Post by 97cats »

im excited to see this group of freshman in person on Saturday

Go Cats!!
whatisee

Re: 2016-2017 Arizona Basketball

Post by whatisee »

97cats wrote:im excited to see this group of freshman in person on Saturday

Go Cats!!
Simmons is going to be a star. Love Lauri and Rawle too!

Dusan is playing good so far. hoping it translates to the PAC12.

Pinder is awesome. You cant teach what he does. energy and effort
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Chicat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Well he is kind of right. Not the Butler game itself, but there have been instances where people have complained about losses that "shouldn't have happened." If not that, it's something to the effect of "the sky is falling" and "this team is horrible, they are a bubble team, they are at best a team who will get to the round of 32" when they have a close game against someone we are expected to cream. Last year's Santa Clara game jumps out in my mind, but there are plenty of others. Nothing wrong with being critical of a performance as long as it is focused on a poor performance in that particular game. Or if it's a trend, then you can talk about it without being knee jerk, but then you also have to consider other factors too (eg it's early in the season, we are young, we will get better)
I think if you were to really search your memory you'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful of posters who have expressed those sentiments. And I'd bet it was the same posters every time. Including one in particular.....

Just because literally one or two people are talking about the sky falling doesn't make it a disturbing trend amongst Arizona fans. All fanbases have their Eeyores, and ours is no exception.
You have to understand, though, that this is a special collection of Arizona fans. We are not the norm, which is why myself and I'm sure many others came and stayed here and why this site continues to thrive. I spent several months on the Scout board and that place was a mess. There were obviously quite a few very knowledgeable and level-headed posters there, but it was riddled with a lot of over-reactors and fake coaches who knew what was best for the team. Look at comment sections on social media, the guys who call into the talk radio shows, the commenters on the Daily Star (before they made u pay to look at more than 10 pages), or conversations around the office. Tucson and Arizona in general are just not great and knowledgeable sports fans. Obvious exceptions, but yea. You can generally gauge a fanbase by the amount of "Fire ______" when adversity comes. There was a ton of "Fire Millers" a few years back. "Fire Stoops" was as frequent as the wind. Again, not here (absent a few) but in general.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Not too many people who can guard Kobi. His shots are falling and he is getting more and more confidence. This team is going to have to be a three-headed freshman monster until things resolve with Trier and PJC comes back. Lauri needs the ball in his hands more; last night he continued he could create for himself and find other guys wide open under the basket. Dusan just needs to catch the ball on some of them.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I think Kobi and Kadeem will be our saviors because they both can do those "in-the-lane-soft-floaters" that go over the defense without crashing into anyone...

I noticed after Rawle attempting a three in the corner (and missed)...Miller speaking directly at him "Is that your shot?"...I heard him say Miller wants him to be more aggressive and shot more, but it is obvious Miller does not want him taking three's...and probably not Pinder either...

Every missed three pointer ends up a lost possesion...whereas a drive can be a dish or draw a foul...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I read that in the post game presser Miller said that Pinder won't be taking any more 3 point shots.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:Not too many people who can guard Kobi. His shots are falling and he is getting more and more confidence. This team is going to have to be a three-headed freshman monster until things resolve with Trier and PJC comes back. Lauri needs the ball in his hands more; last night he continued he could create for himself and find other guys wide open under the basket. Dusan just needs to catch the ball on some of them.
We just have a numbers problem right now. Kadeem, Kobi and Rawle are all competent, but they are basically it on the perimeter.

We need Keanu to be able to guard the 3 badly. We can at least play him there with Lauri's perimiter skill. If he can play 15 guarding the 3, that can buy 5 minutes of rest for KA, KS and RA each.

But we're in a bad spot.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

CatFanOneMil wrote:I think Kobi and Kadeem will be our saviors because they both can do those "in-the-lane-soft-floaters" that go over the defense without crashing into anyone...

I noticed after Rawle attempting a three in the corner (and missed)...Miller speaking directly at him "Is that your shot?"...I heard him say Miller wants him to be more aggressive and shot more, but it is obvious Miller does not want him taking three's...and probably not Pinder either...

Every missed three pointer ends up a lost possesion...whereas a drive can be a dish or draw a foul...
I disagree, at least about Miller not wanting Rawle to take threes. As I couldn't watch the game (thanks, 8 hour time difference!) I can't be sure, but I would imagine Rawle took an ill-advised three (maybe he rushed it early in the shot clock, maybe someone else was open, maybe he was very well covered). There's no doubt Rawle can hit the three and is MUCH more dangerous when the defense has to play him as a shooter. CSM knows that, so it sounds simply like a coaching moment about a bad shot.

Pinder, however. That dude shouldn't shoot a three unless there is one second on the shot clock.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dcZONAfan wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:I think Kobi and Kadeem will be our saviors because they both can do those "in-the-lane-soft-floaters" that go over the defense without crashing into anyone...

I disagree, at least about Miller not wanting Rawle to take threes. As I couldn't watch the game (thanks, 8 hour time difference!) I can't be sure, but I would imagine Rawle took an ill-advised three (maybe he rushed it early in the shot clock, maybe someone else was open, maybe he was very well covered). There's no doubt Rawle can hit the three and is MUCH more dangerous when the defense has to play him as a shooter. CSM knows that, so it sounds simply like a coaching moment about a bad shot.

Pinder, however. That dude shouldn't shoot a three unless there is one second on the shot clock.
Rawle, you want Rawle shooting the right threes. With Rawle, you want his first option to be getting to the rim to create and and 1. If he's open and in rhythm, fine, shoot the 3. Lauri is the only guy we have right now that you want to be shooting as often as he can. The rest, they need to not take the kind of threes that you can get any time.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Rawle's three was not really rushed he was alone in the corner...I think the emphasis from Miller is he wants Rawle to instead of settling for a safe shot that he may or may not make to instead drive the baseline and put the other team either into foul trouble or dish to another player as he draws the D...the point being, "your shot should include the whole game and a drive is a better odds shot for you"

Of course that means that Rawle needs to avoid getting offensive fouls, but I think that is the point...the three can be a safe shot, but not something that involves that involves development and the rest of the team...as it were he missed it and it was fairly wide open...so Millers point stands.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

rgdeuce wrote:You have to understand, though, that this is a special collection of Arizona fans. We are not the norm, which is why myself and I'm sure many others came and stayed here and why this site continues to thrive. I spent several months on the Scout board and that place was a mess. There were obviously quite a few very knowledgeable and level-headed posters there, but it was riddled with a lot of over-reactors and fake coaches who knew what was best for the team. Look at comment sections on social media, the guys who call into the talk radio shows, the commenters on the Daily Star (before they made u pay to look at more than 10 pages), or conversations around the office. Tucson and Arizona in general are just not great and knowledgeable sports fans. Obvious exceptions, but yea. You can generally gauge a fanbase by the amount of "Fire ______" when adversity comes. There was a ton of "Fire Millers" a few years back. "Fire Stoops" was as frequent as the wind. Again, not here (absent a few) but in general.
I hear what you are saying. The fact that he had to take even one major booster talking shit to him for "only" making the Elite Eight 3 times in his first 5 years is an example of the fan you are talking about. And they are all over Tucson. They have memory issues remembering ALL of the Lute Olson era. And I am a huge Lute fan, and am the first to defend the reasons we had as many tournament failures as we did (I like to say "other programs have down years by not making the tournament...our down year is making it and losing early"). But it was not such a rosy path to the 4 Final Fours and one title, and I am also really not one who understands this hang up people have over a single round/marketing name. 3 Elite Eights in the first 5 years of a program that took the blow we took is remarkable. But we have fans who are obsessed over the lack of a Final Four, and talk about the program as if it is a shell of the Lute Juggernaut.

And you are right...it isn't so much this board, though we have a few. But it is a common "average fan" response around Tucson and Phoenix...Miller can't win the big one. They ALL are big ones when the tournament starts.

I will also say we have less of this than other big time programs. I guess you can measure your metaphorical program dick by how many "fans" hatewatch their own team and claim it was better back in the day.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

97cats wrote:im excited to see this group of freshman in person on Saturday

Go Cats!!
I thought you might be in attendance. Will the lucky black shirt make an appearance as well?

