I believe Sean Miller is clean

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bordercat

I believe Sean Miller is clean

Post by Bordercat »

That is all. Not believing these "sources".

When the dust settles I believe we will learn that coach is clean.
ALASKACAT

Re: I believe Sean Miller is clean

Post by ALASKACAT »

Did he just shower?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I believe the reason why Miller’s agreement to pay $100,000 for Ayton is the first story to emerge from 3,000 hours of phone calls is because it’s the only only instance of a head coach caught offering money for a
player. Draw your own conclusions about Arizona’s forthcoming punishment.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

This is only an agents record. Haven't heard anything from the ex nike and adidas AAU director. Much more to come
cats101

Post by cats101 »

The FBI is involved so I doubt he's clean. I will say the timing is interesting. Right after Trier's appeal.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

The slow leak of sealed docs lets you know the fbi knows it'll struggle to charge anyone. So might as well ruin careers and lives before hand
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Bordercat wrote:That is all. Not believing these "sources".

When the dust settles I believe we will learn that coach is clean.
Ultimately, I can only hope you're right.

But, you say: "when the dust settles..."

What do you, or anyone else here, think "the dust" is gonna involve"?

Doesn't it HAVE to include an immediate suspension?

Doesn't it HAVE to include a formal, and probably, independent investigation by a credible team of investigators?

Doesn't it HAVE to include suspension of any players revealed to have been presumably ineligible due to either themselves or family accepting some form of payment?

It seems to me that at the moment, the U of A's best, and only, hope to avoid severe NCAA penalties is to clearly, and assertively, demonstrate some "institutional control." That means the AD, the President, and the Board of regents....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Longhorned wrote:I believe the reason why Miller’s agreement to pay $100,000 for Ayton is the first story to emerge from 3,000 hours of phone calls is because it’s the only only instance of a head coach caught offering money for a
Too much is unknown. Is the individual doing the leaking privy to all the info?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

zonagrad wrote:
Longhorned wrote:I believe the reason why Miller’s agreement to pay $100,000 for Ayton is the first story to emerge from 3,000 hours of phone calls is because it’s the only only instance of a head coach caught offering money for a
Too much is unknown. Is the individual doing the leaking privy to all the info?
That's the kind of question that the reporters editor, his managing editor(s) and ESPN's lawyers surely asked before clearing the story for publication....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

The only thing giving me hope is the line in the email article on Yahoo about Miller and Arizona coming back to the agent apologetic and wanting to play ball. It gives me the small hope that Miller didn't want anything to do with this money game and that the FBI had heard him turn away agents and decided he'd be a good and honest mole they could use to get dirt. So, Miller and Arizona suddenly 'changed their stripes' and came to the agent apologetic about snubbing them before in order to get the agents talking on the phone for the investigation.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

So if Miller is allowed to coach and Ayton allowed to play tonight, what do we think that means? If the University believed this was all true then how could he possibly be allowed to coach? Can you imagine how he would be grilled after the game. ESPN has their Penn State case reporters in Eugene waiting to pounce.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

jsbowl16 wrote:So if Miller is allowed to coach and Ayton allowed to play tonight, what do we think that means? If the University believed this was all true then how could he possibly be allowed to coach? Can you imagine how he would be grilled after the game. ESPN has their Penn State case reporters in Eugene waiting to pounce.
It’s a contract and legal situation. What the AD believes doesn’t matter. The only conceivable outcome is that Miller agrees to step aside with pay and no admission of wrongdoing. But he won’t be coaching this team unless the tin foil hat theory is true and the AD states it.
US_Bennett

Post by US_Bennett »

It doesn't really matter if is or not. The damage is done at this point.
mofo

Post by mofo »

Heeke sure didn’t know what he got himself into when he hired on did he!
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

All I know is that it will cost the U of A roughly $10 million to fire Miller.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Captain Obvious wrote:All I know is that it will cost the U of A roughly $10 million to fire Miller.
Not if he is fired "for cause".....

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Captain Obvious wrote:All I know is that it will cost the U of A roughly $10 million to fire Miller.

You don't think this is "just cause"?

EDIT:

Never mind.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Oh hope is if Miller gives up the money he is entitled to if fired for cause
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

This Dawkins seems like a hustler why is it out of the question he just puts a price on these top players and tries to get paid for himself?
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Merkin wrote:

You don't think this is "just cause"?

EDIT:

Never mind.
"Cause" does not matter his contract is 13 mil, the buyout regardless of reason is 10 mil...he gets 10 mil even if he's dirty...which I still doubt, at least in the sense that he is any different than any other coach out there getting top 5 recruits.

