Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

catgrad97

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by catgrad97 »

Yeah, "shut the hell up and enjoy the water" is a completely sh*tty tautology to anyone who's ever heard of Jim Jones.

Terrible analogy btw. This isn't Africa, and even if it were, Ace doesn't control the sources of water. He's not providing one damn thing besides a complete package of rude, shove-down-your-throat messaging from CEO 101.
Zero

Post by Zero »

The ass kissing some of those clowns give to Ace is embarrassing and sad.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

EVCat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:If I'm Alonzo Trier... I'm pretty pissed off at PGU
I've only been over there a couple of times. I went to look just because this is like a slow moving car wreck, and I cannot imagine what the defense can be when you come out with this kind of news, then start beating your chest that you are "winning", and the news turns out to be wrong. You keep moving the window and eventually you will be right, but only because you changed from when you were wrong and saying Zo is done or Walker is coming to Arizona. Then it is "Zo is cleared, we will have a presser in the next couple of days" to "sometime this week" to "if you were on premium, you'd know. He is rarely wrong" and "Walker fooled everyone" (well, no, Walker didn't fool anyone who didn't say "he is definitely coming to Arizona". Only those people were fooled) to "he has only been wrong 4 times out of 99". Just keep moving the window. It's like celebrating the touchdown at the 1 yard line and losing the points and the ball when you spike it and the other team picks it up. To be clear, I don't follow message board sites. I am here because I feel comfortable here, but whoever has the info, I am going there. I don't marry message boards. I don't hate PGU for any reason other than stuff like what just transpired. But I look over there, and they have this chat thing at the top of the forum front page, and this is a pinned quote from this mess from someone named Ryno

ACE is infinitely more patient than he gets credit for. If you bring water to people in Africa, they are grateful, and they drink the water without asking questions about where it came from. For AZ Fans, ACE brings news (water) that everybody wants and needs, and the kneejerk reaction is to try and discredit the bringer of the water to a thirsty fanbase, and question every aspect about how the water was acquired. Shut the hell up, and enjoy the water.

I don't get this metaphor. It seems to me he got a glass and held it in the sun to create a mirage of water in the glass, handed it to his fan base, and they went to drink it, but nothing came out. What is the "water" in this metaphor? Incorrect information?

And who hates the person who brings them life-sustaining water? This is so bad on so many levels. People become loyal to sites, sometimes absurdly, because the information is so good. Who has been provided information (water) from Ace then attacked him for bringing it? I have seen people attacking him for being wrong, for throwing stuff out there until he hits on one then dancing around based on the one hit, and for his threatening of people IRL. I have never seen anyone attack him for giving good information (water).

"...and question every aspect about how the water was acquired." Yeah, if I am in Flint, I am going to start asking "where the fuck is this water from? It tastes like kerosene." But even then, there was kerosene to fool the drinker. In this case, the glass was full of air, dust, nothing. Nada. A tumbleweed may have rolled out of it.

Even if dude was fuckin' Zonastrodamas, I would worry about a fanbase who exults a message board owner/guy who provides some information about college kids playing hoops like that.
Ace is patient. Ace is kind.

One time, Ace and I were walking on the beach together. I looked back and only saw a single set of footprints.

I asked Ace why he had left me. He told me that was when he was carrying me.

I asked him how he did that, because I'm 195 lb and I never felt him carrying me. He said that I should trust him, that his sources were impeccable.

I asked him why he needed sources to confirm that he'd been carrying me. He implied that the questi9n was slanderous. I told him that I had a JD and I didn't really remember that part. He asked me what my favorite part of the book Lord of the Flies was, then ran off.

I didn't feel like I was any closer to knowing Allonzo Trier's status.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

hey guys, take this with a grain silo of salt but my impeccable inside source's cousin's boyfriend's brother's roommate heard from this guy who knows a former UA mascot who knows ace who says trier got into a car accident when gilbert arenas threw a cinder block full of PED-laced asthma inhalers through zo's windshield, causing him to take deep breaths and pass out at 31 flavors last night. i guess it's pretty serious. not to worry though, bc my source also says there's a 50% chance (plus or minus 50%) that trier will absolutely perhaps be back definitely possibly sometime between the santa clara game and the year 4000. expect an announcement "soon", but don't be surprised if it's announced in the 40kHz ultrafrequency range and only dogs can hear it. be sure to join our private forum for more info and remember, all subscriptions are non-refundable, final, and self-renewing in perpetuity. go 'cats.
Zero

Post by Zero »

People saying he did not get on the plane to Vegas.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Zero wrote:People saying he did not get on the plane to Vegas.
Accurate. This is going to go quite a bit beyond the Vegas trip now.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Honestly as long as he's back for Zaga it's fine to me. Butler might be a bit of a a struggle
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Main Event wrote:Honestly as long as he's back for Zaga it's fine to me.
Ehhh...
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

EVCat wrote:
Alieberman wrote:If I'm Alonzo Trier... I'm pretty pissed off at PGU
I've only been over there a couple of times. I went to look just because this is like a slow moving car wreck, and I cannot imagine what the defense can be when you come out with this kind of news, then start beating your chest that you are "winning", and the news turns out to be wrong. You keep moving the window and eventually you will be right, but only because you changed from when you were wrong and saying Zo is done or Walker is coming to Arizona. Then it is "Zo is cleared, we will have a presser in the next couple of days" to "sometime this week" to "if you were on premium, you'd know. He is rarely wrong" and "Walker fooled everyone" (well, no, Walker didn't fool anyone who didn't say "he is definitely coming to Arizona". Only those people were fooled) to "he has only been wrong 4 times out of 99". Just keep moving the window. It's like celebrating the touchdown at the 1 yard line and losing the points and the ball when you spike it and the other team picks it up. To be clear, I don't follow message board sites. I am here because I feel comfortable here, but whoever has the info, I am going there. I don't marry message boards. I don't hate PGU for any reason other than stuff like what just transpired. But I look over there, and they have this chat thing at the top of the forum front page, and this is a pinned quote from this mess from someone named Ryno

ACE is infinitely more patient than he gets credit for. If you bring water to people in Africa, they are grateful, and they drink the water without asking questions about where it came from. For AZ Fans, ACE brings news (water) that everybody wants and needs, and the kneejerk reaction is to try and discredit the bringer of the water to a thirsty fanbase, and question every aspect about how the water was acquired. Shut the hell up, and enjoy the water.

I don't get this metaphor. It seems to me he got a glass and held it in the sun to create a mirage of water in the glass, handed it to his fan base, and they went to drink it, but nothing came out. What is the "water" in this metaphor? Incorrect information?

And who hates the person who brings them life-sustaining water? This is so bad on so many levels. People become loyal to sites, sometimes absurdly, because the information is so good. Who has been provided information (water) from Ace then attacked him for bringing it? I have seen people attacking him for being wrong, for throwing stuff out there until he hits on one then dancing around based on the one hit, and for his threatening of people IRL. I have never seen anyone attack him for giving good information (water).

"...and question every aspect about how the water was acquired." Yeah, if I am in Flint, I am going to start asking "where the fuck is this water from? It tastes like kerosene." But even then, there was kerosene to fool the drinker. In this case, the glass was full of air, dust, nothing. Nada. A tumbleweed may have rolled out of it.

Even if dude was fuckin' Zonastrodamas, I would worry about a fanbase who exults a message board owner/guy who provides some information about college kids playing hoops like that.
^^^This^^^ F'nn^^^This^^^

It's a friggin college BB site, it's not like it needs to be important anyway...come the end of march it will go back to being less than worthless instead of worse than worthless...PGU isn't worth the .000000000012 cents it takes to light up my iphone screen to type its addy in.
Zero

Post by Zero »

The minions he has still weirds me out. They were blowing up Zack Clarks twitter the other day. Total neck beard weirdos.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Ya know...

What would really be appropriate here...

One of the Admins should start a thread entitled:

"Zo's back, you heard it here first!"

And then just repost all of Ace's shit without giving him credit...and of course ALL of the intelligent folks understanding it's an "Onion" style version of PGU...

If you really wanted to completely piss him off and give him a heart attack...

Funny as hell.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

^this^
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I don't know if Ace and his minions know about this site and I'd like to keep it that way
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Really need him back. This team could be great with him in the mix.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

allonz-y, allon-zo!
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

We're a ways away from him coming back. There's not even a target date at this point.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

He'd have a big impact on this team and its prospects. Think it's undeniable. He's that second killer on offense we're currently lacking. Kobe has been great, and he'll get better. But he's no Zo.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

ChooChooCat wrote:We're a ways away from him coming back. There's not even a target date at this point.

How do we go from FOUR and HES BACK , to we don't even have a target date.

I mean if "last hurdle" wasn't cleared shouldn't he be done for the year ?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:We're a ways away from him coming back. There's not even a target date at this point.
Is this prediction from the same guy who said he was done for good and that it would be announced a week ago Friday? If so, I expect Zo back by Monday.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Is this prediction from the same guy who said he was done for good and that it would be announced a week ago Friday? If so, I expect Zo back by Monday.
Uhhh no. This isn't a prediction either, it's where the situation is at currently.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PennZona20 wrote:

I have no idea who said FOUR and HES BACK, because I sure as hell didn't.

No, just because the last hurdle hasn't been cleared yet doesn't mean it won't be later.
az91

Post by az91 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PennZona20 wrote:

No, just because the last hurdle hasn't been cleared yet doesn't mean it won't be later.
Do you think he will be back by the start of conference play? I am imaging that if his issues are not resolved by then, he is done for good at Arizona.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

az91 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
PennZona20 wrote:

Do you think he will be back by the start of conference play? I am imaging that if his issues are not resolved by then, he is done for good at Arizona.
My interpretation of all the scat on twitter and the rumors floating and the "inside knowers knowing" is this:

1. Trier has not made any formal announcement of leaving UA...so his suspension is not final.
2. Trier did not travel to Vegas, so his "unsuspension" is not immediate.
3. If it were grades he might be cleared at the end of a semester...which is...soonish.
4. If it were an appeal to the NCAA over PED's he could have gotten "cleared" by them accepting a second tests results...in that case, maybe the hurdle was cleared but the NCAA is like slugs in peanut butter to follow up with the requisite paperwork clearing him to play...if that were the case he could be back in a matter of a week or so depending on how long it takes them to process paperwork.
5. If it was an appeal to a NCAA review committee that process could take anywhere from "who knows" to "no one knows" by nature of a redacted names judicial appeal...in other words he might have met all the benchmarks to remove a negative situation via NCAA rules (the claim he's cleared leans into this) but because of the nature of a review it might be completely dependant upon when the committee meets and releases its findings...(in other words if his case met the standards of another appeal that was redacted then he could conceivably be cleared based on other cases like his, but the actual timeline for that would be in flux).
6. If his suspension is a University based issue (ie: a Pitts-stop) then the review process would need to exonerate not only him but also the BB program so that Miller would face no repercussions down the road if info somehow came to light once Trier is in the NBA making bazillions...in other words a team of legal experts might have the final say even when the Uni says "sure he's cleared"...no coach making what Miller makes would fail to have an outside legal team wrapping up all liability issues for them, it would be financial incompetence.

So in a nutshell...yes it's quite possible that Trier has cleared the final hurdle to be on the hardwood again, but that means very little since the possible alternative gate-keepers are all institutional level machines...the NCAA/the UofA/a Legal think-tank/etc...there is obviously some kind of liability to others besides trier or else it would be done...

Unsigned NBA talent is a two-edged sword...as are all pro sports venues...the potential to make millions brings with it a murder of crows that can eat millions faster than you can say Drae Bowles ...
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

az91 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
PennZona20 wrote:

Boy I sure hope so. If the issues are not resolved by then that doesn't mean he's done for good at Arizona though. There's no target date, just fingers crossed and actions being taken to attempt to speed up the process.
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

"Boy I sure hope so. If the issues are not resolved by then that doesn't mean he's done for good at Arizona though. There's no target date, just fingers crossed and actions being taken to attempt to speed up the process. "
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Uhm... so what the heck would he be doing in Tucson (then)? He's a basketball player. That's how he makes--will be making-- his living.

He's not coming back next year......so we assume.

It's semester end and then life goes on.......as in, it's time to move on.

Right?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Hank of sb wrote:"Boy I sure hope so. If the issues are not resolved by then that doesn't mean he's done for good at Arizona though. There's no target date, just fingers crossed and actions being taken to attempt to speed up the process. "
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Uhm... so what the heck would he be doing in Tucson (then)? He's a basketball player. That's how he makes--will be making-- his living.

He's not coming back next year......so we assume.

It's semester end and then life goes on.......as in, it's time to move on.

