Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Dosia

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by Dosia »

KaibabKat wrote:There is no way in the world that Goodman published this without the implied blessing of more than one person with very large offices in McKale Center. And, isn't it just a tad bit interesting that Trier's attorney had a statement all ready for him to release within minutes of the ESPN story hitting the internet?
The statement came like 2 hrs later.
Wildcatazfan

Post by Wildcatazfan »

Trier deleted his last tweet
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The original article made it read he was caught doing PEDs. Hardly the case
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Olsondogg wrote:The original article made it read he was caught doing PEDs. Hardly the case
Yeah Goodman needs to be taken out back and have a baseball bat administered to his typing fingers...has he always hated UA?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:The original article made it read he was caught doing PEDs. Hardly the case
Yeah Goodman needs to be taken out back and have a baseball bat administered to his typing fingers...has he always hated UA?
Ever since he graduated, I guess.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Yes. Ever since they "exited the tourney early in 3 of 4 years at UA"

That's from his bio.

Oh the other year? Final 4.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

Wildcatazfan wrote:Trier deleted his last tweet

It would appear he deleted Twitter altogether
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Shit...what would that mean?
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

CalStateTempe wrote:Shit...what would that mean?
My guess is "fuck you trolls I don't need this nonsense."
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

From what I read before he went dark was lots of support from UofA fans.

With friends like Goodman, who needs enemies...
Wildcatazfan

Post by Wildcatazfan »

You guys would be surprised to hear who the person is rumored to have given him the PED after the car crash. Let's see if anyone can guess it.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Wildcatazfan wrote:You guys would be surprised to hear who the person is rumored to have given him the PED after the car crash. Let's see if anyone can guess it.
My first guess is Goodman, what did I win?
g32knights

Post by g32knights »

Wildcatazfan wrote:You guys would be surprised to hear who the person is rumored to have given him the PED after the car crash. Let's see if anyone can guess it.

I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark here and say ACE?
Wildcatazfan

Post by Wildcatazfan »

Xavier Johnson J/k
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Of course a lot of people have already said it was a nurse after the car accident...but that is still just a rumor now isn't it?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

how could a nurse give an prescription med, unless it was OTC?

What was the name of the medication/supplement?

If nurses want to treat and manage care, they should have probably gone to medical school.

Three words, repeat after me: Scope of practice.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

CalStateTempe wrote:how could a nurse give an prescription med, unless it was OTC?

If nurses want to treat and manage care, they should have probably gone to medical school.

The NCAA does not specify WHICH products they only specify a CLASS of products, they even say on their web site to be careful of supplements since many contain banned substances, so OTC is a moot point here...you can buy banned substances OTC in the form of supplements, so an inhaler with a steroid is not out of scope...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:how could a nurse give an prescription med, unless it was OTC?

The NCAA does not specify WHICH products they only specify a CLASS of products, they even say on their web site to be careful of supplements since many contain banned substances, so OTC is a moot point here...you can buy banned substances OTC in the form of supplements, so an inhaler with a steroid is not out of scope...
steroids are a broad class of agents, nor are "inhalers" OTC.

Again, if a nurse gave an "inhaler" then this provider was acting outside their scope of practice.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

furthermore, inhaled corticosteroids such as beclomethasone and fluticasone are categorically different than anabolic steroids that can typically be found cut into supplements or our supplements themselves.

Its the anabolic steroids which get stored in fat and are eliminated though anaerobic metabolism.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

A nurse practitioner can prescribe with a documented assessment, including controlled substances. I see a a PRN instead of my doctor for my adderall refills every 90 days.
Wildcatazfan

Post by Wildcatazfan »

I was told Stanley Johnson was involved in this mess.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

splitsecond wrote:

A nurse practitioner can prescribe with a documented assessment, including controlled substances. I see a a PRN instead of my doctor for my adderall refills every 90 days.
Even so this management plan still needs to be signed off by an attending physician. Don't get me wrong, NP's serve an incredibly useful role to the health system, but in this case, if a provider was involved and advised AT outside a formal clinical encounter, they done fucked up as they say in the south.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Wildcatazfan wrote:I was told Stanley Johnson was involved in this mess.
you're kidding me...
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

CalStateTempe wrote:
splitsecond wrote:

Even so this management plan still needs to be signed off by an attending physician. Don't get me wrong, NP's serve an incredibly useful role to the health system, but in this case, if a provider was involved and advised AT outside a formal clinical encounter, they done fucked up as they say in the south.
well yes, clearly. if it was any medical professional, there is clearly a malpractice claim here as anyone treating a college or professional athlete knowingly should avail themselves to knowing what is or is not a banned substance.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lastly, in being a planned leak from the AD vs unplanned leak, I am inclined to say unplanned because goodmans article does not paint AT, the program and by extension Miller in a positive light and stirs up more questions for the casual college Bb fan then accurately detailing the situation.

