2016 Pac12 Men's Basketball Tournament

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Frybry02

Re: 2016 Pac12 Men's Basketball Tournament

Post by Frybry02 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Frybry02 wrote:
azcat49 wrote:Plenty of scalpers in the hall ways leading to the arena.
Be careful of scalpels inside. Security was kicking out buyers and sellers

Tough crowd!
Lol
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I always roll with surgical tools. Never know when someone is willing to bet a kidney on a game.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

billk78 wrote:I like your optimism dirtbags. And there might be some upsets. I don't see UW beating Oregon though. Oregon and Cal are so strong. I could see USC beating Utah in the second round if I was going to pick an upset.
haha yeah, not holding my breath or anything but i'm hoping to see romar will his team into a possible at-large bid by taking down oregon.

cal is a very talented team but i think they is far more susceptible to an upset than 'tah. the 'bears tend to struggle mightily outside the cozy confines of haas (they almost lost to the pac's 11th place team in tempe this past weekend), even on neutral courts, and are far from seasoned in postseason single-elimination ball -- including their head coach. plus we know the 'tah faithful are gonna bring it in vegas (oops, sorry bill walton, las vegas).

i just hope our players have found their march form, are feeling confident, and can exact some payback this week. totally jealous of all the boardfolk making the trip out!
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

That UW team is very athletic, long and quick. Explosive. But they suck on defense.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

There will be upsets.

Additionally, I look at the USC/uCla winner as a team to scare...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

WSU is not beating Colorado so how do you figure we neutralize Josh Scott? Surely couldn't do it last time we faced CU

As I recall in the crucial 2nd half of that game Josh Scott made about 8 layups in a row because Ristic or Tarc were stuck guarding him with no help whatsoever. Oh I know! we'll do what we always do - more of the same pack line, and then we'll act like its the players fault that they're not enough like Aaron Gordon or RHJ to make it work. :oops:
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

FIRE MILLER!!!!
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

The USC/UCLA game should be interesting. USC beat UCLA at home and away so one would think they would take UCLA down again, but of course Larry Scott needs UCLA to advance to have any chance of getting into the tourney.

So it will be interesting to see if UCLA gets it's "Larry Scott corrupt ref" treatment in this game or if they don't get it, meaning the corrupt ref treatment is generally more of an attack on Arizona than it necessarily is a helping of UCLA.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I think USC will beat UCLA. Neither Trojan victory has been close this season, and USC needs that game to lock up a bid.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Beachcat97 wrote:I think USC will beat UCLA. Neither Trojan victory has been close this season, and USC needs that game to lock up a bid.
19 point win and 14 point win during pac season.

I think the line is only usc -2 so it seems like (at least in my opinion) the line has built in significant ref shenanigans...
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

SCCats wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:I think USC will beat UCLA. Neither Trojan victory has been close this season, and USC needs that game to lock up a bid.
19 point win and 14 point win during pac season.

I think the line is only usc -2 so it seems like (at least in my opinion) the line has built in significant ref shenanigans...
Sure. But UCLA has really struggled to guard SC. If SC plays an average game and has even a little extra wind in its sails -- being the postseason and all -- I think the Trojans win by 5 to 10. UCLA has been circling the drain for a while.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Rooting against Stanford. Nothing redeemable about their team or coach. Get rid of them early.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CatsbyAZ wrote:Rooting against Stanford. Nothing redeemable about their team or coach. Get rid of them early.
Finding it harder and harder to understand why Dawkins is still at Stanford. It's going nowhere.
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

RiseAndFire wrote:WSU is not beating Colorado so how do you figure we neutralize Josh Scott? Surely couldn't do it last time we faced CU

As I recall in the crucial 2nd half of that game Josh Scott made about 8 layups in a row because Ristic or Tarc were stuck guarding him with no help whatsoever. Oh I know! we'll do what we always do - more of the same pack line, and then we'll act like its the players fault that they're not enough like Aaron Gordon or RHJ to make it work. :oops:
The layups and 5 foot shots by Roberts were mostly due to our guards having a horrible game and giving up penetration over and over. How many times did Scott catch the ball five to ten feet from the hoop? Our guards gave Roberts a career night.

Then against Cal, Trier and Kadeem drew 5 charges and were deamons in 1 on 1 defense. Can our guards figure out how to defend pick and roll? If so we should handle CSU easily.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

That and bring help over on Scott when he gets the ball. Make other players get the W for the Buffs. If those other scrubs can get it done then good on them.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

here we go!

our annual five weeks of lost productivity beckons :D
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

CatsbyAZ wrote:Rooting against Stanford. Nothing redeemable about their team or coach. Get rid of them early.
Except for notching one of Bill Self's double digit seed losses. They'll always have that going for them.
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

Three rows behind the bench! Love the seats!!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

On my way. Boarding right now. VCF let's have a beer at tip
Of USC/UCLA. I'm buying
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Lookin good Stanford :lol:
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

SCCats wrote:The USC/UCLA game should be interesting. USC beat UCLA at home and away so one would think they would take UCLA down again, but of course Larry Scott needs UCLA to advance to have any chance of getting into the tourney.

So it will be interesting to see if UCLA gets it's "Larry Scott corrupt ref" treatment in this game or if they don't get it, meaning the corrupt ref treatment is generally more of an attack on Arizona than it necessarily is a helping of UCLA.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

Currently watching a month old rerun of the ASU-OSU bball game instead of the tourney. Thanks Larry Scott.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Fuskies out big early.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

So 3 games in a row to finish the season Stanford gets absolutely demolished within the first 5 minutes.