Right?
I'm not sure what you're asking? az91 made the statement that if Zo isn't back by the beginning of conference play then his time in Arizona is likely up and I just said if he doesn't make that deadline it doesn't mean he won't play any games at Arizona again (including this season). I doubt very much he returns next year, but there's really nowhere for him to go if he hasn't been completely cleared by the start of the Spring semester.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

So another unnamed site is suggesting it WAS an appeal to the NCAA and that would mean it was probably PED's depending on WHEN the appeals process started the NCAA rules are a committee "agreed" 110 days for an appeal to be processed...could be sooner could be longer...basically its a bit arbitrary but within a semester...it could be longer or shorter depending on when it goes to appeal...

Here's the process:

Enforcement branch throws a violation claim>>>>school individual rebut claim>>>>enforcement agency corrects rebut>>>>appellants respond to corrections>>>>this then goes to a infractions appeals committee (the 110 day average deadline probably starts then)>>>>infractions appeals report finalized>>>>schools/individual notified>>>>public release.

During the entire process anonymity must be maintained to insure the rebuttal stays unbiased...an infraction committee ruling is final, no appeal after that...so this is probably why there is no comment by anyone who really knows anything about this...

I do find it interesting that certain persons believe they have inside info, that would mean that a school or individual has been notified by the appeals committee but no public release has happened yet...if this were the case then yes Trier could be back within the week, or headed overseas either way...

If he is cleared and it was PED's in something like an inhaler there is a serious problem with NCAA rules that would knock a kid out of the start of the season for this long...

Gonna keep my fingers crossed.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

He got on social media late Friday night and asked if anyone wanted to meet up and rebound for him at RJ. I didnt see it until Saturday morning but I would have laced up my Js for old times' sake. 2 guys helped him out and he posted a thank you message later that night.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Jefe wrote:He got on social media late Friday night and asked if anyone wanted to meet up and rebound for him at RJ. I didnt see it until Saturday morning but I would have laced up my Js for old times' sake. 2 guys helped him out and he posted a thank you message later that night.

Can't read too much into that of course, but that does seem either really bad (can't practice with the team) or really good (looking to get into playing shape).
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

He plays Wednesday. Mark it down :)
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azcat49 wrote:He plays Wednesday. Mark it down :)
Thanks Ace.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

He posts daily from the court so he has gotta still be in game shape. If hes not on the court, hes working out or getting a massage from the trainers. The program is still backing him
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azcat49 wrote:He plays Wednesday. Mark it down :)
Zip it up and zip it out.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I know someone who saw Zo eating a tuna sandwich today.

This is huge!
gumby

Post by gumby »

"No, it was chicken ... by the sea."

-- signed Jessica Simpson.
Right where I want to be.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Jefe wrote:He got on social media late Friday night and asked if anyone wanted to meet up and rebound for him at RJ. I didnt see it until Saturday morning but I would have laced up my Js for old times' sake. 2 guys helped him out and he posted a thank you message later that night.
If I was in town Friday night, I would even have laced up my Js and I would have been flying down I-10. :lol: That is pretty cool.
Merkin wrote:Can't read too much into that of course, but that does seem either really bad (can't practice with the team) or really good (looking to get into playing shape).
He's also been described by Miller as the hardest worker he has ever been around, and I'm sure being off the court for games only increases the itch to get in the gym. I think Zo is going to be ready when the time comes, it's just going to be more of a case of an adjustment for both him and his teammates playing with each other (pause).
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

gumby wrote:"No, it was chicken ... by the sea."

-- signed Jessica Simpson.
But am I eating chicken? or fish?
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I just checked his snapchat (xiso_zox) he's not exactly a bucket of positive about playing anytime soon...he seems to be keeping his chin up but it does not sound like the kind of language a person who has been "cleared" would be using...

Fuck Ace, fuck him with a rusty shovel...I know it's not his fault but that didn't stop him from exploiting the situation to make everyone think Trier is back and frankly until he is its depressing to think about it.

As Trier says "Oh well life goes on"...(posted about an hour ago)
az91

Post by az91 »

CatFanOneMil wrote:I just checked his snapchat (xiso_zox) he's not exactly a bucket of positive about playing anytime soon...he seems to be keeping his chin up but it does not sound like the kind of language a person who has been "cleared" would be using...