I feel terrible for Alonzo. Even more than I though I possibly could over this situation.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

g32knights wrote:

I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark here and say ACE?

If this is true I'm half minded to pay somebody to fly to Tucson and catch a case.

There is no way Zo is hanging w Ace though right??
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Arizona’s Allonzo Trier tested positive for PEDs

January 19th, 2017

Arizona guard Allonzo Trier tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug, which led to his indefinite suspension, ESPN’s Jeff Goodman first reported.

Trier has been cleared by the NCAA to return, but cannot play until the substance is entirely out of his system.

The levels have decreased, but traces of the drug must be completely gone before he is allowed to take the court. It’s unclear whether Trier will be able to return this season.

In a statement, Trier wrote that he had no idea how he tested positive and said he had never knowingly taken a banned substance. He said he was given the unnamed drug by a “well-intentioned but misguided” person as her recovered from an injury. The NCAA agreed with his version of events, and he is eligible to come back once his test results are clean.

"I am not allowed to resume playing in games until the substance completely leaves my body even at a trace amount," Trier said in his statement. "Unfortunately, I am unsure of when that time will be, but I hope it is soon. I want to thank my family, coaches, teammates, my attorney and the athletics department for their support during this difficult time

The sophomore guard averaged 14.8 points per game as a freshman and was expected to pace the Wildcats as a scorer, but has not appeared in a game due to the suspension.

Arizona has gotten strong contributions from freshman guards Rawle Alkins and Kobi Simmons in Trier’s absence, with senior Kadeem Allen and junior Parker Jackson-Cartwright rounding out the backcourt.

The Wildcats are 16–2 (5–0 Pac-12) without Trier this season. Arizona takes on USC on Thursday and UCLA on Saturday.

- Jeremy Woo and Scooby Axson

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/20 ... eds-update" target="_blank
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Goodman is the worst. UA should rescind his degree.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote:
prh wrote:Scheer posited that maybe the leak is from the outside, specifically UCLA. After reading the ESPN article, there's no way that was based on information from us, because it's missing info that drastically changes the tone of the article/situation.
where did he write this, because i don't see it.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Scheer was joking.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

This is another masterwork in the halls of asinine NCAA decisionmaking.

Performance enhancing drugs are banned due to their potential to enhance performance. We're well after the period that any PED could have a physiological effect on Allonzo. Setting the threshold at elimination from the body makes no sense. There's no chance that whatever drug is still in his system is actually physically affecting him, but he has to play the waiting game.

I understand a ban until the drug is no longer having physiological effects on the athlete (even though I generally disagree with sports PED policy). I don't get the threshold of absolute elimination from the body at all.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

So how long does it take for trace amounts to leave the body? What kind of drug/meds was he given? :?
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

Alonzo should have been pounding 5 gallons of water a day, wearing a body suit 24/7 to burn fat to eliminate the contaminant...And I had the same thought right away as mentioned above, such a weird aspect about this, the requirement of 100% bodily elimination before he can play, when the current tiny fractional amount in his body has 0 effect on his play on the court right now, SO dumb.
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

HiCat wrote:So how long does it take for trace amounts to leave the body? What kind of drug/meds was he given? :?
I believe every indication is the amount has been declining, to the point that it may reach zero any day now, but it also may remain in his system through the end of the season. There is really no way to anticipate what it will do
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

baconus66 wrote:
HiCat wrote:So how long does it take for trace amounts to leave the body? What kind of drug/meds was he given? :?
I believe every indication is the amount has been declining, to the point that it may reach zero any day now, but it also may remain in his system through the end of the season. There is really no way to anticipate what it will do

Yep, sounds about right, given Miller's comments recently.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Medically speaking, we never use absolute elimination in the real world, but this is the NCAA we are talking about however.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I don't get the hate for Goodman. He is doing his job just like every sports writer who asked every week to Miller and the AD. Also there were things out before Goodman's article. If Goodman gets a hold of this and doesn't go with it he gets in trouble with ESPN. Just seems weird we all wanted to know for months then we get mad at the messenger.

Seems like it was an accident and hopefully the test result we all want comes soon. Bear Down and beat the Trojans.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

My deductive work about the origin of the ped.

1. It must be pretty innocent. The NCAA drug policy is pretty draconian, so if Trier did not get an auto-365, it must be a sympathetic story about how he ingested it.

2. The publicly released info is pretty notably silent on how he ingested it. Why would Trier/Arizona be silent if it is fairly innocent and would paint Trier in a sympathetic light?

Conclusion 1: Someone connected with Arizona is involved with ingestion. The only real reason not to name the source (even in general terms) is PR blowback for the university. If it was Trier's camp that could be embarassed, I don't know why there wouldn't at least be a general reference to the origin.

Conclusion 2: God hates Arizona basketball.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:I don't get the hate for Goodman.
My dislike of Goodman stems first and foremost from his ESPN bio where he says that during his four years at UofA the basketball team was defeated in the first round of the tournament 3 times. Of course he fails to mention that the other year they went to the Final Four. He also seems to go out of his way to diss Arizona. For instance, he interviewed Shaq about his son and mentioned that Kentucky and LSU were recruiting him. Shaq was the one who had to bring up Arizona. I know that Goodman knows Arizona is recruiting Shareef, so why not mention them too?

As for this instance, I have no problem with Goodman reporting on the Trier situation. You'd think though that his original report would have mentioned that he took it inadvertently. The way the story was originally reported by him it made it seem like Trier was on PEDs and got busted. I don't think that's particularly responsible, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and figure that Trier and Miller wouldn't talk to Goodman when he called to say he was filing a story . . . probably because he's an asshat who hates his alma mater.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

In regards to the O'Neal recruitment deal, Kentucky and LSU are 1. Not seriously involved and 2. Not being considered at the moment. If Goodman was being genuine he would've asked about Arizona and UCLA, but he's a side mouth talking douche so yeah.

Also in regards to a nurse giving Trier the stuff, that'd be the first I've heard of it. I'm no emergency room expert, but I've never known ERs to carry a SARM to treat patients.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I think spiffs conclusion #1 is correct as is a choos knowledge of the ED formulary.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

so he unknowingly ingested some innocuous drug - BFD. why the cone of silence for 4 months just tell everyone what's up so we can move on instead of having the distraction and speculation.

Trier wanted to keep everyone in suspense I guess (or miller)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RiseAndFire wrote:so he unknowingly ingested some innocuous drug - BFD. why the cone of silence for 4 months just tell everyone what's up so we can move on instead of having the distraction and speculation.

Thank god you showed up Rise&Fart. I thought that with all the wins this season you might have hung yourself from a rafter in your mom's basement.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

RiseAndFire wrote:so he unknowingly ingested some innocuous drug - BFD. why the cone of silence for 4 months just tell everyone what's up so we can move on instead of having the distraction and speculation.

My money was on a scenario where you blamed this all on man-to-man defense.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I would like to know what was given and how long it was administered. I get the impression it is staying in his system longer than would be expected.
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

Based on the timing you kind of have to wonder if Byrne wanted it kept silent and Trier or Miller wanted it released
Dave

Post by Dave »

I think the silence had to be Byrne related. Miller finally semi opens up about the situation in the same breath he is talking about Byrne leaving.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dcZONAfan wrote:

My money was on a scenario where you blamed this all on man-to-man defense.
This silence is just more evidence that Miller is too set in his ways. He should have just played zone and immediately released a long statement about Zo's personal health info.

I actually tend to believe that this is likely strategic based on a desire to resolve the situation with the NCAA. The public response has not been condemning Zo, but instead dealing with the oddness of him twisting in the wind when we all know any actual PED effect is long gone.
TFCATFAN

Post by TFCATFAN »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Goodman comes across as a college kid who was in love with a slut, but she was being passed around by the basketball team, so he hates the basketball team....

Who knows?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Given how this has played out, I'd be very surprised if Trier remains suspended for the duration of the season. He'll be back. Probably not this week, but it's coming.