I dont know what I was thinking, I should have bought tickets a long time ago and made the trip. Still trying to plan a Bay Area trip for those New Years games
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Jefe wrote: I thought you might be in attendance.
yes!
Jefe wrote:Will the lucky black shirt make an appearance as well?
:lol:
havent decided on the uniform yet but will prob be in all black
:lol:
Jefe wrote:I dont know what I was thinking, I should have bought tickets a long time ago and made the trip.
yes, that woulda been cool
Jefe wrote:Still trying to plan a Bay Area trip for those New Years games
i will be in Hawaii so wont be able to go, have a beer and Jameson for me pre-game if you do!!

and tell dad i say, WHAT-up!!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

EVCat wrote: I hear what you are saying. The fact that he had to take even one major booster talking shit to him for "only" making the Elite Eight 3 times in his first 5 years is an example of the fan you are talking about. And they are all over Tucson. They have memory issues remembering ALL of the Lute Olson era. And I am a huge Lute fan, and am the first to defend the reasons we had as many tournament failures as we did (I like to say "other programs have down years by not making the tournament...our down year is making it and losing early"). But it was not such a rosy path to the 4 Final Fours and one title, and I am also really not one who understands this hang up people have over a single round/marketing name. 3 Elite Eights in the first 5 years of a program that took the blow we took is remarkable. But we have fans who are obsessed over the lack of a Final Four, and talk about the program as if it is a shell of the Lute Juggernaut.

And you are right...it isn't so much this board, though we have a few. But it is a common "average fan" response around Tucson and Phoenix...Miller can't win the big one. They ALL are big ones when the tournament starts.

I will also say we have less of this than other big time programs. I guess you can measure your metaphorical program dick by how many "fans" hatewatch their own team and claim it was better back in the day.
There are a lot of people who just have a hard on for Miller, for whatever reason. The Lute angle is the easiest way for them to do it. Trust me, I love our four final fours one of them being a national championship, but out of 23 tournament appearances, 13 times Arizona teams went home in the first (10) or second (3) rounds. Until the 97 title, Lute was considered by many to be a tournament choker. Sweet 16 losses arent bad in my book, but we had some very high quality teams that went home then too. This was during a time when roster turnover was not even close to being what it is now, and before mid-majors/smaller schools really started making the noise in the tournament that they are now. I'm not going to pit Lute against Miller here, but if you take a step back, Miller is doing some things that Lute wasn't and in a new era where you are lucky if you get two years out of elite talent, at a time where mid-majors wins against young powerhouse programs aren't really shocking anymore, and dealing with the whole shoe company influence mess with recruiting. Miller really hasn't laid a stinker in the tournament outside of last year, but that was a combination of a lot of things and many of us saw it coming, and he has had beyond crap luck otherwise for the most part that has kept him out of 3 final fours. I love our final 4s and titles under Lute, but if you ignore those, how many of below can you say Miller has had, especially when you consider us getting screwed with a special Wisky team in our bracket for two straight years:

1st round exits: Rooks (SR), Mills (JR), Reeves (SO), Othick (SR), Stokes (JR), and Stoudamire (excellent FR)... Mills (SR), Reeves (JR), Stokes (SR), Stoudamire (SO), Owes (So), Blair (FR)... (SR) Stoudamire, Blair (JR), Davis (JR), Geary (JR), Dickerson (FR), Simon (excellent FR)... Terry (SR, NPOY), Bramlett (SR), Jefferson (excellent FR), Wright (excellent FR), Edgerson (JR), Douglas (FR)... Gardner (JR), Walton (JR), Salim (excellent FR), Anderson (JR), Frye (good FR)... Hassan (So), Salim (JR), Frye (JR), Iguodala (SO), Shakur (excellent FR)..

The second round loss teams included a team with veteran guard/wings and Rooks, Brian Williams and Stokes; 2000 was a title team the next year with Arenas and Gardner (excellent FR), Woods (JR), Jefferson (SO), Wright (SO), Walton (FR); 06 Hassan (SR), Shakur (JR), Williams (excellent FR), McClellan (SO), Radinovic (JR), Rodgers (JR). Plus you have the elite 8 collapse we dont like to talk about here with a loaded team. The 98 team could have been one of the greatest college teams of all time but the same squad that won a title the year before lost in the elite 8. The 89 team with Elliott, Cook, Lofton, Buechler, Muehlbach and a nice bench that lost in the sweet 16.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Sort of amazing how this team turned out to be a fragment of what it could have been. Trier is out with an undisclosed suspension, Smith retires from a 3rd consecutive knee injury, Ferguson decides to play international ball. And of course, the roster is thin from previous, unnecessary transfers like Victor and Simon. And then you have a guy like Pitts who could have been a reliable 3-point dagger shooter like Lavender (those kinds of players typically played small, but important roles on many great AZ teams). It is discouraging to think about how good this year's team could have been, and how it is likely going to limp into the NCAA tournament with little chance of doing anything.

