Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Hobbes

Re: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Post by Hobbes »

All RHJ needs is a midrange J... He would be scaaaaaaaaaaaaaary with that added to his game!
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Dont think Rondae will ever be the passer or have the handles of Iggy.

We'll see what happens during the combine and workouts, but he needs to be on a team that lacks a perimeter stopper, has a solid PG, good spacing and shooters.

Still think Toronto is a great fit.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hobbes wrote:All RHJ needs is a midrange J... He would be scaaaaaaaaaaaaaary with that added to his game!
He only needs to be good enough to make people guard him. He will probably never be a great shooter, but if the opposition has to honor the J, that opens the floor and lets him show off his strengths.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Hobbes wrote:All RHJ needs is a midrange J... He would be scaaaaaaaaaaaaaary with that added to his game!
He only needs to be good enough to make people guard him. He will probably never be a great shooter, but if the opposition has to honor the J, that opens the floor and lets him show off his strengths.
"Shoot the J....Shoot it"

RHJ needs to get to the point where his opponent is not mocking him with the above phrase.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Hollis-Jefferson working on shot

• Bruce Pascoe Arizona Daily Star

Not tough to guess what Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is spending a lot of time on during his New York predraft workouts these days.

On shooting, naturally. Then there's some work on ballhandling and other parts of his game, agent Mike George says.

But even though he shot just 20.7 percent from three-point range last season, Hollis-Jefferson is still considered a solid first-round pick because he’s already a proven NBA-level defender.

“Having to shoot a little better will help but teams know what he is,” said George, the Toronto-based agent with Excel Sports Management who signed Hollis-Jefferson. “Teams look at him like he’s got an NBA skill set. He can defend on the NBA level right now.”

Hollis-Jefferson is widely projected to be picked in the 15-25 range, though George said his upper-limit could be as high as 8-11.

“He’s not far behind those other guys,” George said. “It just depends on what a team needs. He had a role at Arizona and now he has a chance to show what kind of offense he has as well.”

Hollis-Jefferson will begin showcasing himself at the NBA combine next month in Chicago and then during individual team workouts afterward leading up to the June 25 draft in New York.

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/a ... cf795.html
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Chad Ford's "What Should Happen" draft based on team needs taken into account; however, value can and often will supersede need. If there's clearly a best player available on the board, he did not pass on him just to fill a need.
Boston Celtics

Needs: C, rim protection, SF

Round 1 (16) Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, G/F, So., Arizona
Round 1 (28) Robert Upshaw, C, So., Washington
Round 2 (33) Cedi Osman, G/F, Macedonia
Round 2 (45) Chris Walker, F, So., Florida

Analysis: Celtics fans are rightfully stoked that this year's squad made the playoffs. But it came at huge price. There are 10 to 12 real difference-makers in this draft and the Celtics fell to 16. If it cost them a chance at a rim protector like Cauley-Stein or Turner, or an upgrade at small forward like Winslow or Hezonja, this year's run hurt the franchise long term. I confess that Hollis-Jefferson is one of my favorite players in this draft. I know he can't shoot and the Celtics need someone who can do more than play hard. But man, does he do everything else so well. He's so tough, so versatile and if he could ever get his jump shot straightened out, he could be a Kawhi Leonard-type player. I don't know how the Celtics would score with Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley and Hollis-Jefferson on the floor. But I also don't know who could score against them. Upshaw is the one guy who could be a big factor for them. He has major off-the-court red flags, but he was the best shot-blocker in the country last year and if he can stay out of trouble will be an absolute steal for the Celtics at No. 28. He's worth the risk given the Celtics' needs. Osman is also a great get as a potential point-forward down the road. He's already playing big minutes in Turkey and while he might not be ready for prime time yet, he's the type of Euro who could develop into something special with another season or two in Europe. Walker is a crazy athlete who, if he ever developed a jump shot, could be a really nice player in the NBA someday. He was ranked as a lottery pick over the course of his freshman year. At No. 45, he's worth a shot.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft201 ... -nba-draft
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Another Chad Ford chat

Taylor (Missoula)

Will Hollis Jefferson end up in the lottery?

