let's talk '17

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: let's talk '17

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:I have a hard time believing a guy is going to take an official visit to his hometown school that he's been to 163926293627 times already before he makes a decision and doesn't leave without a commitment. I know he may be telling the Arizona coaches differently at the moment, but you don't give your hometown school one more chance without going into that visit ready to be flipped.
I think it's an unofficial. Not sure if that changes your feeling.
It's been changed to an official.
I don't know why any recruit wouldn't take every official visit he could.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PennZona20 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:I have a hard time believing a guy is going to take an official visit to his hometown school that he's been to 163926293627 times already before he makes a decision and doesn't leave without a commitment. I know he may be telling the Arizona coaches differently at the moment, but you don't give your hometown school one more chance without going into that visit ready to be flipped.
Choo you've never really been all that positive on Bowen to UA. Care to explain why the pessimism? I think this team is in such a great spot we are Final 4 caliber with or without him as long as we only lose LM and one of the 3 combo guards.
Just from observing numerous recruitments similar to this one it doesn't jive with a happy ending for Arizona. The kid has reportedly been leaning towards Arizona for months, but has been continually putting off his commitment for months at a time. If he was a regional recruit (CA, NV, AZ, etc.) I wouldn't be as worried, but the fact that he's a midwest kid, who keeps dragging Arizona along without a public commitment for months now and decides to take one last visit to his hometown school when he already knows what his hometown school offers in spades at this point just doesn't make it look good for Arizona in the end. If the recent Lonnie Walker recruitment has shown, kids who are not from Arizona's region, who favor Arizona and put off their commitment are very susceptible to being plucked away by another school come decision time.

I'm totally with you that next year's team with him sets up as a very good one, but I also don't believe kids and their circles choose schools for the same reasons that you or I would.

I hope the kid proves me wrong and Arizona's confidence is high for a reason.

On another note I have a buddy who's a MSU grad and pays as equal attention to MSU bball as we do AZ bball, he said MSU insiders have said AZ has led for a very long time, but MSU has made up some ground and they feel pretty confident every thing is equal between us and MSU at this point. If that's accurate then obvious edge to MSU who gets a visit before he decides and we don't.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PennZona20 wrote:
Choo you've never really been all that positive on Bowen to UA. Care to explain why the pessimism? I think this team is in such a great spot we are Final 4 caliber with or without him as long as we only lose LM and one of the 3 combo guards.
Just from observing numerous recruitments similar to this one it doesn't jive with a happy ending for Arizona. The kid has reportedly been leaning towards Arizona for months, but has been continually putting off his commitment for months at a time. If he was a regional recruit (CA, NV, AZ, etc.) I wouldn't be as worried, but the fact that he's a midwest kid, who keeps dragging Arizona along without a public commitment for months now and decides to take one last visit to his hometown school when he already knows what his hometown school offers in spades at this point just doesn't make it look good for Arizona in the end. If the recent Lonnie Walker recruitment has shown, kids who are not from Arizona's region, who favor Arizona and put off their commitment are very susceptible to being plucked away by another school come decision time.

I'm totally with you that next year's team with him sets up as a very good one, but I also don't believe kids and their circles choose schools for the same reasons that you or I would.

I hope the kid proves me wrong and Arizona's confidence is high for a reason.

On another note I have a buddy who's a MSU grad and pays as equal attention to MSU bball as we do AZ bball, he said MSU insiders have said AZ has led for a very long time, but MSU has made up some ground and they feel pretty confident every thing is equal between us and MSU at this point. If that's accurate then obvious edge to MSU who gets a visit before he decides and we don't.
Damn, Triple C making some really good arguments here......have felt the same way for a while too so I'm hoping to be wrong.....Lonnie Walker was a huge disappointment.....the timing of Bowen's visit then announcement is concerning.

But then again....'Miller is a witch!' ;-)
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Yeah the Lonnie thing was disappointing and we basically were hoping Bowen would take Lonnies spot as the high level 2/3 we were looking for to pair w Randolph on perimeter so that would make it suck all the more.

I think w the run Arizona may have this year it's safe to assume LM and prob AT are gone. That leaves 2 spots. Hopefully for Bowen and a Duval miracle. If not I'm sure the PG position would be fine w a senior PJC and Simmons.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PennZona20 wrote:Yeah the Lonnie thing was disappointing and we basically were hoping Bowen would take Lonnies spot as the high level 2/3 we were looking for to pair w Randolph on perimeter so that would make it suck all the more.

I think w the run Arizona may have this year it's safe to assume LM and prob AT are gone. That leaves 2 spots. Hopefully for Bowen and a Duval miracle. If not I'm sure the PG position would be fine w a senior PJC and Simmons.
I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to throw Simmons into any possible lineup for next year.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

If we get Bowen, awesome. If not, I am not going to lose any sleep. A backcourt of PJC, Simmons, alkins, smith, barcello, and Randolph should be just fine with the all the towers inside.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Frybry02 wrote:If we get Bowen, awesome. If not, I am not going to lose any sleep. A backcourt of PJC, Simmons, alkins, smith, barcello, and Randolph should be just fine with the all the towers inside.
Once again, I wouldn't go out of my way to include Simmons in a possible lineup for next season, hence the importance of landing Bowen.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Are u hearing this from people close to the team??

Because Kobi could literally skyrocket from the 17 to the 18 draft.

I'm talking from possible 2nd round pick to back end lotto type movement if he comes back. That's likely 15 spots in draft and obvious guaranteed contract. Man I'd hate to see the kid pull a Grant Jarrett and mess up his future just cuz it's a race to get to the L.

If he can display some consistent pg skills next year, mid first round pick isn't that far-fetched. He's not going in the top 25 this year. That's guaranteed unless he absolutely rains hellfire in the tourney.
Bangkok Wildcat

PennZona20 wrote:Are u hearing this from people close to the team??

I'm talking from possible 2nd round pick to back end lotto type movement if he comes back. That's likely 15 spots in draft and obvious guaranteed contract. Man I'd hate to see the kid pull a Grant Jarrett and mess up his future just cuz it's a race to get to the L.

If he can display some consistent pg skills next year, mid first round pick isn't that far-fetched. He's not going in the top 25 this year. That's guaranteed unless he absolutely rains hellfire in the tourney.

This!!! Nice post PennZona 20!

Saw a pic of Jerrett in the team video below and thought how disappointing his move was....especially since Ashley went down the following year and he could have been the difference maker that year with that talented team.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Yup. I think about it all the time. That team in 2013-14 should have been a national title team. For a myriad of different reasons. Both Jarrett and Ashley were tremendous outside shooters as stretch 4s. Not to mention they were both MASSIVE w massive wingspans. Ashley was a little more complete because he could play in the paint more effectively and rebound much better, but that team SHOULD have been so loaded. If either Jarrett comes back like 99% of players do in his spot, or Ashley doesn't get hurt , we win the title.

It still makes me sick to think about
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Let's just say I have an inkling of info, but nothing concrete yet.

Your stance is more than reasonable, but why did Nick Johnson leave early to be a 2nd rounder, why did Brandon Ashley leave early to go undrafted? Some of these kids have a plan and only want to spend a certain amount of time in college no matter how much staying may hurt or help their draft position. Some kids are open to staying when they would've likely been drafted after their freshman year (Rondae/Trier) and some aren't open to staying beyond a certain point regardless. Logic isn't always utilized in these decisions unfortunately.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Your stance is more than reasonable, but why did Nick Johnson leave early to be a 2nd rounder, why did Brandon Ashley leave early to go undrafted? Some of these kids have a plan and only want to spend a certain amount of time in college no matter how much staying may hurt or help their draft position. Some kids are open to staying when they would've likely been drafted after their freshman year (Rondae/Trier) and some aren't open to staying beyond a certain point regardless. Logic isn't always utilized in these decisions unfortunately.
I hear ya but how much higher was Nick gonna go if he stayed for his Senior year? Would Bash have even been drafted if he stayed?

Kobi would literally go from 2nd rounder to getting drafted in the teens. This is a bad year to come out early unless you are obvious lotto. This draft is LOADED at the PG position , which is his position in the L.

The only idiotic EE decision I can think of is GJ, and we see where he's at these days. If Kobi leaves after this year, provided he doesn't light up the brackets , he's gonna have an uphill battle to stick.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PennZona20 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

I hear ya but how much higher was Nick gonna go if he stayed for his Senior year? Would Bash have even been drafted if he stayed?

Kobi would literally go from 2nd rounder to getting drafted in the teens. This is a bad year to come out early unless you are obvious lotto. This draft is LOADED at the PG position , which is his position in the L.

The only idiotic EE decision I can think of is GJ, and we see where he's at these days. If Kobi leaves after this year, provided he doesn't light up the brackets , he's gonna have an uphill battle to stick.
Nick was in line for 1st team All American accolades if he returned. Does that mean he'd be drafted higher? Not necessarily, but it's not like coming back for another year when he would've spent the entire year in the limelight would've hurt. Bash didn't get drafted, so I fail to see how returning would've hurt him as well.

