TJ McConnell's 'MAGIC' Numbers

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: TJ McConnell's 'MAGIC' Numbers

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Chicat wrote:
Our buddy disagrees with Sam. :lol:
https://www.sportsblog.com/phillyfansince88/" target="_blank
TJ Has To Go: It has never been more clear than it was in preseason that TJ McConnell needs to go.

If you've read this site or followed my twitter then you've seen me expose this kid for exactly what he is as a player on a regular basis so I won't bother with any of that. What I will say though is that TJ has no place on this team or in this offense and is even more detrimental to both than he has been in past seasons.

This offense requires scorers, quick dribblers, and people who make quick decisions and pinpoint, timely passes. TJ has never been any of these things, and he never will be. He was a star combo guard for a no name high school and still plays that exact same way.

The problem is, he's just flat out not all that good. His handles are weak, he can't make simple shots or layups, he's a terrible and reluctant passer, and he pretty much never either makes accurate passes when they need to be thrown or plays any real defense.

He's the king of fake hustle and empty stats, and a team that already has one ball-dominant combo guard in Bayless and three non-defenders at the guard position in Bayless, Fultz, and Nik Stauskas can't afford any more of either.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That dude still shedding twitter followers and screaming into the great abyss of the interwebs? Sweet...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Irish27 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Our buddy disagrees with Sam. :lol:
https://www.sportsblog.com/phillyfansince88/" target="_blank
TJ Has To Go: It has never been more clear than it was in preseason that TJ McConnell needs to go.

If you've read this site or followed my twitter then you've seen me expose this kid for exactly what he is as a player on a regular basis so I won't bother with any of that. What I will say though is that TJ has no place on this team or in this offense and is even more detrimental to both than he has been in past seasons.

This offense requires scorers, quick dribblers, and people who make quick decisions and pinpoint, timely passes. TJ has never been any of these things, and he never will be. He was a star combo guard for a no name high school and still plays that exact same way.

The problem is, he's just flat out not all that good. His handles are weak, he can't make simple shots or layups, he's a terrible and reluctant passer, and he pretty much never either makes accurate passes when they need to be thrown or plays any real defense.

He's the king of fake hustle and empty stats, and a team that already has one ball-dominant combo guard in Bayless and three non-defenders at the guard position in Bayless, Fultz, and Nik Stauskas can't afford any more of either.
Fuck me I missed this guy. Can't wait for his hot takes all year as they are winning and it drives him crazy that TJ is helping
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

This is being king of fake hustle?

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Dipshit thinks TJ gambles for the highlight reel steals to get YouTube views and pad his stats.

What’s funny is that TJ has always proven himself to be a team player, yet dipshit thinks he’s showboating and doesn’t care if the team wins or loses. He honestly lives in an alternate reality.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

That guy just cracks me up.

I cannot fathom anyone not wanting TJ as a backup pg on their team.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

this guy is a riot
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

scumdevils86 wrote:this guy is a riot
Guy also used to have 350+ twitter followers. Now down under 200. Too much truth or uh something.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

The only logical explanation is that he is a crazy ex-boyfriend of Mrs TJ McConnell.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Alieberman wrote:The only logical explanation is that he is a crazy ex-boyfriend of Mrs TJ McConnell.
Scene: phillyfan88 lies in bed, snoring. A dream bubble starts to form over his head.

The bubble reaches full-frame, and we see a famous Sixer PG exit the team tunnel to outside of arena. The proud Mrs. TJ is on his arm. Fans waiting outside cheer as they exit.

Camera pulls back and pans into the parking lot: A disheveled phillyfan88 shoots a forlorn look at the famous couple entering their limo, then gets back to de-greasing his ancient Philly Cheese-steak cart------ shutting down till the next damn game.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Merkin wrote:This is being king of fake hustle?

The little engine that could. Go TJ! 8-)
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Either he should be starter like last year, or he's one of the greatest backup point guards of all time. Is there a place in the Hall of Fame for that?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Alieberman wrote:The only logical explanation is that he is a crazy ex-boyfriend of Mrs TJ McConnell.
He's Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:
Played 31 minutes off the bench and dropped 8 dimes.

Off topic, but Embiid took SEVEN 3-pointers. Crazytown...
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

T.J. puts down the Beard in Houston. 4-7 FG; 3-3 from 3; 5 dimes; 1 Steal; 2 Blocks; 11 Pts; 2 TOs in 24 mins. Has to be Fake News. There should be an FBI investigation.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dovecanyoncat wrote:T.J. puts down the Beard in Houston. 4-7 FG; 3-3 from 3; 5 dimes; 1 Steal; 2 Blocks; 11 Pts; 2 TOs in 24 mins. Has to be Fake News. There should be an FBI investigation.
Aaron is averaging 22 and 9.5, Rondae 14 and 5, Lauri 15.6 and 9.6. It's been a good year for ex Cats. Next year, Ayton can round out the starting 5...
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:T.J. puts down the Beard in Houston. 4-7 FG; 3-3 from 3; 5 dimes; 1 Steal; 2 Blocks; 11 Pts; 2 TOs in 24 mins. Has to be Fake News. There should be an FBI investigation.
Aaron is averaging 22 and 9.5, Rondae 14 and 5, Lauri 15.6 and 9.6. It's been a good year for ex Cats. Next year, Ayton can round out the starting 5...
Indeed. TJ's per 36 numbers are great 14.6 ppg, 5.5 reb, 10.7 assists, 3.6 stl. 50% fg, 56% 3pfg, 100% FT. Only thing you can ask for really is he shave off a turnover per 36. As I mentioned in the Lauri thread, if you wipe out Stanley's awful 0-13 season opener, he is shooting 49% from the floor and 38% from three.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Now there's last nights 11(4/7), 3, 5 and 3blocks. Good effin' grief!
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That guy probably sends TJ dick pics and then rage tweets when they are ignored.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Chicat wrote:That guy probably sends TJ dick pics and then rage tweets when they are ignored.
This was one of the funnier things I've read in a long while. Thanks for that, Chi
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Tonight: 60% from the field; 6 boards; 7 dimes; 1 steal; another night doggin' it for TJ

~ Wilhoit's Law
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

dovecanyoncat wrote:Tonight: 60% from the field; 6 boards; 7 dimes; 1 steal; another night doggin' it for TJ
You would think he did not have a good game after reading this. :lol:
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Irish27 wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:Tonight: 60% from the field; 6 boards; 7 dimes; 1 steal; another night doggin' it for TJ
You would think he did not have a good game after reading this. :lol:
If TJ averaged 20/10/10 while shooting 80% from the floor and leading Philly to a title, that fucker would be talking about how McConnell was just trying to get on SportsCenter.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Assuming that will show up on http://www.go90.com" target="_blank?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

A1RZONA wrote:
Just read that guys timeline and dear lord does he hate TJ
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

btfd16 wrote:
A1RZONA wrote:
Since the Philly method is to tank for draft position, every win is a slap in the face to the phakephillyphan. TJ is a winner and that cannot be tolerated.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

btfd16 wrote:
A1RZONA wrote:
its like a weird ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ hate-hate relationship
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

So this is happening, lol. Do yourself a favor and check out his most recent tweets. heres one
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

What is he making per year now?
At least a mil??
Was curious.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Something about him, it’s miles away but I could see him as the head coach at AZ one day. I might not be on this earth when it happens but Ai can see it.
Maybe hell’ Have too many opportunities to coach in the NBA....
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

CBCat wrote:What is he making per year now?
At least a mil??
Was curious.
$1,471,382

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/philadelphia ... ell-18252/" target="_blank
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Sweet
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

A1RZONA wrote:So this is happening, lol. Do yourself a favor and check out his most recent tweets. heres one
Why aren't they in the NBA then? :lol: :lol:

It was funny a few years back when Brian Scalabrine had that one on one challenge. Always a running joke that he was the worst player in the league for years, yet nobody from the public (I think it was for a good chunk of money too) could step up and even give Scal a game.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

rgdeuce wrote:
A1RZONA wrote:So this is happening, lol. Do yourself a favor and check out his most recent tweets. heres one

It was funny a few years back when Brian Scalabrine had that one on one challenge. Always a running joke that he was the worst player in the league for years, yet nobody from the public (I think it was for a good chunk of money too) could step up and even give Scal a game.
I LOVED that. Because it shuts everyone yup. The whole notion that people in the NBA are "trash" is ridiculous. Compared to other NBA players? Sure. But when the general public tries to come play the talent gap is a joke.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:

Comments like that are things people who have never played ball at a high level or against an actual NBA player say. It reeks of armchair hero.

I was never great at basketball, but I was decent enough to get a few outstanding player awards and all (whatever) team mentions in HS. I'm sure I thought I was better than I was at the time. I played against multiple NBA players, and two minutes into the first time, I realized I needed to focus on school hard.

There's nothing that educates you on how far you are from the NBA than playing someone who is actually NBA caliber. Guys who play overseas and won't sniff the league drop 40 in competitive summer leagues regularly. I'll say you can't describe how much NBA guys are on another level. You have to experience it.

Not that you need more evidence that dude has no clue, but this is more evidence that dude has no clue.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

Comments like that are things people who have never played ball at a high level or against an actual NBA player say. It reeks of armchair hero.

I was never great at basketball, but I was decent enough to get a few outstanding player awards and all (whatever) team mentions in HS. I'm sure I thought I was better than I was at the time. I played against multiple NBA players, and two minutes into the first time, I realized I needed to focus on school hard.

There's nothing that educates you on how far you are from the NBA than playing someone who is actually NBA caliber. Guys who play overseas and won't sniff the league drop 40 in competitive summer leagues regularly. I'll say you can't describe how much NBA guys are on another level. You have to experience it.

Not that you need more evidence that dude has no clue, but this is more evidence that dude has no clue.
This is so true. The best way I can describe playing against NBA players, or even D1 players, is like falling off a boat into the ocean where a great white shark is swimming. And then he starts toying with you, and you're grateful because that means he isn't killing you. I've never swam with a great white shark, but I know what it's like because I tried to play against NBA and D1 players who weren't trying. All of the sudden, you can't do anything you could otherwise do against high school varsity players.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:

This is so true. The best way I can describe playing against NBA players, or even D1 players, is like falling off a boat into the ocean where a great white shark is swimming. And then he starts toying with you, and you're grateful because that means he isn't killing you. I've never swam with a great white shark, but I know what it's like because I tried to play against NBA and D1 players who weren't trying. All of the sudden, you can't do anything you could otherwise do against high school varsity players.
I was not on scholarship, but I did make a D1 roster. I was used to at least having something I could try to exploit. Like maybe I was slower, but I could try to use strength to create space for a shot.

Playing someone destined for the NBA, there was nothing I could do. I literally not only had no potential advantages, there wasn't an aspect of the game where I was close to even. Nothing. It was so ****ing demoralizing.

Scoring once or twice against a NBA player who was probably not paying much attention is probably the most impressive thing I've ever done in basketball. One time I directly matched up against a future lottery pick in a pickup game and outscored him because he wasn't trying and I got some open 3's in transition. That is almost definitely the apex of my basketball career.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

One more for story time about facing off against NBA players. One time I got switched onto checking Marcus Banks 1 on 1 on the perimeter. He shook me about 10 feet in the wrong direction but he ran into someone else and I recovered enough to blindly flail at the ball as he went up for a layup. I got all arm/hand and no one called the foul, so technically I blocked the shot.

That is another play for my personal mixtape against NBA players. I spent the rest of the game scared to death that I'd get switched onto him again and he would literally break my ankles.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Hassan Adams used to run at the LA Fitness on 1st ave after he was let go by the Nets. There were several really good players who ran there too, quite a few former JUCO, D1 and D2 guys, most of which were still playing in that Tucson Amateur Pro League (or whatever it was called). He was playing at maybe 30% and still making them all look bad. And you know every single one of those guys was giving it their all because it was Hassan Adams.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:One more for story time about facing off against NBA players. One time I got switched onto checking Marcus Banks 1 on 1 on the perimeter. He shook me about 10 feet in the wrong direction but he ran into someone else and I recovered enough to blindly flail at the ball as he went up for a layup. I got all arm/hand and no one called the foul, so technically I blocked the shot.

That is another play for my personal mixtape against NBA players. I spent the rest of the game scared to death that I'd get switched onto him again and he would literally break my ankles.
Who are some of the other NBA guys you played against? Share as many stories as you like, please.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:One more for story time about facing off against NBA players. One time I got switched onto checking Marcus Banks 1 on 1 on the perimeter. He shook me about 10 feet in the wrong direction but he ran into someone else and I recovered enough to blindly flail at the ball as he went up for a layup. I got all arm/hand and no one called the foul, so technically I blocked the shot.

This story made my morning.