Ristic

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Ristic

Post by Merkin »

I noticed the teammates not passing to Comanche too when he was open. That has to hurt your confidence.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Something I noticed last night with Dusan, our glacial 7-foot Serb. he seemed to stick to his own little area on defense, regardless of where the opponents were on the court. I didn't see him hedging out at 30 ft much. he was really effective using his size to guard the paint this way. He also seemed much more energized had his most focused offensive game, a career high. Fantastic!

to the bball experts/aspiring mini-millers - Is this new defense a twist on PackLine? Please help me understand, as I've never played college level bball ;)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You're attributing Ristic's performance to the 2-3 zone Sean rolled out, even though he did most of his damage before the team switched up the defense?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

I do think after millers speech about the cross body blocks and head snaps of guys flying into hedgers looking for a foul may have had Miller tell his bigs "if u can't get there on time, don't hedge " because I saw a couple bigs not hedge for the first time maybe ever since that butler game.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:You're attributing Ristic's performance to the 2-3 zone Sean rolled out, even though he did most of his damage before the team switched up the defense?
If the team bus drove off a cliff on the way to a game, rise and fire would attribute it to Miller not playing zone. That never would have happened to Jim Boeheim.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PennZona20 wrote:I do think after millers speech about the cross body blocks and head snaps of guys flying into hedgers looking for a foul may have had Miller tell his bigs "if u can't get there on time, don't hedge " because I saw a couple bigs not hedge for the first time maybe ever since that butler game.
I would suspect a more passive apporach has a lot more to do with our depth. Miller's talking about limiting practice time, etc. Depth is a massive concern. We cannot afford foul trouble. If we have 1 or 2 guys get in foul trouble, we're playing walk ons.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yes, everything we're seeing now is a necessarily extraordinary adjustment to the extraordinary shortness of the roster. If great coaching is needed now, wait until the players out now come back and the entire team has to learn the basics of the system long after opposing teams have learned theirs.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Chance seems like the reffing is really affecting him. If he picks up a foul, he lets it neuter him and he stops being aggressive. He was very effective early, but games like Santa Clara and Butler seemed to derail him and put him in a place where he's an either/or when it comes to being aggressive or not picking up cheap fouls all over the place.

We shouldn't be giving up on anyone. All our post players have positives, but all have some limitations. We need all of them tuned up for the time one falters. I like our rotation, but there are going to be games where we need all the guys ready.
I could definitely see that. If you watch how he acts after most of them, he presents as very immature and acts like it is the end of the world. Thing is, most of his fouls are really dumb, both ends. Much rather have him pick up the 5 contesting inside shots/hacking guys and making them earn it at the line. Judging by the face Miller had on as he stared straight forward and not at Chance as he jogged to the bench after picking up number 5, you can tell this has been a thing between them.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

PennZona20 wrote:I do think after millers speech about the cross body blocks and head snaps of guys flying into hedgers looking for a foul may have had Miller tell his bigs "if u can't get there on time, don't hedge " because I saw a couple bigs not hedge for the first time maybe ever since that butler game.

In the Texas Southern game, from the jump Lauri wasn't even hedging unless everything was completely perfect. Think it started with him and Miller made adjustments to all the bigs from there. For anyone who hates hedging and doesn't understand the importance, there were two textbook plays in the first half that shows why we do it. One was Dusan and one was Chance. In both instances, the ball handler went straight to the rim.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
In the Texas Southern game, from the jump Lauri wasn't even hedging unless everything was completely perfect. Think it started with him and Miller made adjustments to all the bigs from there. For anyone who hates hedging and doesn't understand the importance, there were two textbook plays in the first half that shows why we do it. One was Dusan and one was Chance. In both instances, the ball handler went straight to the rim.
Not hedging only works when the ballhandler can't do much offensively. Otherwise you either give up an open J or give up the opportunity to turn the corner and get to the rim. If you just lay back, the jumper is open. If you push up a bit without fully hedging, you create a 1 on 1 small vs big about 19 feet out.

If you don't hedge, a good pg will do anything he wants to you all night long.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Chance seems like the reffing is really affecting him. If he picks up a foul, he lets it neuter him and he stops being aggressive. He was very effective early, but games like Santa Clara and Butler seemed to derail him and put him in a place where he's an either/or when it comes to being aggressive or not picking up cheap fouls all over the place.