I don't disagree with anything you say here. Kobi is at best a late 1st rounder and it would take a huge combine for him to rise that high. I disagree with you that PG is his pro position. He's suited very well for the wing IMO.

To Kobi's credit he's performed 10x better than Grant Jerrett did in his one year in college. Kobi's proven he can handle this level of competition, Jerrett did not. So, I can't say I agree that Kobi would have the same difficulties as Jerrett, or at least say it for sure.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PennZona20 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Nick was in line for 1st team All American accolades if he returned. Does that mean he'd be drafted higher? Not necessarily, but it's not like coming back for another year when he would've spent the entire year in the limelight would've hurt. Bash didn't get drafted, so I fail to see how returning would've hurt him as well.

I don't disagree with anything you say here. Kobi is at best a late 1st rounder and it would take a huge combine for him to rise that high. I disagree with you that PG is his pro position. He's suited very well for the wing IMO.

To Kobi's credit he's performed 10x better than Grant Jerrett did in his one year in college. Kobi's proven he can handle this level of competition, Jerrett did not. So, I can't say I agree that Kobi would have the same difficulties as Jerrett, or at least say it for sure.
Nick was a 1st team AA as a junior.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dcZONAfan wrote: Nick was a 1st team AA as a junior.
Yep and he didn't get half the hype that he would have the following year coming off a 1st team AA campaign.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Your stance is more than reasonable, but why did Nick Johnson leave early to be a 2nd rounder, why did Brandon Ashley leave early to go undrafted? Some of these kids have a plan and only want to spend a certain amount of time in college no matter how much staying may hurt or help their draft position. Some kids are open to staying when they would've likely been drafted after their freshman year (Rondae/Trier) and some aren't open to staying beyond a certain point regardless. Logic isn't always utilized in these decisions unfortunately.
The difference between Simmons and Nick was Nick was as good as he was going to be, and had just played on a high profile team with plenty of exposure. He wasn't going to grow, wasn't going to get PG minutes with TJ. He and BASH were in the same place...the weaknesses they had were going to be the weaknesses they would have after senior year, so might as well get on with it and get an extra year of earning in. NBA Scouts don't care about AA honors. Many an AA has gone undrafted, many a #1 pick fell short of the #1 awards in college. It is 100% about potential.

Kobi is a different case. He absolutely can get stronger, can improve his shot, and can become a more complete player on both ends of the floor with another year. He is thin, still is prone to poor decision making, and really needs another year (or two, but let's just say one) both in the weight room and learning what decision to make in different scenarios against a slower competition.

Nick and BASH had played huge starter's minutes, and had exhausted what the college game could give to them. You could say they had 2 extra years of college at Findlay Prep. They were going to be the same player, and in BASH's case, on a lesser team.

Yet I am reading the same tealeaves with Kobi. Not sure what his deal is...inability to stay eligible, hates Arizona, has bad advisors...but he would absolutely be making the mistake of a lifetime to leave this year. Because he does have NBA game. The NBA, however, isn't going to develop a 2nd round pick or FA.
Last edited by EVCat on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EVCat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote: Your stance is more than reasonable, but why did Nick Johnson leave early to be a 2nd rounder, why did Brandon Ashley leave early to go undrafted? Some of these kids have a plan and only want to spend a certain amount of time in college no matter how much staying may hurt or help their draft position. Some kids are open to staying when they would've likely been drafted after their freshman year (Rondae/Trier) and some aren't open to staying beyond a certain point regardless. Logic isn't always utilized in these decisions unfortunately.
The difference between Simmons and Nick was Nick was as good as he was going to be, and had just played on a high profile team with plenty of exposure. He wasn't going to grow, wasn't going to get PG minutes with TJ. He and BASH were in the same place...the weaknesses they had were going to be the weaknesses they would have after senior year, so might as well get on with it and get an extra year of earning in. NBA Scouts don't care about AA honors. Many an AA has gone undrafted, many a #1 pick fell short of the #1 awards in college. It is 100% about potential.
I disagree. The hype machine always leads to guys getting drafted higher than they would have otherwise. Yes, Nick was a great player on a great team, but the hype nationally wasn't that big for him, even though in hindsight he was a consensus 1st team AA. The preseason hype and in turn the season long hype that he would have endured if he returned to Arizona one more year as a returning 1st team AA would have been through the roof. Does that make him a better NBA prospect? Of course not. Are numerous NBA teams moronic and follow hype? ABSOLUTELY.

Example A: Jimmer Fredette
Example B: Doug McDermott
Etc. etc. etc.

Btw look at this list, how many 1st teamers went undrafted? I see Sean Kilpatrick in 2014, who actually the AP chose over Nick Johnson (only publication to do so). The rest of these guys I'm certainly struggling to find a non-draftee of the lot.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/awa ... erica.html" target="_blank

EVCat wrote:Yet I am reading the same tealeaves with Kobi. Not sure what his deal is...inability to stay eligible, hates Arizona, has bad advisors...but he would absolutely be making the mistake of a lifetime to leave this year. Because he does have NBA game. The NBA, however, isn't going to develop a 2nd round pick or FA.
The NBA doesn't develop 2nd rounders or FAs? Can't say I agree with that considering the numerous instances where the NBA has done just that, but then again it does depend on the program that drafts him of course. Fwiw he certainly does not hate Arizona, but that doesn't mean he likes school.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Go back some, when players played 3 and 4 years regularly like Nick and BASH did (they were anomalies among top level players). The AA followed the talent, not the other way around. These days, the best players are easily identifiable right out of high school. The All American tag came because they were the best players already. But no one improved their draft status because of that AA...the AA came because they were who they were ability-wise.

I do not see AA status helping kids get drafted higher. An NBA scout might get fooled once by awards, but they are looking at ability, growth potential in the game, and ability. It can be McCollum or a Duke grad, Damion Lillard or Ben Simmons....if they can play at the pro level, the NBA looks at them. Plenty of Euros climbing draft boards who aren't NCAA All Americans.

The reason Nick and Bash left is they got advice from the NBA Scouts that they were not likely to do anything their senior year that would change their draft status. Kobi, if he declares and gets the guidance, won't get the same guidance. Doesn't mean he won't go. But where Nick and Bash were emotional decisions about whether they wanted to play college for one more year, Kobi coming back would be a pure business decision
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EVCat wrote:Go back some, when players played 3 and 4 years regularly like Nick and BASH did (they were anomalies among top level players).

I do not see AA status helping kids. An NBA scout might get fooled once by awards, but they are looking at ability, growth potential in the game, and ability. It can be McCollum or a Duke grad, Damion Lillard or Ben Simmons....if they can play at the pro level, the NBA looks at them. Plenty of Euros climbing draft boards who aren't NCAA All Americans.

The reason Nick and Bash left is they got advice from the NBA Scouts that they were not likely to do anything their senior year that would change their draft status. Kobi, if he declares and gets the guidance, won't get the same guidance. Doesn't mean he won't go. But where Nick and Bash were emotional decisions about whether they wanted to play college for one more year, Kobi coming back would be a pure business decision
You're missing the point, it's not the AA status, it's the hype train. Hype train matters, hype train gets fan approval, hype train sells tickets. Not all NBA teams are as smart and intricate as you're implying. Either way the reason Nick and Bash left is because going into their Junior seasons they already planned on those being their final years in college regardless of outcome, hence why Miller recruited Stanley Johnson to replace Nick and Ryan Anderson to replace Ashley.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Nick was not pre-determined to leave after his junior year. I don't know BAsh or his situation as well. But Nick was 100% a last second decision, and it went back and forth. His mom went to the airport to fly to Dallas, then was told not to, then went back. That is how often Nick changed his mind at the end. The deciding factor was the evaluation (the family went beyond the regular NBA report and leveraged connections they had personally). Nick was told that it was highly unlikely his draft position would move, and if he hurt himself, he wouldn't be drafted at all, even if the prognosis was full recovery. The only way he would improve his stock through college would be to play a successful PG position and show combo capability with an emphasis at the point. He wasn't going to get those minutes at PG with TJ. And he still almost came back.

Kids come in saying a lot of things...Jamelle told his driver that his trip from TIA to McKale would be the last one because he was one and done. But Nick definitely, without doubt, was not pre-determined before, during, or after his Junior year. Again, with BAsh, I am going off evaluations and what his talent really was. There was nothing left to do at the college level to increase his pro draftability, and he wasn't really about the college experience. But I do not know what went on in his home or with his family.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EVCat wrote:Nick was not pre-determined to leave after his junior year. I don't know BAsh or his situation as well. But Nick was 100% a last second decision, and it went back and forth. His mom went to the airport to fly to Dallas, then was told not to, then went back. That is how often Nick changed his mind at the end. The deciding factor was the evaluation (the family went beyond the regular NBA report and leveraged connections they had personally). Nick was told that it was highly unlikely his draft position would move, and if he hurt himself, he wouldn't be drafted at all, even if the prognosis was full recovery. The only way he would improve his stock through college would be to play a successful PG position and show combo capability with an emphasis at the point. He wasn't going to get those minutes at PG with TJ.

