The Shitshow & remainder of regular season...

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

The Shitshow & remainder of regular season...

Post by Olsondogg »

After last night, I really only care about this team remaining healthy...the rest doesn't really matter to me a whole lot. Would it be nice to beat Utah in SLC? Surely. Nice to win a PAC regular season? Absolutely. Awesome to bring home a PAC tourney trophy and have all the fans in Vegas have a killer party? Totally.

But games like last night show me that this conference is full of biased shit, and that the best thing to do is come out healthy and ready to take on NCAA teams on neutral floors with different officials.

That's really all I want. A healthy team and March 17th.

Oh and on that officiating last night...

Are you really gonna talk officiating Odogg?

Yeah, yeah I am. None of the refs last night had worked a Final 4 game, and for good reason. Officiating last night was the worst in an an incredibly bad PAC season. People will say that lamenting officiating is a "cop out" or "sore loser" or what conference doesn't have bad officiating, or some bullshit about the "better team winning"...but the truth is that last nights game was heavily influenced by the zebras, and most of it was blatant.

Anytime a teams best offensive weapon and best defensive anchor are both regulated to the bench within the first 10 minutes of the game from questionable foul calls, the game is going to be dramatically changed. Anytime the national announcers comment repeatedly on questionable calls throughout the game, you can rest assured that things are bad.

Then you factor in a technical foul, an elbow to the face foul called on the guy receiving the elbow to the face, 2 "and one" shots called off because of "on the floor fouls without continuation", a blatant out of bounds reversal that was inconclusive at best....things are rotten on the road in the PAC 12.

The agenda was setup..."Colorado getting this marquee victory would really solidify their NCAA bid". I mean hell, Lundardi was on the phone talking about it just past halftime. Larry Fucking Scott was back from China, sitting in the stands watching this craptacular shitshow playing out in front of him.

Then you factor in a courtstorming from fans that were essentially instructed to "get reckless" but not to "throw stuff on the floor". So it's no wonder that Rado students are in the faces of players pushing and begging for a punch or a fight to happen.

So yeah, it's an issue. Officiating in general is beyond terrible, and frankly nothing will be done. Miller can comment about how Rado was "more ready to play" or how Arizona wasn't as fired up. We can also look at Scott going off on us play after play, but I see Anderson and Zues afraid of the omnipresent whistle, forcing them back to the bench...

My point? Really all this is par for the course. I just want to be done with PAC play, come out uninjured and get our draw. Then we get to watch a healthy team play some non conference opponent on a neutral court, with different refs and without a fan base waiting to run at them a second after the game should that team win.

We also don't have to see the shithead commissioner in the stands watching the spectacle. He'll already be in China or Australia or Katmanfuckingdo trying to establish the PAC network while all you DirecTV customers PM me for a login to watch next years games.

Fuck Larry Scott, and fuck the PAC 12.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
97cats

Re: The Shitshow & remainder of regular season...

Post by 97cats »

i don't agree with everything in this post but i sure as shit enjoyed reading it.

keep expressing yourself, Odogg
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Fucking tired of it. Someday Miller will be too, and that UNC job will be open.

Oh and on a side note, I do get that I am glossing over some of the horrible play by several members of the team last night. I just don't feel like starting another York, PJC, Tolly, etc. thread.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Always good when national pundits call out Pac-12 officiating.

UA not the only team to get hosed by the PAC refs.

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Im with u Odogg. We have to win games and our own conference comfortably or we are almost always facing this in big games that carry significant weight. Last night certainly felt more like manipulation rather than Pac 12 refs being crummy. It looked like the Heat/Mavs finals when D Wade won his first title.

Look at Duke, face of ACC, they get all the calls. Kentucky gets all the calls in the SEC. Kansas in the Big 12. And Id be lying if i said i wouldnt love that. Id also love just to have things even, or slightly in one direction. But important game after big game we are shit on. Why are we different from those other schools in our own conference? We have been the only consistent relevant team for the last 30 years. We have carried the conference countless years. We have been the lone bright spot even more. Why does Larry treat us like a Washington State that porked his ugly wife?

We obviously could have played much better in all of our losses. But this one, USC and UCLA, we still should have won those three despite the poor play. Good teams do that, even on the road. But that margin for error becomes pin sized when you have to overcome a bad night, the other team, and the refs. Not to mention when calls put important pieces like Zeus, cough, USC and Rado, on the bench. That game has a completely different dynamic if zeus doesnt get his phantom fouls, get put on the bench, and is later actually allowed to guard Scott without fear of being whistle for breathing in his direction.

Ultimately, Miller may get fed up with the joke of a conference
97cats

Post by 97cats »

he's already "fed up"
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Left off the "and leave"

But hearing the confirmation from you is salt in the wound
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hopefully the campus presidents are fed up and get rid of Scott.

Really really hate to see Miller go.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Would be awesome if a conference commissioner ran off not only the best coach in the conference, but one of the best coaches period. This in addition to the other scandal and incompetence in his tenure. Larry would be wise to have security with him at all times after that.

I mean, just let us bail to the Big 12 if thats what its gonna come down to.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

oh hellllllz to the naw on moving the big 12. hansen also mentioned it recently, which led to some chatter on social media and fuck a bunch of that noise.

reform, not retreat.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

From the latest version of the ESPN story:
On Thursday, the Pac-12 issued this statement: "Court and field storming is something that has been of concern. The Conference and Commissioner (Larry Scott) have proposed rules with penalties to address this, but the universities have not supported such rules to date."
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

dirtbags wrote:oh hellllllz to the naw on moving the big 12. hansen also mentioned it recently, which led to some chatter on social media and fuck a bunch of that noise.

reform, not retreat.
That was my initial stance, but the schools dont seem to want to show Scott the door.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

pc in NM wrote:From the latest version of the ESPN story:
On Thursday, the Pac-12 issued this statement: "Court and field storming is something that has been of concern. The Conference and Commissioner (Larry Scott) have proposed rules with penalties to address this, but the universities have not supported such rules to date."
So Universities are not in support of protecting student athletes? bull.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Again, fuck Larry Scott and fuck the PAC 12

And fuck Stugotz and LeBatard while we are at it.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

cats101 wrote:
Their take is it never happens to them (except Arizona), so why the fuck should they care and lose money due to fines in the rare case their school does beat the only team anyone gives a fuck about beating?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I wish it were true that rules were proposed....
cats101

Post by cats101 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
cats101 wrote:
Their take is it never happens to them (except Arizona), so why the fuck should they care and lose money due to fines in the rare case their school does beat the only team anyone gives a fuck about beating?
Funny because it's somewhat true. But it would happen to U$C quite often in football. UCLA in basketball when they were running things from 06-08. Arizona would rush in football all the time until they put the wall up. It still happens around the conference occasionally, just seems to happen to Arizona in basketball everytime they freakin lose.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

cats101 wrote:just seems to happen to Arizona in basketball everytime they freakin lose.
Not everytime, just 11 out of 12!

C'mon people, act like you have been there before. It's not like the UA was ranked #1 and undefeated.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Nothing will be done and either someone gets hurt be it a player or a fan.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

I typically hate complaints about officiating after a loss, but it was absolutely atrocious last night. Maybe the worst I remember seeing, and that is saying something.

But what bothered me more was how shitty we looked for much of the night. That first half was the most painful half of UA basketball to watch that I can recall in a long, long time. And we still had a chance to win at the end - again - and did not. When we have the ball at the end of the game and need to score, we need a much greater sense of urgency to get a good shot off so we still have a chance to score after we miss our first attempt.

And I have always like and defended York, but I wanted to throw my remote through my TV screen last night when he was putting on his dribbling display in front of the bench before the ball went out of bounds. That was fucking ridiculous.
ecurbh

Post by ecurbh »

Harvey Specter wrote:And I have always like and defended York, but I wanted to throw my remote through my TV screen last night when he was putting on his dribbling display in front of the bench before the ball went out of bounds. That was fucking ridiculous.
Made worse by the fact that they kept showing it in slo-mo, from every angle, for about 5 minutes while the refs dithered. Ugh.
Salty

Post by Salty »

Olsondogg wrote:Fucking tired of it. Someday Miller will be too, and that UNC job will be open.

Oh and on a side note, I do get that I am glossing over some of the horrible play by several members of the team last night. I just don't feel like starting another York, PJC, Tolly, etc. thread.
I have a hard time thinking UNC would look to target Coach Miller as their head coach.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Salty wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Fucking tired of it. Someday Miller will be too, and that UNC job will be open.

I have a hard time thinking UNC would look to target Coach Miller as their head coach.
I bet he becomes their top choice. What he gas done here is smazing. Forget the wins, just the culture.

Guys like Izzo and Calipari are not going there so Miller would be a great choice.

Let's just hope he gets a FF or NC here soon and this isn't acres topic.

Oh and Larry Scott is one corrupt MFER
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Salty

Post by Salty »

azcat49 wrote:
Salty wrote:

I bet he becomes their top choice. What he gas done here is smazing. Forget the wins, just the culture.

Guys like Izzo and Calipari are not going there so Miller would be a great choice.

I have an extremely difficult time believing that UNC would be interested in a coach that hasn't made a Final Four at a school with resources as vast as Arizona.

Outside of Arizona, Miller isn't respected and admired as much as we think he is.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Salty wrote:

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Lmao. Na NBA teams are interested bc they take our word for it. And hes such a shitty coach he was handed the keys to the under 19 USA team who won gold without the best players in the country, who were thrown together w weeks prep. And look around as to what the analysts all say about him, hes universally though of as a top 10 coach and several ahead of him dont have many years left. His peers say the same. And look around a UNC message board or two, hes the big name that pops up to replace Roy.

Option B: you know absolutely nothing about sports
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Salty wrote:
I have an extremely difficult time believing that UNC would be interested in a coach that hasn't made a Final Four at a school with resources as vast as Arizona.

Outside of Arizona, Miller isn't respected and admired as much as we think he is.
You dumb
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Nevermind all the NBA GMs who have been on the record glowing about Miller and how well he has his guys prepared to play for their team. Both mentally and physically
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Wow salty bringing the dumb hard today. Without a doubt if the UNC job opens up in the next couple years Miller is one of the probably top two choices
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Salty

Post by Salty »

I'm not feeling the same vibe, most of what I'm seeing is negative now. The honeymoon phase for a lot of fans is over and I've seeing impatience.

Winning changes that. He gets to the Final Four and everyone else can suck it.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

Salty wrote:I'm not feeling the same vibe, most of what I'm seeing is negative now. The honeymoon phase for a lot of fans is over and I've seeing impatience.
Makes sense. You always struck me as someone who spends an awful lot of time looking at himself in the mirror.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Can we not let a dumb post derail the thread.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Sean Miller is one of the top coaches in the country, and everybody knows it. If Horne's shot goes 2 inches further, we're in the Final Four instead of eventual champ Connecticut. If the official doesn't call an astonishing offensive foul on NJ against Wisconsin, who knows how that last possession ends up. Could be a Final Four there. Wisconsin goes absolutely unconscious last year in the second half, unlike any shooting exhibition I have ever seen from a college team, and we bow out again in the Elite Eight.

Who cares!! Since Miller hasn't made a Final Four that is all that matters. He is no longer one of the best recruiters in the country, isn't one of the best teachers of defense in the land, and probably is actually 62 years old and ready to retire!

This is a tough place to visit after a loss.

Go Cats!!
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Salty wrote:

Who would they target over him exactly?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

cats101 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
cats101 wrote:
Funny because it's somewhat true. But it would happen to U$C quite often in football. UCLA in basketball when they were running things from 06-08. Arizona would rush in football all the time until they put the wall up. It still happens around the conference occasionally, just seems to happen to Arizona in basketball everytime they freakin lose.
Football is different. You're talking about a 100 yard field as opposed to a small basketball court. There's much more room for a student section on a football field than there is on a basketball court. Touche on UCLA in their golden days when Arizona sucked.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Salty wrote:I'm not feeling the same vibe, most of what I'm seeing is negative now. The honeymoon phase for a lot of fans is over and I've seeing impatience.

Winning changes that. He gets to the Final Four and everyone else can suck it.
Here is one from last October... Who ahead of Miller on this list is UNC likely to target?

http://athlonsports.com/college-basketb ... es-2015-16" target="_blank

I assume you think they would shy away from his fiery personality. So they prefer Cryin' Roy's antics with academic fraud...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Corey brings up an old article, but just a reminder of what CSM is going through with the PAC

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Merkin wrote:Corey brings up an old article, but just a reminder of what CSM is going through with the PAC

I really hope we can get this fixed before the UNC job opens up......I truly believe in CSM and there's very little chance we end up with a better replacement if he gets fed up and bolts. I think Larry Scott, and P12 officiating are two huge negatives against the Arizona job right now.

Bear Down Coach.....Outwit, Outplay, Outlast!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Shitshow part fucking two in an hour.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Olsondogg wrote:Shitshow part fucking two in an hour.
Wow. Ye of little faith, OD.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

And we look like a fucking high school jv team
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

"During the remainder of the season, Arizona will not lose a game in March."

This place needs some positivity.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Not even upset about this one, about what was expected....which is what you tend to get with this team: degrees of effort and outcomes from half to half, from possession to possession.

I thought the officiating was about as good as you can get, in fact, it was probably favorable to Arizona for the most part. I thought that York was as bad as I've seen a player play in the PAC 12 this year, and that says alot for a 4 year senior playing his last road game of his career. I hope that he plays better at home, or he just needs to ride pine like Anderson did today.

I thought Kadeem really took some wind out of the sails when he pulled a York and decided he was going to be the hero for once. That shit might have worked back in his JC days, but this is big boy basketball. PJC was pretty non existent right along with Tolly and Ristic for that matter.

Anderson didn't stand out to me as good or bad, but the attitude was not right. I don't know what is going on, but that "funk" bullshit needs to stop now. Sulking is for pansys....at least York doesn't mope about shit.

Zues and Trier are going to do some things for this team, if they play like they did today. Couple that with an Anderson who has his head on straight and his lunchpail mentality in check, and this team can do some things. I really think Miller this week switches the switch to "complimentary Miller" meaning that he will spend the week praising all that is right and good with the program, including the players that are playing in McKale for the last time. Perhaps this helps the team ego, and we can end the season on a positive note and enter Vegas with a good attitude.

As I said before, don't really care if we win the PAC tourney (that's kinda bullshit, cause I want to win every game) but really just want to stay healthy. Get the 6 seed, get shipped out and get ready for some NCAA action in a few weeks.

Thank god we are done with PAC road trips.

Bear Down.
Bangkok Wildcat

This one would have been easier to accept if we hadn't laid a turd at Rado and we didn't have to break that awesome streak of not losing to the Utes since 1998 :-(.

Anyways, this week and the pathetic play of our guards and Tolly has been a real kick in the 'nads. If we don't sweep next week at home, I'm going to be really pissed and depressed.

It's hard to be optimistic when 'PGU' has such a clear talent deficiency in the backcourt and SF.

I guess my expectations have now been lowered to just hoping we don't embarass ourselves further......sweep next week and decent showings in the P12 and NCAA Tourneys please!!!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

We're winning both games next week.
Bangkok Wildcat

Beachcat97 wrote:We're winning both games next week.
Do you promise me Beachcat97??? ;-).....Would love to put a special 'beatdown' on Cuonzo, Rabb & the rest of CAL!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Do you promise me Beachcat97??? ;-).....Would love to put a special 'beatdown' on Cuonzo, Rabb & the rest of CAL!
When was the last time we lost a home game in March?
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
When was the last time we lost a home game in March?
when was the last time we were swept on the road twice? it's been that kind of season.

but i believe we'll win both at home this week, too. senior day on cbs will be awesome. too bad it's not the cal game, though.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

This was the call that got m thinking something was up:
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

While not necessarily indicative of a conspiracy, that does indicate tolerance of gross incompetence.

The Pac-12 has vast regional differences, and its "independent contractors" are reflective of that reality. People know what these guys do locally, and they know they will answer for their work on home courts come Monday morning.