This community

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Re: This community

Post by scumdevils86 »

Olsondogg wrote:I remember when you could hit max rep, wasn't it like some crazy number?
20k? Not sure
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

hahahahahhahha
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Olsondogg wrote:I remember when you could hit max rep, wasn't it like some crazy number?
IDK, it's been so long, I don't remember if we had max rep or not. I don't even remember most of the posters either. Only guy I remember is Winger for some reason. Can't even remember if I changed my name from the other site, I think I was qwertyus on TOS.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Pretty easy to hit max rep when you were a member of the Goazcat's Secret Rep Passing Club.

Now the first rule can be broken.

I was Dimwit on Cattracks and UASports.net, but more of a lurker those sites. Then Merkin, Minora, Muffley and BHanson over at Goazcats, to follow Ben, and leave TriangleAndToo at Cattracks. The pastor was just about the most annoying poster ever, even on the sports boards, and I had to leave. After Storey and Gershon wanted to put a premium forum in at Goazcats, I followed Ben again for a bit to PGU when it was owned by some accountant who ran PGU in his garage, but whose wife didn't like him paying Ben to write stories. Ben then left, and PGU was even a cartoonish site even before Ace bought it, and came back full time to Goazcats and even paid for premium for a bit.

Whatever happened to that pothead AAA (AllAboutAndre), the infamous "Don't tell me to sit down!" poster? Think Storey had some T shirts printed up and sold them for $5. I know he left Goazcats to go write for Ace at PGU, and became one of his minions. Only one I knew of that stayed. Ace being a twice convicted weed dealer might have had something to do with that.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

qwertyus wrote: Only guy I remember is Winger for some reason.
its cause hes a legend
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Winger lives on when you buy premium.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
mofo

Post by mofo »

Don't post much but follow along pretty closely, especially in times like these. I don't remember CatTracks but made my way somehow to GoAzCats in '05 I think and thought how ridiculous it was that I was spending as much time as I did on a message board. I still think that from time to time 13 years later (holy cow!) even though I'm used to it now. Some very knowledgeable posters here and I always appreciate the takes. Seems like every time I'm playing catch up and have something to contribute someone has already beat me to the punch, so you know they're good...

I guess I never paid much attention to it until this thread, but looking at the join dates from you all is pretty funny - the mass exodus from TOS with visions of conquering the world with a new site!

I don't know that I ever laughed harder on a message board than the Miller to NCST thread, or the one with Ivan Radenovic's lover with chin nuts - can't remember Ivan's lover's handle but he got his ass reamed (figuratively, at minimum) over his Ivan posts. I had to explain myself at work a few times from laughing so hard I had tears.

I pretty much stay on the BBall and Football threads so I'm sure there's plenty more epic threads, but man some were doosies!

Funny, I was in Tucson today visiting a jobsite and the topic of Miller came up with a small group of guys with mixed geographic/school backgrounds. 3 minutes into my rant on the ordeal when I realized they were all looking at me wide-eyed thinking like I was a little crazy. Realized it's more than a passion, it's an obsession.

Thanks for all the info and laughs over the years. If Olsondogg and Machina are holding hands and singing kumbaya now things are definitely eerie.

Why didn't Winger ever make it over here anyway?

EDIT: See Olsondogg beat me to it again
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

In the end the worst thing about GoAzCats going down for me was losing the epic Old School Basketball thread. Walk-On-Wildcat and DCCat, among others, really put some great, great articles, pics and links in that one. It took a great deal of work by many contributors. A lot of great history lost. Too bad.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

KaibabKat wrote:In the end the worst thing about GoAzCats going down for me was losing the epic Old School Basketball thread. Walk-On-Wildcat and DCCat, among others, really put some great, great articles, pics and links in that one. It took a great deal of work by many contributors. A lot of great history lost. Too bad.
theres no question about it, that was one of the greatest threads in Arizona Internet history
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Merkin wrote:Pretty easy to hit max rep when you were a member of the Goazcat's Secret Rep Passing Club.

Now the first rule can be broken.