Kids come in saying a lot of things...Jamelle told his driver that his trip from TIA to McKale would be the last one because he was one and done. But Nick definitely, without doubt, was not pre-determined before, during, or after his Junior year. Again, with BAsh, I am going off evaluations and what his talent really was. There was nothing left to do at the college level to increase his pro draftability, and he wasn't really about the college experience. But I do not know what went on in his home or with his family.
Eh it's really not as complicated as you made it out to be. He went into the season with every belief it was his last in college. Did he maybe reconsider things after the season a bit? Sure. Hell Stanley Johnson even did that, but in the end every thing was predetermined before the season. Your point does remain if he got hurt that would be it for him and ditto with the TJ/point guard minutes, but he knew that going into his junior season anyways. Btw I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I heard differently.

With Bash I don't disagree, there was not going to be any hype machine for him, it is what it is. He intended his sophomore year to be his last year, but of course the foot injury derailed that plan.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Why are we discussing Nick Johnson now? Can't we move on? :D
Right where I want to be.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

gumby wrote:Why are we discussing Nick Johnson now? Can't we move on? :D
:cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A" target="_blank
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I was so bummed when that went down. Saw his mom come up to the line to board my flight to Dallas for the Final Four, and she told us he was going to declare. He had been leaning toward staying and things had seemed to flip. I know he had a really hard time leaving. But an NBA type/friend told him to go...

(total aside, but I was really new to this board/TOS, and I came on and told what I had learned...and I got called a few names and told I was an idiot and he was staying (anyone in the know who was a degree or two from the family had reason to believe that because he was saying it up to about 5 hours before I heard different. His mom rushed to fly out to be with him...he was in Dallas getting some award). It was kind of crazy, though...I sourced it as well as I could, and still got called a few names. But the one that always stood out was some poster called me "a child" for saying he was leaving...a child? My posts are generally pretty rational. And this was shitty news, but what a weird thing to say)

He had, in reality, been in college for 5 years with the Findlay thing included. Amazing to think his Sophomore year, that Gilbert Highland team had him, Matt Carlino (who everyone thought would be amazing...he just matured quickly), and Nick Witherall, who was at Washington St for a cup of coffee then at GCU during the pre-Thunder Dan building by Russ Pennell. They were young, lost to Demetrius Walker's St Marys team (that finally got that title (not that they didn't have plenty prior) after Jerryd graduated), and would have dominated the state for the next two years. But Carlino took off to be closer to his presumed Indiana team (then wound up at BYU then senior-transferred to Marquette, averaging in double digits scoring all 4 years) and Nick saw what was up and went to Findlay, which was good for him

(just because I thought it was appropriate to talk more Nick. Love that kid. Was the glue and the emotional bond that kept us together with so many changing parts from 2013-2015).

edited to add Carlino also verballed to UCLA briefly...
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Matt Carlino, wow that's a name I haven't heard or even thought of in awhile. Feels like it was so long ago that he was the next best Arizona kid since Bayless.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:Matt Carlino, wow that's a name I haven't heard or even thought of in awhile. Feels like it was so long ago that he was the next best Arizona kid since Bayless.
I am somewhat surprised at the numbers he put up...he scored in double digits every year, had 4+ assists per game for his whole BYU career, etc. But he just matured really quickly and was as good in 10th grade as he was in 12th grade. And his dad...that was always a problem. If you got him, it was a package deal...
walk-on-wildcat

Post by walk-on-wildcat »

http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/01/16/five ... gan-state/" target="_blank

I know this was last week but it sounds pretty promising. I want this kid to compliment our class. The fact that DeAndre is calling him and recruiting him is a great sign.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Ive never seen such a hard lean lol. Fingers crossed
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EVCat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Matt Carlino, wow that's a name I haven't heard or even thought of in awhile. Feels like it was so long ago that he was the next best Arizona kid since Bayless.
I am somewhat surprised at the numbers he put up...he scored in double digits every year, had 4+ assists per game for his whole BYU career, etc. But he just matured really quickly and was as good in 10th grade as he was in 12th grade. And his dad...that was always a problem. If you got him, it was a package deal...
Some guys are worth the crazy helicopter dad. Matt Carlino was not one of those guys.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Meyer believes Bowen will commit to AZ

