Now when will the Dominos fall

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Azgirl

Now when will the Dominos fall

Post by Azgirl »

with our Visitors who came and saw what Arizona is about??? Who will be the first?
Spaceman Spiff

Re: Now when will the Dominos fall

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Hard to imagine a recruit not being rock hard for Arizona basketball after tonight
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Going to be hard to beat the Rawle dunk over Miller though. They better start working on it.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Had never watched this Red/Blue game...

1. Thought the production value (on TV - may have been different live) was average to poor
2. The dunk contest was terrible. Granted a few nice dunks, but overall a ton of bad ones and a ton of misses
3. The game was interesting and the highlight of the night, I suppose.

Take away needs more production value. Pimp the program more - less dunk contest.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

enfuego wrote: 2. The dunk contest was terrible. Granted a few nice dunks, but overall a ton of bad ones and a ton of misses
Outside of Rawley's, I imagine the recruits thought they could do better than most attempts.

But on a high note, Sean Miller didn't come out in chaps.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

enfuego wrote: Take away needs more production value. Pimp the program more - less dunk contest.
Our University has chosen to not take that route. It is below us. You come to play at Arizona because of who we are, not which chaps we wear.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Much like enfuego's enduring love for all things Arizona basketball, the assless chaps jokes will never die.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

CSM has mentioned before that he prefers an austere R/B event because it's supposed to be for and about the players. that's why you won't see our guys doing hokey skits, scrimmaging at midnight, or being forced to gawk at a 50-somewhat year old saunter around the court in assless chaps.

i was hoping to see someone try and hit that insane aaron gordon under-the-legs/over-the-mascot-in-seated-position dunk, though.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

I'd guess we'll have a few by Friday
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I could never imagaine watching another teams inter squad exhibition game

Weird...
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:I could never imagaine watching another teams inter squad exhibition game

Weird...
You haven't lived!!!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
az91

Post by az91 »

enfuego wrote:Had never watched this Red/Blue game...

1. Thought the production value (on TV - may have been different live) was average to poor
2. The dunk contest was terrible. Granted a few nice dunks, but overall a ton of bad ones and a ton of misses
3. The game was interesting and the highlight of the night, I suppose.

Take away needs more production value. Pimp the program more - less dunk contest.

This is one of your most fair and balanced posts to this board. I do think the production value was a bit lacking on television, and the game was interesting. For the most part, the dunk contest was painful to watch.
Azgirl

Post by Azgirl »

Let me say this....since no came out and said "It's Arizona for me" that we thought would've or could've, I say forget them and move on. Perhaps not for Walker cause we were late coming in on him, however on Lee, I say move on....especially since we have a shot at others.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Lee and Walker are very likely to commit to AZ.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Azgirl wrote:Let me say this....since no came out and said "It's Arizona for me" that we thought would've or could've, I say forget them and move on. Perhaps not for Walker cause we were late coming in on him, however on Lee, I say move on....especially since we have a shot at others.
I think that's a silly stance. Let the kids go home at least and talk to their family/mentors. If UA is the place for them, they'll pull the trigger.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:
Azgirl wrote:Let me say this....since no came out and said "It's Arizona for me" that we thought would've or could've, I say forget them and move on. Perhaps not for Walker cause we were late coming in on him, however on Lee, I say move on....especially since we have a shot at others.
I think that's a silly stance. Let the kids go home at least and talk to their family/mentors. If UA is the place for them, they'll pull the trigger.

Exactly, since the kids cannot sign the NLI without their parents signature(s). How many recruits have the Cats lost over the years since Helicopter Mom/Dad wanted them to go elsewhere?
az91

Post by az91 »

Let's hope none of the recruits watched the debacle on Saturday against USC.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

az91 wrote:Let's hope none of the recruits watched the debacle on Saturday against USC.
Like the 20 or more that were in attendance?

EDIT: Thought you meant the football recruits. I know some hoops recruits were in attendance, maybe not all.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hopefully we had a plan B and got them out of there at halftime.
Azgirl

Post by Azgirl »

Chicat and Merkin, point well taken.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Ummm no.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

dirtbags wrote:CSM has mentioned before that he prefers an austere R/B event because it's supposed to be for and about the players. that's why you won't see our guys doing hokey skits, scrimmaging at midnight, or being forced to gawk at a 50-somewhat year old saunter around the court in assless chaps..

And clearly that is not working for Miller.