Chad Ford (1:26 PM)

Probably not, but I do love everything about his game except his jump shot. He does everything else well. I'm not sure he'll ever develop a jumper, but I could see him having a MKG type impact. That's why I had him so much higher on my own Mock. But most scouts I speak with are scared to death to draft a wing that can't shoot. Not everyone is going to have a Kawhi Leonard turn around on their jumper.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I can't wait until people starting talking about a "Rondae Hollis-Jefferson turn around on their jumper."
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:Another Chad Ford chat

Taylor (Missoula)

Probably not, but I do love everything about his game except his jump shot. He does everything else well. I'm not sure he'll ever develop a jumper, but I could see him having a MKG type impact. That's why I had him so much higher on my own Mock. But most scouts I speak with are scared to death to draft a wing that can't shoot. Not everyone is going to have a Kawhi Leonard turn around on their jumper.
Tell Chad Ford that I used the Kawhi thing on the previous page and I do not appreciate him stealing my premium content.
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Jefe wrote:Another Chad Ford chat

Taylor (Missoula)

Tell Chad Ford that I used the Kawhi thing on the previous page and I do not appreciate him stealing my premium content.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Combine Anthropometric Draft Stats

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson SF

Body Fat 5.0%
Weight 210.8
Hand Length 8.75"
Hand Width 9.75"
Without shoes 6' 5.5''
With shoes 6' 7"
Standing Reach 8' 8''
Wingspan 7' 2''
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

gumby

Post by gumby »

Right where I want to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:
Jameis Winston: "Pay? At a store?"

Tom Brady: "Is the ball fully inflated?"

Stephon Marbury: "I don't know, but this Vaseline is delicious."

Metta World Peace: "I want to hit you with the bat. And the ball."
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Combine agility drill: https://vine.co/v/eKg1OjQnBJW
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Hollis-Jefferson illustrates athleticism
The NBA began the athletic testing portion of the event on Thursday.

Arizona's Rondae Hollis-Jefferson tested extremely well (38" maximum vertical plus top two in both lane agility and 3/4 court spent scores) in every category. I think he could very well end up being the best athlete in the draft.

Of the players tested (about half the combine), Notre Dame's Pat Connaughton wowed with an amazing 44-inch maximum vertical leap. Anderson (43" max vert), Green Bay's Keifer Sykes (43"), William & Mary's Marcus Thornton (43"), Boatright (41"), Oregon's Joseph Young (40.5") and Tokoto (40") also posted great scores.

Marcus Thornton (3.02 seconds), Hollis-Jefferson (3.12 seconds) and Sykes (3.13 seconds) posted the fastest 3/4 court sprint scores. Sykes (10.5 second), Hollis-Jefferson (10.51 seconds) and Wisconsin's Sam Dekker (10.71 seconds) posted the fastest lane agility scores.

We'll have a full report over the weekend, once the rest of the players test on Friday.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft201 ... -nba-draft
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Of the players tested (about half the combine), Notre Dame's Pat Connaughton wowed with an amazing 44-inch maximum vertical leap.

Pretty fly for a white guy.
gumby

Post by gumby »

I wonder what that's like ...
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

gumby

Post by gumby »

Gonna need a Serge protector.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Wow, I dont think he made that many jumpers all of last season. Looking great
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

His jumper is looking more fluid than it did before. I always noticed he had a hitch at the top of his jumper but he seems to be shooting more in a single motion in that vid
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Dang his shot is looking good! No shimmy during the free throws though! With an improved jumpshot I think he will be better then Stanley
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Man, I hope Rondae gets paid mega bucks. Great kid.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

L.A. Lakers (via Rockets)
RONDAE HOLLIS-JEFFERSON, F
ARIZONA, SOPHOMORE | 6-6, 220