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basket ... ary-020317" target="_blank
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

A couple of weeks ago, Bowen broke down why he likes Arizona:

“It’s really a wing program,” he said. “Coach [Sean] Miller is a soon-to-be Hall of Fame coach, I’d say. They really stress the wing factor among guys who got to the NBA, Stanley Johnson is one of those guys. They’ll come in and just make the best of me, how they’ve done for Allonzo Trier, how they’re doing it for Rawle (Alkins) and Kobi Simmons as well, so I can go in there and score the ball.”

And what does he think about the current signees and the possibilities of the 2017-18 season?

"Oh, it really is appealing,” he said. “I think it could be a national championship team, that’s what they’ve said as well. DeAndre (Ayton)’s been calling me a lot, really trying to get me out there, really stressing it.”

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... tment-date" target="_blank
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

A Bowen commit would be pretty damn nice right now.
Bangkok Wildcat

luteformayor2 wrote:A Bowen commit would be pretty damn nice right now.
Couldn't agree more luteformayor2......however after the Lonnie Walker disappointment, I'm trying to keep my hopes in check a bit......Having said this, "Miller's a Witch!" :-)
Jwsisliving

Post by Jwsisliving »

hopefully it didn't help them that on his visit Michigan State got destroyed by Michigan. And no commitment from him on the visit or afterwards. that should be good for us right?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

would think delay = good for us. He knows what his situation is at MSU...he walks in, starts, plays, they might be good if the freshmen carry. He could sign today knowing the situation. They know who is leaving.

At Arizona, things are more fluid. While he may not hold out all the way until declarations are made, he may be sniffing out the Kobi situation, trying to get a feel of who will and won't be back.

It just seems to me MSU is the known. Jalen Jackson and Xavier Tillman are bigs, they are expected to close on Greg Elliott as a pure SG, and Elliott wouldn't scare Bowen anyway. Miles Bridges is gone. So he knows everything there really is to know about MSU. Waiting doesn't give you any additional information as to what they have.

We have questions. Is Kobi coming back? Is Lauri coming back? Is Zo coming back? Is Rawle coming back? All of those questions affect Bowen's potential position. I think we can speak intelligently that Lauri and Zo are gone, and that Rawle should return. But is that smoke from the Kobi fire?

If he is a MSU lean, he should take every visit, but his decision should already be made up...unless he is trying to peek behind our curtain.
gumby

Post by gumby »

dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

gumby

Post by gumby »

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

gumby wrote:
Guy has 10 followers, sounds legit.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yeah but he has a highly reliable source that's secret.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Longhorned wrote:Yeah but he has a highly reliable source that's secret.
Has Ace changed his name again?...I notice his site is not found...
gumby

Post by gumby »

Stop the leaks!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Ira Lee.

https://youtu.be/YGJVDluHGn8" target="_blank
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Has Ace changed his name again?...I notice his site is not found...
oh boy...is that a permanent thing?

We could have a serious internet refugee crisis
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Cats are headed to Spain!

http://www.wildcatclub.org/fls/30710/pd ... er2017.pdf" target="_blank
gumby

Post by gumby »

Kinda like the music.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Jefe wrote:Cats are headed to Spain!

What's the protocol?? Do I just walk around in full Cats gear the entire time they are here? Stand by the huge church in Gottico knowing they will 100% visit?

What do I do when I see them? Do I act cool? Do I get autographs? Do I jump on CSM for a piggyback?

Any and all thoughts welcome :)
Bangkok Wildcat

dcZONAfan wrote:
Jefe wrote:Cats are headed to Spain!

What's the protocol?? Do I just walk around in full Cats gear the entire time they are here? Stand by the huge church in Gottico knowing they will 100% visit?

What do I do when I see them? Do I act cool? Do I get autographs? Do I jump on CSM for a piggyback?

Any and all thoughts welcome :)
YES! Absolutely, unequivocally yes to all the above!!! Damn, you are lucky Dude :-)
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Holy crap. That tour price is outright thievery. You could stay in good hotels every night for half that price.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Puerco wrote:Holy crap. That tour price is outright thievery. You could stay in good hotels every night for half that price.
That or one lucky couple could stay at LA Casa Cardamone for the price of a few 6 packs of bee.... Soda