2016-17 new uniforms

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dirtbags

Re: 2016-17 new uniforms

Post by dirtbags »

Macho Grande wrote:A local high school team here in San Antonio with the same same colors as UofA started using the gradients on their football jersey's this year. Couldn't help but laugh a little when I noticed it.

steal us a couple of running backs, man! :D
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

They suck.

But they don't suck as bad as I thought.

Not buying any though.

If they win the chipper, that could change.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

In a way it reminds me of these uniforms worn during the Damon, reeves era. I tried posting the picture but here is the link

http://www.coolchaser.com/graphics/832446

Obviously minus the striping and gradient but while watching the game on tv it didn't look that bad minus the stupid white stripes down the side. I actually the the style of shorts to buy for myself to wear but would prefer a more traditional looking uniform. But hey who cares we need to be focused on Michigan State then some stupid gradient
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Uniforms look perfectly fine on tv to me. Time to put away the sleeping pills and razor blades I guess...
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote:Uniforms look perfectly fine on tv to me. Time to put away the sleeping pills and razor blades I guess...
Well, there you have it.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Uniforms look perfectly fine on tv to me. Time to put away the sleeping pills and razor blades I guess...
Well, there you have it.
I mean you can still kill yourself over it if you want.

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

No, no. The Oracle has spoken. Nothing left to discuss here.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You we're going to kill yourself?

http://www.beardownwildcats.com/viewtop ... =13&t=3987" target="_blank
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

They do look better up close than in pictures. Still not overly sold on them.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Looked awful to me. Unless the standard for fine is mostly using team colors and fully covering the genitals.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

"Do you think I'm pretty?"

"Baby, you're just fine when you're moving around really fast at a distance. That's what you're made for!"
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

HATER has spoken, it's time to move on.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Just wait until the uni's for the MSU game are released...I'll be called "unpatriotic".
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azgreg wrote:HATER has spoken, it's time to move on.
i'm loving the double standard. you're allowed to hate the uniforms and have your opinion, but when i tell people i disagree with their opinions and that they're whining over the silliest thing ever, everyone else has spoken and no further discussion is allowed.

TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

I think you mean Dr. HATER, M.D.
Formerly McLurvin
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

We're going to lose in March in spectacular heartbreaking fashion because you aren't allowed to win in these ugly uniforms. The college football gods didn't let it happen to Oregon. Gradient is stupid as hell, but if you're going to do it why not as a stripe on the side?

It would be SAD! If it weren't so predictable to see what's going to happen.

-> have classic uniforms

-> radical/change of uniform design

-> go back to cool classic uniforms look

-> another uniform design changes, even more radical

- > go back to classic uniforms look

-> Repeat

Can't wait a couple of years until everyone realizes the new designs aged terribly (difference from the simple classic look that ages well) and we go back to the classic uniforms and they try to sell it like it's new and exciting! Retro is cool! Look were honoring our heritage/history! Now go buy the new old jerseys and gear.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
i'm loving the double standard. you're allowed to hate the uniforms and have your opinion, but when i tell people i disagree with their opinions and that they're whining over the silliest thing ever, everyone else has spoken and no further discussion is allowed.
I, too, don't give a shit about the unis.

But can you really not see the difference in simply saying that and going to the 2nd part of your sentence?

"but when i tell people i disagree with their opinions""...good so far. You disagree with their hatred of the unis or feeling they have significance. Man, I am right with you. If the 18 year olds coming here like them, I like them. They can play in space suits or with orange hunting vests or whatever as long as players like them.

"and that they're whining over the silliest thing ever..."....and this is why people are jumping on you. Because you jumped on them. Something they care about, something they invest in, for a program they support and needs their support and craves their support, is fkd up in their opinion...they have voiced their displeasure, which is exactly what they should do, here and on Byrne's Twitter and in the bookstore and wherever else their opinion can be measured

But they are "whining over the silliest thing ever" and other comments inferring you have it all figured out and they are a bunch of idiots. A position you have doubled and tripled down on.

