College Gameday vs UCLA

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

Re: College Gameday vs UCLA

Post by Olsondogg »

Alieberman wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Wait wut??????

And lemme guess, gentle bens is still there....

Didn't mean to mislead...frog and no choves are still there. But they are "different" IMO.
I think you just got old.

I've always been old, and I am legitimately old now...

Look, I was at Frog when the patio reached to the street...where those backed-in parking spots exist today...there was a pool table and like 1, maybe 2 TV's...but you went there for the patio, $2 Corona's and staring at the pretty coeds walking on Uni.

I had friends who worked at No Anchovies when it was a run down pizza place. Nelson was the owner, and they brought home free left over slices when we got home from the bars at 1:00AM.

Yes I am old. I am not handling this fact well.

But fuck it. I'm in Tucson tomorrow for the biggest game that I've been to since the Zags visited a couple years ago. And I am gonna be slightly tipsy, and fucking loud. I'll try to make it louder than the Florida game on my own....I got seats directly under the TV cameras in the lower level...so my view will be as good as it at home.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

97cats wrote:if oregon lost and AZ beats UCLA tomorrow, they would be outright conf champs with the win on Senior day.

if there is a tie between AZ and Oregon, Oregon gets the tiebreaker.

as it sits now due to Cal's collapse, if AZ beats UCLA tomorrow, the CATS still have to beat ASU in Tempe for the outright crown or hope for another Oregon loss.

did i do ok explaining that? LOL
Gotcha, thanks 97. Didn't know that with a win, we still need to beat asu for the season chipper. (With Oregon winning yesterday)

Stupid cal, always a thorn in the cats paw in BB and FB.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Furd over Oregon, just prior to our tip. Make it happen.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Olsondogg wrote:Furd over Oregon, just prior to our tip. Make it happen.
my name is Jon and i endorse this post
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Man you guys are so lucky going to the game tomorrow.

Bearing down in spirit, with dechutes black butte porter (drink of choice when we beat ucla in Jan)

Btw, my wife taught my 2.5 yo daughter to say "bear down" and she surprised me with saying it when I got home from work yesterday. "Bear down daddy". My wife is so awesome like that.

She already has the UofA chants going when she hears them in tv and roots for the "big A wildcats"
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

We have not broken the news to my near 5 and 2 y/o sons that I am going to McKale tomorrow...can't handle the tears that they aren't coming.

Trying hard to sell the trip to Grandma's as an equally fun trip...but it might not be as loud.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I've watched pretty much all the games that I did not attend this year at No Anchovies. Personally I like the remodel -- you gotta keep up with everyone.

Also, tomorrow will top Florida in terms of atmosphere as long as Arizona doesn't stink it up imo. While impressive, the ZonaZoo was technically on Winter Break for that one.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Olsondogg wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

Didn't mean to mislead...frog and no choves are still there. But they are "different" IMO.

Look, I was at Frog when the patio reached to the street...where those backed-in parking spots exist today...there was a pool table and like 1, maybe 2 TV's...but you went there for the patio, $2 Corona's and staring at the pretty coeds walking on Uni.

I had friends who worked at No Anchovies when it was a run down pizza place. Nelson was the owner, and they brought home free left over slices when we got home from the bars at 1:00AM.

But fuck it. I'm in Tucson tomorrow for the biggest game that I've been to since the Zags visited a couple years ago. And I am gonna be slightly tipsy, and fucking loud. I'll try to make it louder than the Florida game on my own....I got seats directly under the TV cameras in the lower level...so my view will be as good as it at home.

I'm old enough that I used to go to the original Gentle Ben's with the basement when I was a student. Not quite as old as Merkin though, never made it to Dooley's / The Stray Cat before it burned down just before my 19th birthday. (drinking age back then)
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Alieberman wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

I'm old enough that I used to go to the original Gentle Ben's with the basement when I was a student. Not quite as old as Merkin though, never made it to Dooley's / The Stray Cat before it burned down just before my 19th birthday. (drinking age back then)
I used to bartend in that basement. Met the mother of my children at Gentle Ben's.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

And it's actually colder than average too. 730 now and it's still near freezing in Tucson
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Damn right. ASU SUCKS
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Lot of disregard for the home team in that opening discussion.
KOQSTRONG

Post by KOQSTRONG »

God I hope we smoke FUCLA. Can't stand losing to them, more than any other team. Did anybody see on twitter that apparently Jason Scheer somehow got Lamar Ball on one of the Arizona radio pregame shows lol?? That should be interesting. Dude is a real piece of work. And the biggest shock that I have read in this thread is that Frog no longer has the patio? Did I read that correctly??!! It's been waaaaayyy too long since I have been back to Tucson.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

Longhorned wrote:Lot of disregard for the home team in that opening discussion.
they might as well have been giving Lonzo a BJ on the set
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

somebody should have aimed for his head. Never liked Jason
prh

Post by prh »

Maybe I don't watch basketball Gameday enough, but that was one of the worst I've seen. Great crowd but lousy content and way too much slobbering over Oregon and UCLA.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Forgot to record game day. Did I Miss anything?

Should I try to find a replay?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

CalStateTempe wrote:Forgot to record game day. Did I Miss anything?

Not really that interesting. The best thing was the Cavs video of Richard Jefferson / Channing Frye and D Williams talking crap to Kevin Love
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

KOQSTRONG wrote:God I hope we smoke FUCLA. Can't stand losing to them, more than any other team. Did anybody see on twitter that apparently Jason Scheer somehow got Lamar Ball on one of the Arizona radio pregame shows lol?? That should be interesting. Dude is a real piece of work. And the biggest shock that I have read in this thread is that Frog no longer has the patio? Did I read that correctly??!! It's been waaaaayyy too long since I have been back to Tucson.
Frog still has a patio. It extends to the sidewalk, I don't think it's any smaller than it used to be as claimed in a post earlier. I don't recall any additional ROW acquisitions along University for the renovation.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Forgot to record game day. Did I Miss anything?

Not really. Feature story was on Josh Hart of Nova being an Eagle Scout. They gave away some faux Oscars with RaquelRod handing out the awards and LM got one. Not really much of anything about AZ or an in-depth discussion of the game. Kinda funny deal with the Cavs - Jefferson, DWill and Channing ganging up on Love. Pretty meh overall I thought. As far as Pac-12 discussion at the top of the show, they're all over Oregon and UCLA.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Didn't even do a 94 feet with Bilas.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Thanks saved me an hour of my Saturday.

Bearing down in force tonight!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Chicat wrote:
Pretty funny.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Jay talked about the foul in this video from yesterday

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »