TJ McConnell's 'MAGIC' Numbers

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ghostwhitehorse

Re: TJ McConnell's 'MAGIC' Numbers

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

threenumberones wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
Chicat wrote:What has enfuego said that's ban worthy?

PS - Fuck pgu. Personally I'm very happy we are nothing like that clown show.
Continuous blatant trolling. Not good at it, but I have to tip my cap to him - to be able to go into hostile territory and keep a straight head on all the time deserves props. He hasn't lost his cool and given much ammo outside of the act itself.
enfuego is way better than he used to be. Not ban worthy imo. He must have finally gotten laid.
I pity that Bad Dragon product. . .
prh

Post by prh »

TJ with 17 assists in 37 minutes tonight. Highest +/- and minutes on the team in a close loss in Boston
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

prh wrote:TJ with 17 assists in 37 minutes tonight. Highest +/- and minutes on the team in a close loss in Boston
Phillyfan still hating hard.

https://mobile.twitter.com/phillyfansince8" target="_blank
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Dude really hates TJ.

"All he does is leave his man to get rebounds and pad his stats"
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
prh wrote:TJ with 17 assists in 37 minutes tonight. Highest +/- and minutes on the team in a close loss in Boston
Phillyfan still hating hard.

https://mobile.twitter.com/phillyfansince8" target="_blank

When I posted the below he had 217 followers. He's now down to 174.
Chicat wrote:That dude lost followers since the last time you posted his idiocy.
His hating is for no one other than some bots ........ and apparently us.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

and down to 164 now.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

17 assists?! TJ is a straight baller. He could be a key piece for a playoff team. Really needs to get the hell out of Philly.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I would love TJ in Sacramento dishing to Cousins.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Im dead. 17 assists to 2 turnovers, 4-6 from the floor and 2 steals. Jason Kidd has a game like that and he thinks he had himself a great night. Yet in this guy's blog, he is the only 76er he rated as having a bad night and blamed a close road loss to a playoff team on him. +10 and the only other 76er was not in the negative was a reserve at +5. Lmfao.

Theres another blogger who put in a little bit more in his analysis of Sergio Rodriguez vs TJ starting. This was before last night's game too. Basically, almost the same player numbers wise with each guy having a slight edge over the other in a few areas. Only thing is, TJ's comes at almost 1/9 of the price of Rodriguez.

https://www.google.com/amp/thesixersens ... erial/amp/" target="_blank
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

A little bit more? That dude doesn't put in any analysis at all. Leaving his man to pad rebound stats... As a point guard! Seriously. TJ did that guy's girl. It's the only explanation.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

@Philly"Fan"Since88 was seen punching his TJ McConnell hair doll in the face repeatedly.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bad shooting night for TJ but the Sixers win their tenth game, matching last year's total. I believe they are 4-1 when he starts.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Puerco wrote:A little bit more? That dude doesn't put in any analysis at all. Leaving his man to pad rebound stats... As a point guard! Seriously. TJ did that guy's girl. It's the only explanation.
That was heavy on sarcasm :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

rgdeuce wrote:
Puerco wrote:A little bit more? That dude doesn't put in any analysis at all. Leaving his man to pad rebound stats... As a point guard! Seriously. TJ did that guy's girl. It's the only explanation.
Besides the "leaving his man to pad rebounding stats" argument, he also keeps talking about how TJ makes passes just to pad his assist numbers. Which is hilarious. You get an assist when you make a pass that leads to your team scoring, and last I checked you have to score points in order to win. So he should stop making passes that lead to made shots? Somehow that would be better?

I honestly think that guy hates TJ because he's a "scrappy White dude". It's like how people hate White Duke players, but without the precedent that they're all douchenozzles. I'm guessing his least favorite NBA players in history are TJ, Jeff Hornacek, John Stockton, and Scott Skiles.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Chicat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:
Besides the "leaving his man to pad rebounding stats" argument, he also keeps talking about how TJ makes passes just to pad his assist numbers. Which is hilarious. You get an assist when you make a pass that leads to your team scoring, and last I checked you have to score points in order to win. So he should stop making passes that lead to made shots? Somehow that would be better?

