Root for PAC-12 teams

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dovecanyoncat

Re: Root for PAC-12 teams

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:I will root for the Condoms in the NIT.
They're up by 5 at the half without Metu.
T'sup with Metu?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
azgreg wrote:
T'sup with Metu?
He doesn't want to risk getting injured.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

AZCatGirl wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:
azgreg wrote:
T'sup with Metu?
He doesn't want to risk getting injured.
Thanks, no wonder McLaughlin is scoring so early.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

God UCLA...

20 turnovers to 6...

Your bigs took SIX FUCKING SHOTS...and they were bigger than Bonnies tallest by several inches...

You took 50 shits 60% were three pointers..Bonny took 11 less three pointers than you...
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Usc wants to watch the tourney with ucla
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

If I'm enfeld, I think I tell metu he can go home and stay injury free.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Postmaster wrote:If I'm enfeld, I think I tell metu he can go home and stay injury free.
Yes.

USC tried their hardest to lose this...
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Enfield didnt even want to accept the NIT bid.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Always pull for the Pac 12 except ASU and UCLA. With that said, I will commend Alford for another great job this season.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Fuck the PAC 12. Yeah, I said it.

We are an island.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

I root for the Pac 12 teams so they don't embarrass the conference. But I certainly don't want any of them to advance far.

I don't think other programs or their fans are rooting for us. We are the Julius Caesar and they'd all love to stab us in the back.

I know this: Arizona has done more for Pac 12 basketball than the Pac 12 has done for us. If it made sense to go to the ACC, I'd be all for it.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

zonagrad wrote:I root for the Pac 12 teams so they don't embarrass the conference. But I certainly don't want any of them to advance far.

I don't think other programs or their fans are rooting for us. We are the Julius Caesar and they'd all love to stab us in the back.

I know this: Arizona has done more for Pac 12 basketball than the Pac 12 has done for us. If it made sense to go to the ACC, I'd be all for it.
Yeah, but that's why we're allegedly a better fanbase than some others. I can be happy for UCLA without getting insecure about the size of Wilbur's manhood. It's fine if they're good, we can still be better.

Steve Alford is not making this easy in practice, but the point is what it is.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

zonagrad wrote:I root for the Pac 12 teams so they don't embarrass the conference. But I certainly don't want any of them to advance far.

Think you would be surprised. Most non-UCLA/ASU fans I have met over the years have shown a great deal of respect and envy (positive) for our program.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Yeah, but that's why we're allegedly a better fanbase than some others. I can be happy for UCLA without getting insecure about the size of Wilbur's manhood. It's fine if they're good, we can still be better.

This is where I am at too, I WANT UCLA to be good. It’s better for the pac perception and it’s better for us when we kick their ass.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

This is where I am at too, I WANT UCLA to be good. It’s better for the pac perception and it’s better for us when we kick their ass.
When they were good last year and we beat them in Pauley, we got a huge national boost. That's my desired year to year result.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Postmaster wrote:If I'm enfeld, I think I tell metu he can go home and stay injury free.
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

Jefe wrote:Holder not suspended due to the ejection?
He's playing so, clearly, not suspended for some reason. I'm guessing that the NCAA confused Arizona and ASSU and will have one of our players sit out for Holder's suspension.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

UCLA losing to Bonny was a complete joke, a storied program in a sea of 12 million and countless 5 stars losing to a tiny ny school with 2,000 students. Then ASSU craps out like expected, leaving PAC12 with just us to carry the banner.

PAC-12 is generally underrated usually, but this year after a horrible football bowl season of 1-8, and 1 NCAA tournament team, looks like we should just disband our conference. Or at least can Larry Scott and get someone who can negotiate to get us nationwide exposure, the PAC-12 network is seen by like 7 people.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

And then there was one.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:UCLA losing to Bonny was a complete joke, a storied program in a sea of 12 million and countless 5 stars losing to a tiny ny school with 2,000 students. Then ASSU craps out like expected, leaving PAC12 with just us to carry the banner.

PAC-12 is generally underrated usually, but this year after a horrible football bowl season of 1-8, and 1 NCAA tournament team, looks like we should just disband our conference. Or at least can Larry Scott and get someone who can negotiate to get us nationwide exposure, the PAC-12 network is seen by like 7 people.
The awful exposure and work by Larry Scott is the main reason why it looks like the conference is sliding into the area between high major and mid major status in football and basketball.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

There has only been one all season
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

It's really hard to say the Pac is not at the AAC level.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

azgreg wrote:And then there was one.
And the CBS bracket challenge 'quick pick' has Arizona as the first 4th seed to lose (based on 10,000 modeling runs) - to Buffalo in the first round.

So we had better not shit the bed.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Fuck ASsU you never belonged in the real tournament.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

^^^This^^^

AssU was NINTH in the Pac 12...the ONLY reason they got in was luck in the OOC and Bobby Hurley used to play for Dook...thats it...they only won ONE game in the last month and that was over the WORST team in the Pac 12...

The NCAA committee is a fucking joke they change the emphasis every damn year so no matter who you are its a moving target to schedule...

USC screwed themselves with a cupcake OOC...and we almost did in the Bahamas...

Besides Bobby Hurley couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Gilbertcat wrote:It's really hard to say the Pac is not at the AAC level.
Anymore for basketball especially, yeah. We're not s high major league anymore. Outside of us, UCLA and Oregon, the rest of the league is the definition of mediocre, and even teams like Oregon and UCLA can't maintain any success.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

“why don’t we get any respect?” asks the conference that went 1-8 in bowl games, and sent 1 team to the round of 64 in hoops.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

10-15 years ago the PAC went through a similar crisis. It rebounded pretty well the following years, now we bottomed out again. The academic institutions that make up the conference are excellent, but the football and basketball has troughed lower than the other conferences when we do have bad years.

Pac shoulda had AZ and USC in, that's probably it. If we each woulda won some games, not so bad.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

MrBug708 wrote:“why don’t we get any respect?” asks the conference that went 1-8 in bowl games, and sent 1 team to the round of 64 in hoops.
Should have been 2-7 if the refs didn't tell UA to not go after the ball
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

last year, 25% of the conference makes the S16, and no one talks about how good the PAC is.

This year, the wrong teams get in, get bombed, and it is supposed to reflect on us? Screw that. The PAC is the PAC...and we got the toughest game out of every one of these teams...again. Alford might not be able to convince his players to care about Dayton or St Bonawhateveritisn'tLA, but we get those 4 and 5 star players marquee game every year. USC was better than ASU or UCLA. We beat ASU when they were still hot...in their building. We go on the road and play Oregon to OT without Trier and with all the distraction of no coach/no future...and their arena is jumping.

Whatever the PAC may be overall, we get their best. So they are a bar...when we play, weight is always added. WAY too much being made over one year failures. But I'd like to see what Duke does going into Corvallis on a cold Thursday night with 1300+ miles of travel behind them for this one game. Or what Virginia does at UW when they pack the old Hec Ed with courtside students after a 1500 mile trip into a drizzle, tipping after the country has gone to sleep and all of Seattle wants to see Trier drop dead on the court.

There is a uniqueness to the PAC, and, quite frankly, an experience we get that 10 of the other 11 teams do not (I imagine UCLA inspires a near-equal response, but not the same). We get everyone's sold out court, best game, coaches film time. And there is usually no one else that can take that burden from us...ASU ended up being that same bullshit travel partner that gave the games away.

What ASU, or USC, or UW was in the PAC is not the same as what we are in the PAC. And we still won it. And, quite frankly, it doesn't matter if the conference is great or down...we get the same treatment, and usually finish around the same place.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MrBug708 wrote:“why don’t we get any respect?” asks the conference that went 1-8 in bowl games, and sent 1 team to the round of 64 in hoops.
Big thank you to UCLA on that. We all knew ASU wasn't going to help with that.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

That's like blaming the flight attendant for why the plane crashed
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

PHXCATS wrote:
You missed the point
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MrBug708 wrote:That's like blaming the flight attendant for why the plane crashed
Extending this analogy to UCLA's talent and coaching, the flight attendant has more than enough natural ability to land the plane, but doesn't want to appear too hands on, so he/she just stands there and watches the vacant stick twist the plane into a death spiral without trying to adjust the course.

I'm giving you guys credit. You were the only team other than SC that was legit capable of helping the Pac's national profile. SC got hosed by the committee, so we were down to UCLA as the only asset beyond Arizona.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

It's not a one moment in time failure by a couple teams. Sure we can make excuses on why things didn't work out the way we wanted but when our winner can only manage a 4 seed and the summer up can't even make the tournament, we have bigger problems them a single appearance and failure. Moving to football, our bowl tie ins are awful and we still sucked this year.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

MrBug708 wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
You missed the point

I completely got the point and I agree with it. I still am pissed though refs told UA to not play since Purdue would take a knee and then let Purdue run that bullshit play
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

MrBug708 wrote:It's not a one moment in time failure by a couple teams. Sure we can make excuses on why things didn't work out the way we wanted but when our winner can only manage a 4 seed and the summer up can't even make the tournament, we have bigger problems them a single appearance and failure. Moving to football, our bowl tie ins are awful and we still sucked this year.
There's definitely a more systemic issue. Oregon being down didn't help bc Arizona, UCLA and Oregon are the 3 programs with the most potential.

And I like to make fun of other teams. If Arizona gets upset, you can return the favor.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

You would think but I was pretty quiet during the Sean Miller 100k story weekend. UCLA tends to step on its own dick, without the help of anyone else
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

MrBug708 wrote:You would think but I was pretty quiet during the Sean Miller 100k story weekend. UCLA tends to step on its own dick, without the help of anyone else
That's what happens when Steve Alford's your coach.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Only one (1) PAC 12 team in the Tourney round of 64. Why is this thread even exist?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
cats101

Post by cats101 »

MountainCat wrote:Only one (1) PAC 12 team in the Tourney round of 64. Why is this thread even exist?
Because we're all rooting for Arizona :lol:
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

MountainCat wrote:Only one (1) PAC 12 team in the Tourney round of 64. Why is this thread even exist?
People like to see Pac12 teams do well in the NIT?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

5 teams in the NIT sweet 16!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

scumdevils86 wrote:5 teams in the NIT sweet 16!
We should rename from Conference of Champions to Conference of Consolation Tourney Champions.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
We should rename from Conference of Champions to Conference of Consolation Tourney Champions.
Per Bill every Pac-12 team should make the tournament.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

cats101 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
No truck stops..... whatever the fuck that’s supposed to mean.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
prh

Post by prh »

Chicat wrote:
cats101 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
No truck stops..... whatever the fuck that’s supposed to mean.
Pac12 is more like rest stops?
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
MrBug708 wrote:You would think but I was pretty quiet during the Sean Miller 100k story weekend. UCLA tends to step on its own dick, without the help of anyone else
UCLA has been screwing up longer than Alford has been around
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

MrBug708 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
UCLA has been screwing up longer than Alford has been around
Forgive Choo, Bug. Walt Hazzard and Larry Farmer elicit a blank stare from most of the younger AZ fans.