Hollis-Jefferson is a terrific defender. He’s strong and athletic with tremendous instincts. Offensively though, there is not much there. Hollis-Jefferson doesn’t play well off the dribble and doesn’t have much of a jump shot; most of his offense came in transition or around the rim. Is he Tony Allen? Maybe, but Allen-types are rare.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/10/nba-mo ... lil-okafor
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

TJ to Rondae at 0:40. Portland has the 23rd pick

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Ex-Cats to the Lakers is a death sentence to me... He won't slip to 27 though.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

rgdeuce wrote:Ex-Cats to the Lakers is a death sentence to me... He won't slip to 27 though.
Lol. Me too.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Rondae gets 'green room' invite for draft

By Bruce Pascoe

When: 5 p.m. Thursday

TV: ESPN

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s chances of landing in the top 20 of the NBA draft took a subtle jump Monday, when he was invited to the “green room” Thursday night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Hollis-Jefferson joined fellow departing Arizona teammate Stanley Johnson on the 19-player invite list, which is compiled largely based on feedback from NBA scouts. The NBA typically only invites players to the green room if they are all but assured of landing in the top 25 so they won’t have to sit there waiting all night, which can be embarrassing for players.

“Is he guaranteed a top 20 pick? No,” said Mike George, Hollis-Jefferson’s agent. “But we feel pretty good. He worked his tail off for the draft.”

In the latest DraftExpress mock draft, Johnson is projected going to Detroit at No. 8, while Hollis-Jefferson is at No. 22 with Chicago. Former UA teammates Brandon Ashley and T.J. McConnell are not projected to be one of the 60 draft
picks, though DraftExpress rates McConnell the No. 57 overall prospect while Ashley is rated No. 91.

http://tucson.com/sports/basketball/pro ... da5f4.html
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Congrats to Rondae! It was great watching him in Tucson and I hope he tears it up in Portland.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

with his athletic skill sets, hand eye coordination, and professional coaching without limits, he will, in fact, improve his jumper.

You see it all the time...people who were average shooters become deadeyes, and people with no shot developing a pet shot or two that makes them just dangerous enough.

Rondae has never really had to develop a J. Lots of lip service paid to needing one for the next level, but look...the next level came to him regardless. Yeah, he worked on it, as much as student athletes can work on such things, and with staff available. Now? RHJ has and will continue to have access to real shot doctors. There is nothing totally flawed in his shot that cannot be fixed to make that 17 to 19' J work. Not talking cold blooded 24' 3's in someones face. Just a controlled elbow/extended jumper that turns into a rote, FT-type shot. He also has the athleticism and control to be someone who could, especially with the left hand being different, develop a pretty deadly fadeaway off the drive/spin move. If he gets played off of too much, can dribble to meet the D, and then drop step to a spin move, or cut it off and fade off of that and hit a J in rhythm? Doesn't have to be a distance shot...with his ups, and his speed, he would have the defender totally leaning the wrong way when he faded.....just get that 15 ' fadeaway, either off the drop on the drive, or a post up?

He dont need much...an elbow jumper, a drop step move with a fade away, and a tsunami-causing dunk if they don't stop ball. Get most points off transition/defense, have those couple of pet moves for 3rd or 4th option offense and when he is feeling it, and Rondae can put up 12+ ppg and take away an equal amount from the other team.

I love Stanley, and I sure hope his offensive game becomes what we know it can be. He is a mini-LeBron if he learns how to consistently finish that freight train a-rollin to the rim, with his defense and court awareness. But I am going to say I am going to have much more fun watching Rondae become Rondae, NBA factor. So many ways he can make a team look bad. He just needs some serious focused offensive coaching, and a limited bag of goodies he knows like a dance move...
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Dunno, EV. RHJ doesn't have the handles to be a mini Lebron. The tsunami-causing dunks are typically off blown defense or assisted by someone else. RHJ didn't create much of his own shot at all.

