Xavier fans feeling confident

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dirtbags

Re: Xavier fans feeling confident

Post by dirtbags »

Olsondogg wrote:Kevin Parrom told a story about the buick vs. lexus. when he decommitted from Xavier and went with Miller to Arizona. Google it.
not saying that the buick/lexus story didn't happen, but when you see X fans posting stuff like this to subvert the car comparison, they're trying to make it about the stain's ride
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

I have a hard time feeling any animosity for this fanbase....even with their, righteous, butthurt feelings......In the end, no matter how we justify it, we 'stole' (ok, that's how the game is played ;-)) their AWESOME (and future HOF'er, although too early to be saying this) Coach.

We would feel the same, or even worse, if UK or some blue blood did that to us.

Having said this I want to 'Crush Xavier, see them driven before me and hear the lamentations of their women!!!' Man, does this quote tell you my age bracket or what? Lol.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I watched the Xavier - Providence game from late Feb. last night. Xavier's got some talent, but they played a little out of control, at least in that game. Lots of turnovers from lazy passes. TJ and Stanley could have a feast if they play that way against us.

That being said, it was just one game, and despite the TO's and otherwise sloppy play, Xavier was the better team for 80% of the game. X's point guard, Dee Davis, is pretty good at 6 apg with > 2:1 A:TO, so maybe the sloppiness was uncharacteristic.

Xavier's got some good bigs between Boobs Stainbrook and Blackeye Reynolds. Stainbrook doesn't do a lot from more than about six feet out, but he establiushes position inside six feet a lot. Nova's undersized compared to UA, but Stainbrook is crafty, and I'm sure he'll be able to do the same occasionally against us. Reynolds is a really good looking player. He's averaging 10 and six, but from watching that one game I'd have thought he was a 20-10 guy. Big, muscular, and quick with some nice moves around the rim as well. Hard to tell from Nova is he's any good defensively.

I didn't really focus on Bluiett, but he's obviously a threat.

Speaking of defense, Xavier was shifting between man and zone that night. I don't know why you would choose to zone a team like Nova, but it seemed to work. I noticed Nova's shooters getting more free when X was in man coverage, so maybe X was playing a zone scheme I'm not familiar with. No expert here. I think we should expect X to be in mostly zone against us because that's what the textbook says to do and because they're comfortable playing it.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
gumby

Post by gumby »

catgrad97 wrote:
gumby wrote:Q&A with Coach Mack. A lot of insights into Sean Miller.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/xaviers ... /70393490/

Interesting, that he doesn't go to the Final Four.
CM: Sean, he tends not to go to the Final Four, and I always take my family and walk around Bracketville and let them go on the slides and shoot baskets and stuff, but Sean becomes a hermit crab when the season's over. So I don't think we've seen each other outside of the season. I know my kids haven't.

You two have very different personalities ...

CM: Yeah, I'm pretty cool, and he's not.
Ha! He has a good sense of humor.
Have you talked to him since you both reached the Sweet 16?

CM: We texted last night. And it was just a congratulatory text. As he said in his text: 'Looking forward to seeing the real C-Mack and your kids this weekend.' So he's talking about Christi. He couldn't care less about seeing me.
Maybe I'm taking those quotes out of context, but Mack seems
to be trying a bit too hard to be a dick.
Good-natured ribbing.
Right where I want to be.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Here's a post from a game named Snipe on their board. love the enthusiasm.
TONIGHT WE RIDE!!!

Man it seems like weeks have past since the best shooting performance of the last 15 years of NCAA Tournament history.

I have been chomping at the bit for this one every since Saturday Night. I can't wait any longer.

Might as well bring out all of the old tropes. I do it for the children.

A SEASON IS A LIFETIME

Skip used to say that "a season is a lifetime". Looking back at this year and how these young men have grown together I can't think of anything more appropriate. We had plenty of close games we couldn't close out and some real overtime meltdowns. We had glimpses of brilliance too. There were times when I thought Jesus this team is talented, and we could be anyone in the nation. I remember the thrashing of Butler at the Gardens.