Meanwhile, you have a program like UCLA who has a second-rate head coach who miraculously has held on to his job through two years of severe mediocrity, but is suddenly loading up on talent because one of the guys on his staff is connected in L.A.

It is really sort of depressing.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Vegas early lines has Zags by -5

Sharks smell blood in the water? 8-)

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... las-vegas/" target="_blank
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

HiCat wrote:Vegas early lines has Zags by -5

Sharks smell blood in the water? 8-)

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... las-vegas/" target="_blank
No PJC, we have a really paper thin perimeter lineup. It makes sense.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It would be a shock if Arizona can win this game with only 7 scholarship players.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Longhorned wrote:It would be a shock if Arizona can win this game with only 7 scholarship players.
Yes Gonzaga is a really good team...but even good teams have been known to airball critical free throws that determined the outcome of a game...

Not saying we win...but they might lose.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Longhorned wrote:It would be a shock if Arizona can win this game with only 7 scholarship players.
Yes Gonzaga is a really good team...but even good teams have been known to airball critical free throws that determined the outcome of a game...

Maybe the refs will give us the benefit on fouls to make it a fair contest.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Longhorned wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:

What and ruin a perfect record? Are you on crack?

No ref worth his salt ever makes questionable calls..."full speed cross body blocks" notwithstanding...

It's LA...which is Duke west...unless we have a bear as our mascot the calls go again us...

I'll bet $100 that Dickie V starts on the FUCLA bandwagon this year...because they are the Bruin Blue Devils.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Longhorned wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:

Good one LH! Are you here all week?

Try the veal...
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:

Good one LH! Are you here all week?

Try the veal...
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Plenty of teams have won big games and more with only 7 scholarship guys. Don't get why everyone is writing this team off.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

As long as they stay out of foul trouble (no injuries, or bad calls), Wildcats should be very competitive. Short handed yeah, but I'm betting a good game.

Cats by 2. 8-)
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

PHXCATS wrote:Plenty of teams have won big games and more with only 7 scholarship guys. Don't get why everyone is writing this team off.
I'm not writing them off, I'm saying the same thing you are. You're not going to come in here if we lose and say that was an upset. if Arizona wins, it will be a great win.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Enough cannot be said about the heart and grit of this team. Most similarly situated teams lose that game by 20 plus. Makes u just shake your head knowing what could have been and may possibly not happen solely because of absolute shit luck
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote:Plenty of teams have won big games and more with only 7 scholarship guys. Don't get why everyone is writing this team off.
Usually those teams have more than 3 total guards and wings. They also typically have an actual point guard too.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Usually those teams have more than 3 total guards and wings. They also typically have an actual point guard too.
We have 3 perimeter players, 2 are freshmen. This lineup can only do so much against a good, experienced team.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

This is a good team with 7 scholy players. Thats what I saw today.

Does it suck, the current predicament? Absolutely, but get PJC back and maybe Trier and game on.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

rgdeuce wrote:Enough cannot be said about the heart and grit of this team. Most similarly situated teams lose that game by 20 plus. Makes u just shake your head knowing what could have been and may possibly not happen solely because of absolute shit luck
Truth.

I feel as bad as this season and I did with the one when Bash went down. Same feelings of "what could've been". At least here we still have some time and not everything is completely settled yet.
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Yeah, so whats the sitch' with Trier, Nostradamus?

You said he'd be back by now, or are you pulling an Ace and enjoy watching us grovel for info.

Fact is, you probably don't know anything like the rest of us.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Chicat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Well he is kind of right. Not the Butler game itself, but there have been instances where people have complained about losses that "shouldn't have happened." If not that, it's something to the effect of "the sky is falling" and "this team is horrible, they are a bubble team, they are at best a team who will get to the round of 32" when they have a close game against someone we are expected to cream. Last year's Santa Clara game jumps out in my mind, but there are plenty of others. Nothing wrong with being critical of a performance as long as it is focused on a poor performance in that particular game. Or if it's a trend, then you can talk about it without being knee jerk, but then you also have to consider other factors too (eg it's early in the season, we are young, we will get better)
I think if you were to really search your memory you'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful of posters who have expressed those sentiments. And I'd bet it was the same posters every time. Including one in particular.....

Just because literally one or two people are talking about the sky falling doesn't make it a disturbing trend amongst Arizona fans. All fanbases have their Eeyores, and ours is no exception.
If you would have just waited a few more days :lol: And after a game virtually none of us expected us to win.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Impressed by our freshman. They had to grow up quick and they have.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

You said he'd be back by now, or are you pulling an Ace and enjoy watching us grovel for info.

Jesus man are you ok? I know this situation is frustrating, but you don't have to be an ass for no reason. I said there's one more hurdle to clear, I never said "he'd be back by this specific time," because he needs to clear that last hurdle. Guess what? He hasn't cleared it yet and it's out of everyone's hands at this point. The last thing I said was we're looking at several weeks still and that hasn't changed unfortunately.

Go have a beer or start a new hobby or something, your baseless attack on me for no reason is beyond pathetic and desperate.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

ChooChooCat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Jesus man are you ok? I know this situation is frustrating, but you don't have to be an ass for no reason. I said there's one more hurdle to clear, I never said "he'd be back by this specific time," because he needs to clear that last hurdle. Guess what? He hasn't cleared it yet. The last thing I said was we're looking at several weeks still and that hasn't changed unfortunately.

Go have a beer or start a new hobby or something, your baseless attack on me for no reason is beyond pathetic and desperate.
I mean you are being an ass with the Trier thing...
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Jesus man are you ok? I know this situation is frustrating, but you don't have to be an ass for no reason. I said there's one more hurdle to clear, I never said "he'd be back by this specific time," because he needs to clear that last hurdle. Guess what? He hasn't cleared it yet. The last thing I said was we're looking at several weeks still and that hasn't changed unfortunately.

I mean you are being an ass with the Trier thing...
How exactly? Because I won't openly tell the world when I've been told not to? If everyones' feelings are so hurt by me commenting on it I'll stop it altogether I suppose.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Post more Choo 8-)

No worries
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

my post above was written on the 12/3 after the Zags loss when I had a few in the tank. I said I was sorry in another post when clearer heads prevailed, must of forgot about this one, which you saw today.

Sorry again.

Its just some posters, like 97, have info and are extremely selective of what, when, how, and mode of delivery of said info. When they post, it means something, even if you (speaking for myself) aren't complete sure if you can read between the lines.

You're a good poster choo with most things CATS BB, but with this situation, some of your posts read as if you are dangling a piece of meat just beyond the electric fence for us (me) starving dogs.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:my post above was written on the 12/3 after the Zags loss when I had a few in the tank. I said I was sorry in another post when clearer heads prevailed, must of forgot about this one, which you saw today.

Sorry again.

Its just some posters, like 97, have info and are extremely selective of what, when, how, and mode of delivery of said info. When they post, it means something, even if you (speaking for myself) aren't complete sure if you can read between the lines.

You're a good poster choo with most things CATS BB, but with this situation, some of your posts read as if you are dangling a piece of meat just beyond the electric fence for us (me) starving dogs.
My bad man, I didn't look at the date, all is fine, was just taken off guard after the previous back and forth we had. CST I've said as much as I can say publicly, I wish I could share details, but ive given pretty good hints on what happened and have been very forward on the current unfortunate up in the air timeline of his return.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I get it, I really do.

I feel like a kid a christmas, except I'm worried if it will even come this year.

I know we are all pulling in the right direction with the hoped outcome.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

This team will struggle to reach the NCAA tourney.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Beachcat97 wrote:This team will struggle to reach the NCAA tourney.
So you have us losing 7-8+ conference games?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
az91

Post by az91 »

Without Trier, I agree.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Weak troll.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Yep.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Beachcat97 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Yep.
Lemme guess...you're hitting some Blue Dream right now. amiright?
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

First game I went to and man, that was awful.

I'm assuming it was post-finals blues.

First game that Laurie didn't look like he could shoot.

Terrible turnovers. Some good and bad defense.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Daryl Zero wrote:First game I went to and man, that was awful.

I'm assuming it was post-finals blues.

First game that Laurie didn't look like he could shoot.

Terrible turnovers. Some good and bad defense.
We have no PG; the freshmen play like freshmen (and not the lotto-bound type); Lauri is still adjusting to the college game; Ristic is one of the softest big men I've ever seen; our offense is basically pass it around a few times and then let Kobi or Rawle or Lauri go one on one; and we can't shoot FTs.

It's not the kind of team you look at and say: Pac 12 contender and watch out in March. It's a team you look at and say: we're gonna lose quite a few games once the competition improves (beginning this weekend), and it'll be impressive if Miller can overcome all of this and reach the tourney.