My take on RHJ's upside? Shawn Marion. Marion came in really raw, but he rebounded like a man and played great defense. Scored on a lot of second chance opportunities. Worked his butt off and developed a three point shot which had to at least be respected, although it was never great (maybe for a couple seasons, but never consistently). Developed a good game inside the arc.

Not a bad career to aspire to.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Puerco wrote:Dunno, EV. RHJ doesn't have the handles to be a mini Lebron. The tsunami-causing dunks are typically off blown defense or assisted by someone else. RHJ didn't create much of his own shot at all.

My take on RHJ's upside? Shawn Marion. Marion came in really raw, but he rebounded like a man and played great defense. Scored on a lot of second chance opportunities. Worked his butt off and developed a three point shot which had to at least be respected, although it was never great (maybe for a couple seasons, but never consistently). Developed a good game inside the arc.

Not a bad career to aspire to.
Nets traded for him specifically for his D . . . they might be thinking of him as a LeBron de-railer in the mold of Iggy. . . NBA is really big on imitating the most resent success story.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Kind of a DUD today.

pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a +/- off def tot ast pf st to bs ba pts
R. Hollis-Jefferson F 21:54 1-6 0-0 0-0 -13 1 2 3 1 3 3 2 0 1 2
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Rondae's task: 'Muck up the game' with defense
By Greg Auman Special to the Arizona Daily Star

ORLANDO, Fla. — Rondae Hollis-Jefferson will enter the NBA with a reputation as an elite, versatile defender, which means the players he’s guarding have a little extra motivation every night.

“That’s just how I’ve always been, taking a challenge,” the 20-year-old said Tuesday after his third NBA Summer League game with the Brooklyn Nets. “Life throws challenges at you, and the strong stand up to those challenges. In previous years, I’ve stood up to them.”

In the fourth quarter of Tuesday afternoon’s game against Charlotte, the Nets asked the 6-foot-7-inch Hollis-Jefferson to guard a familiar foe: Frank Kaminsky, the 7-footer from Wisconsin whose team ended Arizona’s season in both of Hollis-Jefferson’s years with the Wildcats.

Using his long wingspan to negate the size advantage, Hollis-Jefferson held Kaminsky scoreless in the fourth quarter, though the Hornets pulled out a 64-55 victory.

“We needed somebody to provide a spark, and he took Kaminsky out of the game,” said Joe Wolf, a Nets assistant and Brooklyn’s Summer League coach. “He had good energy, and I thought good things happened. That’s why he was drafted, but he’s got a lot of work to do. It’s his first test of having to play somebody very capable from his draft class, and he was up to the challenge today.”

Brooklyn traded for Hollis-Jefferson after Portland selected him with the No. 23 pick in last month’s draft. Hollis-Jefferson, who signed his rookie contract Monday, is still finding himself offensively in a new system. He averaged 8.5 points in his first two games but scored just two on Tuesday on 1-for-6 shooting. He leads the Nets with seven steals in three games, and coaches are pleased with his strengths on the defensive end.

“He has a great attitude. He’s done everything we’ve asked when it comes to stepping up defensively,” said another Nets assistant, Jay Humphries.

“We don’t need him to be a scorer. We didn’t draft him to score 20 points a game. What we need to do is muck up the game a little bit, to guard some of their best players and be a force that way.”

The Nets thought enough of Hollis-Jefferson that they traded away center Mason Plumlee and a second-round pick. The Nets are also reportedly looking at trading veteran small forward Joe Johnson, which could open up an even larger role for Hollis-Jefferson as a rookie.

The UA has had a big presence in the Orlando Summer League, with second-year Magic star Aaron Gordon among the top scorers this week and rookie Stanley Johnson making a strong first impression with the Pistons as well.

In introducing Hollis-Jefferson last week, the former Wildcats star was touted as the best defender in the draft by Nets general manager Billy King, a title that the rookie will take great pride in proving this coming season.