We shouldn't be giving up on anyone. All our post players have positives, but all have some limitations. We need all of them tuned up for the time one falters. I like our rotation, but there are going to be games where we need all the guys ready.
I could definitely see that. If you watch how he acts after most of them, he presents as very immature and acts like it is the end of the world. Thing is, most of his fouls are really dumb, both ends. Much rather have him pick up the 5 contesting inside shots/hacking guys and making them earn it at the line. Judging by the face Miller had on as he stared straight forward and not at Chance as he jogged to the bench after picking up number 5, you can tell this has been a thing between them.
What struck me is how it happens after his first or second. Usually it's the 4th or 5th that people get cranked up about, but Chance will get frustrated the first time a whistle blows.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Y'all miss Tarc a little bit? :)
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Loved Zeus once I got over his hands and appreciated him for what he was. Sometime during his Sophomore season. Sadly, the people who never saw things through that lens still wont notice how much of a difference there is from last season to this one.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Im fine with Miller adjusting Ristic and Chance hedging in game. The hedge usually comes with the guard attacking middle, unless its a horns set. Miller made the same adjustment with Anderson and Ristic last season.

The problem is, the guard is still tasked with going over the screen. Now Ristic and Comanche have to keep their feet moving or a guard will blow right past them, even when sagging.

Many NBA and some college teams ice those screens, with the defensive guard jumping up high and turning down the screen. The big sags and you play the guard high-low. I would love to see that from Arizona, but know Miller isnt going to adapt his system that much. Actually, it would be a rather radical change and one that would still be difficult to execute as it goes against what Miller teaches.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I thought losing Zeus was the biggest issue defensively from what we've had over the last 4 years. I don't think the Zags do what they did with him in there. However, Ristic actually appears a bit better than he has in years past on the defensive end...especially rebounding. I am curious to see if he can continue to board the way he has, and maintain that as the year goes on. I still think he has a long way to go with his defensive footwork, but I am glad to see him with the ball down low...even if he is a black hole there. I do wish he'd recognize a double team coming, and learn to kick out to a wide open man.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Olsondogg wrote:I thought losing Zeus was the biggest issue defensively from what we've had over the last 4 years. I don't think the Zags do what they did with him in there. However, Ristic actually appears a bit better than he has in years past on the defensive end...especially rebounding. I am curious to see if he can continue to board the way he has, and maintain that as the year goes on. I still think he has a long way to go with his defensive footwork, but I am glad to see him with the ball down low...even if he is a black hole there. I do wish he'd recognize a double team coming, and learn to kick out to a wide open man.
Dusan has cut down the mental mistakes, which is half the battle with him. I think our generally undersized/low skilled opponents thus far, most teams shooting under 40 percent on us, and the increase in rebound opportunities with the loss of Zeus and Anderson is making the rebounding look a little better than it really is. I still see him as a below average rebounder and a below average to *maybe* passable (only due to size) low post defender. Being honest, im worried to death about conference opponents having their way on the offensive glass against us, and we are going to run into plenty of conference opponents who are going to have us either dealing with Ristic getting beat on or taking him out for a more favorable matchup. My concerns have grown exponentially with the loss of PJC and Chance's play. I think there is going to be a lot of Lauri and Pinder at the 5 and 4, and situational substitutions with Ristic, so it is important to get a wing back (Trier)
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

rgdeuce wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:I thought losing Zeus was the biggest issue defensively from what we've had over the last 4 years. I don't think the Zags do what they did with him in there. However, Ristic actually appears a bit better than he has in years past on the defensive end...especially rebounding. I am curious to see if he can continue to board the way he has, and maintain that as the year goes on. I still think he has a long way to go with his defensive footwork, but I am glad to see him with the ball down low...even if he is a black hole there. I do wish he'd recognize a double team coming, and learn to kick out to a wide open man.
Dusan has cut down the mental mistakes, which is half the battle with him. I think our generally undersized/low skilled opponents thus far, most teams shooting under 40 percent on us, and the increase in rebound opportunities with the loss of Zeus and Anderson is making the rebounding look a little better than it really is. I still see him as a below average rebounder and a below average to *maybe* passable (only due to size) low post defender. Being honest, im worried to death about conference opponents having their way on the offensive glass against us, and we are going to run into plenty of conference opponents who are going to have us either dealing with Ristic getting beat on or taking him out for a more favorable matchup. My concerns have grown exponentially with the loss of PJC and Chance's play. I think there is going to be a lot of Lauri and Pinder at the 5 and 4, and situational substitutions with Ristic, so it is important to get a wing back (Trier)
I think Chance's play is a concern, only from the "Bash style" fouls that he gets, and his inability to shake that off and to do something different. Clearly he is not only the focal point of cheap fouls, but he is letting them get inside his head. If he improves in that arena, he is quite possibly a fantastic rebounding force in the interior. I think Ristic is doing well from the rebounding point of view, but he could very well be average...but the odds of him being near the rim to grab boards is probable. Now, if we got another player back on the floor not named PJC, we could be even better on the boards with everyone crashing the glass...but for some reason I don't really worry about boards all that much. It is mainly the defense that concerns me...but hopefully the frosh improve.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Chance has a long ways to go. Never bought in on him over the summer, and his defense has been pretty bad most of the season. I'd love for him to develop quicker, because he has the length and athleticism we need defensively in the front court, but his coordination is still lacking and he hasnt picked up Miller's scheme that well.

