This community

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: This community

Post by azgreg »

I've never met anybody from a website, Wait.....we're not talking Tinder right?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

grest OP - Odogg came in like a ton of bricks.

anyway, i loved your passion to come after me and challenge what i said and take an opposite view of my opinions...then over time we learned to respect each other and became friends -- the internet is a strange place but its memories like this that remind me why i like it so much.

thank you Odogg and all the others for your contributions, you really are my internet family.

and who knows, since all this shit is going down, maybe i will spill the beans one day why i started the "im in the mood" thread.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe
Last edited by 97cats on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Jerry'd Kids was a pretty awesome handle. I remember being a clueless noob arguing with his signature reply.

Also, when I first tried premium and opened my first thread it was like opening a treasure chest full of gold. :lol:
azpenguin

Post by azpenguin »

I joined up back in 2003, when the Mackovic era was boiling over. I made a "No soup for you!" shirt with Mack as the Soup Nazi on it to wear to the TCU game after one of Mack's incidents. Good lord it's been almost 15 years arguing with you guys.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Here is how I remember ODogg. It was the 2011 season, early on. ODogg said we were a FF caliber team and for sure a sweet 16 team. he stuck to his guns amidst some pushback on how good we were (who knew at that time?). I remember I admired him for going out on that limb and I kept reminding people of what he said as we started to get better not knowing if he would be right but I thought he might know something. Then he was right and since then I kept looking at his projections with a keen eye.

Lots of great people on this board with great knowledge. This place is as special as Mckale is and the entire UofA community
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Merkin wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:I think George is still the only person I’ve met.
On one of my yearly trips to Tucson, I hit up the thrift stores to find UA clothing for cheap. The cashier at the downtown (or 6th Ave) Goodwill goes: "Hey, aren't you Merkin from Goazcats?"

"Yea"

"it's me ___________".

Drawing a complete blank who that was now, but it will come to me.

Only other poster I have met.

Friends with a bunch of old timers on FB though. Klaudija has a beautiful baby girl.
You’re a celebrity!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azcat49 wrote:Here is how I remember ODogg. It was the 2011 season, early on. ODogg said we were a FF caliber team and for sure a sweet 16 team. he stuck to his guns amidst some pushback on how good we were (who knew at that time?). I remember I admired him for going out on that limb and I kept reminding people of what he said as we started to get better not knowing if he would be right but I thought he might know something. Then he was right and since then I kept looking at his projections with a keen eye.

Lots of great people on this board with great knowledge. This place is as special as Mckale is and the entire UofA community
I appreciate the amount of respect this board has for basketball knowledge. Guys like TucsonClip get props for their knowledge and breakdowns instead of other message boards where those breakdowns get trashed by a horde of Rise and Fires.

I get new perspectives on the game, I get informed takes from people like 97Cats who have a finger on the pulse. This board has a high opinion of high quality stuff, and that separates it from so many other internet boards where it's a race to the bottom.

If our fanbase as a whole was more like this board, Wildcat Country would be a better place. When I talk to casual fans, I find myself more appreciative of the discussion here.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

The one person I miss most on the boards who is no longer with us is CharH.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:
Merkin wrote:
On one of my yearly trips to Tucson, I hit up the thrift stores to find UA clothing for cheap. The cashier at the downtown (or 6th Ave) Goodwill goes: "Hey, aren't you Merkin from Goazcats?"

"Yea"

"it's me ___________".

Drawing a complete blank who that was now, but it will come to me.

Only other poster I have met.

Friends with a bunch of old timers on FB though. Klaudija has a beautiful baby girl.
You’re a celebrity!
the jorts gave him away
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

97cats wrote:grest OP - and if i remember correctly Odogg was TheCatMan???

anyway, i loved your passion to come after me and challenge what i said and take an opposite view of my opinions...then over time we learned to respect each other and became friends -- the internet is a strange place but its memories like this that remind me why i like it so much.

thank you Odogg and all the others for your contributions, you really are my internet family.

and who knows, since all this shit is going down, maybe i will spill the beans one day why i started the "im in the mood" thread.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe

No, I've only been ODogg...that's it, one account.

TheCatMan was somebody else too...I don't remember who it was.

I do remember 97 finally after a few years of bickering PM'ed me about some locker room stuff with that Lyons Solo team...and that's when I knew I had made it.

Hahahhahahaah...It's been a hell of a run. I'm still on board with Arizona Basketball as I have been most of my life, its just the annual depression seems lurking earlier this year.

I need a good goddamn game tomorrow. I need Miller yelling at the guys and Trier to not let his guy get the first step.

Then I'm good, at least for a little bit.

Oh and spill the beans my man. Pour yourself a stiffy one time and blame it on the gasolina.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

azcat49 wrote:Here is how I remember ODogg. It was the 2011 season, early on. ODogg said we were a FF caliber team and for sure a sweet 16 team. he stuck to his guns amidst some pushback on how good we were (who knew at that time?). I remember I admired him for going out on that limb and I kept reminding people of what he said as we started to get better not knowing if he would be right but I thought he might know something. Then he was right and since then I kept looking at his projections with a keen eye.

It was because of DWill. I mean I love Ayton, but we got to watch Dwill for 2 seasons and he was ridiculously unstoppable on the floor. We all forget but he was lethal from 3 his soph year amongst everything else.

And it felt so fucking good to actually be good again. To actually win games, to have a coach that seemed like a coach and not a has been, or a drunk uncle. I was all in from the first time I saw Miller on the floor. All fucking in, and nobody could tell me that we weren't gonna be good.

I am still bought in. It's hard for me to imagine someone else on Arizona's sideline. I'm not ashamed to say I get a bit emotional about it either.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Believe it or not, that was the highlight of that first week of '06 March Madness in Yuma.

My great aunt and uncle have both long since passed, and I came home to find that my g/f had taken off, leaving nothing but a Dear John letter.

That was the week that sparked the "Women are Certifiable" thread.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

catgrad97 wrote:
Believe it or not, that was the highlight of that first week of '06 March Madness in Yuma.

My great aunt and uncle have both long since passed, and I came home to find that my g/f had taken off, leaving nothing but a Dear John letter.

That was the week that sparked the "Women are Certifiable" thread.
oh man. that thread. good ol' busty...
AzSRRinCal

Post by AzSRRinCal »

pc in NM wrote:My first AZ community was in '95 on oldAOL Boards...

.. I've always and only been "pc in NM" since through all the different sites.
Yeah, that's about the time I joined the AOL boards too. I recognize a few other names from that time and place but you're easy to recall thanks to always using that same ID. I wish I had been able to re-use the same screen name but when I first switched to AOL someone else already owned my Prodigy sign-in. So I went the other way and have created a different username for every site throughout the years until I recycled my original AOL name here. And it's nice to see that you're still alive and well.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Busty has to have about 5 kids and a plethora of stretchmarks these days right?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Not even sure tbh. Last I heard 3 or 4 years ago she had several kids and an ever growing rap sheet.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

On most other boards dating back to Aol, Prodigy, and BBSs(I ran several 2 line BBSes in the early 90s) I've been known as ozzfloyd. My 13 year old self thought combining my 2 favorite bands/musicians was clever...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I've been trying to remember all day, but, I can't. I was on some cat website before goaz....and it was under a different handle that I don't remember. Back then I did more IRC stuff and newsgroup stuff than I did internet message board.

some guy named wildcatpaulg (i think that was it, funny i can remember that but not my own handle) mentioned goaz and I headed over there and found I liked it. wildcatpaulg was a bit of a loon though, as I recall. Anyhow on goaz I finally got to use the handle I used elsewhere (POM) and the rest, as they say, is history.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

AzSRRinCal

Post by AzSRRinCal »

UAdevil wrote:On most other boards dating back to Aol, Prodigy, and BBSs(I ran several 2 line BBSes in the early 90s) I've been known as ozzfloyd. My 13 year old self thought combining my 2 favorite bands/musicians was clever...
How close were you to being PinkSabbath?
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

PieceOfMeat wrote:I've been trying to remember all day, but, I can't. I was on some cat website before goaz....and it was under a different handle that I don't remember. Back then I did more IRC stuff and newsgroup stuff than I did internet message board.

some guy named wildcatpaulg (i think that was it, funny i can remember that but not my own handle) mentioned goaz and I headed over there and found I liked it. wildcatpaulg was a bit of a loon though, as I recall. Anyhow on goaz I finally got to use the handle I used elsewhere (POM) and the rest, as they say, is history.
Wildcatpaulg, wasn't he the guy that made a Wikipedia page about himself?
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:I would literally log on and look for someone to pick a fight with. I guess POM is correct, I was a troll.

Which is depressing considering trolls are what I literally cannot stand. I guess with age comes wisdom, or whatever.

Or perhaps I still pick fights...I dunno...everyone is the hero in their own story.
If people are looking for fights, I'm in the mood to shed a little blood.

Maybe the answer to the current Arizona fan angst is Fight Club.
Instead of fighting each other, why don't we all gather together if Miller is fired and take a couple of large busses over to Tempe and beat the crap out of some ASU fans. Or maybe their coach. Or maybe ESPN. All of the above?
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Always enjoy reading everyone’s take. Been on since the goazcats (back in 2004) days not sure what happened there but eventually found this site. I went by Mal316 at TOS.
Last edited by Maldonado on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

scumdevils86 wrote:Not even sure tbh. Last I heard 3 or 4 years ago she had several kids and an ever growing rap sheet.
Can she at least now drink milk without spilling?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

In my first post in 2003, Hank of SB responded, "Ridiculous."
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

JMarkJohns wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Not even sure tbh. Last I heard 3 or 4 years ago she had several kids and an ever growing rap sheet.
Can she at least now drink milk without spilling?
I'm sure you can find her on social media or some adult entertainment platform and ask! :lol:
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Those utters were fantastic for a time, I can’t deny.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I joined GOAZCATS the first week it went up. I followed Ben and the other regulars from Cat Tracks. My name back then was Zona90. I was famous for hating asu. Devil fans didn't like me. :) I still don't like asu but I have toned it down with age. :lol:
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

billk78 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:I would literally log on and look for someone to pick a fight with. I guess POM is correct, I was a troll.

Which is depressing considering trolls are what I literally cannot stand. I guess with age comes wisdom, or whatever.

Or perhaps I still pick fights...I dunno...everyone is the hero in their own story.
If people are looking for fights, I'm in the mood to shed a little blood.

Maybe the answer to the current Arizona fan angst is Fight Club.
Instead of fighting each other, why don't we all gather together if Miller is fired and take a couple of large busses over to Tempe and beat the crap out of some ASU fans. Or maybe their coach. Or maybe ESPN. All of the above?
I'm legitimately worried that if this has a bad end, someone at work who doesn't know me well is going to say the wrong thing and I'll snap.

It almost happened when the FBI complaint dropped. A person I know at work and don't particularly like volunteered out of the blue "I always knew Miller was dirty." I barely stopped the rant about how college basketball recruiting actually is from coming out. I would have lost it on him too, "you know who Sam Gilbert is, mother****er?"

If this goes bad, I'm going to have to really watch myself.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:I've been trying to remember all day, but, I can't. I was on some cat website before goaz....and it was under a different handle that I don't remember. Back then I did more IRC stuff and newsgroup stuff than I did internet message board.

PaulG...that was the guy! Goddamn he was crazy.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Longhorned wrote:In my first post in 2003, Hank of SB responded, "Ridiculous."
See. You've been a true Wildcat from the start. Your heart is pure.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

You know how you can tell we are a great community? There are a few posters here who are generally easy targets to pile on to.. but this week... all the pettiness is gone and they have all been fully embraced

Love this community that we have worked hard to create
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

BibbysTowelDude wrote:Those utters were fantastic for a time, I can’t deny.
What a time to be alive
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86 wrote:
What a time to be alive
If I remember correctly there was a pretty nice fridge involved.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Alieberman wrote:You know how you can tell we are a great community? There are a few posters here who are generally easy targets to pile on to.. but this week... all the pettiness is gone and they have all been fully embraced

You're right and that's... well cool
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

phenom5 wrote:

yeah, he was crazy on any site he was on lol
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

I appreciate the amount of respect this board has for basketball knowledge. Guys like TucsonClip get props for their knowledge and breakdowns instead of other message boards where those breakdowns get trashed by a horde of Rise and Fires.

I get new perspectives on the game, I get informed takes from people like 97Cats who have a finger on the pulse. This board has a high opinion of high quality stuff, and that separates it from so many other internet boards where it's a race to the bottom.

If our fanbase as a whole was more like this board, Wildcat Country would be a better place. When I talk to casual fans, I find myself more appreciative of the discussion here.
Honestly, I probably lurk here more than post because you guys fucking cover everything by the time I show up! Great community, especially so because enfuego even followed us here in his sad attempt to troll us. Hey fuegs, you POS!
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
phenom5 wrote:

yeah, he was crazy on any site he was on lol
Yeah, that guy used to PM me about all of his personal problems. I was like woah I'm not your friggin therapist.

The run-ns with Basnight were a lot of fun if I recall.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Whatever happened to Jessie? :mrgreen:
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

If Officer Craig arrives we'll have reached critical mass.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Alieberman wrote:You know how you can tell we are a great community? There are a few posters here who are generally easy targets to pile on to.. but this week... all the pettiness is gone and they have all been fully embraced

If good things happen tomorrow the first thing I’m gonna do is call Machina a fucking asshole, I’m gonna post my political opinions ad nauseum in the basketball forum just so he can block me and flag my post.

Then we can return to normal.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

zonagrad wrote:If Officer Craig arrives we'll have reached critical mass.
I like to think OC is the guy who started Butt Snorkeler on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/buttsnorkeler/?hl=en
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Olsondogg wrote:

If good things happen tomorrow the first thing I’m gonna do is call Machina a fucking asshole, I’m gonna post my political opinions ad nauseum in the basketball forum just so he can block me and flag my post.

Seconded
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

TucsonClip wrote:
zonagrad wrote:If Officer Craig arrives we'll have reached critical mass.
I like to think OC is the guy who started Butt Snorkeler on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/buttsnorkeler/?hl=en
Nice touch!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

One of the best things about this shitty week has been reading all of bibbystoweldude’s hot takes on the reg again.

Good to see you dude.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Olsondogg wrote: If good things happen tomorrow the first thing I’m gonna do is call Machina a fucking asshole, I’m gonna post my political opinions ad nauseum in the basketball forum just so he can block me and flag my post.

flippin funny - you guys had a moment the other day, I saw it happen and it was beautiful
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Olsondogg wrote:

As long as I get my beer in Vegas it's all good buddy
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

PHXCATS wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

As long as I get my beer in Vegas it's all good buddy
For sure. I'll honor that beer.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

azgreg wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
What a time to be alive
If I remember correctly there was a pretty nice fridge involved.
Still exists
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Found Goazcats in my freshman year. Lurked for a month or so, then started posting. On the free side, never been a premium poster anywhere.

I found this place a couple of weeks after the old site died. I was really bummed, and I don't know what happened. All I knew was that all of a sudden there was no more free board, and I was like, "Shit, am I going to have to go over to 24/7 sports or some crap?".

But it's nice to see that everyone made it over. Though I don't know why the hell we don't have rep anymore, I had accrued some over at TOS that I wanted to transfer here... :(
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I remember when you could hit max rep, wasn't it like some crazy number?