I was Dimwit on Cattracks and UASports.net, but more of a lurker those sites. Then Merkin, Minora, Muffley and BHanson over at Goazcats, to follow Ben, and leave TriangleAndToo at Cattracks. The pastor was just about the most annoying poster ever, even on the sports boards, and I had to leave. After Storey and Gershon wanted to put a premium forum in at Goazcats, I followed Ben again for a bit to PGU when it was owned by some accountant who ran PGU in his garage, but whose wife didn't like him paying Ben to write stories. Ben then left, and PGU was even a cartoonish site even before Ace bought it, and came back full time to Goazcats and even paid for premium for a bit.

Whatever happened to that pothead AAA (AllAboutAndre), the infamous "Don't tell me to sit down!" poster? Think Storey had some T shirts printed up and sold them for $5. I know he left Goazcats to go write for Ace at PGU, and became one of his minions. Only one I knew of that stayed. Ace being a twice convicted weed dealer might have had something to do with that.
Max Rep was pretty easy to hit. Only took hits from the twins, RC97, and T-Bag. It usually came back pretty fast though.

I miss Auer telling us all that we really needed to only tip 10%
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Where’s asuhater been this week?
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Chin nuts was freaking hilarious.

Things more clutch than Bill Self was fantastic as well.

One of my personal favorite contributions was my thorough analysis on Oskey and that rapey vibe that damn creepy bear gives off.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Oski the Bear is the Potsie of NCAA mascots.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I love all you crazy assholes. You make me feel whole.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Few years ago I shared something that the board was debating and my buddy felt the urge to join. Created a handle and posted some stat to defend his opinion that immediately was noted as flawed by SHB and winger amongst others. He attempted a correction that was also flawed and more piled on.

He called me and was like “Fuck that noise. How do you do it?”
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Where’s asuhater been this week?
Been working harder than us :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:Few years ago I shared something that the board was debating and my buddy felt the urge to join. Created a handle and posted some stat to defend his opinion that immediately was noted as flawed by SHB and winger amongst others. He attempted a correction that was also flawed and more piled on.

My very first post on GoAZCats mentioned Miles Simon’s 0.0 GPA and Ben Hansen absolutely tore me a new one and threatened to ban me.

Good times...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Few years ago I shared something that the board was debating and my buddy felt the urge to join. Created a handle and posted some stat to defend his opinion that immediately was noted as flawed by SHB and winger amongst others. He attempted a correction that was also flawed and more piled on.

My very first post on GoAZCats mentioned Miles Simon’s 0.0 GPA and Ben Hansen absolutely tore me a new one and threatened to ban me.

Good times...
Lol

Side note, it was always interesting to hear how Simon and Terry did their homework.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Olsondogg wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Good times...
Lol

Side note, it was always interesting to hear how Simon and Terry did their homework.
Ivan was in a class I was TA for. Nice guy. Asked tons of questions and always in my office hours but his English wasn't the best. His papers, the best in the class.....was perfect English
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Ivan. Love that dude simply cause when he was cleared to play he immediately started putting up shots.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Olsondogg wrote:Ivan. Love that dude simply cause when he was cleared to play he immediately started putting up shots.
His game at Stanford his Sr year when he went off was something to behold
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Olsondogg wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Once we get through the currently unfolding developments, let's not forget to get back to that bidet issue.
Life changer. And I’m willing to be banned for defending my opinion.
I have a bidet, but I'll admit I've never used it. Don't even know exactly how. Afraid to ask how, honestly, or to "look it up".
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Once we get through the currently unfolding developments, let's not forget to get back to that bidet issue.
I have a bidet, but I'll admit I've never used it. Don't even know exactly how. Afraid to ask how, honestly, or to "look it up".
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

One day DC will try it. Then he won’t come out of bathroom
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
I've never used a bidet, but it seems simple. Squat, spread your cheeks and let the water do the work. Depending on the angle of your dangle, you may have to cup your junk to keep them free of splashback.

It seems low risk. The worst that seems like it could happen is you unclench and a little water sneaks in, but the bright side of that is you get a free enema.