And you are surprised people are taking you to task?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TheBlackLodge wrote:
I thought he was the coroner... :?:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:
TheBlackLodge wrote:
Ray Smith's ghost had a pretty nice jump shot the other night.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'm going to simply complain about people complaining. Double Standards from the FAILING posters. Sad!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
TheBlackLodge wrote:
Ray Smith's ghost had a pretty nice jump shot the other night.
May his soul rest in peace...
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Still don't like the white jerseys but the reds and blues looked really good up close in person
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

This is how this topic makes me feel.

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Yea the reds and blues both look alright in action. Obviously they pale in comparison to the unis that preceded them, but not barf worthy as they seemed on my computer screen in pictures. Still hoping this is only a one-year thing and some changes are made in the future, but this younger generation has some wild taste.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I'd agree with this take. In still photos the whites look least bad, but in video the reds and blues are better. And they don't give off the purple rainbow vibe like the football ones do, so there's that.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

EVCat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
I, too, don't give a shit about the unis.

But can you really not see the difference in simply saying that and going to the 2nd part of your sentence?

"but when i tell people i disagree with their opinions""...good so far. You disagree with their hatred of the unis or feeling they have significance. Man, I am right with you. If the 18 year olds coming here like them, I like them. They can play in space suits or with orange hunting vests or whatever as long as players like them.

"and that they're whining over the silliest thing ever..."....and this is why people are jumping on you. Because you jumped on them. Something they care about, something they invest in, for a program they support and needs their support and craves their support, is fkd up in their opinion...they have voiced their displeasure, which is exactly what they should do, here and on Byrne's Twitter and in the bookstore and wherever else their opinion can be measured

But they are "whining over the silliest thing ever" and other comments inferring you have it all figured out and they are a bunch of idiots. A position you have doubled and tripled down on.

And you are surprised people are taking you to task?
Where do I go to subscribe to your newsletter?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

rgdeuce wrote:Yea the reds and blues both look alright in action. Obviously they pale in comparison to the unis that preceded them, but not barf worthy as they seemed on my computer screen in pictures. Still hoping this is only a one-year thing and some changes are made in the future, but this younger generation has some wild taste.
I am actually seeing some strategic significance to the new uniforms.

Kudos to Nike for playing off of people's newfound fear of clowns.
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

Chicat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Yea the reds and blues both look alright in action. Obviously they pale in comparison to the unis that preceded them, but not barf worthy as they seemed on my computer screen in pictures. Still hoping this is only a one-year thing and some changes are made in the future, but this younger generation has some wild taste.
I am actually seeing some strategic significance to the new uniforms.

Kudos to Nike for playing off of people's newfound fear of clowns.
Newfound fear? The fear of clowns is as old as time itself.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

:lol: :lol: @ the built-in shinguard on those KD's. I'm glad I grew up in the golden era of sneakers.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote::lol: :lol: @ the built-in shinguard on those KD's. I'm glad I grew up in the golden era of sneakers.
There's a case to be made that basketball sneakers achieved their all time peak between 1993-97. I would agree with that case.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

rgdeuce wrote::lol: :lol: @ the built-in shinguard on those KD's. I'm glad I grew up in the golden era of sneakers.

?
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Love the new unis. Seriously.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Just off the top of my head.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

You missed the shoe Mike Bibby made legendary in the 97 NCAAs

Plus Griffey Air Max 1's and Diamond Turfs (Deion). I could keep going but I wont.
Junior

Post by Junior »

EOCT wrote:Love the new unis. Seriously.
I wasn't sure about them but I really liked the blue unis from the Red/Blue game. I'm still not sure about the white ones, the reds are ok with me.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I can't believe I forgot Reebok Questions. The Foamposites, I'm never sure about. Sometimes I like them, sometimes...ehh. The 11-13 run of Air Jordans may have been the strongest 3 year period for Jordans ever.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I can't believe I forgot Reebok Questions. The Foamposites, I'm never sure about. Sometimes I like them, sometimes...ehh. The 11-13 run of Air Jordans may have been the strongest 3 year period for Jordans ever.
That 11-13 was a nice three year run, but 3-5, 4-6 >11-13. My freshman season shoes are my personal favorite from that era. They were the first shoes my parents bought me solely for basketball, before that I was playing in whatever I was wearing to school. Found out real quick that the transition from middle school cement to high school wood flooring is rough :lol:

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:I can't believe I forgot Reebok Questions. The Foamposites, I'm never sure about. Sometimes I like them, sometimes...ehh. The 11-13 run of Air Jordans may have been the strongest 3 year period for Jordans ever.
That 11-13 was a nice three year run, but 3-5, 4-6 >11-13. My freshman season shoes are my personal favorite from that era. They were the first shoes my parents bought me solely for basketball, before that I was playing in whatever I was wearing to school. Found out real quick that the transition from middle school cement to high school wood flooring is rough :lol:

My sophmore year of college, the team got the standard team Nike, and for some reason, there were Jordans in my size and no one else's in the Nike shipment. So, everyone else got the generic, and I got these:

I found it extra funny that I got the special pair because I was a complete non-contributor.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
There's a case to be made that basketball sneakers achieved their all time peak between 1993-97. I would agree with that case.
a few years earlier for me, personally:

(i still have these in a box somewhere)

not all basketball, but whatevs. i'd be remiss to leave those agassis off the list :D
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I think it may depend on age. I did own those Bo Jackson's and loved them. I turned 12 in 1993, and that probably has something to do with my feelings.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

for sure. it was sort of about the struggle, too. i had to mow what felt like a billion lawns to save up for those flight '89s in the first pic (and then they were stolen from my locker at school, wtf). similar with the pippens - after i finally scraped together the money to buy them, the stores didn't even have my size anymore so i got the larger pair anyway, which is why i might still be able to wear them today, haha.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

ASUHATER wrote: that post was a rambling mess of nonsense. may god have mercy on your soul.

but in all seriousness, it really makes no sense. you guys get so goddamn offended if the AD absolutely DARES challenge your authority on uniforms. it's childish, immature and makes no damn sense. you can talk about it if you want, but it doesn't make the whining any less childish, immature or nonsensical. if you hate the uniforms (they're just uniforms for crying out loud!!!) so much, then stop being a fan of the team. your argument above is just a giant sh*tstain on this forum for how idiotic it is. good god.
The new uniforms may not be throwbacks, but that post certainly is.

Let's all sit back in our easy chairs and let ASUHATER take us back to those nostalgic days of yore when nobody liked him.

It's OK, you never have to leave. You can stay sentimental for his hateful, intractable, halcyon days forever.

(Just don't ever give up on any Arizona sport before he does. You're meddling with a primal force of nature and you will atone.)
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Great development: this thread is turning into a kickshow! Just shows you every conversation holds promise.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I think it may depend on age. I did own those Bo Jackson's and loved them. I turned 12 in 1993, and that probably has something to do with my feelings.
The Bo Jackson's were nice back in the day. They typically pop up at the Nike Outlets and usually stay on shelves until they hit $40 or so. Pretty much any Nike without a Jumpman on it can be picked up for half of what we paid back then even. All hype with this new generation, but good for us guys in our 30s who want we had or our parents couldn't afford to get us when we were kids.
dirtbags wrote:for sure. it was sort of about the struggle, too. i had to mow what felt like a billion lawns to save up for those flight '89s in the first pic (and then they were stolen from my locker at school, wtf). similar with the pippens - after i finally scraped together the money to buy them, the stores didn't even have my size anymore so i got the larger pair anyway, which is why i might still be able to wear them today, haha.
Yeah, I got $50 every year to spend on shoes and they had to last me the whole school year. If I wanted a pair of Jordan's or anything else I had to put up the other half with my birthday money. I was trying to show out for my friends at a birthday party and wore my Jordan 8's despite my mom telling I couldn't wear them til school started. We ended up swimming at Palo Verde Park pool and of course, they got lifted out of the locker we all had our stuff in. I wanted to cry so bad. I wore a pair of ugly ass $15 Reeboks from Ross until December, when my dad felt bad for me and bought me a pair of Pumps that were marked down.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

rgdeuce wrote: Image
Oh man, I had these Zoom Flights for my senior season in HS. Best basketball shoes ever.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Well all in all that was a pretty crappy day of Arizona Basketball
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Unis were the only thing that weren't a problem.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Burn them.

College BB god enacting their revenge for getting away from classic CATS uni's and pushing the gradient/rainbow/hombre garbage swag.