Also, he has been solid on the offensive glass, but his defensive rebounding percentage is barely ahead of Kadeem.

-Shane Battier
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

TucsonClip wrote:Chance has a long ways to go. Never bought in on him over the summer, and his defense has been pretty bad most of the season. I'd love for him to develop quicker, because he has the length and athleticism we need defensively in the front court, but his coordination is still lacking and he hasnt picked up Miller's scheme that well.

Also, he has been solid on the offensive glass, but his defensive rebounding percentage is barely ahead of Kadeem.
Probably didn't help the way he started off the season. I think that the more minutes he gets, the better he'll perform. I get why people aren't bought in on him, but he has improved from what he was last year.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Olsondogg wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:Chance has a long ways to go. Never bought in on him over the summer, and his defense has been pretty bad most of the season. I'd love for him to develop quicker, because he has the length and athleticism we need defensively in the front court, but his coordination is still lacking and he hasnt picked up Miller's scheme that well.

Probably didn't help the way he started off the season. I think that the more minutes he gets, the better he'll perform. I get why people aren't bought in on him, but he has improved from what he was last year.
Honestly, not by much in my estimation and the statistics back that up as well. Only thing that has changed is him being forced into more minutes.

-Shane Battier
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

84Cat wrote:
Amazing! He's a pretty good 3 point shooter too....Has CSM told him that's off limits? If so, why? I've seen him wide open before but not even looking at an attempt....
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

He gets a lot of flack, but he was super clutch this weekend.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
84Cat wrote:
Amazing! He's a pretty good 3 point shooter too....Has CSM told him that's off limits? If so, why? I've seen him wide open before but not even looking at an attempt....
He's playing the 5 exclusively this year, so he's not getting the ball on the perimeter unless it's way early in the shot clock and we're setting up the offense by running that mini-weave. Last couple of years when he played alongside Zeus or in garbage time he got more looks away from the basket.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Chicat wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
84Cat wrote:
He's playing the 5 exclusively this year, so he's not getting the ball on the perimeter unless it's way early in the shot clock and we're setting up the offense by running that mini-weave. Last couple of years when he played alongside Zeus or in garbage time he got more looks away from the basket.
Makes sense now...thanks for the explanation Chicat.
gumby

Post by gumby »

It's all about match-ups for Ristic. Play against a traditional big, and he thrives. But against quicker teams that spread the floor -- Oregon, UCLA -- he could struggle, especially on defense. Best finishing big I've seen in an Arizona uniform. Great touch. Highly skilled. Next step is passing out of the inevitable swat and swipe doubles that are headed his way. He is patient, so that helps.
Right where I want to be.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

He's going to have some rough games and you can be fairly certain of when they are going to come, but those numbers over the last seven games at minimum show he has gotten his confidence back. His inconsistency, regardless of the opponent, has been another knock, and seven games is enough of a run to give some hope in that area improving.

Things are only going to get easier for him when you get a true PG back, and the team becomes a much better outside shooting team w the addition of Trier and Lauri getting better looks thanks to PJC. You want to keep doubling him w Lauri and Trier hovering around the 3 pt arc ready to knock one down? And Rawle, Kobi and Kadeem overall have knocked them down at a respectable rate, and all three of them plus Lauri and Trier can attack an open lane or cut and finish real quick. And the added depth obviously makes it a lot easier to hide him when the matchups arent good.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

If Dusan plays with confidence, he is an asset. There are pros and cons to his game. His footspeed is not great, and there really isn't much he can do to change that. He's a hard worker who has changed his body significantly since he's been here, but he will never be nimble.

That said, he has soft hands and finishes well. He's the opposite of Zeus in lacking the mobility but having the hands and ability to catch and seamlessly shoot. His feet will limit him against the smaller, quicker guys. That said, when he gets a similar opponent to face, he can exploit his strengths.