All year I kept on biding time and believing that when we come together this team could be fantastic. And it happened, and we are fantastic. I am proud of these kids.

This is our 10th ranked team on the docket this year. So far we are undefeated against every ranked team not named Villanova. We played a schedule with the toughest SOS rating I think in our school history. Are we afraid of some West Coast team? Hell no, all those teams out there are soft. They have no idea what is coming. Sean Miller is about to get punched in the raccoon face of his.

DMFD

Dee Davis is playing his best basketball of his Xavier career at just the right time. He won us the Crosstown Shootout. He has come up big in both the Big East and NCAA Tournaments. We have a senior point guard that knows his next game may be his last, and he is leaving it all on the floor.

I think this is the first season that DMFD has not been knocked out of a few games with the wear and tear of playing our schedule. He was never the biggest or most physical guy, and he was always sacrificing his body for the team. I think part of the reason is surely the heart of a senior, but a big part must be his conditioning. He did what he had to do so that he could keep his body out on the floor.

Stain has come to play too down the stretch. They have emerged as leaders and continued a very proud tradition at Xavier where Seniors come to play. I can't get enough of watching these guys right now. When we make the Final Four Saturday night they will become Xavier legends, forever enshrined in the legend and lore of Xavier University. It is going to happen.

Senior leadership has been crucial for our run, but a long and deep cast of characters make us a team people should fear.

We all knew that the future is bright, and we would make it back to the Sweet 16, but it didn't always seem like it would be this year. Now it looks like the fun could never end. We put in two Sophomores off the bench in the last game and combined they scored almost 40 points. Our leading scorer is a Freshman. JP Macura is starting to really show his talent.

Reynolds is our best pro-prospect, and he comes off the bench. Myles Davis shooting in the last game devastated our opponent. JP Marcura over his last 11 games is shooting 52% from three point range. Think about that, he struggles to get playing time, even though he effectively fronts our vaunted 1-3-1 zone, and plays exceptionally well. That kid is going to be a player.

Our inside game is awesome with Stain, Manimal, and Farr. We have plenty of size and plenty of inside scoring. We can play teams on the run or in the half court.

The Arsenal of Democracy

Speaking of when we are on the run, nobody on this team finishes a break like Remy Abell. He takes it right to the rack and puts it in, and if you are foolish enough to try and stop it all you get is a whistle. Remy also likes to D it up like a boss. He leads the team in three point field goal percentage for the year. If we have an unsung hero, his name is Remy Abell. Kid is a stud and I am proud to call him a Muskie.

I love our big guys and I endorse the inside-out approach in the half court sets. It is our bread and butter. Part of what makes it effective is the passing of our interior players, and the success of our perimeter players is putting the ball in the basket. And we can put the ball in the basket.

I don't want to just beat them, I would like to destroy them and humble them for ever. They won't play us during the regular season, so this is the chance to make it count. We are going to own them. To do that we need to hit threes. I am confident that we will. Remy Abell leads the team in 3 pt fg %. Stud. Myles Davis is coming off a game where he hit a career high 5 three pointers in just 8 attempts. That is wicked good. Looks like he decided to start being an upperclassman a bit early. Kid has onions. Trevon Bluiett has been getting it done all year, which is tough for a frosh. He is mature beyond his years. I think he is poised to have his first breakout game in the Tournament against Arizona. Also the aforementioned DMFD, who has found his deep stroke late in his senior season.

And if those guys aren't enough, we still have other weapons behind the arc. Like I said before, JP is shooting 52% from three in his last 11 games. I want that kid shooting. Even James Farr, who started out the season with a wilting percentage on three pointers has hit 4 of his last 6 three pointers in the last 7 games. These kids have found their stroke at just the right time. Our game plan against Zona's bigs isn't to have Big Man James Farr standing 21 feet out chucking threes, that is obvious. But if the kid finds himself open, he needs to stroke it. Same with JP. If he is open, nail it.

I want a game where all these guys hit a three. I want to be the only thing that can make it rain in drought ridden California.