I honestly think that guy hates TJ because he's a "scrappy White dude". It's like how people hate White Duke players, but without the precedent that they're all douchenozzles. I'm guessing his least favorite NBA players in history are TJ, Jeff Hornacek, John Stockton, and Scott Skiles.
A self-hating white man, makes sense. I laughed when he attributed his "basketball knowledge" to playing pickup games in Philly. Given his thin skin, I think he meant Philly suburbs. The takes you mentioned about the rebounding and passing are hilarious. I always have a laugh when he complains about TJ's "poor passes," apparently the 6-24 before TJ started 76ers are adept at handling poor passes and still getting the ball in the hoop. Would explain their record.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

As much as people hate white Duke players, I assume Duke fans don't.

That's part of why this is so weird. I understand disliking players (even though it's only a game). I don't get why you can't even kind of get on board with one on your favorite team. Usually it's the other way around, where fans are massive homers and excuse anything a player on their team does.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It is weird in that respect. Makes you wonder if he's rooting for his team to lose just so that someone finally will blame it on TJ and get rid of him.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

only one accurate assessment in the rants against TJ...he throws an awful lob.

Not sure why. Not sure what it is about that one pass. AG and RHJ saved his ass from time to time. But I can honestly say it was the only thing that ever frustrated me about TJ...you'd get that two on one with an easy lob, and he'd push it too hard and high. Looks like, from the more reasonable assessment linked above, that is still a problem. But everything else he does, and I mean EVERYTHING, is excellent. Even his weakness of shooting...he has a strong sense of when to pull the trigger. His first year here, sometimes he was too reluctant. He carried us at times with his shooting his senior year.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Dude probably just made some really strong assertions about him early and rather than admitting he was wrong, he is doubling up. I agree, makes no sense to continue to unfairly degrade the "Rudy" on your favorite team. Everyone else loves those guys.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

If you want to see some funny TJ tshirts, search for TJ McConnell Jersey on google and look at some of the shirts that come up in the search results. There is an example of one in the link below:

http://www.basketballfantshirts.com/vie ... ball-t-shi" target="_blank
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

TJ scores the game winner tonight and look what his hater has to say.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Think they've won like 4 outta 5 since he's been a starter.....which means he's getting benched or traded in the next week :lol:
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Nice TJ!!!!
prh

Post by prh »

Wait it gets better. From earlier tonight:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Irish27 wrote:
if the Sixers are triple teaming opponents they have much bigger problems than a scrappy point guard who gets too many rebounds and assists and hits clutch shots.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Irish27 wrote:TJ scores the game winner tonight and look what his hater has to say.
Did you see all the open people he missed when he hit that game winner? Plus, the ball touched some rim on the way down. Then, what was up with his celebration? It was just pitiful.

So, so butthurt.
prh

Post by prh »

In games that TJ get at least 35 minutes, the Sixers are 4-1 and have an average scoring margin of +5.6 ppg. Under 30 minutes, average margin is -8.7.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Yep 4-1 under TJ. The 76ers are going to ride him til they start playing like the before TJ starting 76ers. His job to lose again.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I just learned that TJ stands for Timothy John
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Irish27 wrote:TJ scores the game winner tonight and look what his hater has to say.
I have posted on Twitter like, I don't know, 20 times in my life. But there are few things more enjoyable than trolling this idiot about his "sports blog" and hate for TJM.

I'm trying to make it my mission to comment on every stupid TJ post he makes about the fact that literally zero people read his shit or comment/like any of his posts
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ignore the typos, I was backtracking to get my tweet under the character limit. #twitteramateur
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Great job TJ! Still a Wildcat fave of mine...Sixers on a little roll, and how horrible the East is, would be funny for TJ to lead them to a playoff spot. Still possible.
g32knights

Post by g32knights »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

^^ Free shirt and a 30-pack to whoever wears that in an XS to the Pac 12 tournament and provides photographic proof.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

:lol:
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I think TJ's biggest hater couldn't sleep last night after he made the game-winning basket and is now going bonkers due to a lack of sleep.:) I copied and pasted his lengthy diatribe to show how insane he is. Also, check out the title of his story. I think TJ should take out a restraining order on this guy.

http://phillyfansince88.sportsblog.com/ ... 98-97.html" target="_blank

The TJ McConnell Lovefest is in full swing after he hit an ill-advised shot that went in at the buzzer and gave the Sixers the come-from behind victory over New York.