But I'm tp only, so I don't really know.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: I'm legitimately worried that if this has a bad end, someone at work who doesn't know me well is going to say the wrong thing and I'll snap.

It almost happened when the FBI complaint dropped. A person I know at work and don't particularly like volunteered out of the blue "I always knew Miller was dirty." I barely stopped the rant about how college basketball recruiting actually is from coming out. I would have lost it on him too, "you know who Sam Gilbert is, mother****er?"

If this goes bad, I'm going to have to really watch myself.
My daughter's best friend's dad is an asshat. Just the stereotypical Florida guy, complete with the viewpoints. I got home Friday night from high school hoops over in west Phoenix, consumed the Miller thing all night, started to see cracks, and then bleary-eyed my way to the kids soccer game at 8:30 or some stupid time like that. He starts in on me immediately. I was just staring at him for a while like "you know me even a little bit and think I am up for shit talk about this?" It turns into a larger coded conversation about basketball in general, and how all NBA players travel, and it is fixed and not even a game, and some more coded notwhiteathletes talk, and I just snapped. Not like screaming/fighting...but I can kind of run someone over with words and facts and box people in when I get in this mode (years on message boards make us all really dangerous in the real world in debate), and I started dismantling the rule following of his precious (and, really, my precious) baseball, when Glavine got black + 6", or if you hit the spot it is a strike regardless of set up, or how for years no 2B/SS ever touched 2nd on a DP, since we are talking RULES, and that 2+1 step that NBA gets on a breakaway. He actually said the NBA is "fixed" because of player movement...a guy who worships a league with trade deadline dumps, 400% salary differences, etc.

Anyways, I just kept on him. He is used to ranting at me and me just smiling and maybe refuting something here and there. Here, he got the passionless debate but I will win me. He finally got up to leave (because of me?) and said something was fact under his breath about something , and I didn't even let that go, saying to him as he left "That is...an opinion."

I turn around and his very nice, awesome wife is looking at me with a slack jaw after hearing me run over him for 10+ minutes. Like "I wish I could do that". I just said "look...today is not the day for that shit" and went back to enjoying my daughter's soccer game.

I predict a lot of blood in Vegas
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chin nuts and Ivan

Basnight

Last edited by Merkin on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

:lol: :o

That was so long ago . . . god I’m old.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Lando05 wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Ivan. Love that dude simply cause when he was cleared to play he immediately started putting up shots.
was taht the 55 pointer?

I made some gif that showed all his stats that game, but lost it long ago. nothing fancy of coure, but i've never made another gif showing player stats :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Lando05 wrote:
was taht the 55 pointer?

I made some gif that showed all his stats that game, but lost it long ago. nothing fancy of coure, but i've never made another gif showing player stats :lol:
Yup overtime victory at Standford he had 37 pts 9 reb and 7 asst. He balled out that day.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Lando05 wrote:
was taht the 55 pointer?

Yup overtime victory at Standford he had 37 pts 9 reb and 7 asst. He balled out that day.
In re UofA

Post by In re UofA »

I read more than post because I have little to contribute, but this place is spectacular. Thanks to those who contribute. I know some from CatTracks and enjoy the banter and even going through the stages of grief with a great cast of characters.

ASU sucks.
Osborn

Post by Osborn »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
I've never used a bidet, but it seems simple. Squat, spread your cheeks and let the water do the work. Depending on the angle of your dangle, you may have to cup your junk to keep them free of splashback.

It seems low risk. The worst that seems like it could happen is you unclench and a little water sneaks in, but the bright side of that is you get a free enema.

But I'm tp only, so I don't really know.
okay. now that that's over, about this bidet...
Did/do you have to run a hot water line to the terlet? Is it cold for the first use? Is there a mixing valve?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Olsondogg wrote: If good things happen tomorrow the first thing I’m gonna do is call Machina a fucking asshole, I’m gonna post my political opinions ad nauseum in the basketball forum just so he can block me and flag my post.