Our Manifest Destiny of Greatness

I think this team is special, and we have a very unique opportunity. Yes we will be great in the future, but the future is now. Along with all this young talent is a Senior PG playing his best ball and a Senior Center patrolling the paint and giving them fits. Go ahead and double team him, we will punish you from the outside. His passing alone keeps opposing coaches up at night. Add to those seniors the bevy of young talent, peaking at just the right time and you get the Final Four.

SMELL THE GLOVE BYTCHES!!

We are going to Indy gentlemen, and I will host a pregame rally at Brads Brass Flamingo, where dancing is a full contact sport.

This is a team of destiny. I can't see any other way around it. It is going to be legendary. I don't want to just beat them, I want to humiliate them. I want them to never be able to look at a basketball the same way again. Sean Miller isn't going to get his first Final Four in his Lexus. If he wants to attend the Final Four he is going to have to buy a ticket. We got a new sheriff in town, and Chris Mack will be driving Sean's old Buick to a place that Sean Miller has never been.

And it couldn't happen to a better man. Judas. The Desert Raccoon sold us out for his 30 pieces of silver. Sean Miller, Ye cannot serve both God and Mammon. No servant can serve two masters. You made your choice chasing that coin like the pudgy little whore that you are. And like a good whore, now you get to lay back and enjoy the consequences of your actions. Sean Miller, today is your Judgment Day.

TONIGHT WE RIDE!!!
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Jesus. You gotta respect his passion even though he's completely delusional. He must not keep up with Miller's teams because the two things they absolutely don't do is play soft or get blown out.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Does he know there's another team on the court?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Gato Salvaje

Post by Gato Salvaje »

There'll be a close up of this dude crying into his clarinet later tonight.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

It sounds like he hasn't slept since Saturday. The good news for him is that he can go to bed around 11 or 1130 tonight and wake up looking forward to baseball season.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Are we afraid of some West Coast team? Hell no, all those teams out there are soft. They have no idea what is coming.
They have no idea what is coming? Has this guy ever watched a west coast team?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

My response to Xavier fan is...

Zip em up, zip em up, put them in a bag...or something like that. :)
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

Somebody better put Snipe on suicide watch in 14 hours.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I'll never understand the mentality that player/coach x sold out for this job/paycheck. These people must be happy with their minimum wage jobs or living in southwestern ohio.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

gumby wrote:Media complaining is a staple of every board, bar, street corner.
Couch.

Thanks for the Cincy newspaper interview link, Gumby. Mack sounds like a great guy. Witty and very complimentary of Coach Miller. Loved the profile of Sean as a really organized guy who passes it on to his players and who excels at connecting with them. Just what we've suspected---a real leader, our Coach.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I am amused by fanbases, including ours.

Should be a good game, at least for a while.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

Some of their score predictions are laugh out loud funny

They need to get over the Buick/Lexus thing. Frankly, they should be happy with the Buick comparison. I would have gone with Chevy Cavalier.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Let's be real, if Miller was at Maryland right now and we somehow played them in the Sweet 16, this board would be very much the same.

Miller is a class act, and has said nothing but nice things about Xavier in public since he left. If their fans want to latch on to a quote on one website by a player recounting what Miller told him in private, than so be it. It's the only thing they have.

Even after they get beat tonight, Miller and the players will have nothing but postiives to say about the team, the program and the staff.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Olsondogg wrote:Let's be real, if Miller was at Maryland right now and we somehow played them in the Sweet 16, this board would be much worse.
fify
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:I'll never understand the mentality that player/coach x sold out for this job/paycheck. These people must be happy with their minimum wage jobs or living in southwestern ohio.
They are the people that burned LeBron jerseys. Too many (mostly conservative people) it is wrong and evil to move and take on new challenges and seek better pay and new experiences.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Olsondogg wrote:I am amused by fanbases, including ours.

Maybe in the offseason, we can go deeper on this. What does "fan base" even mean? There's vast disagreement on this board, but we somehow project out as a "fan base."

