Eligibility Issue...I'm available for '18

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Joethestuff

Eligibility Issue...I'm available for '18

Post by Joethestuff »

With next year's class in, to put it mildly, in limbo, I'm ready to help out as a grad student for '18-'19

Graduated in '91
5'10, 200 lbs.
Great handle
Serviceable jumper to 21"
A potential liability on D
Limited explosiveness & foot speed
Great glue, chemistry guy...

Am I eligible??? Where do I send a tape???
Merkin

Re: Eligibility Issue...I'm available for '18

Post by Merkin »

5'10" shoes on or off?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Could you take Chris Rogers at the rec center?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I'll put my hat in the ring:

Graduated AZ in '97
5'11, 175 lbs. (Just lost 15 pounds in the last few months by running 3 miles every other day)
44 years old with still a full head of hair (Salt and pepper but still full)
Average jumper as long as no one is guarding me
Best defensive move is my sarcastic sense of humor
Very good at blocking shots vs my 10 and 13 year olds

Other important factors to consider:

Tutored Damon Stoudamire for a few weeks (he skipped most of the sessions)
Once gave Reggie Geary a ride home
Lute Olson once held my then 1 year old for a picture.
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

I'm good for half court...
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

So that is why I could not find that picture of me. How did you get past my 80 pound pit bull to get it?
I still have 4 years of eligibility left. Not even my high school coach could stand me for more than a week.
Is there such a thing as post graduate transfers? AZ could steal me away from Michigan State. They offered me a teacher's assistant job for my doctorate. Let's get even with Izzo.
I played a wicked game of horse in my grandfather's horse barn 66 years ago. Everyone else was afraid to try my signature shot from the rafters.With Pinder gone, I could be the enforcer and trip the guy I was guarding with my cane. I'm short, but I compensate for it by being slow.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

6'6" 250 with the ability to explode off the bounce. Limited hops makes me a poor finisher though. I like to play physical but if someone knocks my glasses off you might see me run right into the crowd thinking I am headed down court
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

No lateral quickness but I enjoy training table.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Joethestuff wrote:With next year's class in, to put it mildly, in limbo, I'm ready to help out as a grad student for '18-'19

Graduated in '91
5'10, 200 lbs.
Great handle
A potential liability on D
Limited explosiveness & foot speed
Great glue, chemistry guy...

Am I eligible??? Where do I send a tape???
Sounds like a 2" bigger version of PJC............sign him up :lol: :lol: :lol:
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

I think we found our new point guard:

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

6' 2" to 6'4" (depending on my back at the time) 275 lbs. I have the vertical of a hedgehog and can hit the rim 3 out of 4 tries from inside 12 feet.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I can grab a quarter off the top of the backboard and leave 15 cents change.

With an 8 foot stepladder.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Good shooter
Great leader
Large hands
Hates the FBI

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Look like some toddler size hands to me on that ball.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Class of '99. 6'4, 195. Deadly from 3. But the lift on my jumper is all but gone. Oh, and haven't played 5 on 5 in about 10 years.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

'08 5'9" 205

Been awful at sports my whole life... especially basketball. I just talk about them online. Put me in coach.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

IrishAzCat wrote:I think we found our new point guard:

Am I intimidating or what? I still can't figger out how you guys are getting those personal photos of mine. I'm ready, but how do I get to Tucson? Trailways says that they can't get down into my Hollar (Hollow for non mountaineers) any longer, but I think they're just scaredy cats because some upper level stuffed shirt saw reruns of those movies that put us God fearing people in a bad light. But I admit that one of those movies with Burt Reynolds had some great dueling banjo music. It isn't as as bad as people think. I tubed that same creek with no problem and didn't even take Vaseline with me.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm a 6'3, 190 lb wing. Still in half decent thanks to doing powerlifting/strongman stuff.

Upsides:

I still have a year of eligibility.
I was previously on a midmajor D1 roster. How much I produced...is not the question at hand.
I'm 36, so I feel like I can bring experience.
I have a solid home life and did well in school, so I'm unlikely to embarass the program with a legal incident and can be an APR asset.

Downsides:

I can't remember the last time I touched a basketball. The working world sucks.
I would totally take 150k if Christian Dawkins wanted to give it to me.
You thought it was frustrating watching Dusan's foot speed vs other bigs? You're going to hate watching me try to cover Troy Brown.
I have IBS, so I may really monopolize the locker room toilet.
I like old person rap, so I'm pretty sure the kids will get sick of me talking about how I hate that Mumbly Joe new rap. Back in my day, rappers enunciated so you could understand them. Plus, some of them would growl and bark on every track so you knew they were there.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Epic, Spiff. You’re on the team.
Joethestuff

Post by Joethestuff »

I like how this is shaping up to be an awesome ESPN E:60 or "30 for 30":

Storied National Power Arizona hits hard times after being impugned and defamed by a national sports network, loses its entire roster to early departures, transfers and de-commitments.

Where does it turn???

To its hardcore alumni fanbase of 35-55 year-old weekend warriors and two confused (very confused) 4-star recruits that Head Coach Sean MIller cobbles together to compete in 2018-19 as they finish the season 0-27 with a point differential of -67. However, they galvanize the nation and capture the hearts of millions in what is called "most pathetic spectacle ever perpetrated in modern American sports."

But do you know the rest of the story???

