Spaceman Spiff

Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Main Event wrote:
Goodbye Rondae. It was a good 2 years.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Lol. Theres a dude on facebook sayin he saw Rondae at the El Con theater on Easter and he told him and his kids he is "shimmying one more year"
az91

Post by az91 »

I will miss RHJ. He definitely will be remembered as one of the most popular, likeable players this program has seen.
gumby

Post by gumby »

If he hasn't turned in his cable box, there's a chance.
Right where I want to be.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

gumby wrote:If he hasn't turned in his cable box, there's a chance.
There is no chance. He did not turn in his cable box because he sold it to Rick Pitino's wife, who finally found the perfect home in Oro Valley.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Harvey Specter wrote:
There is no chance. He did not turn in his cable box because he sold it to Rick Pitino's wife, who finally found the perfect home in Oro Valley.
Wait. There's grass in Oro Valley?!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Will this be streaming on arizonawildcats.com
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

Puerco wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
Wait. There's grass in Oro Valley?!
Yep, and it's the kind that Amy Miller is allergic to. Oops, I've said too much.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

rgdeuce wrote:Lol. Theres a dude on facebook sayin he saw Rondae at the El Con theater on Easter and he told him and his kids he is "shimmying one more year"
the biggest news in that post is that the el con mall still exists. wow!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

dirtbags wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Lol. Theres a dude on facebook sayin he saw Rondae at the El Con theater on Easter and he told him and his kids he is "shimmying one more year"
it doesn't exist. at least not as a mall.

now it's more a shopping "plaza" or whatever they're called where it's just some businesses in a common area. No actual mall though.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
dirtbags wrote:
it doesn't exist. at least not as a mall.

now it's more a shopping "plaza" or whatever they're called where it's just some businesses in a common area. No actual mall though.
El Con now is probably designated a 'power center' instead of mall.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I have it on good authority that Rondae is leaving, but not for the NBA. He is leaving to live under the sea, where he intends to hang out with crustaceans and sing reggae songs. I learned this from a seagull who saw Rondae at the beach making preparations.

This seagull has been accurate with previous U of A predictions, as even he laughed his little seagull ass off when Chris Rodgers tested the waters for the NBA draft. Bottom line: I started new prescription medication this weekend.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I have it on good authority that Rondae is leaving, but not for the NBA. He is leaving to live under the sea, where he intends to hang out with crustaceans and sing reggae songs. I learned this from a seagull who saw Rondae at the beach making preparations.

This seagull has been accurate with previous U of A predictions, as even he laughed his little seagull ass off when Chris Rodgers tested the waters for the NBA draft. Bottom line: I started new prescription medication this weekend.

lollllllll

also: thanks pom, uad - i'm way waaay overdue for a visit to back to tucson
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Main Event wrote:
What time is this at?
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

azcat34 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Main Event wrote:
What time is this at?
4 pt.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

He gone.
Formerly McLurvin
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Good luck Rondae! You will be missed immensely!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Shucks. I really believed Efren Bonillas Jr.''s facebook post that he ran into rondae at the theatre and he told him he was coming back.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

is it official yet?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

3goggles wrote:is it official yet?
Yes, he has a agent.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

But wasn't Rondae pretty much the most likely to leave, even more so than Stan? I can't see how anyone is surprised by this.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

It was sweet how he got a little choked up during the presser. He really loves the team and the fans a lot.

I'm impressed he's going to finish the semester. I don't think too many guys do that.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

Gonna miss this guy. One of the best to ever don the Arizona jersey.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

He is definitely one of the most likable nd will represent the university well.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Best of luck. A joy to watch. A guy with a motor like that is special.
Last edited by gumby on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

I wanted him to stay just because of his crowd pleasing ability.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Last edited by HiCat on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Can I get a 2 clap and a Rick Flair??????
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I like RHJ a lot, but as he's only a 2 year player I wonder where he falls in the favorites list for everyone?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PieceOfMeat wrote:I like RHJ a lot, but as he's only a 2 year player I wonder where he falls in the favorites list for everyone?
It isn't the number of years, it's the quality of the years. Rondae had some pretty high quality years.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:I like RHJ a lot, but as he's only a 2 year player I wonder where he falls in the favorites list for everyone?

Good question POM. He would be in my top 10 alltime and I go back to the Snowden years.

Money
Norman
Fleming
Kerr
Elliott
Dickerson
Terry
Sol
DWill
RHJ

Just missed: Herm Harris, Bob Elliott, Damon, Kahlid, Jason Gardner, gilbert Arenas

That is not in any particular order and no criteria was used other than they were my favorite players for whatever reason
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Rondae is in my top 5.

Dude was really really nervous. He is always a ham in front of a camera and he was kind of tripping over his words and talking fast at the start of that presser. You could genuinely tell this was very hard for him to do. It was the right choice IMO.
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

As a player? Not sure he'd crack my Top 10. As a person? Top 5, no question.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azcat49 wrote:

Good question POM. He would be in my top 10 alltime and I go back to the Snowden years.

