Stadium
Seating: Fans will be expected to maintain proper social distancing measures throughout Arizona Stadium. Seating will be restricted to the East side of the stadium. Members of a family can be grouped together and must keep a 6 foot radius from other individuals.
Concessions: Concessions stands will not be open. Sealed non-alcoholic beverages and small snacks (granola bars, chips, etc.) will be permitted. Full meals, peanuts, sunflower seeds, and tobacco will not be permitted.
Bus Route: If fans do not wish to enter Arizona Stadium, fans may line up along the bus route to welcome the team buses back to campus. Final bus route will be released post-game tonight. Attendees will be required to follow all campus protocols including wearing masks and social distancing.
Live Stream: Can't make it to the event? The 'Welcome Back' event will be live streamed on the Arizona Athletics Facebook page.

This event is being hosted in coordination with the Pima County Health Department, the University of Arizona and Arizona Athletics. While in attendance at Arizona Stadium, all fans will be required to follow University of Arizona campus protocols as well as state and local health guidelines, which include but are not limited to:

Wearing a mask at all times
Successfully Completing the University of Arizona's Daily Wellness Check on the day of the event prior to arriving and showing completion to event staff before entering the facility. Additional Wellness Check assistance will be available at entry gates as needed.

To expedite entry, please limit bringing bags to the event. Fans will need to adhere to the Arizona Athletics clear bag policy
Sitting in the designated seating areas while maintaining social distancing at all times except for the use of restrooms

We request that all fans planning to attend, RSVP by clicking here so we can plan accordingly.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
84Cat

Re: Welcome Home Celebration

Post by 84Cat »

I just got an email that this has been pushed back to 12.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

84Cat wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:41 am I just got an email that this has been pushed back to 12.

Arizona Women's Basketball Welcome Back event in Arizona Stadium will begin at 12:00 p.m. (previously 11:15am) - gates will still open at 10am but team arrival will be delayed due to flight delay. Fans encouraged to arrive closer to 11-11:30am to limit time waiting in stadium and the projected heat today.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 am
84Cat wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:41 am I just got an email that this has been pushed back to 12.
Arizona Women's Basketball Welcome Back event in Arizona Stadium will begin at 12:00 p.m. (previously 11:15am) - gates will still open at 10am but team arrival will be delayed due to flight delay. Fans encouraged to arrive closer to 11-11:30am to limit time waiting in stadium and the projected heat today.
The Tucson weather clearly is not showing respect for the women's team. Yesterday was frigging stifling for early April.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Just got to my seat.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

T-shirts are nice
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Team taking the stage. Solid turnout.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

FUCK YEAH SAM IS COMING BACK!
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

AZCatGirl wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:19 pm FUCK YEAH SAM IS COMING BACK!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Awesome!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

i so wish i coulda been there
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

It was fun. I liked the community support. So happy the women's team is getting the same love after big accomplishments that the men's team has gotten historically. They fucking deserve it.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Excellent news!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So how many were there? Hopefully close to 5k which I guess would be the limit.

Got Sam back and hoping Trinity comes back. She was probably our third best shooter in the tournament
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

I don't get Sam coming back in this age of college sports, but am ecstatic to hear it. It is such a breath of fresh air seeing college athletes enjoy the college experience for a change. I know I wouldn't trade my college days for anything (though I was never in a position to see a $10M payday to leave early). If Trinity comes back we should be a really good team next year again with Pellington taking on a larger role. Aari is going to be impossible to replace but I have faith in Adia and the rest of this team that they can still be a top 15 team next year.
Last edited by gronk4heisman on Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

84Cat wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:20 pm
AZCatGirl wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:19 pm FUCK YEAH SAM IS COMING BACK!
Nice. That certainly helps with stable leadership and our 4th leading scorer back.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

azcat49 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:21 pm So how many were there? Hopefully close to 5k which I guess would be the limit.

Got Sam back and hoping Trinity comes back. She was probably our third best shooter in the tournament
I'd estimate about that. Maybe 30% of the student section full and a good 1000 folks in the shade in the 2nd level under the upper deck
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I'd like to see the video of their plane pulling up at the airport. I guess the FD was spraying it down with water?
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Carcassdragger wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:29 pm I'd like to see the video of their plane pulling up at the airport. I guess the FD was spraying it down with water?
Go to TIA Facebook page. They have a too short video of it.

Hard to tell how many folks were at the event to day because of the social distancing, but I loved seeing little kids in attendance. I just hope Trinity comes back, too.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Right on Greg. Thanks! I knew I could count on my brethren here.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion