Pitts

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CBCat

Pitts

Post by CBCat »

Where is he? Hurt?

Wasnt on the floor or on the bench 2nd half. Anybody know if he is sick?
UAEebs86

Re: Pitts

Post by UAEebs86 »

CBCat wrote:Where is he? Hurt?

Wasnt on the floor or on the bench 2nd half. Anybody know if he is sick?
Feeling sick. Went to locker room in the first half.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Update I hope.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Someone on twitter said he was feeling sick.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

diarrhea?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

RHJ and Pitts should both be good to go tomorrow.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

rgdeuce wrote:diarrhea?
Olsondogg wrote:RHJ and Pitts should both be good to go tomorrow.

if rgdeuce's speculation is correct, I don't think Pitts is having problems going

;)
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

CSM: pitts sat out due to a "personal issue", not injury, not disciplinary
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

His girl dump him ? Too depressed to play???

I mean only thing that leaves is academic but that would fall under disciplinary.
az91

Post by az91 »

PennZona20 wrote:His girl dump him ? Too depressed to play???

I mean only thing that leaves is academic but that would fall under disciplinary.
Weird. Let's hope it is a short-term "personal issue."
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

dirtbags wrote:CSM: pitts sat out due to a "personal issue", not injury, not disciplinary
I wonder if he is concerned about playing time and considering transferring. Maybe a family issue where he wants privacy. Just speculating.
Last edited by FreeSpiritCat on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
gumby

Post by gumby »

What if we NEVER know? :o
Right where I want to be.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Pitts is getting very good minutes 21+ being he really isn't contributing on offense.

But thinking about it, it is the right time for a mid season transfer
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Merkin wrote:Pitts is getting very good minutes 21+ being he really isn't contributing on offense.

But thinking about it, it is the right time for a mid season transfer
I just don't see Pitts as the kind of kid that would transfer. He knows the part he plays, he is likely fine with that knowing that he's never going to go to the NBA, and it's not like he would star at some mid-major, that's just not his game. I think he knows that, seems like a smart kid
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:What if we NEVER know? :o
The sewing circle will never be able to abide that.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Not an injury?

The Wildcats were playing throughout tonight's game without one of their top defenders, Elliott Pitts, who sat on the bench in street clothes for unspecified reasons. Pitts took early warmups with the Wildcats but a team spokesman said he was not sure why Pitts is not playing.

http://tucson.com/sports/basketball/col ... 02250.html" target="_blank
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Gotta think he is considering transferring to another school. It doesn't make a lot of sense considering how much he has played this year. Maybe he wants a bigger role on the offensive side of the ball. Maybe he wants to live closer to home. I did that, moved back home my junior year.
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

gumby wrote:What if we NEVER know? :o
LOL! Our world may come to an end! We are FANatics!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

84Cat wrote:Gotta think he is considering transferring to another school. It doesn't make a lot of sense considering how much he has played this year. Maybe he wants a bigger role on the offensive side of the ball. Maybe he wants to live closer to home. I did that, moved back home my junior year.
Maybe a school where you don't get the squirts during warmups, which causes your GF to dump you.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

yeah, i'm still rooting for diarrhea. :lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Never did get midseason transfers.

You lose 2 seasons of eligibility to play 2 half seasons.

But maybe he sees the writing on the wall and doesn't want to spend his upper class years sitting on the bench. Zane Johnson left for that reason, and had a nice career at Hawaii.

Ruben Douglas saw Gilbert Arenas coming in and led the nation in scoring at UNM and was Mountain West MVP.

Mohammad Tangara did well at Div II Chaminade.

Craig Victor got homesick, and went to LSU.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Correction on Douglas: Ruben's dad saw Arenas coming. Douglas wanted to stay at Arizona. There was a point where it was announced he was transferring and then he went to Lute and said he wanted to stay and the transfer was off, but in the end his dad won.

Zane feared a new coaching staff that did not recruit him.
Tangara graduated from Arizona and had one year left to play so grad transferred
Victor at least was a freshman who had no role on the team and had multiple years ahead of him.
Pitts was recruited as a role player so I'm not sure what his beef is if he indeed intends to transfer, but transferring at the end of the fall semester of your junior year is a totally curious move and one that is much different than any of the other guys you named.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

ChooChooCat wrote:Correction on Douglas: Ruben's dad saw Arenas coming. Douglas wanted to stay at Arizona. There was a point where it was announced he was transferring and then he went to Lute and said he wanted to stay and the transfer was off, but in the end his dad won.