Fuck Ace, fuck him with a rusty shovel...I know it's not his fault but that didn't stop him from exploiting the situation to make everyone think Trier is back and frankly until he is its depressing to think about it.

As Trier says "Oh well life goes on"...(posted about an hour ago)
I'm beginning to think that we will be lucky to ever see Trier play again in an Arizona uniform.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

CatFanOneMil wrote:I just checked his snapchat (xiso_zox) he's not exactly a bucket of positive about playing anytime soon...he seems to be keeping his chin up but it does not sound like the kind of language a person who has been "cleared" would be using...
Obviously you never attended an open practive at McKale to hear Jason Terry in front of players, coaches and fans
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Jefe wrote:
Obviously you never attended an open practive at McKale to hear Jason Terry in front of players, coaches and fans

My dad used to attend the practice's under Lute way back when they were open. My dad said Kevin O'Neill had the filthiest mouth he has ever heard.

Can't imagine Lute, who probably never swore in his life, could have been too pleased with him, or Terry.,
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Yep KO was real bad. Go to a game this year an hour or more early and sit behind Book and some of the assistants during shooting drills and you'll hear F this, F that
gumby

Post by gumby »

Prefer Lute's style on that. Having kids ended my f this and f that.

Miller, think of your kids!

Miller: F that!
Right where I want to be.
walk-on-wildcat

Post by walk-on-wildcat »

Judas Priest!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

walk-on-wildcat wrote:Judas Priest!
Schnebly

Post by Schnebly »

..Image
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Merkin wrote:
My dad used to attend the practice's under Lute way back when they were open. My dad said Kevin O'Neill had the filthiest mouth he has ever heard.

Can't imagine Lute, who probably never swore in his life, could have been too pleased with him, or Terry.,
Typically, players tend to shift toward the personality/demeanor of their coaches, but there are obvious outliers, which increase in number the higher the comp level is. I think of my two HS coaches; one a foul-mouthed, blue collar guy from back east; and the other was Roland Lavetter (I'm sure a few here know him) who rarely lost his cool, never cursed and had hilarious replacements for swear words, Lute's Judas Priest being one of them. The only time we cursed on Lavetter's team was if we were rolling around on the ground with an injury; I can only think of a couple of scuffles in practice or in the locker room and they were very minor. Coach A on the other hand, we cursed like sailors, had numerous technical fouls called on us throughout the season, and there were not many practices or scrimmages without a significant argument, shouting/shoving matches and there were plenty of fist fights.

And it makes sense, you look at how things were under Lute. Terry may have been wild in practice, but 99.9% of Tucson has no idea how the dude really is unless u were there or ran into him in public and saw how he can be on a bad day. Then look at the complete disarray that was seen when O'Neill ran things, when all u needed was a television to see things. Look at Kentucky's players for the most part, current and pro. Most of them are shut up and show up and take care of business. If you look at how Coach K really is (what is hidden from many), it makes sense why you cannot begin to count how many weasels have put on a Duke uniform. Understanding that there are very few Lute's, I think Miller has great balance. Discipline, intensity, high expectations but still understanding these are young men. He may fly off his rocker and call Zeus a "motherf-cker" and tell Parrom to "get the f-ck out of the game," but the next moment those players have his unconditional support and he speaks highly of them. He and Lute both are masters of teaching young men how to become men, they just have different ways of getting them there.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

rgdeuce wrote:
Merkin wrote: Look at Kentucky's players for the most part, current and pro. Most of them are shut up and show up and take care of business. If you look at how Coach K really is (what is hidden from many), it makes sense why you cannot begin to count how many weasels have put on a Duke uniform.
Not sure I'm on board with this at all. Boogie Cousins is just about the worst shithead in the league. Many Duke players have been douche in ways that annoy opposing fans but I'm having a hard time recalling examples of them actually being bad people.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Sooo...according to he who shall not be named...

Trier was in a car wreck. Totaled his car. Went to ER. They gave him stuff. Was out four weeks. Later he fails PED test.

9 days ago (Monday pre-Turkey day) he WON his appeal.

Now its up to NCAA to give the final release.

I'm not sure where he gets his info...for all we know it was a homeless guy who gave him cigarettes when he got kicked out of the Casino...

BUT...

The announcer tonite suggested they had heard good news about Trier but it was unconfirmed...which means maybe theres something about to break...

Who knows...
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Nothing is about to break until the final hurdle is cleared.