Got the split- oh well

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bordercat

Got the split- oh well

Post by Bordercat »

Tough road swing. Come home, let the dust settle and let's get the championship.
Bordercat

Re: Got the split- oh well

Post by Bordercat »

Oregon 17/18 from the line and 4 TO's.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

ESPN promoting post game Arizona coverage. I hope Romar and UA tells ESPN to fuck off. On the air. But he's too classy.
I hope ESPN gets zero access the rest of the season. In fact, I would schedule interviews and then cancel at the last minute to screw with them.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Dylan Smith and PJC hurt us with the bad entry passes and turnovers. Smith thinks he's Lebron at times. Rawle with the bonehead tech but I'll give him a pass because I thought he had a ton of energy tonight.

Bottom line: Ayton needs touches. Find ways to get him the ball. Not getting it Lauri last year was our downfall. If we can't utilize Ayton we aren't going anywhere (assuming the NCAA doesn't shut us down either).

Thought the team came out angry tonight and I liked it. Most emotion I've seen all year. Let's keep that going.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Absolutely what Zona said. Fuck ESPN. They can eat a shit burger
Last edited by azcat49 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Really need Trier back.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Hard to get Ayton touches down the stretch without Trier in the game. Hard to keep Smith on the bench without Trier in the game. That right there, and not PJC, is the story behind the turnovers.

But the main reason Arizona lost was Oregon played a really good game start to finish.

Really, it was a hell of an effort in a very, very difficult building against a team the executed brilliantly.

If Arizona gets Trier back, we'll be fine.

Thanks, NCAA. And might I say you cleared some Duke and MSU players facing current questions very quickly.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Would love to know how it shakes out of Rawle does get that stupid tech
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

We let a great opportunity slip away, but overall, I’m proud of how they played, especially PJC and DA. They showed tonight that the scandal hasn’t taken away their will to compete.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

That sucked. And it is a weak basketball crowd with no WiFi in th arena.

Fans chanted 100 grand the entire game.

Beautiful arena but fans with basketball shit for brains.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CalStateTempe wrote:That sucked. And it is a weak basketball crowd with no WiFi in th arena.

Fans chanted 100 grand the entire game.

Beautiful arena but fans with basketball shit for brains.

Glad you were there. Things will be better, that was last road game...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

When was the last time we swept the Oregon trail on the road? Seems like we always have trouble with the second game of the Oregon trip especially if it is late in the season.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Oregon did more last year than AZ has in a long time.... So they rush the court lol. Wow
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Gilbertcat wrote:Oregon did more last year than AZ has in a long time.... So they rush the court lol. Wow
Oregon won one more game last year than Arizona has under Miller. One. Game. And in their high water mark year, they still lost to us in the conference tourney title game after tying for the regular season crown.

They rush the court because in their hearts they know which program is the big dog in the Pac 12. And that's why McKale fans don't rush the court.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

zonagrad wrote:
Gilbertcat wrote:Oregon did more last year than AZ has in a long time.... So they rush the court lol. Wow
Oregon won one more game last year than Arizona has under Miller. One. Game. And in their high water mark year, they still lost to us in the conference tourney title game after tying for the regular season crown.

They rush the court because in their hearts they know which program is the big dog in the Pac 12. And that's why McKale fans don't rush the court.
I am sure he meant the final four
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Totally embarassing. Act like you've been there before.

You beat a team without it's coach, second best player, and one of the first guys off the bench.

In OT.

JFC
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:When was the last time we swept the Oregon trail on the road? Seems like we always have trouble with the second game of the Oregon trip especially if it is late in the season.
Feb 5/7, 2009. Beat OSU by 3 and Oregon by 10. 10 bench points combined both games

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =290360204" target="_blank
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =290382483" target="_blank
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Trip report:

I love going to watch away cats games, one of the reasons is you meet really great people who are doing the same thing you are. I’m used to cal and furd, where we really turn out, but wow we all felt a definite us against the world feeling in Eugene in sat.

Rolled up the terminal for the connecting flight and there were about 10 fans in the bar getting started. Entered the play and it was a cacophony of bear downs and go cats. It’s a good thing that 30min puddle jumper didn’t serve beer cause we would’ve cleaned them out!

Eugene reminds me of a Pacific Northwest version of Tucson. Everything is really nice and centered around the university with residential zoning surrounding. Population wise Tucson is probably larger as a whole but the college town feel is definitely there.

Had one duck fan in the crew I was rolling with (met on plane) who offered to show us around. It was really cool. Before the game Oregon fan was lighthearted with gentle teasing, and overall very hospitable. Closer to game time the cats fans came out of the wood work and walking to the stadium was joyous with anticipation especially cause by now we knew ayton was good to go.

The stadium; wow, Nike didn’t spare anything building it. Like a Mini NBa stadium. Oregon fan got more hostile once in the stadium but largely was quiet the first half. It was about 90% Oregon fan to 10% Arizona. About ten minutes to go in the second when they took the lead things really popped off. As a crowd the basketball iq is now where near McKales as there reactions to things just seemed off.

So glad I got to watch ayton in person, man that guy is a beast. Hope we can hold it together and work on getting the ball to him cause he’ll take us places.

Overall glad I went, supper glad I could rep on a dark day in cats B.B. history.

Oh and one more thing, the burritos in Eugene sucked, whoever suggested burrito boy needs to have their taste buds checked. Lol.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Good stuff. Ive always had positive interactions w Oregon fans away from Tucson. Wish we could have gotten that W in Eugene, but still really proud of how the guys played with all that is going on. Think this team is going to be pissed and on a whole new level when (if..) Trier returns.