Forget the fact that he was the reason they had to come from behind in the first place or the fact that he had literally nothing to do with the comeback other than that last shot.
Forget the fact that he didn't throw a single decent pass tonight, that every single one was unbelievably unnecessarily showy, off-target, and late. Forget the fact that he had his entire team out of rhythm for the second straight game thanks to his awful passing.
Forget the fact that he blew multiple layups and floaters. Forget the fact that he literally threw the ball away multiple times tonight and squandered almost every single fast break the Sixers had with atrocious passing and bad decisions.
Forget the fact that he was pretty much responsible for every single basket Derrick Rose scored entirely due to giving zero effort on defense -including standing around in the paint guarding nobody both on Rose's layup that made it 97-94 and his drawing three Sixers' help defenders to free three Knicks for wide open shots and set up a wide open three that Kristaps Porzingis airballed while TJ stood around.

Forget all of that. "TJ won this game" because people who watch basketball entirely to be entertained can't comprehend anything beyond that, and most people who write or talk about basketball these days are that type.

Well I'm not that type, and I don't write this or any other blog for that type so if you're looking for that completely inaccurate bullshit, look elsewhere.
If, however, you're looking to find out what actually happened tonight then continue reading.

TJ got credit for the Sixers getting out to a 4-0 lead to start the game. He got credit for this despite not once bothering to even attempt to guard Derrick Rose other than to contest a three he took. He got credit for this despite his passes from the very beginning being late, off-target, and after overdribbling. This is the way the Sixers' broadcasts go and have ever since it was Iverson playing this way.

In reality, it was Ersan who hit two shots early off of terrible passes from TJ, and Embiid who bailed him out down low by corralling his bad, late pass and going up strong with it for a layup. In reality, it was Melo bricking a three rather than recognizing Rose was wide open thanks to TJ not bothering to guard him that led to the fast-break going the other way which set up one of those scores.

In reality, the Sixers won in part because they lucked out that TJ's atrocious play didn't cost them -or because they bailed his ass out- on some huge plays.

There were two huge plays in particular where the Sixers flat out don't win this game if they don't get bailed out.

First TJ set up Robert Covington for the charge with a late pass -something he does to his teammates constantly- on the play where Nik Stauskas drained the huge three off the perfect pass from Covington but luckily for the Sixers, it wasn't called.
Second, after standing around in the paint and not even bothering to guard Derrick Rose when he drove into the paint for an easy layup to put New York up by three, TJ did the exact same thing -forcing three Sixers to play help defense on Rose while he stood around the paint guarding nobody and freeing up three Knicks players for wide open looks on the perimeter- but Kristaps Porzingis airballed a wide open three, while TJ stood around just outside the paint guarding nobody entirely to pad his rebounding stats.

If either of these plays go New York's way, the Knicks leave The Center with a victory.

With the exception of a stretch in the third, the offense functioned extremely well when TJ either wasn't on the floor or barely touched the ball, and you saw the efficient, unselfish offense this team is capable of.
When he was used as the facilitator of the offense, however, the Sixers missed shots and turned the ball over more times than not.
Almost single miss when TJ was on the floor was because he made an awful pass that had to be adjusted to.
He threw a completely unnecessary alley-oop so off-target that Nerlens couldn't convert it. The next play -on yet another fast break that wasn't caused by him- he made an atrocious pass that almost bounced off of Nerlens' hands and forced him to corral it with two hands, rendering him unable to drive to the hoop and forcing him to make what was a great pass and smart decision but one that was read all the way by New York.
If TJ makes an even remotely good pass on either of those possessions, it's a Nerlens fast-break dunk. Instead, TJ does what he does pretty much every single offensive play, and yet again a teammate gets blamed for a turnover that was really TJ's fault.
Both of Embiid's missed threes were off of atrocious, showy passes from TJ. One was behind the back -something Nik Stauskas does on-target with ease- and another was an underhand shovel pass -a favorite of showy "point guards" like John Wall, Kyrie, and for years Rajon Rondo-, which he threw to Ersan and others as well. All of these passes predictably led to misses as they were not timely nor on-target.

TJ was the reason the Sixers were down for large periods of this game. He was the entire reason they got down by double-digits.
His bad, showy passing -often after overdribbling- got his entire team out of rhythm. They had to fight themselves all night long because TJ was so atrocious as the point guard the entire night that nobody could get into a rhythm. Watch the tape if you don't believe me.

The same players you'd expect it from at this point saved this game and got the Sixers back into it.
Gerald Henderson started hitting shots and attacking offensively. Robert Covington attacked all game long, often either drawing contact or making just excellent passes to set up teammates off of his penetration. TLC and Nerlens came in and gave the Sixers huge minutes, and Ersan and Embiid made key, timely offensive plays that either led to a score or a foul.
As bad as Stauskas and Sergio played, they each made an excellent pass to set up a teammate for an easy bucket at a time when the Sixers needed it the most. Stauskas made a laser of a direct pass to Ilyasova from beyond the arc to give him an easy layup when the defense was caught napping, and Sergio set up I believe it was Saric for a wide open mid-range jumper on a laser-accurate pass to his right off the drive.

Then TJ would come in and squander the lead again, time after time tonight.

People who don't know basketball think it's a coincidence that neither Ersan Ilyasova nor Nik Stauskas -the Sixers' two best shooters this year by far- could hit a three or even a jumper off of a pass from TJ.
They think it's a coincidence that ever since TJ threw him a pass that was so atrocious it almost came up and hit him in the face off the bounce in the win over Minnesota, the formerly death-and-taxes reliable Ilyasova can't hit shots to save his life and is completely out of rhythm offensively.
They think it's a coincidence that Robert Covington starts off games TJ starts ice cold then finally hits some shots when people other than TJ pass him the ball. They think it's a coincidence that Joel Embiid eventually looks spastic and out of rhythm with the ball in every single game he plays with TJ.
It's not a coincidence. It's what happens when you play with a garbage "point guard" who never bothers to make the right pass at the right time in the right way. Ever.

Give Melo credit. Covington and Saric played pretty excellent defense on him -as did Ilyasova at times- but he was flat out almost unguardable tonight. He hit tough shot after tough shot, and along with Derrick Rose almost single-handedly won this game for the Knicks.
Give credit to Kyle O'Quinn, who was so huge that he already had a double-double before the half! Give credit to Lance Thomas, who made some big plays at times.

Don't however give credit to Derrick Rose or Brandon Jennings, as both were pretty much playing against zero defense almost the entire game thanks to TJ yet again not even bothering to guard his man and Sergio and Nik Stauskas being no match for either Knicks point guard. Again, watch the tape if you don't believe me.

Give credit to Robert Covington not just for his two huge threes to give the Sixers the lead again or his excellent defense and timely rebounds but also for his aggressive play offensively the entire game and his setting up teammates with unselfish, on-target passes despite being in a position to score if he really wanted to. Covington has exemplified everything Brett Brown preaches since his rookie year, even in the 2015 Rookie-Sophomore showcase game.
Give credit to Ersan for the same things, for yet again coming up big whether with savvy offensive plays, great passes, or tough defense despite being out of rhythm all game and even at times hearing boos from the fickle ass bandwagon fans in the crowd. Without Ersan, the Sixers would be winless this season. Period.
Give credit to Gerald Henderson for yet gain coming up big offensively when the Sixers needed it most in addition to his very good overall play. I really can't say enough about how well he has played and the effort he's given on both ends despite his hip injury.
Give credit to Dario Saric for rising to the challenge of going up against Melo, even if Melo won that battle today. He played tough defense and showed the kind of fight and poise that this Sixers team is all about.
Give credit to Sergio Rodriguez and Nik Stauskas for never giving up or mailing it in despite struggling with their shot, and for making exactly the right pass in exactly the right way when the Sixers needed it most. Without those two plays or Stauskas' huge three, the Sixers don't win tonight. Period. This is what Sixers basketball under Brett Brown is all about.
Give credit to TLC and Nerlens for giving the Sixers huge minutes not just defensively but on offense as well. This is becoming a pattern with these two in this current hot streak, and that's not a coincidence.
Give credit to the Sixers' bigs for making the Knicks' franchise player Kristaps Porzingis look human. Don't for a second be fooled into thinking his struggles weren't entirely due to how hard they made things for him all night long.
Give credit to Joel Embiid, who was a problem -even on a sprained ankle- despite being completely out of rhythm thanks to TJ's point guard play and having to fight that all night -which led to his injury, as he was trying to drive to the hoop with unsure footwork- and even hitting that absolutely huge three late in the fourth. If he doesn't hit that three, the game is over.

Don't however give credit for this win to the player who is least deserving of it all because he hit what was in reality a really poor, ill-advised shot over three taller players. To do so is to insult the players who were the only reason he was put into that position.
They clawed back from the hole TJ put them in time after time in this game with his selfish play on offense and unbelievably lazy defense. They battled against being completely out of rhythm thanks to him the entire game. They dug deep and made the big plays that got the Sixers the lead, time and time again. All TJ did was hit a lucky shot.

The fact that the Sixers battled back in this game and were able to consistently dig deep and claw their way out of the hole that TJ put them in time after time in this game is nothing short of impressive. The fact that Ersan, Stauskas, and Covington could all shake off the way TJ had thrown them off offensively all game long and hit big shots when the Sixers needed it most shows the kind of players they are.
What it also shows though is that TJ is literally the only player on this team who doesn't care about throwing an on-target pass or making the right play. The entire rest of the team is unselfish and plays hard game after game. It's maddening to watch that constantly be squandered and/or to watch this team regress thanks to TJ's atrocious point guard play every time you think they're finally turning a corner.

It really pains me that we've had a Sixers team that represents Philly perfectly for three years yet it's the player who holds The Process back with his atrocious, lazy, self-centered play that gets the love while the players around him that he makes worse game in and game out unfairly get the hate despite playing their damn hearts out.
Call me a hater all you want but it was beyond clear who won this game tonight for the Sixers, and it wasn't TJ.
It's also beyond clear that yet again it's coming at the cost of the development of the players who are much, much more important to the Sixers' future. Wasn't development the whole damn point of the past four years we've suffered through, or is this the rebuilding of the late '00s all over again? Great to see a win but was it really worth it considering the potential cost?
prh

Post by prh »

he hit an ill-advised shot that went in at the buzzer
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How can a buzzer shot possibly be ill-advised? Especially since he didn't create the situation, someone passed him the ball with no other options.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

prh wrote:

How can a buzzer shot possibly be ill-advised? Especially since he didn't create the situation, someone passed him the ball with no other options.
First, the comments on that article are gold.

Second, maybe he should have crossed them up and NOT shot the ball. Like in Austin Powers, he also likes to live dangerously.

Finally, if my Facebook wasn't under my government name, I would get all up in those comments. Call me a hater...yeah, we all do call you a hater. He reminds me of the racist TO hater in this Bill Burr bit:

https://youtu.be/N2HlzYds388" target="_blank
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

prh wrote:

Your answer is right there in his last paragraph:
It really pains me that we've had a Sixers team that represents Philly perfectly for three years
... in other words Philly is perfectly represented by LOSERS and anything that detracts from that persona by contributing to a winning effort is not just "ill-advised" but holding
The Process back with his atrocious, lazy, self-centered play
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

CSM mentioned TJ has a shitty contract.....anyone know what it is?

That guy deserves all the success he gets....so proud he's a Wildcat!
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Phillyfan has gone full "Flat Earth". . .
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:CSM mentioned TJ has a shitty contract.....anyone know what it is?

He's at the league minimum, and locked in for another year. I'm guessing that Philly won't renegotiate unless the fans or coaching staff start making noise about not being willing to lose him. He's not there yet, so it's likely he'll continue making the minimum and then hit the free agent market.

By the way, that asshole blaming TJ for other guys' injuries can go fuck a cactus. $10 says that if he ever saw TJ in person, he'd ask him for his autograph.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:CSM mentioned TJ has a shitty contract.....anyone know what it is?

http://hoopshype.com/player/tj-mcconnell/salary/" target="_blank

The upside of the minimum is that normal people would kill for that minimum.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Was just getting ready to post that. $875k per and Philly is going to exercise at least one of those team options, at $1 million for a guy who is 9th in the NBA (all positions, no minimum # of assists required) he is a steal and invaluable when you factor in salary cap space.

LMAO @ ill-advised shot. Clearly, you can do much better than a 15-foot shot at the buzzer with a defender who isn't even in your zip code.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Chicat wrote: By the way, that asshole blaming TJ for other guys' injuries can go fuck a cactus. $10 says that if he ever saw TJ in person, he'd ask him for his autograph.
So you're telling me that the guy who keeps trying to fight me over the internet is NOT someone to fear and cower from and is, in fact, a little bitch?

I'll be damned!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

That article comments section just keeps getting better.

He CHOSE not to play basketball.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:That article comments section just keeps getting better.

He CHOSE not to play basketball.
I'm in this dude's head and he thinks it's the opposite because he lives his life on HIS terms! It's just so much fun to fuck with people like that.