let's talk '18

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: let's talk '18

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:Yeah ummm those are the same uniforms we've had the last two seasons.
Maybe the gray gradient is gone on the home uniforms? That's the only possible thing I can see.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Yeah ummm those are the same uniforms we've had the last two seasons.
Maybe the gray gradient is gone on the home uniforms? That's the only possible thing I can see.
Check the date of the tweet.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Check the date of the tweet.
Ah. Well, thanks for getting my hopes up, jerks. Notice how the FBI/ESPN stuff all hit after we adopted gradient? Coincidence?
OSCat

Post by OSCat »

Bwill just tweeted a cat emoji~
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Brown and Williams playing in the Ball is Life All American game this Saturday in SoCal... along with a bunch of other dudes that Arizona was previously involved in recruiting, including: Nassir Little, Naz Reid, Devon Dotson, Jahvon Quinerly, Shareef O'Neal, and James Akinjo.

Here's hoping we're not getting shit talked by a bunch of recruits who jumped off the Arizona train once it pulled into FBI station.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Mike Luke on 1290 just said some Oregon insider (who has been wrong before, take with a grain of salt) said BW and some other five star are committing to the Ducks Saturday to give them the best rated PAC-12 class ever.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

UAEebs86 wrote:Mike Luke on 1290 just said some Oregon insider (who has been wrong before, take with a grain of salt) said BW and some other five star are committing to the Ducks Saturday to give them the best rated PAC-12 class ever.
There aren't any other uncommitted top recruits beyond Brown and Williams, and Brown has never shown an inclination towards Oregon. Oregon hasn't even offered Brown.

So structurally, that assertion as report doesn't stand up. Could be something lost in the game of telephone or could be that insider is full of shit.
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

YoDeFoe wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:Mike Luke on 1290 just said some Oregon insider (who has been wrong before, take with a grain of salt) said BW and some other five star are committing to the Ducks Saturday to give them the best rated PAC-12 class ever.
There aren't any other uncommitted top recruits beyond Brown and Williams, and Brown has never shown an inclination towards Oregon. Oregon hasn't even offered Brown.

So structurally, that assertion as report doesn't stand up. Could be something lost in the game of telephone or could be that insider is full of shit.
Francis Okoro is the other.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Okoro isnt a 5 star. Is he reclassifying to 2018?
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

ChooChooCat wrote:Okoro isnt a 5 star. Is he reclassifying to 2018?
That is just what is on their board.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

baycat93 wrote:
Is this the same fuckwad that said Oregon and ASU were Williams's top schools?
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
baycat93 wrote:
Is this the same fuckwad that said Oregon and ASU were Williams's top schools?
I don't know...I just recently went there so don't know any history. It is not a very active forum. They think okoro is reclassifying, committing to oregon, and because (ITNSHO) 2019 is a better class than 2018 will ultimately be upgraded to a 5 star in 2018.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

Brown won't be playing this weekend and bwill will commit to AZ this weekend
TJATUA

Post by TJATUA »

Was it Prehm? He said this yesterday:

"Arizona was supposed to get an in-home visit last week or this week because of Williams signing a financial aid agreement this fall that would allow it, but Williams’ father told the Wildcats to not visit because he wanted a fair game for all three schools involved. Arizona is very much in the picture here. But the school that might be the biggest threat to Oregon is Gonzaga. The family was very impressed with the talent on the roster coming back and the talent on the roster that will be there for the long haul. Gonzaga in my eyes is a bigger challenger than expected."

That's the first I've heard that Gonzaga is a viable threat.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

This Prehm guy doesn't know shit about Williams, hes working off hunches. I mean read that crap.
TJATUA

Post by TJATUA »

ChooChooCat wrote:This Prehm guy doesn't know shit about Williams, hes working off hunches. I mean read that crap.
Was he the guy that said that ASU was a bigger threat than Arizona??
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TJATUA wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:This Prehm guy doesn't know shit about Williams, hes working off hunches. I mean read that crap.
Was he the guy that said that ASU was a bigger threat than Arizona??
Yes.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

CatHoops wrote:Brown won't be playing this weekend and bwill will commit to AZ this weekend
Your most recent prediction was "Akinjo will commit this weekend" so... how sure are you of this one.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I hate recruiting.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

azgreg wrote:I hate recruiting.

LMAO, have been silent for a while now but have to wholeheartedly agree with you azgreg these days.....especially this past year with the Fake News against us and CSM. He definitely earns his money having to do this job.....I can’t even fathom the toll this past year has been on him and his family.

I used to love it....then one and dones made it so much less enjoyable but now it’s just a huge painful drama that I want to not follow but for love of the Wildcats, I must. SMH. Ughhh. BTFD Greg.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

OSCat wrote:Bwill just tweeted a cat emoji~
He deleted it but he's a Wildcat. No reason to believe Oregon's hacks over your own two eyes.
ezinaz

Post by ezinaz »

baycat93 wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:

Francis Okoro is the other.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

This is gonna leak before Saturday.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TatetheGreat wrote:
He deleted it but he's a Wildcat. No reason to believe Oregon's hacks over your own two eyes.
I'm not getting that feeling at all quite frankly and it may not be Oregon.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
Is this just a gut feeling choo? Or do you have some info? I guess if he doesn't choose us I'd prefer Gonzaga over Oregon or ASU.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

billk78 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
Is this just a gut feeling choo? Or do you have some info? I guess if he doesn't choose us I'd prefer Gonzaga over Oregon or ASU.
Nothing concrete yet, but I certainly haven't heard anything to make me feel remotely warm and fuzzy in regards to our chances here.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
I've figured it's a 3 way 33% chance for a while.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Well we should find out tomorrow. Fingers crossed. This is really huge.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
Honestly it's sounding like it's a 2 horse race and we're not one of the horses.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
Honestly it's sounding like it's a 2 horse race and we're not one of the horses.
Family wants Gonzaga and Brandon wants Oregon?
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

azgreg wrote:I hate recruiting.
Agree 100000% and have no idea why anyone would ever want to be a college basketball coach outside of the money. Just so brutal to have to start over basically every year.

Even when we win big guys, you only win them for a year and then they are gone.

Lets say PHX gets 1st pick this year in the draft, that means they can get Deandre and have him for a very long time if they take care of him. That's exciting and awesome. I look at the Lakers and they have an exciting core now and could add to it but give it time and they will be great. I don't have to worry about Ingram leaving or some false report coming out about Luke Walton.

If we get Brandon Williams we have him for two years. Heaven forbid he is actually better then we think then he is gone 11 months from now. Doubtful but still just sucks because next year he might test the draft waters and we go into purgatory around that too.

Just sucks
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

It's a significant setback if we don't get BW. We remain weak at PG for at least another year or two. I wonder how we're doing with Nico.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Beachcat97 wrote:It's a significant setback if we don't get BW. We remain weak at PG for at least another year or two. I wonder how we're doing with Nico.
I dunno... I'm living in a world where we're already set back - I don't assume we're getting either of these guys.

Logically I think Arizona is the best pick for both, but logic and Arizona basketball aren't great friends.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:It's a significant setback if we don't get BW. We remain weak at PG for at least another year or two. I wonder how we're doing with Nico.
I dunno... I'm living in a world where we're already set back - I don't assume we're getting either of these guys.

Logically I think Arizona is the best pick for both, but logic and Arizona basketball aren't great friends.
Oh totally. The setbacks have arrived en masse lately. What I'm looking at here are the early hints of a *comeback* of a sort. We need a backcourt that can win games in March. Doutrive is a nice start, but BW is the piece we most need.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
TatetheGreat wrote:
Way to kill my vibe.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

What's most upsetting about this whole chapter regarding Williams is that despite the FBI/Book fallout, he was still committed to Arizona. And Arizona had stuck with him after he was injured.

The entire blame falls on ESPN and Schlabach. Without the b.s. story back in March, we have Williams AND O'Neil and are working towards a very respectable recruiting class. My dislike for that network will endure for a very loooooooong time.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

He so doesn't sound AZ-bound in that clip.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Oh totally. The setbacks have arrived en masse lately. What I'm looking at here are the early hints of a *comeback* of a sort. We need a backcourt that can win games in March. Doutrive is a nice start, but BW is the piece we most need.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Beachcat97 wrote:He so doesn't sound AZ-bound in that clip.
I don't know... I'm glad that he's commenting on the quality of our players and that he appreciates that there is talent here. But that also speaks (maybe) to what is on his mind: the level of talent at each of the schools. And if that's what he's thinking about, well we all know we're not in the lead in that regard.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote:
I don't know... I'm glad that he's commenting on the quality of our players and that he appreciates that there is talent here. But that also speaks (maybe) to what is on his mind: the level of talent at each of the schools. And if that's what he's thinking about, well we all know we're not in the lead in that regard.
Trying to read a player's interviews...it's just not possible. It's the same generic praise about a different facet of a program.
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

I'll be shocked if BW re-commits to Arizona. I feel like Oregon and Gonzaga are more advantageous for him simply because Altman and Few would allow BW to play to his strengths. Miller is too much of a micro-manager. And lets face it the uncertainty that still looms over the program is enough for most high level recruits to swipe Arizona left.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:
Trying to read a player's interviews...it's just not possible. It's the same generic praise about a different facet of a program.
Good call. It was a reluctant click that of an interview that won't matter in a day.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Brown taking his last official visit to Nevada. That's where he will be committing to.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

ChooChooCat wrote:Brown taking his last official visit to Nevada. That's where he will be committing to.
So when can we hear about his and Bwill's backup plans? Cuz it seems like they might be the primary plan now.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

zonagrad wrote:What's most upsetting about this whole chapter regarding Williams is that despite the FBI/Book fallout, he was still committed to Arizona. And Arizona had stuck with him after he was injured.

The entire blame falls on ESPN and Schlabach. Without the b.s. story back in March, we have Williams AND O'Neil and are working towards a very respectable recruiting class. My dislike for that network will endure for a very loooooooong time.
It was a killer, no doubt about it. I am still amazed at the coincidental timing of it -- Yahoo publishes a big story on widespread issues with various programs and elite players, and then Schlabach unloaded that bogus Miller wiretap story later that evening. By the end of the weekend, O'Neil and Williams were gone. Everyone now knows the story was bogus, but the damage is done.

And one cannot blame Williams for looking elsewhere because AZ is damaged goods right now. Oregon is one year off of a final four, a team that had dynamic guard play, and a program with a big recruiting class coming in. Gonzaga is also a year from a final four with a stable program and a good roster. It will be a huge shock if he still picks AZ. And presuming he does not pick AZ, the one thing that I find bothersome is that he should not have lead the program and Miller on -- once he decommitted, he should have simply moved on like O'Neil because it does not sound like AZ remained a legitimate favorite.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

goslingswagg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Brown taking his last official visit to Nevada. That's where he will be committing to.
So when can we hear about his and Bwill's backup plans? Cuz it seems like they might be the primary plan now.
I imagine it wouldn't take very long after BWill's announcement.

Edit: I'm in a fuck it mood. If BW commits elsewhere as expected I'll tell you who he is immediately.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Fri May 04, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

I know I said I didn't expect to get either dude, but I still felt a little pain in my gut when I saw the Nevada news.

We're not getting either of these guys.