I mean, it wasn't until this year that he got his #1 target. That staid thinking is why he only gets a top 5 recruiting class every year. His out of touch view will keep us mired in a world of the national #3, 10, 17, 27, and 31* player each class

* Numbers are for sarcastic example purposes and may not exactly match any single of of CSMs top 5 classes
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

We really don't, and Ira is announcing this week. Gotta be patient lol
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Merkin wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Exactly, since the kids cannot sign the NLI without their parents signature(s). How many recruits have the Cats lost over the years since Helicopter Mom/Dad wanted them to go elsewhere?
Rick Rickert and Davis Nwankwo immediately come to mind.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Read that McCoy is likely to commit to UA. If true, that's one salty frontcourt Miller is putting together. And after watching Randolph over the summer, he was one kid I wished KU would land.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

enfuego wrote:Read that McCoy is likely to commit to UA. If true, that's one salty frontcourt Miller is putting together. And after watching Randolph over the summer, he was one kid I wished KU would land.
I think someone has kidnapped enfuego
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

enfuego wrote:Read that McCoy is likely to commit to UA. If true, that's one salty frontcourt Miller is putting together. And after watching Randolph over the summer, he was one kid I wished KU would land.
I'll give you props when you do post something legit. The thought of Ayton and McCoy together is pretty enticing. Throw in Randolph and hopefully one more wing, mix with a few returners and I'm ready.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
I'll give you props when you do post something legit. The thought of Ayton and McCoy together is pretty enticing. Throw in Randolph and hopefully one more wing, mix with a few returners and I'm ready.
PJC/Simmons/Barcello*
Walker/Randolph/D. Smith*
R. Smith/Alkins
Ayton/Comanche/Lee*
McCoy/Ristic

* = Likely won't see the court

Please god, please
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

az91 wrote:Let's hope none of the recruits watched the debacle on Saturday against USC.
that should've convinced them resoundingly that we are a basketball school :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Azgirl wrote:Chicat and Merkin, point well taken.
Dammit Azgirl, I was about to hit you with the "no one committed at Kentucky's midnight madness" zinger but you had to go and get all reasonable on me. Don't you know that this is the interwebs where you're supposed to double down on whatever take you had? ;)
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
PJC/Simmons/Barcello*
R. Smith/Alkins
Ayton/Comanche/Lee*
McCoy/Ristic

Please god, please
Jesus. I'd be pretty surprised if Alkins, Simmons, and Smith are all back next season. But yes...please god, please.
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
PJC/Simmons/Barcello*
R. Smith/Alkins
Ayton/Comanche/Lee*
McCoy/Ristic

Please god, please
That would be awesome, but hard to envision any scenario where a freshman starts over alkins.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

I believe Pinder has 2 years so somebody would have to move on. Or be a walk on under that scenario. I'm of the opinion that only Lauri and Trier leave early (along w Talbots and Allen graduation) so unless someone like PJC transfers I don't see room. But Ristic could go back overseas if he's in danger of losing his starting spot to Ayton (which unless they play next to each other he likely will) so I'd say we r safe taking 6 in this class. In a few days we will have 4 of them. After that we just need McCoy and Walker on board.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I'm still very concerned about MSU and USC in regards to McCoy. Fingers crossed though.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

How many can you spot?

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
PJC/Simmons/Barcello*
R. Smith/Alkins
Ayton/Comanche/Lee*
McCoy/Ristic

Please god, please
Jesus. I'd be pretty surprised if Alkins, Simmons, and Smith are all back next season. But yes...please god, please.
I'm not so sure if that's reasonable. Alkins or Smith plus Simmons. I would take that.

The above roster is almost too stacked. I already worry about Lee, but if we're not starting Kobi or Rawle...that's a little much. We need a legit pg (I still need to see PJC actually be that guy before I believe), but wing depth with two returners should be fine. If we have two returners, we have those guys plus D. Smith and Randolph, which is good.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

We all know that "too much" at Arizona turns out to be just right or not enough. Injuries, transfers, guys bailing at the last minute, guys leaving early, etc. There is almost always going to be a guy who goes against common sense and good advice for the NBA draft and ends up going in the 2nd round. The curveball in all of this if Trier. is on the losing side of whatever it is he is going through right now. If he loses the whole season, it would be asinine to enter a historically deep draft without playing. Of course, he could go overseas, but there is no guarantee he or his mother would like that. Obviously it is better than nothing at all, but is it in his best interest to go there in a different type of game where a certain type of player is going to shine more vs. staying here in front of constant attention from scouts and execs and ball/comp that would suit him better.