“It’s very validating to give that credit, being a great defender,” Hollis-Jefferson said. “I feel I have to bring that to the table every night, no matter if I can score a basket. Me taking pride in that, it says a lot.”

http://tucson.com/sports/basketball/col ... 7c79c.html
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

3goggles wrote:Kind of a DUD today.

pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a +/- off def tot ast pf st to bs ba pts
R. Hollis-Jefferson F 21:54 1-6 0-0 0-0 -13 1 2 3 1 3 3 2 0 1 2
He missed some open looks, was a non-factor on the offensive end, but they stunk the place up as a team. Rondae isn't going to do anything when the rest of the team is playing like that. The one shot he hit was with Kaminsky guarding him. He recognized the mismatch put on a nice move and made a stepback jumper. Actually looked very pretty. Kaminsky was a problem for the Nets that whole game. They threw Rondae on him later and he wasn't doing much, Rondae was frustrating him.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

RHJ is having a hell of a day!!!
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

3goggles wrote:RHJ is having a hell of a day!!!
Have it recorded for when I get home but woh!

22pts 11rebs 5asts 4stls and 7 fouls!

8/21 FGs
3/9 3s
3/4 FTs
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

And, going head-to-head with Frank the Tank much of the time.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

That's the best I've seen Rondae's J look. He still has room to clean up the release, but it's a definite improvement.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Shimmy looking good, passes connecting, and J's going in. It's a good time to be RHJ.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

15p/9r/4a/4stls
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

http://www.wsj.com/articles/rondae-holl ... 1442343927
By ALEX RASKIN
Updated Sept. 15, 2015 5:29 p.m. ET

Giving a small fortune to a 20-year-old and dropping him in New York City isn't a good recipe for sustained wealth.

Nets rookie Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is trying not to think about it. He’s guaranteed $1.33 million in his first year out of college, but if anyone asks the affable University of Arizona product about his budding fortune, they should expect a short conversation.

“People know they can talk to me about anything,” he said. “But when it comes to money, I’m like, ‘I don’t have it.’ That’s my go-to line.”

To some extent, that is true. His first paycheck, while larger than any he had ever received, still fell short of expectations.

“When I saw the check, I saw half of the money was gone,” Hollis-Jefferson said, referring to the taxes and other dues extracted from his paycheck. “And being in New York, more than half was gone. I was like, ‘Who do I call here? What’s going on?’ ”

Much like Hollis-Jefferson’s new tax bracket, his new life is going to be an adjustment. The NBA, like any high-profile professional sports league, has its share of pitfalls. New York has its own, too.

Hollis-Jefferson’s mission is to navigate these hurdles and avoid becoming another cautionary tale like former All-Star Antoine Walker, who made over $100 million as an NBA player before declaring bankruptcy in 2010.

Growing up in Chester, Pa., a Philadelphia suburb, Hollis-Jefferson faced dramatically different challenges.

His father, Ross, was largely absent from Hollis-Jefferson’s life, even spending some time in prison. And with his mother, Rylanda Hollis, working long hours, Hollis-Jefferson and older brother Rahlir spent much of their time with maternal grandfather Carl Hollis.

“I’d say any young child, male, wants their father to be a part of their life,” he said. “I spent a lot of that, like, looking. My grandfather, he was like our dad. He was way older than us. It didn’t feel like how my friends and their fathers felt…When I got older, I was like, ‘I’m good. I got this far without it.’ … I still talk to him. Other than that, it’s fine. It’s in the past.”

Like almost everyone else in Chester—a town that produced NBA guards Jameer Nelson and Tyreke Evans—Hollis-Jefferson found basketball on the local public courts.

What was unusual about his introduction to basketball, however, was when he hit the courts—typically after midnight.

“I’d be like, ‘Pop Pop, can we go to the court?’ ” said Hollis-Jefferson, who mimed waking up his grandfather. “He’d be like, ‘Let’s go.’ We’d walk or drive and we’d be there at one in the morning, just working out. We were out there some days when there was snow on the ground, literally. We didn’t shovel the snow. We didn’t care.”