1 = fan
2 = trend
3 = fan base
gumby

Post by gumby »

Puerco wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Let's be real, if Miller was at Maryland right now and we somehow played them in the Sweet 16, this board would be much worse.
fify
Truth

Signed,

Fan Base
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

All your fan base are belong to us.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:I am amused by fanbases, including ours.

Maybe in the offseason, we can go deeper on this. What does "fan base" even mean? There's vast disagreement on this board, but we somehow project out as a "fan base."

1 = fan
2 = trend
3 = fan base
Fan base is usually the lowest common denominator that people are ashamed represents the whole. Generally, there is a 1-1 ratio between volume and stupidity as the fan base goes.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

azgreg wrote:Here's a post from a game named Snipe on their board. love the enthusiasm.
TONIGHT WE RIDE!!!

Man it seems like weeks have past since the best shooting performance of the last 15 years of NCAA Tournament history.

I have been chomping at the bit for this one every since Saturday Night. I can't wait any longer.

Might as well bring out all of the old tropes. I do it for the children.

A SEASON IS A LIFETIME

Skip used to say that "a season is a lifetime". Looking back at this year and how these young men have grown together I can't think of anything more appropriate. We had plenty of close games we couldn't close out and some real overtime meltdowns. We had glimpses of brilliance too. There were times when I thought Jesus this team is talented, and we could be anyone in the nation. I remember the thrashing of Butler at the Gardens.

All year I kept on biding time and believing that when we come together this team could be fantastic. And it happened, and we are fantastic. I am proud of these kids.

This is our 10th ranked team on the docket this year. So far we are undefeated against every ranked team not named Villanova. We played a schedule with the toughest SOS rating I think in our school history. Are we afraid of some West Coast team? Hell no, all those teams out there are soft. They have no idea what is coming. Sean Miller is about to get punched in the raccoon face of his.

DMFD

Dee Davis is playing his best basketball of his Xavier career at just the right time. He won us the Crosstown Shootout. He has come up big in both the Big East and NCAA Tournaments. We have a senior point guard that knows his next game may be his last, and he is leaving it all on the floor.

I think this is the first season that DMFD has not been knocked out of a few games with the wear and tear of playing our schedule. He was never the biggest or most physical guy, and he was always sacrificing his body for the team. I think part of the reason is surely the heart of a senior, but a big part must be his conditioning. He did what he had to do so that he could keep his body out on the floor.

Stain has come to play too down the stretch. They have emerged as leaders and continued a very proud tradition at Xavier where Seniors come to play. I can't get enough of watching these guys right now. When we make the Final Four Saturday night they will become Xavier legends, forever enshrined in the legend and lore of Xavier University. It is going to happen.

Senior leadership has been crucial for our run, but a long and deep cast of characters make us a team people should fear.

We all knew that the future is bright, and we would make it back to the Sweet 16, but it didn't always seem like it would be this year. Now it looks like the fun could never end. We put in two Sophomores off the bench in the last game and combined they scored almost 40 points. Our leading scorer is a Freshman. JP Macura is starting to really show his talent.

Reynolds is our best pro-prospect, and he comes off the bench. Myles Davis shooting in the last game devastated our opponent. JP Marcura over his last 11 games is shooting 52% from three point range. Think about that, he struggles to get playing time, even though he effectively fronts our vaunted 1-3-1 zone, and plays exceptionally well. That kid is going to be a player.

Our inside game is awesome with Stain, Manimal, and Farr. We have plenty of size and plenty of inside scoring. We can play teams on the run or in the half court.

The Arsenal of Democracy

Speaking of when we are on the run, nobody on this team finishes a break like Remy Abell. He takes it right to the rack and puts it in, and if you are foolish enough to try and stop it all you get is a whistle. Remy also likes to D it up like a boss. He leads the team in three point field goal percentage for the year. If we have an unsung hero, his name is Remy Abell. Kid is a stud and I am proud to call him a Muskie.

I love our big guys and I endorse the inside-out approach in the half court sets. It is our bread and butter. Part of what makes it effective is the passing of our interior players, and the success of our perimeter players is putting the ball in the basket. And we can put the ball in the basket.