Then we can return to normal.
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

If I learned anything over the past 6 days its do not mess with Arizona basketball unless you have your facts in order.

Regardless for what the future holds, the passion this fan base has for the University and Program truly makes me so proud to be a part of it. It is unrivaled on the west coast. While many hate the media nowadays, I do feel like fans have been given a greater voice through things like Twitter and these message boards. Sometimes that is not great but this incident showed how powerful it can be.

And thank you Jason Scheer. May you gain millions of subscribers. I am really happy to be posting here again as I am not sure what I would have done without this board since last Friday. I can not even imagine how many times I have checked it since then

And let it be known that I was the first ever poster on the Goazcats football board back when John Wackovic was our coach and Storey and Hansen would call me Johnny Optimist. I literally was talking to myself as I think everyone forget about our football program during those years. Made sense
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

Long time lurker, newbie-ish poster. I want to thank all of you for providing info and perspective during this mess. I was in Alaska for a long (long) weekend and had WiFi for only a few hours a day and believe you me, I was on here looking for any straw to grasp. I got logged off the site at some point and my password was written down in Tucson, so fortunately, none of you had to hear my drunken ramblings. Thanks, again, to you all!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Look, this is probably just the adrenaline and emotion of the press conference talking, but I love you guys.

I feel like I'm ready to smash through a wall like the Kool Aid man, and having this board to vent and talk is one more great thing for me. I'll deny a sappy post like this once I've come back to reality.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

97cats wrote:
Olsondogg wrote: If good things happen tomorrow the first thing I’m gonna do is call Machina a fucking asshole, I’m gonna post my political opinions ad nauseum in the basketball forum just so he can block me and flag my post.

Then we can return to normal.

Machina is an fucking asshole, so is trump...I’ll pm you for a beer in Vegas. I’m at the Monte Carlo.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I really need to see a photo of ODogg and Machina with their arms around each other looking lovingly into each other's eyes with the Vegas skyline in the background
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Alieberman wrote:I really need to see a photo of ODogg and Machina with their arms around each other looking lovingly into each other's eyes with the Vegas skyline in the background
A Brokeback Tavern moment.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Olsondogg wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Good times...
Lol

A friend of mine was in some BS pre-req class with Kadeem Carey, like the "History of Music" or something silly like that.

He told us that Kadeem was pretty obviously cheating off of him during the first test, and of course we told him that a real fan would not only let it happen but help KaDeem cheat more effectively!

Wasn't a very good cheater, it seems. Or they had two versions of the test. My friend made no attempt to make it hard to cheat off him, but while he got 95%'s, Kadeem got D's...
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I clearly stated I would buy him a beer. In fact I made a point of saying I would not stay to drink with him. Considering we have gotten all lawyer-ey and shit lately.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

azgreg wrote:
Alieberman wrote:I really need to see a photo of ODogg and Machina with their arms around each other looking lovingly into each other's eyes with the Vegas skyline in the background
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Olsondogg wrote:I clearly stated I would buy him a beer. In fact I made a point of saying I would not stay to drink with him. Considering we have gotten all lawyer-ey and shit lately.
Ah come on... you guys can't let bygones be bygones? I want something positive to come from this week!
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Alieberman wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:I clearly stated I would buy him a beer. In fact I made a point of saying I would not stay to drink with him. Considering we have gotten all lawyer-ey and shit lately.
Ah come on... you guys can't let bygones be bygones? I want something positive to come from this week!
Olsondogg-Machina sextape when?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

azgreg wrote:
Fuck all of you this is really funny

Serious note I realize I have different opinions on certain things but was kinda a dick about it. Free Miller and Free Zo and my bad on the past. Hope we can move forward on good terms with the hatchet under ground. And FUCK ESPN
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

qwertyus wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
Who's the pitcher and who's the catcher?
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

azgreg wrote:
qwertyus wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
Who's the pitcher and who's the catcher?
Who cares?

As long as it's filmed horizontally, not vertically. Stupid kids these days. Can't handle a cameraphone...
Last edited by qwertyus on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.