Adia gets another raise

The Cats are on the rise under the leadership of Adia Barnes!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Irish27

Adia gets another raise

Post by Irish27 »

Good for her!
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Chicat

Re: Adia gets another raise

Post by Chicat »

Lifetime contract.

Fuck ABOR. Give it to her and make them give a reason why they decided it can’t happen.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

So less than half what CTL makes. Where does her salary rank among all the coaches? Hopefully we fill McKale next year and get the salaries even more equitable in the future.

Edit: Outdated but she would be the 3rd highest paid coach at UA. Good for her

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/2020/7/23 ... ler-sumlin

https://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/page/un ... ase-fy2020
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

$5.85M.

Lloyd gets $15.5 million for the same period and has not won a single basketball game.

Reminds me when Stoops was brought in making more than Lute, with no wins to his credit either.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I was nervous only because the grownups aren't in charge. But I'm feeling like the new fan base Adia built is only going to grow, and keep cycling back in the form of more pay and support. The love for her in Tucson is magical.
prh

Post by prh »

Well that's a very nice jump. Wonder if her agent had a quick chat with Baylor and then called Heeke up.

VERY well deserved for her. Want a lifetime contract for her
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

This is awesome news.
and yes
lifetime her right now
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Love Adia and I think she has helped restock the cabinet with transfers but I would caution any team with a transcending player on what life really looks like after her. Hope she can fill Lute's House in the coming year and help offset that salary. She has brought a truckload of recognition to the program and the school. This is a real inflection point in my view.

My fear is what is the baseball coach expecting with a top ten conference winning team. Make no mistake this guy has done a hell of a job too. Just don't know where the money is going to come from.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Well this is a happy surprise! Glad our university is finally doing something right.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Thought I would put this here since it's about Adia, https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... ll-rebuild
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Irish27 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:28 pm Thought I would put this here since it's about Adia, https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... ll-rebuild
The fist-fights were shocking. I mean wow wtf was going on during Butts tenure that that kind of shit was acceptable?! Just makes Adia's turnaround even more amazing.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Did not know where to put this post but because Adia is such a big social media person, I decided to post it here. She has done such a great job promoting the UofA.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

TheCat wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:07 pm Love Adia and I think she has helped restock the cabinet with transfers but I would caution any team with a transcending player on what life really looks like after her. Hope she can fill Lute's House in the coming year and help offset that salary. She has brought a truckload of recognition to the program and the school. This is a real inflection point in my view.

My fear is what is the baseball coach expecting with a top ten conference winning team. Make no mistake this guy has done a hell of a job too. Just don't know where the money is going to come from.
YEP. Saw a study once that says relative worth perception are stronger that actual pay. Compared janitor and office administrators when one got a raise and the other didn't. Half of the other group quit and they still made more than the other group and comparable to their peers in other organizations.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

So....with the football team losing to nau....can we just go ahead and give Adia another raise and a lifetime contract right now?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

The best UA sports team and it isn't even close.