I don't want to just beat them, I would like to destroy them and humble them for ever. They won't play us during the regular season, so this is the chance to make it count. We are going to own them. To do that we need to hit threes. I am confident that we will. Remy Abell leads the team in 3 pt fg %. Stud. Myles Davis is coming off a game where he hit a career high 5 three pointers in just 8 attempts. That is wicked good. Looks like he decided to start being an upperclassman a bit early. Kid has onions. Trevon Bluiett has been getting it done all year, which is tough for a frosh. He is mature beyond his years. I think he is poised to have his first breakout game in the Tournament against Arizona. Also the aforementioned DMFD, who has found his deep stroke late in his senior season.

And if those guys aren't enough, we still have other weapons behind the arc. Like I said before, JP is shooting 52% from three in his last 11 games. I want that kid shooting. Even James Farr, who started out the season with a wilting percentage on three pointers has hit 4 of his last 6 three pointers in the last 7 games. These kids have found their stroke at just the right time. Our game plan against Zona's bigs isn't to have Big Man James Farr standing 21 feet out chucking threes, that is obvious. But if the kid finds himself open, he needs to stroke it. Same with JP. If he is open, nail it.

I want a game where all these guys hit a three. I want to be the only thing that can make it rain in drought ridden California.

Our Manifest Destiny of Greatness

I think this team is special, and we have a very unique opportunity. Yes we will be great in the future, but the future is now. Along with all this young talent is a Senior PG playing his best ball and a Senior Center patrolling the paint and giving them fits. Go ahead and double team him, we will punish you from the outside. His passing alone keeps opposing coaches up at night. Add to those seniors the bevy of young talent, peaking at just the right time and you get the Final Four.

SMELL THE GLOVE BYTCHES!!

We are going to Indy gentlemen, and I will host a pregame rally at Brads Brass Flamingo, where dancing is a full contact sport.

This is a team of destiny. I can't see any other way around it. It is going to be legendary. I don't want to just beat them, I want to humiliate them. I want them to never be able to look at a basketball the same way again. Sean Miller isn't going to get his first Final Four in his Lexus. If he wants to attend the Final Four he is going to have to buy a ticket. We got a new sheriff in town, and Chris Mack will be driving Sean's old Buick to a place that Sean Miller has never been.

And it couldn't happen to a better man. Judas. The Desert Raccoon sold us out for his 30 pieces of silver. Sean Miller, Ye cannot serve both God and Mammon. No servant can serve two masters. You made your choice chasing that coin like the pudgy little whore that you are. And like a good whore, now you get to lay back and enjoy the consequences of your actions. Sean Miller, today is your Judgment Day.

TONIGHT WE RIDE!!!

Dosia

Post by Dosia »

LMAO!
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ASUHATER! wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:I'll never understand the mentality that player/coach x sold out for this job/paycheck. These people must be happy with their minimum wage jobs or living in southwestern ohio.
They are the people that burned LeBron jerseys. Too many (mostly conservative people) it is wrong and evil to move and take on new challenges and seek better pay and new experiences.
You consistently find new and creative ways to out-do yourself. Most of the "conservatives" that I know are at the front of the line when it comes to chasing a buck...
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Harvey Specter wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
You consistently find new and creative ways to out-do yourself. Most of the "conservatives" that I know are at the front of the line when it comes to chasing a buck...
And you obviously can't read.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

catgrad97 wrote:All your fan base are belong to us.
Is this a strongbad reference? It stood out to me immediately when I saw it, but can't 100% place it...
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Tonight: Fuck Havier
Tomorrow: Good effort, congrats on being in the Sweet 16, Good things coming your way.
etank34

Post by etank34 »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Is this a strongbad reference? It stood out to me immediately when I saw it, but can't 100% place it...
Starcraft
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Katzenfreund wrote:Image
:lol:

Have a nice trip back to Nowheresville, Ohio Sayveer.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Did you hear, the Garcia's bought a buick!
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

etank34 wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
Starcraft
Nope, it's one of the oldest internet memes.

Formerly McLurvin