Conspiracy Theory against CSM

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: Conspiracy Theory against CSM

Post by Chicat »

Bosy Billups wrote:Anyone have a way to reach Matt Ducroy (spelling, cbb writer at a sports publicatiom, Miller guy, independent from ESPN). He's the type who can raise these questions in public and turn the heat to the right place. Damn, forgot his name tho.
Are you talking about Mike DeCourcy at The Sporting News? He’s @tsnmike on twitter. Slide on into his DMs...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Arizona vs. ESPN is gonna be wicked awesome
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I want to believe all of this but it anyone reporting this except for Jason Scheer?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Alieberman wrote:I want to believe all of this but it anyone reporting this except for Jason Scheer?

Is anyone reporting wiretaps but ESPN?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Olsondogg wrote:Arizona vs. ESPN is gonna be wicked awesome
No banana passes!
Mike Luke's burner account.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Chicat wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:Anyone have a way to reach Matt Ducroy (spelling, cbb writer at a sports publicatiom, Miller guy, independent from ESPN). He's the type who can raise these questions in public and turn the heat to the right place. Damn, forgot his name tho.
Are you talking about Mike DeCourcy at The Sporting News? He’s @tsnmike on twitter. Slide on into his DMs...
Yes!! Thank you. Do the same. Link to this thread. Or another thread, source questioning this madness
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Alieberman wrote:I want to believe all of this but it anyone reporting this except for Jason Scheer?
Reporting what exactly? The timeline making no sense at all?

Or ESPN not reading the transcript or listening to the tape?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

PHXCATS wrote:

Scheer is the only one reporting that ESPN has not read / seen / or listened to the tape.

If this is true, that should be huge news. Instead, everyone is just piling on Miller / Ayton and the UofA thinking that ESPN has the goods.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Scheer is the only one reporting that ESPN has not read / seen / or listened to the tape.

If this is true, that should be huge news. Instead, everyone is just piling on Miller / Ayton and the UofA thinking that ESPN has the goods.
Schlabach’s article itself details that he didn’t read a transcript or listen to a recording. Everything is third hand from “sources familiar with the government's evidence” and “people with knowledge of the FBI investigation”, which could be anyone including Dawkins himself.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Alieberman wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:

Not just Scheer...
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Need more firepower than Scheer, really think  Mike DeCourcy The Sporting News @tsnmike is the guy to uncover a potential hit job. At least question the assumptions being made. Anyone have DM capability? I don't
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Ok good. As long as Shane and Bill are on it, I feel much better!

I really, really want this whole thing to blow up in ESPN's face... I'm just feeling like I'm wasting my time...
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

“Can’t start a fire without a spark...”—the boss
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bosy Billups wrote:Need more firepower than Scheer, really think  Mike DeCourcy The Sporting News @tsnmike is the guy to uncover a potential hit job. At least question the assumptions being made. Anyone have DM capability? I don't
decourcy@sportingnews.com" target="_blank
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Chicat wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:Need more firepower than Scheer, really think  Mike DeCourcy The Sporting News @tsnmike is the guy to uncover a potential hit job. At least question the assumptions being made. Anyone have DM capability? I don't
decourcy@sportingnews.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
Email sent. Let's see.

Maybe others should question ESPN in public?

Or reach out to Mike.

If Sean Miller is innocent, doesn't he deserve it? Would you want people going to bat for you if you were victim of a hit job? Bear Down
aznavcat

Post by aznavcat »

It appears ESPN never heard or saw tapes yet went with an unnamed source to quickly push out an unsubstantiated story. Miller says he'll be vindicated, although interesting that 100% of ESPN's reporters are taking the story as absolute gospel (like it's fact). Coach Altman was measured and classy in his response after last night's game (basically complementing AZ as a program and admitting he doesn't have enough information to form a credible opinion). I'm not sure what the evidence will show but "sources say" is a rotten way to publicly indict anyone. Supposedly Miller has been cooperating with the FBI and they certainly have full knowledge of the tapes/transcripts. This is all very strange, confusing, and disappointing. However, if the U of A's President and AD think Miler is innocent, I would expect them to go to bat for him.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Book goes rogue. Bad timing, fed eyes on Book's new buddies, gets sucked in. Enter CSM/Arizona. Because Book was rogue, CSM has no knowedge of that "conspiracy" and as such, he and school get knock from the feds. Miller shits his pants when he is told what they got Book into. Sensing he is in trouble for playing the game everyone else is playing, a game he despises but must play to be a competitive D1 team, he explains to agents the whole game and how it works. When asked if he wants to take part in ending the whole CBB cabal, he agrees.