Basketball is now a profession for Hollis-Jefferson, which makes it more complicated than simply asking his grandfather to walk him down to the local court.

Since 1986, the league and the players association have been putting draft classes through the Rookie Transition Program, which focuses on healthy relationships, career transition, continuing education, and financial management, according to Greg Taylor, NBA senior vice president of player development.

In four days in Florham Park, N.J., last month, Hollis-Jefferson and his fellow rookies learned about the stars who have collapsed financially since leaving the league. They heard from speakers such as Nets coach Lionel Hollins and former journeyman point guard Chris Herren, the latter of whom battled a drug habit while playing in the NBA and overseas.

“That was really powerful,” long-time NBA forward and director of player programs for the players association Purvis Short said of Herren’s speech. “Every time you hear his story, it’s just very touching…You could have heard a pin drop.”

“I don’t do drugs or drink, but you never know what people go through,” said Hollis-Jefferson, who first met Herren while playing at Arizona. “One bad decision could ruin it all for someone.”

The R.T.P. also tackles more practical problems, like budgeting one’s salary, which is harder in New York than, say, Dallas.

“You can live in a nice, three-bedroom condo with all that in Dallas for like two thousand bucks,” Hollis-Jefferson said. “Three bedroom, three-bathroom in New York, you’re paying eight grand. It’s ridiculous.”

Currently, Hollis-Jefferson shares a Northern New Jersey rental with a friend and Rahlir, who played basketball in college at Temple and professionally in both Europe and the D-League.

The area is so new to Hollis-Jefferson that he admittedly uses a navigation device to guide him along the 25-minute commute to the team’s practice facility in East Rutherford, N.J.

His new routine will change at the end of September when the Nets hold training camp at Duke University in Durham, N.C., and will be further altered in February when the new HSS Training Center is scheduled to open in Brooklyn’s Industry City.

Hollis-Jefferson is considering becoming the first Brooklyn Nets player to move to the borough because, as he continues to learn, traffic congestion in and around New York is constant. “It’s really every day.”

As for his down time, Hollis-Jefferson isn't gallivanting with the glitterati. His Instagram account features a dapper Hollis-Jefferson pictured alongside former Knick Earl Monroe and actress Sigourney Weaver, but that is, more or less, the extent of his night life.

He’s more concerned with getting his college degree in agriculture and, one day, helping children make better decisions about what they eat. Hollis-Jefferson abstains from pork and limits his red meat consumption. Although finding the time to study as an NBA rookie is going to be difficult, he could look to teammate Jarrett Jack, who took summer classes at Georgia Tech and eventually got his degree last year at age 31.

For Hollis-Jefferson, his immediate concern is ingratiating himself to Nets fans, as he did at a Nets youth camp in Southampton on Sept. 2. As he sees it, meeting fans is the easiest part of the job, so he told the Nets’ staff that he wants to be one of the players mingling with season ticket holders at events. “They’ll bring their friends and their family and it just multiplies.”

“If you’re the type of person who has a lot of aspirations, a lot of goals, you want to do big things, this is the best market,” said Hollis-Jefferson.

Short admits that rookies face more scrutiny in New York, but still predicts that Hollis-Jefferson will be embraced by both the city and the borough.

“In Rondae’s case, I personally think he’s gonna do wonderful,” Short said. “He’s gonna excel…He’s very well disciplined, a hard worker, and you love being around the kid.”
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Rondae is the man. Deserves nothing but the best. He really is going to have a nice career and make some sweet cash along the way, I'd bet on him any day.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Beautiful. Wtg Rondae!
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

What a classy guy....Good job Rondae! From all that I ever heard about him, he's such a great young man and Wildcat. Loved having him in the team for 2 years....just wish we could have had him longer.

Anyways, wish him nothing but the best and if the adage of 'good things happen to good people' holds true then he's destined for a incredible life. Bear Down Rondae!