I felt his effort in nearly matching aTm's best player in Davis was a hugely underrated portion of that win. Instead of worrying about his shortcomings, which are largely set in stone and can't be changed, let's focus on what he can bring. Big men are unique in that size and speed are a rare combo. Usually you only get one. In Dusan's case, it's size. We have a smaller lineup option if we need it, but that shouldn't detract from what Dusan brings.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Dusan frustrates on the defensive end, no doubt...but not as much as I had anticipated. I love him in the post, and I am shocked when he actually misses a shot in the paint.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:Dusan frustrates on the defensive end, no doubt...but not as much as I had anticipated. I love him in the post, and I am shocked when he actually misses a shot in the paint.
Dusan and Lauri are the best tandem of finishers in close that we have ever had.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Dusan and Lauri are the best tandem of finishers in close that we have ever had.
Bob Elliott and Al Fleming might have something to say about that.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

@spiff that's a great point about dusan & zeus having very different strengths. i think DR gets a lot of flak from folks, myself included, for not being explosive and all-imposing under the rim and, you know, pretty much not being kaleb - which isn't a very fair expectation.

but while dusan's done a nice job improving his scoring and stepping up on d recentluy, i think fans really want to see him capitalize further on his physical assets and round out his post game. dusan's still just our sixth best rebounder (thru the 'furd game, normalizing the stats based on pt) and the third or fourth best shot blocker on a team that doesn't really swat away many shots. love that he has the versatility to step back and let it fly from distance, but what this team needs more is for dusan to be scrapping on the block, asserting position, and being a nasty presence down low. he's a foreboding 7'/ 250# body out there on the floor, but sometimes it seems like he forgets that. he doesn't have to be zeus out there, but he can leverage what he has a bit more.

that said, it's awesome to see dusan playing with greater confidence and growing into his role as a starter. with chance also gaining confidence and settling into a rhythm, i bet they'll have some solid practices going against each other. i'm sure we'll see positive improvements from both over the next month and a half.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Dusan's just not going to be a good rebounder. There will be nights he has big rebounding numbers because of his size and proximity to the basket, but a very significant portion of being an effective rebounder is constant thinking and constant working, and I hate to be mean here but Dusan doesn't seem to do much of either. A great rebounder isn't grabbing most boards with his arms fully extended, they are grabbing them right off their hairline with both hands. They don't need those extra inches because they know more times than not, from that angle the shot is going to bounce this way off the rim, they scramble to that spot and get a body on an opponent and control that area. Obviously there are plenty of times when things aren't that clean and you still are grabbing boards, but that should be your mentality.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I would attribute Dusan's rebounding to one of his overriding issues, always being a reactive player, never proactive. When a shot goes up, he's not moving. He waits to see where it goes and then reacts to that.

This is similar to how he deals with a double in the post. You never see him recognizing it coming and getting a shot up first or kicking the ball before he's swarmed. Again, the double occurs. Then he recognizes and reacts.

For me, it's a hallmark of how he plays. He doesn't have a particularly quick reaction time. He reads and reacts a lot. When it comes to rebounding, that leaves him playing catch up a lot.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Thru 15 games - rebounds/40 minutes:
10.5 Keanu Pinder
9.6 Dusan Ristic
9.3 Lauri Markkanen
8.8 Chance Comanche
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

About where I'd expect them to be. Lauri primarily plays on the perimeter and has guarded out there a lot as well, so to only be down .3 per 40 to Dusan says something about either one, or both.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I would attribute Dusan's rebounding to one of his overriding issues, always being a reactive player, never proactive. When a shot goes up, he's not moving. He waits to see where it goes and then reacts to that.

This is similar to how he deals with a double in the post. You never see him recognizing it coming and getting a shot up first or kicking the ball before he's swarmed. Again, the double occurs. Then he recognizes and reacts.

For me, it's a hallmark of how he plays. He doesn't have a particularly quick reaction time. He reads and reacts a lot. When it comes to rebounding, that leaves him playing catch up a lot.
Exactly what the issue is. Someone can take a corner 3 and instead of playing the percentages based on the angle, he will just find somewhere near the basket to hang out and hope the ball comes to him, while his man actually plays those numbers and goes to the spot. Either beat your man to that spot and get your ass on him, or put your ass on him and prevent him from even getting in there so you and your teammate can go get the ball from there. It's mind blowing how many times you see a guy just waltz right into the mix and grab a board while Dusan is three feet to the side of the ball and jumping up. I dont know, maybe it's just me, but rebounding is maybe the most simple thing in basketball that pretty much anyone can do if they just follow the basic fundamentals and principles.
Alieberman

Dusan Ristic

Post by Alieberman »

I was searching and I couldn't find a Dusan thread. Does 1 really not exist? Nevermind... Been merged.

For 4 years he has been the whipping boy around here, but dude deserves some love. He has been absolutely killing it lately. Yes, I know his defense is far from great but offensively he has been our most consistent player and yesterday we lose by a lot without him. If he even shot half his average @ Colorado we would be undefeated in Pac play.

Go Duce!
CalStateTempe

Re: Dusan Ristic

Post by CalStateTempe »

Here here!

One thing I’ve wondered is how much flack does he get because he’s “not going to play in the league” which somehow implies that he’s “not Arizona good”

We all know his limitations, but what is nice to see is that he’s still contributing despite them.

(comparatively, it seems like other players deemed “Arizona good” and “future in the league” get a lot more leeway for their lack of development in other aspects of their game.)

Ristic is a key cog in this years team and I love seeing him battle and produce.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Most reliable scorer on the team. Rarely misses in the post.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

5 page Ristic thread

viewtopic.php?p=83622#p83622" target="_blank

2 page thread

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1484#p60399" target="_blank

Thanks Merged!
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

I have made aware my displeasure for Ristic many times. He was unbelievable last night. Though I had a very similar reaction to CSM on that last 3. Props Dusan you were big yesterday as well as these recent stretch.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

It's not just the last game or week, you can see his improvement throughout the season. The difference is his aggressiveness. He may be limited on defense but he gets into people now. He is stronger and he stopped being a tree. If you notice he pushes back and throws off shots. Plus his desire to get rebounds is more apparent. He may not be able to jump or run with the athletes but he is one of the most skilled players I've seen in an Arizona uniform. It's strange because his improvement this season has been better than any other season he's played. You can see he plays with a chip on his shoulder and has come of age. It's great to see.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

So what do we make of Miller’s unsubtle response to Ristic’s three? Was he just disgusted at that moment because they didn’t run what he drew up? Or does this evince some deeper rift between coach and players?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Frybry02 wrote:I have made aware my displeasure for Ristic many times. He was unbelievable last night. Though I had a very similar reaction to CSM on that last 3. Props Dusan you were big yesterday as well as these recent stretch.
Those are "No, no, no...yes," shots. You can laugh about it afterwards when it goes in.

Dusan was huge last night and it's nice to see a guy who has been a whipping boy for factors outside his control (like PJC) have a big game like that. As long as he doesn't start thinking he has a green light to launch closely guarded 3's early in the shot clock.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:So what do we make of Miller’s unsubtle response to Ristic’s three? Was he just disgusted at that moment because they didn’t run what he drew up? Or does this evince some deeper rift between coach and players?
It was a bad shot and the fact that it went in doesn't change that fact. In a 1 point game with a minute and a half left would you want Dusan shooting a contested 3 early into the shot clock? No of course not, so why would the head coach of the team? He's obviously happy Dus made that shot since it won the game, but he sure as hell doesn't want a guy who hasn't made a 3 all season prior to that game to shoot that shot in that position in the future. In the postgame presser Miller mentioned both his bigs combined 4/4 from 3 in the game and he dearly hopes in the next game they're 0/0 And sticking to their job which is in the post.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

It was a bad shot, but it was much better then our usual play near the end of games having Trier stand still until 5 seconds left in the shot clock and then dribbling into traffic and coughing up the ball. I don't think Trier has ever produced points with that play, yet we do it all the time.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:So what do we make of Miller’s unsubtle response to Ristic’s three? Was he just disgusted at that moment because they didn’t run what he drew up? Or does this evince some deeper rift between coach and players?
It was a bad shot and the fact that it went in doesn't change that fact. In a 1 point game with a minute and a half left would you want Dusan shooting a contested 3 early into the shot clock? No of course not, so why would the head coach of the team? He's obviously happy Dus made that shot since it won the game, but he sure as hell doesn't want a guy who hasn't made a 3 all season prior to that game to shoot that shot in that position in the future. In the postgame presser Miller mentioned both his bigs combined 4/4 from 3 in the game and he dearly hopes in the next game they're 0/0 And sticking to their job which is in the post.
That makes perfect sense. It’s mind-blowing when a guy as big and dominant as Ayton launches it from 30 feet. I think this is the Durant effect. Maybe Dirk too.

When Ayton and Ristic are in at the same time, we should be able to get a good look for one of them the majority of the time. If we don’t, it’s because our guards are being impatient or the other team is playing very good defense. Ayton and Ristic 3s should not be in our playbook.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Best player for Arizona last couple of weeks. Think I remember him being really good last year after game at UCLA. Arizona went on a road trip to the bay (?) Iirc during mid season in conference play. Was averaging something like 15/7 during that stretch last year but I might be remembering wrong.
Last edited by NYCat on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.