Recruiting

The Cats are on the rise under the leadership of Adia Barnes!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Irish27

Re: Recruiting

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I don't care who you are, a team scoring 100+ points in WBB is pretty impressive.

Think Matt Muhlbach asked the question: "Is palming still a thing?". She will get called for that.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Adia going the Tommy Lloyd international route.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

AZCatGirl wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:27 pm Adia going the Tommy Lloyd international route.
She went this route before with mixed success. I feel this is the way she will need to go in the immediate future to have any shot of righting the ship as I would assume the word is out for high ranked domestic recruits and she will not be getting any of them anytime soon.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

gronk4heisman wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:12 am
AZCatGirl wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:27 pm Adia going the Tommy Lloyd international route.
She went this route before with mixed success. I feel this is the way she will need to go in the immediate future to have any shot of righting the ship as I would assume the word is out for high ranked domestic recruits and she will not be getting any of them anytime soon.
Well, this didn't age very well, eh?
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

pc in NM wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:35 pm
My comment? Did she land another high profile HS recruit that I missed?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

gronk4heisman wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:20 am
Highly ranked (27th in her class) domestic transfer Paulina Paris...
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

pc in NM wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:14 am
That is a transfer. My comment was specific to High School recruits, sorry if that was not clear. I expect rosters to be filled with lower level recruits, International and transfers looking for playing time. My point is the last few years where we got great recruiting classes only for them all to jump ship in various levels of dissatisfaction with the coach and program that it will take time and be a tough sell to get those high ranked HS recruits in the near future.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

gronk4heisman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:17 am
pc in NM wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:14 am
That is a transfer. My comment was specific to High School recruits, sorry if that was not clear. I expect rosters to be filled with lower level recruits, International and transfers looking for playing time. My point is the last few years where we got great recruiting classes only for them all to jump ship in various levels of dissatisfaction with the coach and program that it will take time and be a tough sell to get those high ranked HS recruits in the near future.
I recognize your distinction. Not sure I fully agree, especially since Gilbert's leaving actually improved team performance But, time will tell.

This transfer is "highly ranked", and only one year removed from HS

― Kinky Friedman
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

New transfer - from South Carolina.

Suspended for season for behavior "detrimental to the team"

A 6' 0" Forward

― Kinky Friedman
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

pc in NM wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:17 pm New transfer - from South Carolina.

Considering the player issues we've had this makes me a bit nervous...
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

AZCatGirl wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:56 pm
pc in NM wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:17 pm New transfer - from South Carolina.

Considering the player issues we've had this makes me a bit nervous...
I cannot fathom what sort of problem occurred that Dawn Staley wouldn’t/couldn’t deal with. I’ll hope for the best…
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

That would usually scare me too. I know Adia and Dawn are friends... I assume Adia talked to her about the specific issues?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:26 am That would usually scare me too. I know Adia and Dawn are friends... I assume Adia talked to her about the specific issues?
Adia has had success with transfers with "baggage" (e.g., Baptiste), and we know she demands compliance. I'm confident she can handle this one...

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hopefully WBB is better suited to the European game.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Merkin wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:09 pm
Hopefully WBB is better suited to the European game.
Helena Pueyo was my favorite player on this year's team!

― Kinky Friedman
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

From the frying pan into the fire!

― Kinky Friedman