Tune in for a special edition of ESPN's "30 for 30" of:

I need a title.....
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Joethestuff wrote:I like how this is shaping up to be an awesome ESPN E:60 or "30 for 30":

Storied National Power Arizona hits hard times after being impugned and defamed by a national sports network, loses its entire roster to early departures, transfers and de-commitments.

Where does it turn???

To its hardcore alumni fanbase of 35-55 year-old weekend warriors and two confused (very confused) 4-star recruits that Head Coach Sean MIller cobbles together to compete in 2018-19 as they finish the season 0-27 with a point differential of -67. However, they galvanize the nation and capture the hearts of millions in what is called "most pathetic spectacle ever perpetrated in modern American sports."

I need a title.....
It's like the plot of Space Jam if the Toon Squad didn't have Jordan.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I am like Parker Jackson-Cartwright.
Except white. Same height, so I can be listed at 5'11", though I am definitely not 5'11". I can get my weight down if needed.
I was a pretty solid finisher at the rim, though...so not like PJC. I am sure this translates from intramural...it's the same game
I can shoot with either hand around the basket with runners, and am crafty. I am also awful from 3 except the rare times I am not. A 15' is automatic...if no one is on me.
I used to be able to jump...but, really, there are enough jumpers on this team. My patented drive off hand to fade-away show, then step in and under and shoot or pass if another guy is there to block my shit down my throat is dangerous. Or was the last time I used it in a pick up game 7 years ago.
There was a time I could touch the bottom of the rim. Seriously. It was 24 years ago. Again...we have enough of that. We need point play. And I am a pure point, no combo. I will make you look better (no comment on how). I will average .3 rebounds a game, but I will get you the ball in a good position to shoot. If the really fast and big guys in D1 don't guard me. And why would they? I can't shoot from 3.
I have full eligibility, and can make most Thursday and Saturday home games, taking a half day on Thursday.
My name is not Ev.
killervibe

Post by killervibe »

Sign me up. I have decent handle, great movement away from the ball, and am one of the leading rebounders in my Lifetime Fitness league. Not to mention, I can dribble down the court and jack up ill-advised threes without even considering a pass or dribble penetration just as frequently as Trier does it.
Disclaimer: Posts may not be suitable for the overly sensitive, feebleminded, or criminally insane. In the event I offend you, please take a big step back and literally GFY.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I'm only good at free throws. I never get fouled.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

killervibe wrote:Sign me up. I have decent handle, great movement away from the ball, and am one of the leading rebounders in my Lifetime Fitness league. Not to mention, I can dribble down the court and jack up ill-advised threes without even considering a pass or dribble penetration just as frequently as Trier does it.
A team from this board would completely play a Rockets style of either layups or threes. It would just have more 3's than layups and we probably don't have the same level of shooters.

One year in college, I played intramural basketball and I was one of two people who could score on my team. I utilized Kobe after Shaq left shot selection. I went for about 30-40 a game and we lost almost all the games because we had very little else and I didn't really play any D. Plus, shooting 20-30 times a game is tiring.

Incidentally, that was my only year of intramural ball.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Joethestuff wrote:I like how this is shaping up to be an awesome ESPN E:60 or "30 for 30":

Where does it turn???

I need a title.....
And if Bugs didn’t convince the rest of the Toons that he spiked their water with steroids.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

Makes me think of the story of the most lopsided college football game ever, 1916 Cumberland vs. Georgia Tech.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cu ... tball_game" target="_blank

Cumberland had to field a team to honor a contract, so a guy got a bunch if his frat brother's together to play #1 Georgia Tech coached by some guy named John Heisman and lost 222-0.

The kicker is that there was not a single first down by either team.

That's kind of how I see this going. We may never get past half court with the ball.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Where does it turn???

I need a title.....
And if Bugs didn’t convince the rest of the Toons that he spiked their water with steroids.

You think Bugs got that big naturally? Come on, this is the easiest PED case since Laron Landry.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bugs was just metabolizing some body fat.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

TatetheGreat wrote:Good shooter
Great leader
Large hands
Hates the FBI

:lol: :lol:
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

I can take PJC one on one and at 5'7, am taller than him, so I could post him up. I hate UA basketball though.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Joethestuff

Post by Joethestuff »

Phylek wrote:Makes me think of the story of the most lopsided college football game ever, 1916 Cumberland vs. Georgia Tech.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cu ... tball_game" target="_blank

Cumberland had to field a team to honor a contract, so a guy got a bunch if his frat brother's together to play #1 Georgia Tech coached by some guy named John Heisman and lost 222-0.

The kicker is that there was not a single first down by either team.

That's kind of how I see this going. We may never get past half court with the ball.

Fuck that noise!

222 pts. is 4.8 times the highest scoring team in NCAA football in 2017....UCF at 46.8 per game

Villanova leads the nation this season at 87.2 pts per game in 2017...

There's no way our hard charging band Bear Down Wildcats Alumni team gives up 419 pts per game to anyone...

...no way we give up more than 215 a game...
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

6'2" on my tippie toes. 185. Streaky shooter. Known for inaccurate passes by attempting to lead 40+ olds on fast breaks and grossly overestimating their "speed." My wife's two lines she utilizes the most is "I don't want to hear about it if hurt yourself and don't forget your braces." May have some durability issues.

Great communicator:"screen left left...right right... SWITCH... Same team same team! Back screen, use me, outlet! Runner! Get mine get mine!"

I will be sure to start keeping my official stats and start my highlight reel at pickup ball Wednesday. I expect Romar soon will be visiting me once the word gets out!