Tarczewski

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

84Cat

Re: Tarczewski

Post by 84Cat »

Man I hope that's for real! Nothing on Twitter at all.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Me too. Still would lik to get another grad transfer big or something though. A team returning tarc, pjc, York, Pitts and Ristic and adding Simon, Smith, Trier, Comanche, Allen, Anderson and possibly another player is still a top 15 team and the Pac 12 favorite.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

ASUHATER! wrote:Me too. Still would lik to get another grad transfer big or something though. A team returning tarc, pjc, York, Pitts and Ristic and adding Simon, Smith, Trier, Comanche, Allen, Anderson and possibly another player is still a top 15 team and the Pac 12 favorite.
And Stanley!!!!!!!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Ignore it. It's PGU. And PGU is attacking Scheer again as part of this new round of BS.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

what longhorned said. hopefully, a credible source will confirm.
cpt

Post by cpt »

In the off season, they need to line Tarc up with Rip Torn throwing stuff at him..."if you can catch a wrench, you can catch a ball!"
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

If Tarc returns, we win the Pac again.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

cpt wrote:In the off season, they need to line Tarc up with Rip Torn throwing stuff at him..."if you can catch a wrench, you can catch a ball!"
Greatest. Idea. Ever.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Beachcat97 wrote:If Tarc returns, we win the Pac again.
If Tarc leaves, we win the PAC again.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Olsondogg wrote:
Wow. I hope so. But I'm concerned about our frontcourt depth.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Wow. I hope so. But I'm concerned about our frontcourt depth.

The PAC sucked this year, and will suck harder next. Shocking that you are concerned about something.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I think if Zeus returns four his fourth year I will finally be able to write out his full last name correctly without having to use google first.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

grain of salt (both ways):
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Huh? Now he's not coming back? :?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Wrists will be slit
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:Wrists will be slit
It's only been said a zillion times that we were going to lose all 5 starters. Zeus leaving would be the expected result. Him staying would be the surprise.

So, my wrists are safe at least.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Olsondogg wrote:
I agree, but it might not be next year.

Depending on how the other PAC12 teams recruit (Zimmerman to UCLA?/Rabb to Cal?/Poeltl decides to stay at Utah??/UO finds some frontcourt help?) the PAC12 may be up for grabs next year if the UA has to start over with a clean slate. I think Tarc staying would go a long way towards keeping us at the top of the heap.
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

this "source" has zero credibility.
Last edited by A1RZONA on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

dmjcat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

Depending on how the other PAC12 teams recruit (Zimmerman to UCLA?/Rabb to Cal?/Poeltl decides to stay at Utah??/UO finds some frontcourt help?) the PAC12 may be up for grabs next year if the UA has to start over with a clean slate. I think Tarc staying would go a long way towards keeping us at the top of the heap.
Not sure why Zimmerman would be intrigued with UCLA. It is an unstable program with a mediocre coach. Perhaps Zimmerman is leaning towards Kentucky or Kansas? The Rabb situation is a bit more understandable.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

A1RZONA wrote:this "source" has zero credibility.
Jonathon Givony may feel differently.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Who challenges us in the PAC?

Utah? Wright, Bachinski and Poetl gone = fringe top 25 team at best

UCLA? Powell, Looney gone and Bryce back = another 11-7 Pac season

Oregon with no Joe Young?

Stanford with Dawkins still as their coach?

Cal with their three freshmen? (None of which has actually committed yet)

ASU with no coach and no players?

I understand that our ranking to start the year next year is going to be around 12ish, but is there anyone in the PAC even close to that? Anyone else that's going to be ranked to start the season? It doesn't much look like it.
Last edited by SCCats on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

midnightx wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

Not sure why Zimmerman would be intrigued with UCLA. It is an unstable program with a mediocre coach. Perhaps Zimmerman is leaning towards Kentucky or Kansas? The Rabb situation is a bit more understandable.
Zimmerman has been completely inscrutable..........my guess would be he winds up at UK. If Tarc does leave maybe he might take another look at the UA. In the recent interviews I have seen he claims that he is torn and doesn't have any favorites among his 5 schools.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

SCCats wrote:Who challenges us in the PAC?

I understand that our ranking to start the year next year is going to be around 12ish, but is there anyone in the PAC even close to that? Anyone else that's going to be ranked to start the season? It doesn't much look like it.
If Poeltl returns at Utah (still up in the air) then I think Utah would be favored over a UA team losing their entire starting 5.
Again, this is all up in the air (as I pointed out) until we know who's leaving and who signs with whom.
Last edited by dmjcat on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

A1RZONA wrote:this "source" has zero credibility.
agree on both sides of the kaleb go/no-go rumor mill right now. salt, taken!
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

dmjcat wrote:

If Poeltl returns at Utah (still up in the air) then I think Utah might be favored over a UA team losing their entire starting 5.
Again, this is all up in the air (as I pointed out) until we know who's leaving and who signs with whom.
The gang who can't win on the road is going to take us down with Taylor, Loveridge and Poetl?

That's a tail end event.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

SCCats wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

If Poeltl returns at Utah (still up in the air) then I think Utah might be favored over a UA team losing their entire starting 5.
The gang who can't win on the road is going to take us down with Taylor, Loveridge and Poetl?