Zane feared a new coaching staff that did not recruit him.
Tangara graduated from Arizona and had one year left to play so grad transferred
Victor at least was a freshman who had no role on the team and had multiple years ahead of him.
Pitts was recruited as a role player so I'm not sure what his beef is if he indeed intends to transfer, but transferring at the end of the fall semester of your junior year is a totally curious move and one that is much different than any of the other guys you named.
I watched Arizona's first practice (Arenas' freshman year) in 1999 (back then, it was open at times). I looked at a buddy of mine and said that kid Arenas is gonna start from day one. His wingspan, his hops, athleticism screamed star. It was obvious Douglas' days were numbered and you can't fault him for transferring. Had he stayed, he would've carved out a great role off the bench as a shooter. Anyway, he would've played some quality minutes had he stuck it out and not gone to New Mexico.

Our '00 & '01 teams had very little depth in the backcourt. Lamont Frazier was a late JUCO pickup and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Awful shooter. Travis Hanour was also on the roster and was equally terrible and transferred (to SDSU I believe).
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Weber State for Hanour.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Lamont Frazier had the highest percentage of missed layups I have ever seen. Really bad knees though if I remember right.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

ChooChooCat wrote:Weber State for Hanour.
Thanks. My memory is slipping. Lute had some pretty ugly recruiting misses that we tend to forget about: Zahn & Hanour to name a few.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

carolinacat wrote:
Thanks. My memory is slipping. Lute had some pretty ugly recruiting misses that we tend to forget about: Zahn & Hanour to name a few.
Dion Broome (sp?) was the only recruit one year, never played a minute. Zahn ended up playing at a NAIA school he was that bad. Lute told him not to come back after that year. Told Marcus Williams not to come back too, but he was actually pretty good, just not a good fit.
gumby

Post by gumby »

No. That was another white dude whose name always escapes me. Funny spelling.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Looking him up, Hanour averaged over 15 minutes a game for SDSU his first season, but only played a total of 22 minutes his last 2 seasons. Seemed to have some injury problems with his knees.

Qyunn Tebbs went to Weber St: http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pla ... bbs-1.html" target="_blank
Last edited by Merkin on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Merkin wrote:
carolinacat wrote:
Dion Broome (sp?) was the only recruit one year, never played a minute. Zahn ended up playing at a NAIA school he was that bad. Lute told him not to come back after that year. Told Marcus Williams not to come back too, but he was actually pretty good, just not a good fit.
Biola for Zahn. A bible school. Naturally, he was Triangle and Too's favorite player.

After the exodus of 2001, we had five players left: Zahn, Hanour, Anderson (redshirt), Walton and Gardner. Two of them would end up leaving. Pretty amazing that we made the Sweet 16 and won conference tourney. Freshman class led by Stoudamire and Frye had to grow up fast.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Merkin wrote:Lamont Frazier had the highest percentage of missed layups I have ever seen. Really bad knees though if I remember right.
Great athlete. No game.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Quynn Tebbs transferred to Weber State in 1998.

Travis Hanour transferred to San Diego State in 2001.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

gumby wrote:
They obviously all look alike. My bad :lol:

This was an era where you could survive having a crappy class like Hanour/Zahn, because all your best players didn't leave after a year or two. If Miller ended up with a Zahn/Hanour class we'd be in some serious doo doo.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gumby

Post by gumby »

gumby wrote:
Quynn Tebbs. Played with Harold "The Show" Arceneaux.

KK beat me to it.
Last edited by gumby on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

gumby wrote:
Merkin wrote:
carolinacat wrote:
Biola for Zahn. A bible school. Naturally, he was Triangle and Too's favorite player.

After the exodus of 2001, we had five players left: Zahn, Hanour, Anderson (redshirt), Walton and Gardner. Two of them would end up leaving. Pretty amazing that we made the Sweet 16 and won conference tourney. Freshman class led by Stoudamire and Frye had to grow up fast.
Walton & Gardner were probably the two most level-headed, stable players you'd want to do that with. Neither was selfish and both were great extensions of what Lute wanted done on the floor. It's a shame Mike Wright or Gilbert didn't come back for one more year and improve their draft stock. Isaiah Fox had a few moments that year (not many, but a few). As did Will Bynum. When Walton when down with an ankle injury, we were a pretty vulnerable team. It sucked to lose at home to Oregon that year. Nice to be vindicated the following season when we returned the favor (a sweep) of the Ducks and all was right again in the universe.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Fox had a lot of bagels. Even paid for some.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

carolinacat wrote:It's a shame Mike Wright or Gilbert didn't come back for one more year and improve their draft stock
Don't worry about Gil, because he went in the second round he was able to get a much better second contract earlier than first round picks did.