Taking down the whole thing means BILLIONS in lost "indirect" or backdoor money for thousands of people. Shoe companies, AAU circuit, recruiting services, broadcasting companies, ESPN, NCAA. Dawkins attorney receives disclosure or witness list, which shows CSM. With billions at stake for the college hoops cabal, quite a bit of that going to ESPN, ESPN agrees to take a bogus/partial truth report implicating Sean Miller and Ayton in some serious shit. Again, it's in their best interest for the game to remain too. Also NCAA knows tgis gravy train could very soon end, so they pop Trier on some bogus ass trace remnants of something he beat on appeal last season. Chaos, get Miller to crack, step down, get school to fire him. He's less dangerous outside of CBB and he will have far less credibility on a witness stand for Dawkins and whoever else gets indicted along the way.

Leak story, get your salary dogs to heel and push the agenda/narrative even further. Target, concentrated. People wont ask questions, damn making sure we even got our timeline right...
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Miller loyalist you have convinced me, I think ESPN/Slabach is just out to get Miller. the timeline doesn't' make sense yo, internet sleuths proved its bogus homie! theyre just jealous of all the success he had. And actually Miller is Batman helping out the FBI deep under cover. Special Agent Sean "Bruce Wayne" Miller. Makes perfect sense.

You know how ridiculous this makes us AZ fans look who don't want to cheer for a crook. Fans who have kids that watch what you say and do?

and all this over a coach who never won diddly, wouldn't know a fast break if Keanu Pinder hit him in the face with one, and couldn't defeat a zone with 10 Aaron Gordons. But we beat Duke that one time a decade ago so its all worth it. SMH
97cats

Post by 97cats »

RiseAndFire wrote:Miller loyalist you have convinced me, I think ESPN/Slabach is just out to get Miller. the timeline doesn't' make sense yo, internet sleuths proved its bogus homie! theyre just jealous of all the success he had. And actually Miller is Batman helping out the FBI deep under cover. Special Agent Sean "Bruce Wayne" Miller. Makes perfect sense.

You know how ridiculous this makes us AZ fans look who don't want to cheer for a crook. Fans who have kids that watch what you say and do?

and all this over a coach who never won diddly, wouldn't know a fast break if Keanu Pinder hit him in the face with one, and couldn't defeat a zone with 10 Aaron Gordons. But we beat Duke that one time a decade ago so its all worth it. SMH
this may be my favorite post of the year so far — thank you
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

RiseAndFire wrote:Miller loyalist you have convinced me, I think ESPN/Slabach is just out to get Miller. the timeline doesn't' make sense yo, internet sleuths proved its bogus homie! theyre just jealous of all the success he had. And actually Miller is Batman helping out the FBI deep under cover. Special Agent Sean "Bruce Wayne" Miller. Makes perfect sense.

All I got from this was that Rise and Fire thinks Aaron Gordon is the best type of player to defeat a zone defense with.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

As has always been the case, Rise&Fail, you can take your talents elsewhere.

Personally, I would believe that the reanimated corpse of John Wooden set Sean Miller up before I’m willing to believe you’re an actual Cat fan or know the first damn thing about basketball.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

As always, the best way to make Rise & Fall vanish between these poop drops is to ask him a basketball-related question, which he has never been able to answer because he doesn't understand the basics of the game.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dcZONAfan wrote:

All I got from this was that Rise and Fire thinks Aaron Gordon is the best type of player to defeat a zone defense with.
Look, if the question is whether I'd like to have 10 Aaron Gordon's, the answer's yes. Even a stupid message board poster like me could win some games with that.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

FBI investigation? NCAA death penalty? Prison tIme? National laughingstock?

But we beat #1 seed Duke that one time a decade ago so its all worth it!

Miller apologists are the best
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

the diarrhea is spreading
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If anything they should retain Miller just to watch that douchebag cry
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RiseAndFire wrote:FBI investigation? NCAA death penalty? Prison tIme? National laughingstock?

No buddy, you’re the best.

Of course if you met Sean Miller in person you’d pee your panties with excitement and ask him to sign the copy of Cat Fancy magazine you just bought.
btfd16

Post by btfd16 »

Idk how I missed this. This is gold. Especially the having kids part.
BibbysTowelDude

Post by BibbysTowelDude »

Chicat wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:FBI investigation? NCAA death penalty? Prison tIme? National laughingstock?

No buddy, you’re the best.

Of course if you met Sean Miller in person you’d pee your panties with excitement and ask him to sign the copy of Cat Fancy magazine you just bought.
Think he’d sign my issue of Bird Talk? Right on the belly of the peach faced love bird?
aznavcat

Post by aznavcat »

Why Did ESPN Target Sean Miller/Arizona? Who exactly do they want to benefit from this?
Facts:
1) 9/2017 Book Richardson was taken into custody by the FBI.
2) Both Richardson and former coach Joe Pasternack were (allegedly?) recorded discussing money for recruits in the FBI investigation.
3) 2/15/18 - ASU (Bobby Hurley) loses to AZ (Sean Miller) for the sixth straight time in a big nationally televised game. Bobby Hurley, as a coach and competitor, must be very frustrated by this and wondering when, if ever, this is going to change.
10 days later…
3) 2/25/18 – Mark Schalbach, citing an unnamed source, breaks a huge ESPN story titled “FBI Wiretaps Show Sean Miller Discussed $100K Payment To Lock Recruit.”
Note: Multiple corrections to this story occur over the next few days but the reporter and key ESPN journalists continue to fully support it—the greater question is why?
4) Condemnation immediately follows from many ESPN journalists but none more than from Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale. What’s particularly striking is their sudden (as of the first report on 2/25/18) venomous hatred for Sean Miller/AZ based on heresay.
Heresay Defined:
Definition 1: information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.
Definition 2: the report of another person's words by a witness, usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.

Even after multiple corrections to Schalbach’s story, Bilas and Vitale continue to hold the view that Sean Miller offered money with NO factual knowledge of the case. It’s a blind belief in Schalbach’s story…but the more intriguing question, again, is why Sean Miller?

Things to consider and you can draw your own conclusions:
1) Mark Schalbach doesn’t normally cover NCAA basketball—how did he develop and supposedly become the trusted reporter for this unnamed basketball source? Is it possible he’s a useful idiot for an ulterior motive?
2) Jay Bilas (Duke alum) and Dick Vitale (Duke lover) are obviously bringing out the knives on AZ basketball/Miller…could it be to help out their Duke buddy who has lost every game against AZ (0-6)?
3) Motive: Bobby Hurley/ASU is/was not going to supplant U of A basketball on the merits. He’s in the shadow of their rival and giant in-state program yet he’s expected (ASU’s AD Ray Anderson expects every ASU team to compete for National Championships) to beat the U of A on a consistent basis. Hurley is going against the U of A’s rich tradition, tremendous fan support, and Sean Miller. That’s daunting and change isn’t happening fast enough or not at all…he’s 0-6. Up until 25 Feb, the Wildcats still had 2 high-level recruits and, according to Jason Sheer, were on the verge of potentially landing a few more high-level recruits despite Book’s role in the FBI. How do you “blow up” a program that’s overshadowing yours? There’s an old saying, “it’s not that I must succeed, it’s that others must fail.” Concoct a narrative based on a half-truth (we do know Book was involved) and implicate the HC (Sean Miller) of the entire program. But you need media allies to make it work (ESPN, Bilas, Vitale etc.). They are driving the narrative.
4) Given that the FBI records are supposed to be sealed. Someone ought to investigate the reporter and his accomplices to find out why they’re so hell bent on believing this unnamed source. Another point, Bilas is a lawyer, he knows heresay is not factual evidence, yet he stands by it. Vitale just loves Duke and it’s safe to assume Bobby Hurley too.
I think most sense there’s something wrong with this story yet ESPN insists it’s absolutely 100% true (even the parts that are untrue are regarded as true). Who gains from it may leads us closer to the answer of why the story occurred in the first place.