Money
Norman
Fleming
Kerr
Elliott
Dickerson
Terry
Sol
DWill
RHJ

Just missed: Herm Harris, Bob Elliott, Damon, Kahlid, Jason Gardner, gilbert Arenas

That is not in any particular order and no criteria was used other than they were my favorite players for whatever reason
Interesting, I don't think he'd make my top 10.

Pop McKale wrote:As a player? Not sure he'd crack my Top 10. As a person? Top 5, no question.
that's an interesting way to look at it. I do tend to factor in personality into my lists, but even then, he wouldn't crack my top10. Which kinda sucks, as he's the kind of Cat who definitely coulda been in my top10.

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

My favorites arent always the best players. Ray Owes and Ben Davis are two guys who are probably among my all-time five to seven favorite wildcats. Sometimes you just like guys.
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:

Money
Norman
Fleming
Kerr
Elliott
Dickerson
Terry
Sol
DWill
RHJ

Interesting, I don't think he'd make my top 10.

Pop McKale wrote:As a player? Not sure he'd crack my Top 10. As a person? Top 5, no question.
that's an interesting way to look at it. I do tend to factor in personality into my lists, but even then, he wouldn't crack my top10. Which kinda sucks, as he's the kind of Cat who definitely coulda been in my top10.
Got to see the kind of kid Rondae is first hand on several occasions. I'm sure there are many others who have come through the program who were just as charismatic, gracious, and plain nice dudes. He's the geniune article.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Pop McKale wrote: Got to see the kind of kid Rondae is first hand on several occasions. I'm sure there are many others who have come through the program who were just as charismatic, gracious, and plain nice dudes. He's the geniune article.
yeah first hand interaction goes a long way :)

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

azcat49 wrote:

Money
Norman
Fleming
Kerr
Elliott
Dickerson
Terry
Sol
DWill
RHJ

Interesting list... Money, Norman, & Fleming were before my time. My first favorite Cat was Robbie Dosty; he is off the list for obvious reasons - very sad how he ended up.

My list (could not get below 11)

Kerr
Elliott
Khalid
Simon
RJ
Solo
D-Will
Nick
Ashley
Gordon
TJ
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Odogg asked me to post his list for him.

1) Pastner
2) Pastner
3) Pastner
4) Pastner
5) Pastner
6) Pastner
7) Pastner
8) Pastner
9) Pastner
10) Pastner
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

azgreg wrote:Odogg asked me to post his list for him.

1) Pastner
2) Pastner
3) Pastner
4) Pastner
5) Pastner
6) Pastner
7) Pastner
8) Pastner
9) Pastner
10) Pastner
Wrong thread. I asked you to post this under the ASU coaching thread.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

:lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Victor (Tyler)

I look at Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and love his defense.... but is there any hope he can improve his offensive game? I feel that if he did have an good offensive game he could be a lottery pick. Thoughts?

Chad Ford (1:52 PM)

Oh for sure. He has everything else. Great athlete. Great length. Incredible defender. Finishes well at the rim. Unselfish player. Great leadership. But it's tough to be a wing that can't shoot. He's going to have to convince teams he can be Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Gerald Wallace. And ... he might be. I really like him.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:Victor (Tyler)

I look at Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and love his defense.... but is there any hope he can improve his offensive game? I feel that if he did have an good offensive game he could be a lottery pick. Thoughts?

Oh for sure. He has everything else. Great athlete. Great length. Incredible defender. Finishes well at the rim. Unselfish player. Great leadership. But it's tough to be a wing that can't shoot. He's going to have to convince teams he can be Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Gerald Wallace. And ... he might be. I really like him.
He has a good offensive game. He lacks a consistent J. It's really that one thing that holds him back. His college offense production was great for a wing who couldn't consistently make a jump shot.

I think he would be a steal after pick #20. Even if he never learns to shoot well, he can be a bench guy for 10 years who brings energy, leadership and is solid in the locker room. He learns to shoot and you have a top ten value.
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

He has a good offensive game. He lacks a consistent J. It's really that one thing that holds him back. His college offense production was great for a wing who couldn't consistently make a jump shot.

I think he would be a steal after pick #20. Even if he never learns to shoot well, he can be a bench guy for 10 years who brings energy, leadership and is solid in the locker room. He learns to shoot and you have a top ten value.
for me his ceiling is iggy.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

A1RZONA wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

for me his ceiling is iggy.
That's a good comparison too. If he falls outside #20, he goes to a good team, and good teams tend to understand the importance of a high-motor winner. Cleveland would be a great destination. Not a ton of pressure immediately, but a role down the line.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

He seems like Spurs player to me. They always seem to fall into players like RHJ!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

3goggles wrote:He seems like Spurs player to me. They always seem to fall into players like RHJ!
If they could Kawhi Leonard him, I'd be all for it. I think the 20-30 pick range would set Rondae up with a team that appreciates his positives more. Teams that suck frequently do so because they get focused on potential to the expense of solid, hard working guys.

How many people contributed to SA's last title team who don't have huge upside but are hard working, team first guys? That's how you win.