Wright wanted to come back and play the 3, but Lute said no. You are our 4.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

If Pitts was leaving, it would have been before a season where PJC, Kadeem, Gabe, Trier, Simon, Smith, and Tollefsen were all still healthy and expected to swallow minutes from the 1-3 positions. He stuck around the year before too. Hes getting significant minutes this year and is an important piece to this team right now.

If he is transferring, some relationship went sour really fast, or something tragic happened or is happening to family back home. Or maybe thats the thing itself, someone close to him isnt doing well. Or maybe hes struggling with something personal, like depression or something along those lines. Hope the best for him no matter what it is
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

Merkin wrote:
carolinacat wrote:It's a shame Mike Wright or Gilbert didn't come back for one more year and improve their draft stock
Don't worry about Gil, because he went in the second round he was able to get a much better second contract earlier than first round picks did.

Wright wanted to come back and play the 3, but Lute said no. You are our 4.
Things worked out well for Arenas (in hindsight). He was fortunate there were injuries with Golden State and he made the most of his opportunity. Had he stayed one more year, he would've easily been a top 10 pick (never mind the individual accolades he may have received). Whoever drafted him would've played him immediately and he would've still made his $$$.

As for Wright, he needed to expand his game for the next level. Understandable. Arizona had Walton as a redshirt junior already proven at the 3. And his career was pretty darn good. I still think Wright staying, playing the 4 and working more on his outside game and ball handling still would've served him better than jumping to the draft.

Channing Frye certainly didn't play on the perimeter during college but that's his whole offensive game right now.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

If he is transferring, why make the decision this week? Did he just find out for sure what our roster looks like next year?

If its family related, why is he warming up and sitting on the bench? Posted in the game thread:
He put on dockers before the team came back out:

Speaking of transfers, Angelo is avg 4/4/1 shooting 50%
Last edited by Jefe on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

^ That dude has the best Santa Claus beard ever.

Speaking of seeing the same people on TV and not knowing who they are, who is that chubby balding guy on the UA bench?

Maybe Pitts has been thinking about a mid-year transfer all along, and just told Miller about it.

Or maybe he just had the shits.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Maybe CSM told him he didnt have to play if whatever he was going through was too much and he felt his heart or head wouldnt be in the game. Or he didnt need the extra stress of the game to weigh on him further. Who knows
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I wouldnt consider diarrhea an illness in all cases, its certainly not an injury, and it isnt disciplinary unless you made a bad decision to eat certain foods. I think diarrhea is the best fit here and certainly more explanable than a transfer now
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Ya whatever the reason is, we will know by Sunday night. He does appear to be clinching...
Merkin wrote:Speaking of seeing the same people on TV and not knowing who they are, who is that chubby balding guy on the UA bench?
http://www.arizonawildcats.com/SportSel ... SID=750090" target="_blank

Ryan Reynolds, Director of Basketball Ops

Last edited by Jefe on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Probably sick/didn't feel well. Decided to see how he felt during warmups, decided it was a no go.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Jefe wrote:Ya whatever the reason is, we will know by Sunday night. He does appear to be clinching...
Merkin wrote:Speaking of seeing the same people on TV and not knowing who they are, who is that chubby balding guy on the UA bench?
http://www.arizonawildcats.com/SportSel ... SID=750090" target="_blank

Ryan Reynolds, Director of Basketball Ops. I see him

Thanks Jefe, I always wondered who he was.

Longtime Sean Miller staff member Ryan Reynolds is in his seventh year as the Wildcats’ director of basketball operations. In that position, Reynolds has streamlined the day-to-day operations of the program.

Originally hired as an administrative assistant for the 2009-10 season, he was promoted to his current position in May 2010. Reynolds has worked alongside Miller in 11 of his 12 seasons in college basketball.

During his tenure in Tucson, Reynolds has streamlined the program’s internal operations. He has overseen the major renovations to McKale Center, the weight room addition to Richard Jefferson Gymnasium, the 2010 men’s basketball locker room renovation and the McKale Center hallway project, all of which have helped position the program for long-term success.

Reynolds is also responsible for scheduling the Wildcats’ non-conference games, working closely with Miller to annually construct one of the nation’s most challenging non-conference schedules. He is also the program’s compliance liaison, director of the Sean Miller Basketball Camp, overall program budget manager and team travel coordinator.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

He also enjoys Old Chicago. Ive seen him there 3 times after games with other coaches and none of them order beer. Tight ship!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Things worked out for Arenas, but he probably would have benefitted from two more years of structure under Lute before being turned loose in the real world with pockets of cash, groupies and yes men.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

rgdeuce wrote:Things worked out for Arenas, but he probably would have benefitted from two more years of structure under Lute before being turned loose in the real world with pockets of cash, groupies and yes men.
Don't forget the guns.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

and frickin' sharks.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2013/07/19/gil ... on-market/" target="_blank