That's a tail end event.
Against this years UA team, yes. Against our 2nd team plus a couple of freshman, No. Utah with 3 starters back (including the best big in the conference) will give Ristic/Anderson + UA frosh a very competitive run for their money.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

dmjcat wrote:
Against this years UA team, yes. Against our 2nd team plus a couple of freshman, No. Utah with 3 starters back (including the best big in the conference) will give Ristic/Anderson + UA frosh a very competitive run for their money.
The word competitive is interesting. Was Utah competitive this year when they lost the race by 3 games?

I think people would generally say they were competitive. So by that margin, one could say Utah being within 3 games of us in the final standings is "competitive."

I'm willing to agree they will probably be within 3 games of us when we win the conference.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Pac is wide open next year.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Beachcat97 wrote:Pac is crap city next year.
Fixed it for you.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

SCCats wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
The word competitive is interesting. Was Utah competitive this year when they lost the race by 3 games?

I think people would generally say they were competitive. So by that margin, one could say Utah being within 3 games of us in the final standings is "competitive."

I'm willing to agree they will probably be within 3 games of us when we win the conference.

"Was Utah competitive this year when they lost the race by 3 games?" You seem to be forgetting that was against Tarc/Bash/TJ/SJ/RHJ all of whom we are assuming to be gone. Those 3 Utah starters (plus a chunk of their bench) would now be matched up against Ristic/Anderson/York + a couple of unproven freshman.................totally different than "this year when they lost the race by 3 games".

People seem to have problems separating the present from the future.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Daryl Zero wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Pac is crap city next year.
Fixed it for you.
The PAC12 will be crap city...........AND wide open next year if the Cats lose their entire starting 5.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

dmjcat wrote:
SCCats wrote:
dmjcat wrote:

"Was Utah competitive this year when they lost the race by 3 games?" You seem to be forgetting that was against Tarc/Bash/TJ/SJ/RHJ all of whom we are assuming to be gone. Those 3 Utah starters (plus a chunk of their bench) would now be matched up against Ristic/Anderson/York + a couple of unproven freshman.................totally different than "this year when they lost the race by 3 games".

People seem to have problems separating the present from the future.
You actually missed the point completely.

I'm trying to get a definition of the word "competitive" vis-a-vis conference play.

"Competitive" was loosely defined by me as being within three games in the final standings. Under that definition I am happy to agree that Utah would be competitive; i.e. within three games of us in the final standings. No more, no less.
eoe

Post by eoe »

Arizona w/o starting 5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Utah w/o Poeltl, Wright
Arizona w/o starting 4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Utah w/o Poeltl, Wright
Arizona w/o starting 5>>>>>>>>>>>>Utah w/o Wright
Arizona w/o starting 4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Utah w/o Poeltl

Utah was 3 players + some Taylor
Arizona is contending for NCAA championships and had elite depth, while Utah was contending for a Pac-12 title and was the sum of their starting players. The degree of separation based on talent is slim, but that doesn't mean Utah even comes close to Arizona's elite roster even without all of the experience from last year.

Next year (after Arizona of course) based on current standing:
-Oregon
-UCLA
-Utah
-Stanford

If Arizona wins the league by less than 2 games, I'll be surprised. We have two plug-in guys in Allen and Anderson along with York and Zeus. Funny that Oregon has a highly recruited kid coming in and it's trumpeted as a major boost for their title chances, but Arizona has 4 of those coming in yet you have consistently wrong commentators (ie DMJCAT) downplaying that key fact.

A starting 5 of our freshman + Pitts runs through half the competition in-conference. Add PJC (elite PG), York (experienced and elite shooter), Allen (experienced and elite scorer), Anderson (experienced and elite forward), Pitts (experienced shooter), and possibly Zeus (experienced and elite post player), this is not even a contest. These guys were on the bench because they had NBA players in front of them, not because they lack skills.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Elite don't mean what it used to I guess
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I guess a lot of this depends on how quickly our young guys develop into their larger roles. It's really, really hard to know what kind of impact a freshman will make unless they're named Okafor. I love our incoming class, with or without Rabb, and I think Trier, Smith, Simon, and Comanche will eventually be major contributors. Just not sure it happens next season.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Scheer just said on 1290 he thinks Kaleb is coming back.

Doesn't think in the end Stanley will be able to turn down the money.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

Trier will be an immediate contributor. May be the best scorer we have had since Khalid or Money.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Ok, now I know this guy is a tool:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

So he's either staying or leaving? Good to know.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

What a bunch of idiots. Their sources include randoms on facebook and a guy who has a lab with zeus this semester
az91

Post by az91 »

It seems like the "sources" are contradicting each other.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

What a shit show
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Beachcat97 wrote:Pac is wide open next year.
No, no it's not.

I know I've said this before, but you really need to stick with what you know. Which probably is no topic ever discussed on this message board.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:So he's either staying or leaving? Good to know.
60/40, or 40/60
Right where I want to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:
60/40, or 40/60
I heard from a reliable source it is more like 59/41 or 41/59.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I wonder how Ashley's and RHJ's decisions factor into Tarc's and/or Stan's. Are they more likely to stay/leave given what's already happened?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Beachcat97 wrote:I wonder how Ashley's and RHJ's decisions factor into Tarc's and/or Stan's. Are they more likely to stay/leave given what's already happened?
Is this your first year following college basketball? No man.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Twitter blowing up saying Zeus is coming back for his senior season. The site I will not name being one of them
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
gumby wrote:
60/40, or 40/60
I heard from a reliable source it is more like 59/41 or 41/59.
I'm hearing contradictory reports that suggest it is more like "41/59 or 59/41", not the other way around for sure.