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Looks like everyone is in for some fun over the next three days. Only 50 fouls called in the first game of the tourney.

Keep your head up and take it on the chin. Only those that look the other way may survive.

Next!
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Correction - 52 fouls :!:
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Howland to Stanford?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'm kind of rooting for Oregon St to do well and get a bid into the tourney

(Mostly because I love hearing announcers say the word tinkle)
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Wait, wait, wait a god damn minute.......The Pac-12 tournament is on the Pac-12 Network regional channels? What is this horse shit?
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

see you tomorrow, 'rado
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

So the 2016 "Payback" Tournament begins tomorrow ...

Won't be in Vegas until late Friday. Better late than never.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

azgreg wrote:Wait, wait, wait a god damn minute.......The Pac-12 tournament is on the Pac-12 Network regional channels? What is this horse shit?
It's #firelarryscott for massive mishandling of the pac channel.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

dirtbags wrote:see you tomorrow, 'rado
Already had a CU fan talk shit. Told him good luck going forward and he said they don't need luck against AZ. F them
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

UCLA's jerseys look absolutely horrible. Intramural like
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

The refs really have to get on this and start lighting up these USC players with some phantom fouls before the half ends...
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

what time? thank you
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CBCat wrote:
what time? thank you
3:30-3:40 Arizona time. Depending on when the first game ends

CBCat

Post by CBCat »

thank you. so the 230 game pacific time. have to record so thank you
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

How much is Larry Scott paying Bill? It feels like he's talking him up more than usual.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:Currently watching a month old rerun of the ASU-OSU bball game instead of the tourney. Thanks Larry Scott.
I bailed on that for the NAMBLA episode of South Park. I feel like I made the right call.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

AZCatGirl wrote:How much is Larry Scott paying Bill? It feels like he's talking him up more than usual.
This and Bill really pimps himself out for everyone.......will be so glad when he's done. He has become painful to listen to.....although he seems to be actually talking about the game this time which is nice.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

azgreg wrote:Wait, wait, wait a god damn minute.......The Pac-12 tournament is on the Pac-12 Network regional channels? What is this horse shit?
The opposite, it is ONLY on the national feed, unless a team from your region is currently playing.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I bet that guy sitting next to Larry Scott is bleeding from more than just his nose.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Sage&Silver wrote:
The opposite, it is ONLY on the national feed, unless a team from your region is currently playing.
Does anyone in AZ with Cox get the P12 national feed?

It shows up on my channel guide as Channel 70 (SD) and 1070 (HD), but I do not receive it. I called Cox and Customer Service said I should receive it based on my package, but that it shows on their 'system' as Ch 334 (which does not even show up on my channel list).

They connected me to Technical support, who said they do not show either 70/1070 -OR- 334/1334 as channels - and do not reflect any P12 channel in their lineup other than P12AZ (75, 1075)... which I have always gotten.

I have been meaning to call about this before but have not remembered to do it during business hours until today.

WTF?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Wife disconnected the sports pack because she "remembered" that thats what we did last year, since all of Arizona's games are "now on regular cable".

She forgot to ask, and forgot about the Pac-12 tourney, and since it became march...well...

oh well.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Based on tonight's performances so far this tournament could get very interesting.

1. Washington looked great. They have been up and down but the talent is there. Is it likely they beat Oregon? Probably not? But it's certainly possible. I am not sleeping on the Huskies.

2. USC destroying UCLA. Another team that I feel can win another game if they're hot. If they can carry this over against Utah there's a chance for an upset. I think Washington over Oregon is more realistic than USC over Utah, but either can happen.

3. ZONA and RADO. Man, tough matchup for us. Miller has to be finding a way to stop Josh Scott. Obviously the key to the game. Id try to go right at him and get him in foul trouble (especially with so many whistles being reported). I hope Zeus can step up and guard this guy, but in the past he has killed us.
If we can contain Scott and our guards play halfway decent I think we get the win. But I'm nervous.

My predictions:
Washington over Oregon in an upset
Utah over USC....but could be closer than we expected
Zona over RADO in a dogfight.
az91

Post by az91 »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:Currently watching a month old rerun of the ASU-OSU bball game instead of the tourney. Thanks Larry Scott.
They are repeating that same game on the PAC-12 channel now. Why not use that channel to show the actual games?
Last edited by az91 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sage&Silver

Post by Sage&Silver »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Sage&Silver wrote:
Does anyone in AZ with Cox get the P12 national feed?

It shows up on my channel guide as Channel 70 (SD) and 1070 (HD), but I do not receive it. I called Cox and Customer Service said I should receive it based on my package, but that it shows on their 'system' as Ch 334 (which does not even show up on my channel list).

They connected me to Technical support, who said they do not show either 70/1070 -OR- 334/1334 as channels - and do not reflect any P12 channel in their lineup other than P12AZ (75, 1075)... which I have always gotten.

I have been meaning to call about this before but have not remembered to do it during business hours until today.

WTF?
70 and 1070 are for Tucson COX customers only. It is a free weekend, like they do with HBO sometimes.

According to Wilner, COX does not offer the national feed in Arizona or Southern California, not even at a super-premium $10,000 a month tier.

I think COX realized they were going to catch a lot of flack in Tucson for Larry's mismanagement, and chose to give everyone (in Tucson) the National feed for a few days.

Phoenix, LA and San Diego PAC12 fans are out of luck.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

Longhorned wrote:I bet that guy sitting next to Larry Scott is bleeding from more than just his nose.
It's disappointingly hard to find a clip online of our fans booing the hell out of Larry during the trophy ceremony last year.