If they ONLY bury Miller I will never watch another NCAA event for as long as I live...he cannot possibly be the only scapegoat in town and this witch hunt has been 50 years in the making.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Look, IF Miller is actually caught on a wiretap discussing this, any and all talk of him being a "scapegoat" is just plain silly.

If Miller really does have a contract that requires payment of his salary even if he were to be fired "for cause", then he hasthe best agent in history, and anyone from the university that approved such a deal should themselves be fired - and then drawn and quartered on the mall

― Kinky Friedman
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

That's an Alford level buyout
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Is the 10 million because of the retention bonus? Or just a bad contract (on UofA's part)?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Miller won’t coach tonight regardless. But I don’t see how Ayton doesn’t play.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'd like to think Miller is clean but it is now obvious to me that the only clean coach in college basketball right now is John Calipari.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Longhorned wrote:Miller won’t coach tonight regardless. But I don’t see how Ayton doesn’t play.

I'm not sure how you can seperate the two...if Miller doesn't coach Ayton doesn't play...
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Miller won’t coach tonight regardless. But I don’t see how Ayton doesn’t play.

I'm not sure how you can seperate the two...if Miller doesn't coach Ayton doesn't play...
Miller may or may not be on record of offering $100,000 for Ayton in a conversation with Dawkins.

Ayton doesn’t appear to be on record as anything but a non-present object. Like every other tainted player, he has deniability.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Longhorned wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:

Miller may or may not be on record of offering $100,000 for Ayton in a conversation with Dawkins.

Ayton doesn’t appear to be on record as anything but a non-present object. Like every other tainted player, he has deniability.
Suspending Miller means you believe he did it. Can't have Ayton play then. Can't do one without the other unless Miller takes himself out
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

They can be what I call “true-true, but unrelated”

At least I hope they are.
Macho Grande

Post by Macho Grande »

If he's clean, he sure is taking a long time to deny the rumors.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Macho Grande wrote:If he's clean, he sure is taking a long time to deny the rumors.
IIRC the FBI told the schools and the NCAA to back off until they were done...they apparently are not done, so neither group is allowed to investigate...

This might take years...if thats the case I say you make Miller coach for as long as possible, if he made his bed he needs to lie in it, if he didn't then support him either way I say he stays.|

Think about it, at the least you're gonna dish out 10 mil to let hi go take an assistant job at the NBA, if he fucked the program make him serve his time here and suffer through his trashed rep...try and fucking recruit with the new rep...see if he's any good...get your money out of him...why burden some new guy to fix this mess?

That buy out might be a two edged sword, if he's guilty make him stay, no way it hurts us anymore than he already has (if guilty)
Last edited by CatFanOneMil on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Macho Grande wrote:If he's clean, he sure is taking a long time to deny the rumors.
IIRC the FBI told the schools and the NCAA to back off until they were done...they apparently are not done, so neither group is allowed to investigate...

This might take years...if thats the case I say you make Miller coach for as long as possible, if he made his bed he needs to lie in it, if he didn't then support him either way I say he stays.|

Think about it, at the least you're gonna dish out 10 mil to let hi go take an assistant job at the NBA, if he fucked the program make him serve his time here and suffer through his trashed rep...try and fucking recruit with the new rep...see if he's any good...get your money out of him...why burden some new guy to fix this mess?
That doesn't account for Miller or his lawyer not releasing a statement that would say the report is BS or a misrepresentation or something
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

NYCat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:

That doesn't account for Miller or his lawyer not releasing a statement that would say the report is BS or a misrepresentation or something
Actually pointing back to the statement made in October IS a response...I cannot imagine after his house was raided that Miller did not know now what he knew then...none of this can be new information to him, the school or the legals...its only new to us.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

PHXCATS wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:

Suspending Miller means you believe he did it. Can't have Ayton play then. Can't do one without the other unless Miller takes himself out
Neither of those. The AD and Miller can agree to place him on administrative leave with pay, and cite a different reason than guilt. Usually it's framed as "a distraction."
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Longhorned wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:

Neither of those. The AD and Miller can agree to place him on administrative leave with pay, and cite a different reason than guilt. Usually it's framed as "a distraction."
Talking with some UA fans today. The play would be to suspend Miller for conversation with agents illegally and triple down on Ayton saying the investigations UA has conducted found no money changed hands.

It is one way to keep the season alive
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Can I say fuck you machina?

If so, fuck you, machina.

If not, fuck you machina.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Olsondogg wrote:Can I say fuck you machina?

If so, fuck you, machina.

If not, fuck you machina.
Anyone who doesn’t have him on ignore at this point fully deserves the torture of reading his asshatery.