ESPN has issued a second correction

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azcat34

ESPN has issued a second correction

Post by azcat34 »

Thought this might deserve its own thread.

ESPN has now changed their original correction and made no note of it. They still have the correction date/time the same.

It has changed from the calls between Dawkins and Miller occurring in "Spring 2016" to just "2016".

I have archived both versions in Wayback Machine so the changes can be seen clearly.

They are below:

"Spring of 2016" - https://web.archive.org/web/20180226075 ... orrections" target="_blank

"2016" - https://web.archive.org/web/20180226161 ... orrections" target="_blank

To say this is suspect is an understatement.
CalStateTempe

Re: ESPN has issued a second correction

Post by CalStateTempe »

Keep the pressure up boys.

Tweet to cbs, si, yahoo. We need allies in this fight.

Unite the clans!

(Sorry Braveheart with Sean Miller raging against the corrupt machine has been running through my head since seeing the “vindicated” press release on sat.)
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

So I bet a lot of people here probably dont like the guy, but if there is one guy who will absolutely go to bat AGAINST ESPN who we should all be hitting up on twitter now, it is Clay Travis
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Stop saying “correction” ... I know that’s industry vernacular, but it implies the updates are correct.

What ESPN has done is rather secretively and not at all with any fanfare retracted information and updated it with new information which it later redacted elements of.

If we call it by the actions undertaken in its update its far more sinister.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Not to mention it was completely buried and not splashed on a headline or across my phone on a banner like Friday night.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

CalStateTempe wrote:Keep the pressure up boys.

Unite the clans!

(Sorry Braveheart with Sean Miller raging against the corrupt machine has been running through my head since seeing the “vindicated” press release on sat.)
I’ve already reached out and connected Scheer to a writer for Deadspin, ViceSports and others. Jamie OGrady of Sports Illustrated fame and now lawyer recommended him to me. And yes, I chat with sports writers for fun. Haha...
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

JMarkJohns wrote:Stop saying “correction” ... I know that’s industry vernacular, but it implies the updates are correct.

What ESPN has done is rather secretively and not at all with any fanfare retracted information and updated it with new information which it later redacted elements of.

If we call it by the actions undertaken in its update its far more sinister.
Again, this is why you approach ESPN of all institutions with these claims in the first place.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

JMarkJohns wrote:

Unite the clans!

I’ve already reached out and connected Scheer to a writer for Deadspin, ViceSports and others. Jamie OGrady of Sports Illustrated fame and now lawyer recommended him to me. And yes, I chat with sports writers for fun. Haha...
Wow awesome JMark!

Given your background and experience what is your take on something coming out of this?

Could this be a death of a thousand cuts to ESPN over this story? (Again uniting the clans theory.)
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I just want to say, if we start a thread each time ESPN offers a "correction" to this story, this board is going to get very cluttered.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

CalStateTempe wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:

Unite the clans!

Wow awesome JMark!

Given your background and experience what is your take on something coming out of this?

Could this be a death of a thousand cuts to ESPN over this story? (Again uniting the clans theory.)
I’d be hard pressed to say I’ve bet seen a major news organization do something like this, outside of maybe Dan rather/CBS and the W story that got him fired.

I have no idea what to expect, so I’m controlling the narrative as much as I can.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

JMarkJohns wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:

Unite the clans!

Wow awesome JMark!

I’d be hard pressed to say I’ve bet seen a major news organization do something like this, outside of maybe Dan rather/CBS and the W story that got him fired.

I have no idea what to expect, so I’m controlling the narrative as much as I can.
It's happened quite a bit in recent times. The corrections do nothing, the narrative is already set for the masses, most of whom will never see the corrected information. Or they'll skim it with an already-jaded set of eyes. Sean Miller is already guilty to 95 percent of college basketball fans. Mission accomplished.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Espn has removed Az from the bottom ticker. Michigan st. Still on it.