Observations from McKale North--2017

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

Observations from McKale North--2017

Post by Olsondogg »

Best part about the game. The ASSU "fans". One ASU bro in front of us that said "Sorry, but I'm standing the whole game". He sat about 5 mins into the 2nd, and left with about 6 mins left. He also got in an argument with another ASSU fan that told him "It's guys like you who make us all look bad". There was another college age dude arguing with a UA fan who pointed out to him that the result of the game were "just like football" to which the ASU bro added "wait till baseball..." which I had to chime in "You mean the Arizona team that is undefeated after making the College World Series last year?".

I was done at that point.

Good game, fun atmosphere.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
catgrad97

Re: Observations from McKale North--2017

Post by catgrad97 »

At this point, I'm done with ASU and ready to move on to Grand Canyon as new in-state rival. What a hopeless bunch of "fans."
Gato Salvaje

Post by Gato Salvaje »

Thats awesome. Poor Devils.
I think that all thats left for them to look forward to is a couple events in track.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

"Just wait until wrestling."
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

As always, U of A chants were frequent and dominant. It always brings me a lot of joy when ASU fans break out a weak response just to remind people this is technically an ASU home game.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I thought there were fewer people for both teams than normal but with Tempe Normal raising the prices so much for this game it was expected.

Not nearly as many students due to spring break I hear so they didn't drown Wildcat fans as out easily.

Could you hear this is our house on tv?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
prh

Post by prh »

PHXCATS wrote:I thought there were fewer people for both teams than normal but with Tempe Normal raising the prices so much for this game it was expected.

Not nearly as many students due to spring break I hear so they didn't drown Wildcat fans as out easily.

Could you hear this is our house on tv?
Couldn't hear that. Heard lots of UofA chants, much louder than usual. Would occasionally hear asu chants, but not as frequently or as loud as ours.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Didn't make the trip this year but I could hear UofA chants clear through the TV.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

The UofA chants came often, full of energy and loud. I'm sure the guys heard it on the floor.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Olsondogg wrote: Best part about the game. The ASSU "fans". One ASU bro in front of us that said "Sorry, but I'm standing the whole game". He sat about 5 mins into the 2nd, and left with about 6 mins left. He also got in an argument with another ASSU fan that told him "It's guys like you who make us all look bad". There was another college age dude arguing with a UA fan who pointed out to him that the result of the game were "just like football" to which the ASU bro added "wait till baseball..." which I had to chime in "You mean the Arizona team that is undefeated after making the College World Series last year?".

I was done at that point.

Good game, fun atmosphere.
Thanks for this.
Right where I want to be.