Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Jefe

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by Jefe »

97cats wrote:my fingers are crossed, are yours?
Your avatar isnt working anymore. Gave up on beisbol?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Whatever it is, I cant imagine the staff knowingly let him do it. He has too much to lose
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

That site that everyone hates is quickly posting rumors and deleting them as fast as they post them...and it's coming from the owner of the site...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Azgirl

Post by Azgirl »

I, for one, am grateful that the Allonzo Trier situation was brought to light. That is what I always felt a board was for, to inform its members. Thanks.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Azgirl wrote:I, for one, am grateful that the Allonzo Trier situation was brought to light. That is what I always felt a board was for, to inform its members. Thanks.
Welcome to the Madness!

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:That site that everyone hates is quickly posting rumors and deleting them as fast as they post them...and it's coming from the owner of the site...
Here's the latest rumor I've heard:

Trier may not be suspended, but there's a possibility he may be suspended for some or all of the coming year. Rumors are that NCAA rules permit only one L in the name Alonzo, so I feel some mourning is in order.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Olsondogg wrote:
I'd rather focus on finding out who made the decision to ruin the basketball program's uniforms. That is insider info I'd appreciate.

http://about.nike.com/pages/executives" target="_blank
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Eff Slusher
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Olsondogg wrote:Eff Slusher
Eff him or his daddy?

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Eff his 4 year old son, cause he clearly made the design decisions...cause they fit along with what mine sees as "really cool, daddy".
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

As always, thank you for the detailed run-down, 97cats!
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

I feel like we lucked out with the Rawle situation and the NCAA clearing him. Is lucking out with Trier asking for too much this time?
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Is it something like this?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ded-season" target="_blank
CatFan1399

Post by CatFan1399 »

If I'm reading the clues correctly, I'm guessing PEDs hence the reason 97Cats elected to list specific illegal substances versus just saying that it wasn't drug related. NCAA policy stars that a player that tests positive for PEDs is banned from play for 365 days from the date of the test. Appeals by the athletic institution could result in reducing the suspension, reversing the suspension, or upholding the suspension.

Am I on the right track in my logic? The wait/uncertainty has to do with the university's appeal. Perhaps the player took the banned substance unknowingly?

Thanks as always to 97Cats and all for sharing their insight.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

CatFan1399 wrote:If I'm reading the clues correctly, I'm guessing PEDs hence the reason 97Cats elected to list specific illegal substances versus just saying that it wasn't drug related. NCAA policy stars that a player that tests positive for PEDs is banned from play for 365 days from the date of the test. Appeals by the athletic institution could result in reducing the suspension, reversing the suspension, or upholding the suspension.

Am I on the right track in my logic? The wait/uncertainty has to do with the university's appeal. Perhaps the player took the banned substance unknowingly?

That is what I'm thinking as well. They had no hesitancy in ruining Will Grier's career/life over something he bought legally over-the-counter.
Azgirl

Post by Azgirl »

Are there any cases known which the sentence was reduced for PED?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Since you guys are going there, in reference to some of what's been posted above:

While the NCAA tests athletes randomly throughout the year, athletes are also subject to testing from their schools. But the thing is, those school testing programs can be designed however the schools want. Some schools will ban players for a few games on the first offense, while others just let them off with a warning. In 2012, the Associated Press reported that players at Notre Dame and Alabama didn't automatically miss games for testing positive for steroids: football coaches themselves had "wide discretion" to tailor punishments at Alabama, while Notre Dame's student-athlete handbook said that a player who failed a test could return to the field once the steroids in question were out of his system. Had Florida administered Grier's test, he likely would have just been suspended for one game.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CatFan1399 wrote:If I'm reading the clues correctly, I'm guessing PEDs hence the reason 97Cats elected to list specific illegal substances versus just saying that it wasn't drug related. NCAA policy stars that a player that tests positive for PEDs is banned from play for 365 days from the date of the test. Appeals by the athletic institution could result in reducing the suspension, reversing the suspension, or upholding the suspension.

http://www.ncaa.org/health-and-safety/p ... ug-testing" target="_blank

This is the NCAA policy FAQ. I would think if there was a really appealable situation, the missed test would be the major, not the positive test. As 05 said, the accidental ingestion doesn't seem to get athletes anywhere.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Olsondogg wrote:Since you guys are going there, in reference to some of what's been posted above:

While the NCAA tests athletes randomly throughout the year, athletes are also subject to testing from their schools. But the thing is, those school testing programs can be designed however the schools want. Some schools will ban players for a few games on the first offense, while others just let them off with a warning. In 2012, the Associated Press reported that players at Notre Dame and Alabama didn't automatically miss games for testing positive for steroids: football coaches themselves had "wide discretion" to tailor punishments at Alabama, while Notre Dame's student-athlete handbook said that a player who failed a test could return to the field once the steroids in question were out of his system. Had Florida administered Grier's test, he likely would have just been suspended for one game.
Probably one of the bigger BS rules/way too harsh rules that the NCAA has. If someone can buy this over the counter than how can you kick them out of a sport for a year? I understand they are banned, dangerous, whatever. But suspend the player for a game and then move on. This is zero tolerance policy for something that can be bought over the counter is nuts. They only have 4 years of eligibility. They wouldn't even let Grier have a redshirt season so that he could transfer. Really, really harsh.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Ah school test. Gotta pass those, but you can convince people for make up tests.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

So IF it is as speculated, the details matter...to put it in basketball terms, involving an "illegal" substance:

Three years ago, Michigan basketball player Mitch McGary was suspended for a year for testing positive for marijuana during the NCAA Tournament. McGary wasn't even playing in the tournament, as he was out with an injury, but he also was unlucky with timing. He would not have missed any games on his first positive test and wouldn't have been suspended for a season until his third positive test. But because he was suspended for a year by the NCAA, he was essentially forced to leave school early. Which means that the NCAA's penalty wasn't just unfairly harsh; it was counterproductive to the association's stated educational mission.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Olsondogg wrote:So IF it is as speculated, the details matter...to put it in basketball terms, involving an "illegal" substance:

Three years ago, Michigan basketball player Mitch McGary was suspended for a year for testing positive for marijuana during the NCAA Tournament. McGary wasn't even playing in the tournament, as he was out with an injury, but he also was unlucky with timing. He would not have missed any games on his first positive test and wouldn't have been suspended for a season until his third positive test. But because he was suspended for a year by the NCAA, he was essentially forced to leave school early. Which means that the NCAA's penalty wasn't just unfairly harsh; it was counterproductive to the association's stated educational mission.
Right. If this is indeed what is happening. What would Trier's reasons for even going to class be this year?
CatFan1399

Post by CatFan1399 »

Olsondogg wrote:So IF it is as speculated, the details matter...to put it in basketball terms, involving an "illegal" substance:

The next time that the NCAA makes a wise decision that is in a player's best interest might be the first of its kind. I hope this works out for Trier, but I'm worried.
prh

Post by prh »

UofAlum05 wrote:

Right. If this is indeed what is happening. What would Trier's reasons for even going to class be this year?
He'd just go join Ferguson in Australia
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Well again...IF this is the case, it is a school test or NCAA. If it was Arizona dealing with a test, they are probably discussing a penalty (if any). If it is NCAA, is he allowed to play pending appeal? The reasons he has for going to class are simple, the APR being one of them, but I get the point.

If you want me to speculate on speculation, it is not an NCAA test...but that's just a guess.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CatFan1399 wrote:

The next time that the NCAA makes a wise decision that is in a player's best interest might be the first of its kind. I hope this works out for Trier, but I'm worried.
You can go the Miami football route and hope the NCAA botches the investigation so bad that they just have to ignore whatever you did to resolve it short of them getting embarassed even more.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Olsondogg wrote:Well again...IF this is the case, it is a school test or NCAA. If it was Arizona dealing with a test, they are probably discussing a penalty (if any). If it is NCAA, is he allowed to play pending appeal? The reasons he has for going to class are simple, the APR being one of them, but I get the point.

If you want me to speculate on speculation, it is not an NCAA test...but that's just a guess.
If I had to guess I would say it was the NCAA test. They let Josiah Turner play after failing 3 drug tests, it was the 4th where Miller finally put his foot down. From what 97 was saying it looks like the NCAA is involved and my guess is that it is their test.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

UofAlum05 wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Well again...IF this is the case, it is a school test or NCAA. If it was Arizona dealing with a test, they are probably discussing a penalty (if any). If it is NCAA, is he allowed to play pending appeal? The reasons he has for going to class are simple, the APR being one of them, but I get the point.

If I had to guess I would say it was the NCAA test. They let Josiah Turner play after failing 3 drug tests, it was the 4th where Miller finally put his foot down. From what 97 was saying it looks like the NCAA is involved and my guess is that it is their test.
Then stop crossing fingers...
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I wouldn't think the staff would be confident about the outcome on an NCAA dirty test unless it has a really, really good backstory...

But, then again, it might not be this at all...

Project still frozen...
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

My guess is that it involved a hard cheese never to be grated.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

EVCat wrote:I wouldn't think the staff would be confident about the outcome on an NCAA dirty test unless it has a really, really good backstory...

But, then again, it might not be this at all...

Project still frozen...
That's why I tossed out missing a test. If he tested positive on an NCAA test, I can't believe anyone would think there's a great chance that the NCAA will show mercy. If he missed a test and separately submitted a negative test through the school, I could see a pretty good argument for excusing the miss.

Or it could be something else entirely.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

NCAA drug policy

The NCAA tests a random sample of athletes at each member school once or twice a year, and during postseason play.

• First failed test: Athletes are selected at random once or twice a year. Failed tests result in a yearlong ban from competition.

UA drug policy

• First failed test: Athletes must meet with their coach and a member of the athletic department to discuss drug use. All athletes who test positive must attend a counseling class and face further testing for a year.

• Second failed test: Athletes are suspended for 10 percent of their team's total number of games.

• Third failed test: Athletes are removed from the team and their scholarship benefits are canceled for one year. They may appeal.
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

Makes sense it was PEDs. Alonzo would have been the *one* player tested on Arizona's team. If you look at his picture shown on WA, posing yesterday with Book, Trier looked like he had a perfectly toned body. More so than I might have imagined possible.

Alonzo might have been thinking "League."

It also makes sense that the NCAA will not let AT off unscathed and, if I had to guess, he'll lose half a season, at a minimum.

It's amazing the mistakes we human beings involve ourselves with. Everything is always cool until you get caught.

I am surprised to read "alcohol" is on the NCAA list as a banned substance.

Seems like that 'rule' is not enforced.
Last edited by Hank of sb on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

I think he said hes down to 5% body fat
az91

Post by az91 »

Wow, this is potentially terrible news. The program seems somewhat snake bitten after losing Ray Smith to an ACL injury last year and now possibly Trier for a bad test.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

az91 wrote:Wow, this is potentially terrible news. The program seems somewhat snake bitten after losing Ray Smith to an ACL injury last year and now possibly Trier for a bad test.
is that really as far back as you can go?
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Longhorned wrote:
az91 wrote:Wow, this is potentially terrible news. The program seems somewhat snake bitten after losing Ray Smith to an ACL injury last year and now possibly Trier for a bad test.
It has been a lot longer than Sevun. This is a bunch of BS.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

UofAlum05 wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
It has been a lot longer than Sevun. This is a bunch of BS.
Was just thinking about this last night. We really need to contact dude who placed the Sevun curse and send him a fruit basket or something. This is unreal
Last edited by Main Event on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

It's cause he really said "Sevun (whisper) teen"
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:
Elite Eight vs Utah or Gilbert's shoulder vs Michigan State. Those would be my official starting points for the run of bad luck.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

dinner at Morton's with George Karl -- thats when it all started for me
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

It's really gonna suck when Miller leaves for that lousy NBA team soon...
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Olsondogg wrote:It's cause he really said "Sevun (whisper) teen"
The BS behind this stupid curse is that it has affected the football team now. WTH did those guys do to deserve this?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

UofAlum05 wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:It's cause he really said "Sevun (whisper) teen"
The BS behind this stupid curse is that it has affected the football team now. WTH did those guys do to deserve this?
Gardner vs. Walton, I believe.
TFCATFAN

Post by TFCATFAN »

97cats wrote:dinner at Morton's with George Karl -- thats when it all started for me
Was it just a dinner? I had always heard there was a full on game plan handed over. That was a team of destiny too.... :evil:

Other tragedies for me include Gibert's shoulder...Reeves and Stoudamire throwing up bricks against Arkansas in the 2nd half...being 1-3 vs. Wisconsin in the NCAA's...That time that thing happened in that place we shall not speak of about 11 years ago...Jay Williams using Gardner as a boogie board...

A bunch of missed shots at the end of Elite 8 games...

God we need a Final Four!
gumby

Post by gumby »

97cats wrote:dinner at Morton's with George Karl -- thats when it all started for me
Plus, it brought us Triangle and Too.
Right where I want to be.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I just wish I had become a fan at some point before 2002 so I would have some first hand experience of knowing the final 4 and beyond successes...
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

scumdevils86 wrote:I just wish I had become a fan at some point before 2002 so I would have some first hand experience of knowing the final 4 and beyond successes...
That's heartbreaking, scumdevil. We're a FF program who hasn't been there in a very long time.

So what's the word on Trier?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

TFCATFAN wrote: Was it just a dinner? I had always heard there was a full on game plan handed over.
it was dinner -- and a full on game plan was articulated, explained, diagrammed, and delivered on the back of a cocktail napkin.

no joke
97cats

Post by 97cats »

gumby wrote: Plus, it brought us Triangle and Too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fuck me -- talk about punishment

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: